• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Bits - 3 DAY Brawl/Melee - October 23-25 - Miami, FL (Read quote top 1st pos

nevershootme

Smash Master

OK! It's time! LETS DO THIS
UPDATE: Lately I haven't been keeping up with updates since i've moved up to orlando for school. as far as running smash I believe Ruuku will be taking care of what i left off. remember, I'm not in charge anymore

also, they told me if you bring a full setup it's $15 for the weekend
I am also needing volunteers to help me run the tournament, I will be very selective in picking out who to help me. Inquire within

Hello folks and thanks for your interest in attending this tourney. I will make a PRE-REGISTRATION FORM in the later weeks for people to pre-register and for me to arrange the brackets and pools before the tourney.

Official list of tournaments happening for this event

BlazBlue
Call of Duty: World at War
Gears of War 2
Halo 1
Halo 3
King of Fighters XII
Madden 2010
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Rock Band
Soul Calibur 4
Street Fighter 4
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (I'm in charge of that)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (I guess i'm in charge of that)
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Miami, Florida
United States 33126

-It's right by Miami International Airport
Read this for hotel info
http://infinitebitsconvention.com/?q=Location

-Also we will try to arrange housing accommodations outside of the hotel. so smash community. help each other out
My Contact Info:
Name: Eddie
Cell: 786-280-1680 (Call or Text), no stalkers allowed
Aim: never shoot me
msn: never_shoot_me@hotmail.com
Currently I'm gonna be running MELEE AND BRAWL. if there is itnerest and time, I will hold a smash 64 tourney. If I'm seriously lacking TV's, I would have to put Brawl only.

Also, I need massive community feedback and support in making this tournament a success, because I am extremely pressed for time and I want to make it be completed by this time and such. I will need contingency plans

Convention times (WE MUST FOLLOW THE SCHEDULE ACCORDINGLY, WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO GO PAST THOSE TIMES):
Friday - 12pm - 8pm
Saturday 10am - 8pm
Sunday 10am - 5pm
-I need assistnance in helping me arrange a proper schedule to accommodate these 3 days, taken into account the locals having school and such and oos people arriving.

-Systems: I'm going to be provided with 3 wiis (For either game), 3 GCs (For melee), and 5 N64s (For smash 64) from the staff at the convention and I will bring a wii and cube with my own copies. I really would like people to bring their SYSTEMS AND TV'S to ensure that the tournament will be runned successful.

-TV's: I need a boatload of tv's (30-40?!) to make this tournament run smoothly in order for me to get both melee and brawl done.

-Here's the current pricing structure for the con

Pricing:
For the Con
Tickets are available online at www.infinitebitsconvention.com or at the door.

Pre-registration prices are:
Weekend Pass (before July 1, 2009) - $25
Weekend Pass (after July 1, 2009) - $30
Single Day Pass - $20
Group Rate (12 or more) - $22.50

Door prices are:
Weekend Pass - $35
Single Day - $20

For the tournament
Singles: $10 (Both Games)
Doubles: $20 per team, $10 per person (Both Games)

update: I have a discount available for bringing FULL SETUPS ONLY.

letter from the boss:

"I want to offer a discount to those who can provide a setup. Anyone who brings a TV, Wii, and a copy of Brawl and melee (all characters and stages need to be unlocked) will receive a $20 discount on entrance, lowering the door charge to only $15 for the weekend. Upon arrival there will be a tournament registration table where they will check in their system, and it will be cataloged and properly secured."

so yea. you only pay $15 for the venue fee.
Payouts (Subject to change): We may get some sponsorship from Tate's Comics up in broward to add in additional prizes
If there are less than 64 people:
1. 60%
2. 30%
3. 10%

If there are more than 64 people (64-128 players)
-Payouts are going to the top 4 or 6

If there are beyond 128 people (IF this should ever happen)
-Payouts are going to the top 8
Here is the rules for both games
-MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER, I WILL NOT SUPPLY CONTROLLERS.

Brawl:
-3 Socks
-7 Minute matches
-Friendly Fire On
-Infinites of any sort is not allowed (DDD Infinite [Gentlemen's rule apply if so], IC's Infinite [Restricted to an extent, will be clarified later]
-Stalling is seriously not allowed
-MK Edge Grab rule is in effect (i'm thinking 50?)

-MK IS EITHER BANNED OR NOT (Pending SBR talk or MY OWN DISCRETION)

Starter List:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville

Counter Picks (Will Change later if there's demand and suggestions):
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium 1
Melee:
-4 Stocks
-8 Minute MAtches
-Friendly Fire on
-Stalling is not allowed
-Wobbling is either banned or not (I need to verify about this)

Starter List:
-Final destination
-Pokemon Stadium
-Kirby's dreamland
-Yoshi's story
-Fountain of dreams
-Battlefield

Counterpicks:
- I need a list of available counterpicks outside the starting stages
Now the next business is the tournament schedule. I want to run both tournaments simultaneously in order to meet the deadlines.

Tournament Schedule (Subject to change):
Friday: Registration and friendlies (Possibly do some pools?)
Saturday: Doubles and Singles Pools for both games
Sunday: Finish Singles and Friendlies.
So... Lets get some major hype. Also I do need an emergency contingency plan if the tournament doesn't end on time, Please provide suggestions and locations to finish the tourney

Picture of the place, please disregard the pirate cuz it was an anime con lol I was there btw

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
I'm gonna try to convince Jax to go to this but I def. wanna go for way more than just Smash... soo who wants to chill during this at the beach and such?

...:027:

nevershootme

Smash Master
keep in mind it's 5 months away and i'm doing my best to get prepared for a huge tourney.

Maybe i should change the title or keep it as is.

also I added the link to the convention on the 1st post. so check out the basic details and location of the place

nevershootme

Smash Master
i'd figured... i'll figure something later today

but for sure attendence is definitely like up at 30 miami locals for smash and more on the way

as far as schedule goes, it would seem that saturday is the biggest hit, yet I'm thinking of keeping it Brawl only and no melee (and add in brawl+ on the side)

Friday - Registration and some early pools matches at night
Saturday - Late Reistration, Doubles, finish pools, and hopefully 1st half of singles
Sunday - Finish Singles.

I'll also do my best to get some supporting help in running the pools and monitor setups, if so I can do my best to hook up with a volunteer badge and let u in for free (only pay the tourney fee)

The schedule is preliminary and is subject to change. but you're definitely getting a ton of games in and play with tons of players from even the out of state region. And a huge pot is on the line and extra prizes from hopefully a sponsorship from a local comic store called Tate's Comics.

This is definitely Miami's 1st Major Tournament (Unless I'm wrong..)

Master Raven

Smash Master
3 Days of singles sounds crazy. It'd probably be better to do one day of Brawl teams and the next day of singles, and throwing in some Melee in one day if you can. I'm just going by how Apex ran because that tourney ran very very well.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
sounds like a cool concept, figure out who can co-manage your tournament, figure out the number of set-ups,figure how long u can run the venue without problems and you should be good to go. I'll attend this for sure as it looks promising, just keep it that way for now :)

nevershootme

Smash Master
3 Days of singles sounds crazy. It'd probably be better to do one day of Brawl teams and the next day of singles, and throwing in some Melee in one day if you can. I'm just going by how Apex ran because that tourney ran very very well.
like i said, the concept was a way to make singles end early on sunday in the case if the convention ends early like 7pm.

Setups, I do request for people to bring theirs, and I'm sure i might be able to secure enough as possible

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Sounds epic.
Are smash celebs like Afro, Seir, and Co18 should help draw in people.
They would show up. At least Seibrik and CO18. (Not sure if Afro will quit again and whatnot.)

Just curious, why do you call him Seir, when his name is Seibrik? Why not just Sei? ^^,

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
hmmmm october.... we'll see if brawl still exists then :p
Day that happens I'm done playing video games. Only game coming up that has me excited is A Boy and His Blob. Tired of playing the same tired ****, and the last game that left an impact on me was Endless Ocean, and before that a FLASH GAME. Games suck today.

But that's off topic :[

This could well be awsome.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I suggest doing pools the first day, but starting them at like 2:00 PM for people who show up there a little late... Or go by what other people say. That way, you have one day to finish pools/start the tournament, and the second day you can finish everything up. I don't know the area well enough to tell you where it should be if it doesn't end though.

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
Iceclimbers grabs arent worth banning dude , Ic's w.o grabs = Trash Ic's with grabs are only decent.
Theres things people can do to prevent it from happening besides spacing in general, Nanas a friggen moron and when shes not being seperated and killed by your opponant , shes jumping off and commiting suicide.
Not to mention all the skill it takes to actually land them consecutively , Ill be dammed if I end up losing my iceclimbers while theres metas gimping people at 0%.
We should leave meta and climbers alone.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Iceclimbers grabs arent worth banning dude , Ic's w.o grabs = Trash Ic's with grabs are only decent.
Theres things people can do to prevent it from happening besides spacing in general, Nanas a friggen moron and when shes not being seperated and killed by your opponant , shes jumping off and commiting suicide.
Not to mention all the skill it takes to actually land them consecutively , Ill be dammed if I end up losing my iceclimbers while theres metas gimping people at 0%.
We should leave meta and climbers alone.
Your ***** be stupid.

Top Bottom