• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite jumping & Superjump. Added Video!

D1

Banned via Administration
Wow you guys never cease to amaze...

..my interest in Yoshi is going thru the roof now ^_^_^_^_^_^.

Saw all those happy faces?

Thats how happy I am.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Nice, keep finding out more stuff for us to abuse =D. Especially his aerial game ;). Psy.

bigman40

Smash Master
Actually, I've been thinking about ways to use DPC (Dash Pivot Cancel) correctly. In the video, it was shown that you can only fsmash the opposite way you were sliding (if you slide to the left, then you smash to the right). Well, I know how to make yoshi slide towards the opponent and fsmash towards them, with the sliding effect.

Also, A good mindgame that someone might be able to use is running towards the opponent, make yoshi turn away from the opponent, was quickly jab the control stick back to the opponent (only have it pointing to the opponent for less than a second). Yoshi will pivot back to the opponent in a dashing animation, but he won't move. You can either do a dash grab, a dash atk, or maybe a Usmash (not sure about the Usmash). If you want to see how it works, hit me on AIM or MSN and I'll show you online.

D

Deleted member

Scat, i luv u. Ur finding out so much rediculous stuffz =P But how the hell do u do this???? I could get it like twice, but i cant consistantly get the timing. When exactly do u do the 2nd double jump.

Also, in case u didnt know, yoshi has a waveland sorta, its pretty neats though i cant rly think of any uses for it. Just jump and right before u land, airdodge (im not sure if u doublejump first, i just found this while trying to do the super jump).

bigman40

Smash Master
Idk when to tell you exactly when to do the 2nd jump in the infinite. You have to time it so that you are about a foot off the ground, so that the aerial animation is done there. On the same second, jump, and hopefully you can get the extra jump.

For the superjump, it's about the same spot that you have to be in the air. The DJ and airdodge has to happen nearly at the same time. If you see that you DJ with no rings, then you did it correctly. Sometimes it works with the rings, but I would keep caution when you see the rings.

I noticed about the waveland a little before, but i don't think it's enough momentum to make a difference in spacing. I can help online a little later. Right now, I have to pull up bushes out of my dad's yard. At least i'm getting paid for it ^_^

isomorphism

Smash Cadet
Haha, is Yoshi like the most technical character in the game right now? Or is every character getting ridiculous techniques out of this ISJ stuff?

bigman40

Smash Master
heh, I just noticed something about yoshi's falling speed. When you DJ w/o a rising aerial, you fall normally when you do an aerial coming down. However, SH an aerial, DJ another aerial, and when you start falling, you'll go a little faster. It's nothing big, unless you're intending on mastering the infinite jump (I'm able to do it 2-3 times in a row doing N-airs now), but it's just some info i'd thought I'd put out there.

D

Deleted member

I better lrn this before saturday so i can make people crap themselves when i double jump twice and gimp snake LOL.

bigman40

Smash Master
haha. Fine

I'll do the DPC also cause someone can find out it's usefulness.

DPC(DashPivotCancel):

1. Run towards/away from your opponent.

2. Have yoshi do the turning animation away/towards your opponent.

You can do either:

3A. Fsmash either towards/away your opponent. (maybe good for rolling opponents) Note that you will smash the opposite way that you're sliding. You can also do Dsmash, Dtilt, Upsmash (you will atk the same way you're sliding).

3B. Have your control stick at neutral, and at the same time Fsmash the same way you are sliding. You can also do a normal grab out of this.

3C. you can quickly jab your control stick towards/away from the opponent (don't hold it longer than a second). From here, you'll dash in place. You can do: Dash atk, Dash Grab, A Usmash (you won't move though), or a Pivot Grab (just jab the control stick back the other way and grab at the same time).

Superjump:

1. ShortHop a Bair or an Uair.

2. Use your DJ and airdodge as quickly as possible. If you see rings under yoshi, then you probably haven't done it right (sometimes it does work).

3. From there, you can jump whenever you feel like. Just make sure you DO NOT land on the ground again, or you'll have to do it over. You only get one extra jump from this and you can do any aerial you want as long as you don't touch the ground.

Infinite jumping:

I'm actually starting to get this down quite well. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOSHI HAS 3 DIFFERENT FALLING SPEEDS. His third can be found by doing a rising aerial to a falling aerial. Most may not notice it, but he falls a tad faster doing it.

1. Jump and quickly DJ.

2. (This is for the N-air. The rest you will have to find out when the timing works.) When you see yoshi pull his head down to get into his falling animation, do a Nair.

3. Watch the animation as it ends. When you see yoshi pull his foot behind him, press the jump button. If it's done correctly, you'll DJ again.

That's the best explanation I can give you w/o having anything to slow it down frame by frame.

Yagi

Smash Ace
Here is a easy way to do it straight from the ground:

Push up to start Yoshi's jump and IMMEDIATELY push (X or Y) to double jump. If done correctly Yoshi will do his double jump straight from the ground. Now just add a airdodge when you push X or Y. You have to airdodge so you never see any part of Yoshi's jump animation. If you do it right Yoshi will do an extremely high airdodge which you can then double jump out of.

bigman40

Smash Master
Here is a easy way to do it straight from the ground:

Push up to start Yoshi's jump and IMMEDIATELY push (X or Y) to double jump. If done correctly Yoshi will do his double jump straight from the ground. Now just add a airdodge when you push X or Y. You have to airdodge so you never see any part of Yoshi's jump animation. If you do it right Yoshi will do an extremely high airdodge which you can then double jump out of.
That won't work cause you're not close enough to the ground. If you see the DJ rings, then you haven't done it (sometimes it's an exception). The aerial gets you close enough to do it easily. The superjump should be no problem to do with an aerial. Timing is the only thing that messing them up.

Yagi

Smash Ace
That won't work cause you're not close enough to the ground. If you see the DJ rings, then you haven't done it (sometimes it's an exception). The aerial gets you close enough to do it easily. The superjump should be no problem to do with an aerial. Timing is the only thing that messing them up.
Yes, it does work. Or else I wouldn't have posted it. I just think you are not doing it right / not fast enough. Try again.

bigman40

Smash Master
Well, you obviously must have tap jump on. Most yoshi mainers already said that yoshi is better w/o tap jump, but yes. You can do that. It won't work for users w/o tap jump on though. The game doesn't register the buttons quick enough unless you can claw the two jump buttons. My apologies. I didn't think about any yoshi users with tap jump.

Yagi

Smash Ace
Yeah I used tap jump. So I decided to try it with out it and I still can do it (without the 'claw', just pushed X twice). Actually, it isn't hard at all. So it should be very easy for you to try it out. I just want to clear up that you can do the super jump without doing an aerial or b move at all. All you need to do is double jump/airdodge right when you are above the ground.

Sharky

Smash Master
L+X or Y ought to work for that too if you have L set to jump.

Of course, I'm without a Wii again, so I can't verify that. I was able to pull off the infinite a couple times during my last hour or so with one yesterday.

Sharky

Smash Master
yeah it's been really rough luck for me lately. I was just starting to get used to the lag, too. >.<

Eddosan

Smash Cadet
Does the grounded DJ animation in this technique have anything to do with the one when you Butt Stomp Slide Cancel (just made that name up)? 'Cause I notice that you can DJ right as you're touching the edge (from BSS), but if you move towards the stage at the same time, Yoshi will instantly recover into a standing animation. Immediately before the standing animation, however, Yoshi spends like 2-3 frames in DJ animation (tilts his nose down, flapping his arms). This is what I'm comparing the grounded DJ to.

I gotta practice dem techs man! It looks like the Double Double Jump, heh, will be the most useful one, but that's just me speculating.

bigman40

Smash Master
Idk if I interpret it correctly, but it doesn't seem like the one you're talking about. Yoshi isn't actually touching the ground on it. You're just making the game think that you are due to the new buffer system.

Yo'ster

Smash Rookie
I tried this out for the past half hour and had some success. I found it easiest to first practice using two jump to get off the ground (pressing x and L at the same time while dodging, then approaching the ground and using x and dodge). The fact that my y button is shield though may have helped.

I'm able to do the superjump pretty consistently using upair, but I couldn't get the timing for bair (then again, I didn't spend that much time on it). I also had trouble doing jump after jump. I think I managed two nairs in a row once or twice, but that was the extent of it.

I really think this helps Yoshi's game on battlefield. Yoshi can preform a full jump off the ground with an upair. Then you can superjump off one of the lower platforms. It allows Yoshi to reach a much higher height. It may be very situational, but it definitely can help.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Very nice video. Though, the quality kind of screws up my understanding of what's going on and how I pull it off. Will continue to try though.

Eddosan

Smash Cadet
Tried both techs yesterday. By far, the Double DJ is the easiest to do, and I can do it consistently out of a SH nair. I noticed that all you have to do for the DDJ to work is DJ+dodge while you're almost touching the ground. Whether you SH, normal jumped, aerialed, air dodged, or whatever, as long as you can DJ+dodge right before you hit the ground, you'll have an extra DJ at your disposal.

I only managed to get an Infinite Jump ONCE, sadly. Couldn't find the timing very well. ;__;

bigman40

Smash Master
It'll take alot of time to get the infinite down. I've precticed it for 4 days, 2-3 hrs each day, and I can get 3 in a row every now and then, but I can do it once alot of times.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Keep in mind I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but...How useful is yoshi's infinite and super jumps? The Super seems good for surprising maybe a snake recovering high to kill with the all mighty Uair, not as sure about the infinite though? any advice on these would be awesome, thanks guys.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: The infinite seems useful for baiting, mostly.

I can see Yoshi creating a wall of back aerials, forcing opponents to use either obvious moves to overcome back air's range and priority, or forcing opponents to use predictable motions to get around the wall (rolling, air dodging, dash shielding, etc.). From there, Yoshi can react (assuming one isn't just mindlessly jumping and wagging one's tail) and capitalize on any openings left by the opponent.

Maybe something like that. I'm sure someone could come up with something better to use it for.

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
I came across the DJ and Super jumping whille fooling around, Bigman when you get on wi-fi tell me so I can show you a cool way to infinate jump from the edge. I DJ about 4 times doing different airels from the ledge, pretty Neat...

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
:yoshi: The infinite seems useful for baiting, mostly.

I can see Yoshi creating a wall of back aerials, forcing opponents to use either obvious moves to overcome back air's range and priority, or forcing opponents to use predictable motions to get around the wall (rolling, air dodging, dash shielding, etc.). From there, Yoshi can react (assuming one isn't just mindlessly jumping and wagging one's tail) and capitalize on any openings left by the opponent.

Maybe something like that. I'm sure someone could come up with something better to use it for.
If quickly used, you could get a super jump in to get the Uair more quickly. Possibly.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: My bad, I thought he was asking about the infinite and not the super. x_x

Too many jumps. @_@

Never thought I'd be saying that as a Yoshi main, LOLOLOLOL!

Top Bottom