• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite jumping & Superjump. Added Video!

bigman40

Smash Master
:yoshi: My bad, I thought he was asking about the infinite and not the super. x_x

Too many jumps. @_@

Never thought I'd be saying that as a Yoshi main, LOLOLOLOL!
lol. There are never too many jumps as a yoshi main XD I haven't been playing alot to actually use it. If I get it down, then I'll let you guys know of it's usefulness.

Lol @ yoshinator.

D

Deleted member

Chasing snake while he recovers is actually useful, ive been using this for that a bit, especially when they dont expect a 2nd double jump.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Alright. That works. I just can't seem to get it down. I keep watching the Youtube video for reference but Youtube videos are always low quality looking. At least for video games anyway. So I'm trying to make sense of what's going on and the timing that it goes on, but I can't seem to do that. To top this, I think I'm doing it right, just not having good timing.

I jump, then DJ immediately after that first jump. To follow up with this, I use an aerial RIGHT before I land, and then I jump once more. Though, do I press it once or twice after that aerial? If I press the jump button (because I have Tap Jump off, for obvious reasons) after the aerial, do I press it once or twice before I land to get the infinite?

As for the Super Jump. The way you worded it confuses me and I think that's why I can't pull that one off. I don't know what one of the terms you used means. That's the main problem for the Super Jump anyway.

Edit: Just mastered the Super Jump. Took me a while, but I finally understand it and get it every time now. Now.. for the Infinite. xD

bigman40

Smash Master
Glad you got the Superjump down. For the infinite, you have to push the jump button once before you hit the down to attempt to get the aerial. If the aerial animation finishes after you hit the ground, you can't get the infinite. However, you can't do it too early either. Think about it as the height for the Superjump and Dragonic Reverse. Yoshi has to have the aerial finish there (push the jump button as he's ending the aerial), to have a chance at the infinite.

EggZavier

Smash Rookie
Ive tried this in the training arena, and I found you can do the super jump with your Neutral B as well, instead of uair or bair. I actually find the B easier.

And great find, I wonder if theres a way to manipulate it so we can help yoshi's recovery. There might be one for character that can walljump but unfortunately yoshi isn't a char that can do that...

Well you can DJ off the stage to edgeguard, and then be safe knowing you still have a DJ left.

Edit: Another way to do the superjump is to do a first jump (not shorthopped) and then use your neutral A right at the top of it, then proceed to do the DJ Air dodge and it works just as well.

Prophesized

Smash Cadet
You can do the super jump without inputting an attack at all. SH, then right before you reach the floor use the second jump. You should notice yoshi lagging a little on the floor with one of his feet before the second jump activates along with the air dodge. Then input an attack and you'll be able to do the second jump. I think the small lag between his foot touching the ground and the second foot activating the second jump is the key for the super jump.

Really nice to know he can do it, thanks for sharing :D

EggZavier

Smash Rookie
You can do the super jump without inputting an attack at all. SH, then right before you reach the floor use the second jump. You should notice yoshi lagging a little on the floor with one of his feet before the second jump activates along with the air dodge. Then input an attack and you'll be able to do the second jump. I think the small lag between his foot touching the ground and the second foot activating the second jump is the key for the super jump.

Really nice to know he can do it, thanks for sharing :D
You can doit by jumping and airdodging. Press Up on the control stick, the X buttton and R at the same time, yoshi should do a doublejump airdodge, and you should be able to do another double jump that gives you more height than it alone.

Top Bottom