• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia Reunion: NES n00b edition - 12/18

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I'm sure I'm one of the many people who don't truly know NES Noob. Is there a thread that tells about who he is and such? Like an obituary? If there is can I have the link to it? Thanks.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I will do my best to be at this.

Jack or Iori, is there any way I'd be able to spend the night at your place the day before the tournament or whenever you guys plan on driving up? I remember you guys saying something about your lease being up, but...

I really want to be able to go to this. I really want Sariku and Ziggy to be able to go to this.

Edit - My current plan is to go pick up Sariku and Ziggy in (though I've yet to actually ask either of them I'm sure they'd both be able to go), then drive for as long as I have to, preferably 4+ hours, to get some housing on the 17th. If we can't get housing by that time for whatever reason we CAN just stay at my apartment in starkville, ms (which is open to anyone btw, if I go)

I'll then go to the tournament, do stuff there, then Sariku, Ziggy, and I can take any money/cards/poster with condolences that the tournament back with us and personally deliver it/them to Mrs. Roberts.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Actually that's another thing I wanted to ask: Is this going to be a fundraiser tournament for Mrs. Roberts? If it isn't then I will commit to donating any winnings I make to Mrs. Roberts, in the off chance that I win something. In either case Ziggy, Sariku, and I can take the donations to Mrs. Roberts with our heartfelt condolences.

I also think there should be a donation box, for those who want to help. I also plan on looking into what it would take to make that tax-deductible. I'm not sure but I think this would qualify, so long as a record of who donated what is submitted to the IRS so they have two accounts of it. I dunno, I'll have to ask some people. If this could be tax-deductible then I think a lot of people would be more generous.

I also plan on bringing a large posterboard and sharpies for people to sign their condolences, which will also be delivered to Mrs. Roberts in person.

Oh, and the reason we're volunteering to deliver it all is because Sariku and Ziggy live 20 minutes from Mrs. Robert's house.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Hay if anyone needs housing you can stay at my place. I live in whitehaven/memphis and it isn't that far from the venue at all.

I would advise you prepare yourself since it is pretty ghetto there. Shouldn't be a problem for you guys tho right :/

Handorin

Smash Hero
Actually that's another thing I wanted to ask: Is this going to be a fundraiser tournament for Mrs. Roberts? If it isn't then I will commit to donating any winnings I make to Mrs. Roberts, in the off chance that I win something. In either case Ziggy, Sariku, and I can take the donations to Mrs. Roberts with our heartfelt condolences.

I also think there should be a donation box, for those who want to help. I also plan on looking into what it would take to make that tax-deductible. I'm not sure but I think this would qualify, so long as a record of who donated what is submitted to the IRS so they have two accounts of it. I dunno, I'll have to ask some people. If this could be tax-deductible then I think a lot of people would be more generous.

I also plan on bringing a large posterboard and sharpies for people to sign their condolences, which will also be delivered to Mrs. Roberts in person.

Oh, and the reason we're volunteering to deliver it all is because Sariku and Ziggy live 20 minutes from Mrs. Robert's house.
Yea. I think the plan is to have a donation box, and maybe have a tournament. Any winnings are optional to go into the donation pot, but I am willing to bet all of it will go into it.

Winnar

Smash Lord
If anyone wants to stay at my apartment in Starkville (if that works better for you), then please let me know soon so I can plan to be here to let you in.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I just got the facebook invite for the event. I was hanging out with Will and Tony (Clink) and read it out loud to them. We are still in shock over it. We will attend. This is terrible though, I don't even know what to say.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
I cannot make it, but I'm going to mail some stuff down to DML to take to the tourney for me.

Stupid Saturday exams...

Ryan was a very good friend of mine, and I don't think I've ever been able to talk as openly to anyone else.

This sucks.

~BunBun

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Southern Indiana will be here. He drove up to my tournament (as did many of you) so I should come to this one in his honor.

If anyone needs a ride (and is between Evansville and the venue) let Reneblade or I know.

Anyone want to house me? <---(130lb, small, good smelling)

Winnar

Smash Lord
ATTENTION FL, GA, AL, MS, LA, AND ANYONE ELSE WHOM THIS MIGHT APPLY TO

I will be able to host ANYONE who wants to come to this. I live in Starkville, MS, about three and a half hours from the venue.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING HOUSED BY ME

• *VERY IMPORTANT* Tell me ASAP, I MUST know you're coming. The apartment complex has a gate and in order to get in you need my number so that I can let you in. Also if no one tells me they're going to my apartment then I won't be there. This is out of the way for me, and I'm only doing this to help you guys.
  • Bring a SLEEPING BAG - I have a lot of floor room but only one full bed and a couch
  • Bring a TOWEL/SHAMPOO/whatever you might need to take a shower, IF you wish to take one. Don't worry, I won't kick you out for not showering, but I know some of you will want to shower, so be prepared since I only have one towel. Also I only have one shower/bathroom, so be warned about that. It is clean, though.
  • I won't have ANY food in my apartment, but it's a college town and there are a lot of great, cheap restaurants I can recommend to you as well as some chains that stay open late.
  • I doubt this will be a problem, but at some point on the 19th I will be leaving (probably after lunch). When I decide I'm driving home, everyone who's still there has to go, too.

Shaka03

Smash Rookie
Can I get more info on the location? I'd love to come and support, RIP.

I'm planning to come up there with a fellow smasher and help out.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
You just take the Missouri street exit off of I55/40 in West Memphis., it's on shoppingway blvd. Next to impossible to miss. There will be a Krystal, mcdonalds, and a walgreens in the same area.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
NC Should go...

PP?
I have no car LOL.

I reallllllllllllly want to go to this, though. If someone can pick me up in Shelby on the way then maybe I'll be okay.

Actually, my parents will probably let me use one of their cars if I tell them the cause this is about. They both saw how torn up I was about Nes N00b.

I'll talk to NC about getting together and coming to this. I really wanna go.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
If STL decides to come to this, I will attend.

I didn't know him personally, nor did I ever talk to him, but deaths are incredibly hard to deal with, especially with a close friend.

All my respects and best wishes to his family, and if a donation does occur, (I didn't read the rest of the thread.) I will donate towards the cause for sure.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Oh, um, we should have a dress theme.

Though I really have no idea what to do.

At first I thought we should all wear black, but that seems...kind of wrong? I don't know, what do you guys think?

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Bleh, not working.

Anyways, for those who can use animated .gif's in their sigs,

Made that just now, sorry for the weird symbol at the bottom left it was from the program I used.

joeplicate

Smash Master
doing a fundraiser and donating to his family is an incredibly thoughtful and good idea

major props for making the most out of such a tragic situation =(

Winnar

Smash Lord
Man, has the same first name as me...
Me as well. It was kind of weird for me IRL, I don't think anyone else knew we had the same name. They might have guessed though by me looking up any time they called for him.

Any ideas on the dress?

Edit - Zane (or Mike G), could I get this edited into the OP? Also the proper address would be good to be in the OP as well, since a lot of OoSers are looking into going to this.

ATTENTION FL, GA, AL, MS, LA, AND ANYONE ELSE WHOM THIS MIGHT APPLY TO

I will be able to host ANYONE who wants to come to this. I live in Starkville, MS, about three and a half hours from the venue.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING HOUSED BY ME

• *VERY IMPORTANT* Tell me ASAP, I MUST know you're coming. The apartment complex has a gate and in order to get in you need my number so that I can let you in. Also if no one tells me they're going to my apartment then I won't be there. This is out of the way for me, and I'm only doing this to help you guys.
  • Bring a SLEEPING BAG - I have a lot of floor room but only one full bed and a couch
  • Bring a TOWEL/SHAMPOO/whatever you might need to take a shower, IF you wish to take one. Don't worry, I won't kick you out for not showering, but I know some of you will want to shower, so be prepared since I only have one towel. Also I only have one shower/bathroom, so be warned about that. It is clean, though.
  • I won't have ANY food in my apartment, but it's a college town and there are a lot of great, cheap restaurants I can recommend to you as well as some chains that stay open late.
  • I doubt this will be a problem, but at some point on the 19th I will be leaving (probably after lunch). When I decide I'm driving home, everyone who's still there has to go, too.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Anyone that might be able to give rides to a lonely Yoshi? It'd mean a hell of a lot to me to get to this, so if anyone's passing through eastern TN, then ****in TALK TO ME so we can set **** up plllleeeeeaaaaaaseeee!!!
I think I will be passing through there. Check the route between Evansville Indiana and the venue. If you are close, let me know.

Your yoshi is very impressive from the set i saw.

yoshiiscool

Smash Journeyman
unfortunately, it would more than double your driving time, going from about 5 hours, to over 12 hours >.> Thanks for offering, but I can't in good conscious let you go that far out of your way. I've tried to talk to DRPP about a ride, because for him I'd only be about 20 minutes out of the way, but I'm still looking for back-ups in case he can't get clearance on his end.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm going to make every effort to attend and bring a few midwest players.
I just don't even know what to say. Having known him makes it so weird.
RIP.

edit:could anyone house two?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yoshi, i confused my west with my east subconsiously, haha. hope that works out for you and pp tho.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Wow, this has gotten a lot bigger than I expected. I honestly expected just the original Inn crew, hmm. I wonder if we're going to have enough time. I don't want to discourage anyone from coming by any means, but since we're having it at the restaurant after hours, our time frame is pretty limited.

I've updated the first post again with more specific details (including removing the possible date change, as much interest as this has gotten, this is confirmed now), please review. We also will need setups of course, thanks.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Zane- I'm bringing a setup fa sho, and a power strip.

*edit* How much did it cost to rent that room at the Holiday Inn for an evening?

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
if i still played, i would make a conscious attempt to go, but i dont. RIP n00b, its too bad you didnt moar time. we'll play some friendlies on the other side.

-Chad-

Slackerator
If we could rent that room at the holiday inn again....

hell I'd drop money to help pay for it in a heartbeat. If it could even be arranged that is, I don't know if your schedule could deal with messing with that Zane :x

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
I second that, especially since it'll be close after payday for me. It can't be all that costly, right?

Winnar

Smash Lord
Whoever pays to rent the Holiday Inn will get their money back via venue fee. Whatever is left over from venue fees will go towards donations.

That's how it should work imo.

Top Bottom