• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Next: Mar 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Offtopic: (When is this topic ever on topic?)
New regional mods for Atlantic south are Mookie and QDVS.

Sorry, I tried Zane =/

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
i.e. the idea of "improvement" has a lot of bias inherent in it, and it's unavoidable. What I mean by hard facts is... if someone beat someone else higher ranked, of course their rank would go up. If they don't do it consistently, then their rank will drop. That way there's no ideas of "oh well, number 1 only lost tonight cause his game was off, so and so should be ranked higher cause they've been playing better lately even though they might not have beaten a bunch of people, et al."

There's no problem with attendance at all. If you wanna be ranked, you're gonna go to tournaments. Missing a few tournaments here and there will not decrease your rank that much, except for maybe the big INN V. It's simple fact and we have to be objective about it.

Say for example, McCloud upsets the top 4 one night. McCloud's rank should naturally go up. McCloud doesn't go to tournaments. McCloud's ranking drops low. If McCloud wants to bring his ranking back up, he's gotta beat some more people.

In that sense, say for example, Aurafox. Aurafox pwns. Aurafox doesn't play smash at all. Aurafox won't be ranked.

Basically, my argument is for not giving people welfare.

edit - yay mookz.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
TN - Nite and either me, fizz, mario'scapeabilities or smashter link. don't think that i'm being biased tpwards my crew because i'm most certainly not, the fact is that we are good players from the area and if we were in the panel would argue intelligently. Either one of us would be a better pick than KOKingpin (no offense dude).
You forgot to mention Zero and Deeber. Though do to Deeber's inconsistency in attendance I would say he wouldnt be the best pick for a panelist(no offense). I personally think that Zero would be the best pick in the Run7 do to his high level of intellect and lack of bias decisions. I would vote him over everyone else in our crew, nothing personal its just my opinion. I would also like to thank you though for mentioning me, but I would not want to be a panelist. I hate debates and confrontation so it doesn't suit me. And I say no to having two crew members for one crew on the panel.

As for AR I would like to nominate Seif. I know he just recently started(I think, sorry if not) coming to INNs but from his posts I have read(especially in the AR Locator with 8bit I think) he has a high level of deduction and would be a great addition to the panelists. Thats my opinion anyways.

shroom

Smash Cadet
The thing about TN is only one person from Run7 can be in it unless you mean to challenge Nites spot he has a big lead right now. We really need decent suggestion for that other TN spot thats in a different crew than those listed. It seems like a lot of people suggest two or even more Run7 people.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
The thing about TN is only one person from Run7 can be in it unless you mean to challenge Nites spot he has a big lead right now. We really need decent suggestion for that other TN spot thats in a different crew than those listed. It seems like a lot of people suggest two or even more Run7 people.
What about MnC? They are a Memphis crew to my knowledge so they rightfully deserve a spot. That would clear it up. One Run7 and one MnC. I agree that Nite is a good pick but most people are saying that because he wins so much which should not be the basis for a vote. He deserves it for other reasons. Like he **** near skipped a grade today from being too smart.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
We need to make a specific thread for power rankings as opposed to just spamming up this thread with it. I'm sure everyone doesn't want to have to flip through the almost 100 pages trying to find posts relating to power rankings.

shroom

Smash Cadet
I was going to do that but I figured someone on the panel should so they can edit the first post later to show changes in ranks.

Edit:
I might begoing to the biweekly November 18th. Its a big maybe though.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I think we need to get more information in stone before making a topic. As of right now we have nothing for certain.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
The whole point of the thread is to discuss this, lol. No need to get facts straight, that's what the thread is for. Seeing as how they want tournament organizers to establish this thread it only seems fitting for Zane to set that up. Why don't you guys knock out a mission statement in here, then make the transition to the other thread.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Did we ever get the results from the Hallowiikley. I would like to see what i got:confused:

Nite

Smash Champion
No, I don't believe we ever got those updated. I would like to see who placed where as well. It could help a little later with some ranking decisions also.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
I don't see a problem at all with having two or more from the same crew on the panel. First of all, it's not like me and Nite or anyone else from my crew for that matter totally agree on the same things. We all have differences in opinion and as long as it's not an entire crew on the panel then it shouldn't be a problem. Everyone's opinion would be heard by all of the panelists and be either objected to or agreed with.

Azen and Chillin are best friends and they're both on the same panel to decide for the entire US. But since there are other panelists, there opinions matter only as a whole. Basically what i'm trying to say is, the panelists will all have to come to a general agreement for something to matter anyway so 2 dudes from the same crew wouldn't matter.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Just got my computer working again, so I'm back on the boards after a 1 day or so departure...

I'm flattered for all your nominatons guys. :) Just so you know, I've probobly played the most people around Arkansas, and have a pretty good knowledge of who's out there.

My Vote:
AR - Zane and Chamberlin
MS - Chad and MookieRah
TN - Nite and IHSB
AL - Moogle and Thief

Sidenote: for those of you who have a PS2, go out and buy FF12 'cause it's freaking awesome.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
You make me sad chamberlain :( I want that game sooo bad :( :(

grats Mookie, btw. Now you'll have to post more. :p

Anyway, the problem with 2 persons from the same crew is not that it's the fact that other crews aren't represented in the panelists, just that it would seem unbalanced. I've refrained from touching on this subject cause I don't really care and I've definitely made too many enemies from other crews, but in all probable fairness (and not to nominate myself) I'd probably have to swing the vote for IHSB, if anyone, from an outside crew.

edit - sorry if that didn't make sense, it's 5 am and i'm rushing through homework >_>

Handorin

Smash Hero
If we are trying to get seperate crew representation, we would have to DML with IHSB on the panel. That was also my vote until I realized that.

Sandbox

Smash Cadet
As of right now, i have no idea who i would vote for... As for FF XII, you guys should play that game asap.

lvl9- Want to make our wrestling match a money match?

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
But if you were saying that you don't want two people from the same crew on the panel then you can't vote for both Chad and IHSB. They are both from DML. Even if they are repping a different state they are still the same crew.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Also, with me having been out for a month, and considering that I'll be back in Fayetteville (complete other side of Arkansas from Memphis) by January all the way until May, I think Lance or another Run7 member, or just a different Memphis person would be a better choice.

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
i am going to swing my vote for kyo. it seems like bloodline was mentioned a few pages back then forgotten again.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Is there any one representing this area in MLG tournaments? Off subject I know but just a random thought that went through my head. SpaceBalls are you going to be in f-ville fall 07? I was planning on transfering next sem. but I going to finish here first.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Is there any one representing this area in MLG tournaments? Off subject I know but just a random thought that went through my head. SpaceBalls are you going to be in f-ville fall 07? I was planning on transfering next sem. but I going to finish here first.
Yeah, I was there all last year, took this semester off, then I'll be back this January until I finish my undergrad stuff.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Off topic to all Run7:
Come one come all. Get the new banner. Its better, its prettier, and it has Deeber.

IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/CO_Brad/NBConstruction09cog.jpg[/IMG]

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I don't want Kyo in any position of voting. That's not to say he is a bad player or anything, but I am gonna flat out say his opinion will be pretty warped.

Nite

Smash Champion
Well, on a side note. Everyone who wanted to see results for the last biweekly are on the first page of the biweekly results thread.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I *think* I am now somewhat caught up on what's going on. I like how I become a mod when I'm the busiest I've been in a while with preparing for the Portfolio Review, normal college work, Japanese class, and a whole whole lot of drama. I'll do my best though.

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
I don't want Kyo in any position of voting. That's not to say he is a bad player or anything, but I am gonna flat out say his opinion will be pretty warped.
maybe you are thinking iori he is the primary lotus guy. how will kyo's opinion be warped? I think it would be a good idea to at least consider a person from bloodline as a pannel member.

Nite

Smash Champion
No offense to the Bloodline, but like I said before, we never hear from them on the boards. So if we ever had to discuss opinions and such about the list, then it would be hard to get in touch with them. I wouldn't think of many of them as reasonable panelists either. Ichigo would probably be the most rational in the group, but he is rarely seen around here as well.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Good stuff guys, I gotta bounce out to work, but i've got a few things I want to post.

If I can't sneak my way around the firewall, I'll catch someone on aim to post my thoughts. I want to get rules concrete before the biweekly so we can use that (among other things) as our first debate on ranks.

superdeeber028

Smash Cadet
I think Lance and Nite from TN. (and i'm not saying that just because we are in the same crew. )
Moogle and thief from AL.
Zane and Chamberland from AR.
Chad and MookieRah(of course..)from MS.
these guys probably have a better general knowledge of the overall skill level in this area than most... Don't let me down boys...

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Man. Seems like this power ranking thing is really being thought about. I dont care much for it, but if there is one, I hope I can do good at the next tournaments to float around the top somewhere. ^___^ Good thing this passed biweekly wont count. Man did I suck it up or what? hahaha

And the banner rocks hard!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom