• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Next: Mar 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nite

Smash Champion
Is Zane going to lay down the laws for the rankings? I don't have a problem with that.

It looks like he is going to have to be the one who posts the rankings anyway because he is the only major tournament director for the area. And that is one of the requirements that Omnigamer stated. This should be fun. Hopefully we'll see what happens soon.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
haha @ V for Vendetta speech. If I wasn't lazy I'd write the rest of it. But I am.

As for not having IHSB on the panel, oh yeah... Chad's from MS... nuts... I swing my vote for no one then.

Bloodline cannot be on the panel cause though some of them might be good... I don't trust their judgement.

Plus, Ichigo got owned in a Marth v Ganon debate versus Husband...

superdeeber028

Smash Cadet
yea. i agree. some of the bloodline might be good but imagine how many of there 74 members would make the power rankings if they got on the panels!?! good smashers but not to great in the whole "judgement" department. cool dudes none-the-less.

Corpathium

Smash Rookie
Wow. It's been a while...

Anyways. The only reason that The Bloodlines are never seen on the boards, is simple. I personally only check the site for tourney info. Kyo doesn't have a computer, Ichigo is hooked on WoW, and Cow...just doesn't care. Dunno if Iori has a computer or not. Other than that, I have no idea what this whole Panel thing is about. Somone mind filling me in?

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
everyone is trying to come up with a power ranking system for the players in the AR, TN, MS, AL area's. so far it will be top 20 with a pannel of 2 people from each state on the pannel.

I think the pannel is looking like

Chamberlin & Zane AR
Nite & Lance TN
Chad & Mookierah MS
Moogle & Thief AL

Who are you again?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Who is Samus in the Run7 sig? I don't know who plays Samus in Run7, but you might wanna change him out for Deeber so you can have 7 people. Just a thought...
Lord Byron (spelling?). he cant come to tournaments often due to work.

AzurePhoenix

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone I'm new here. I was directed to this site by Lance and recommended to start entering tournaments to increase my skill level and experience. So is the next bi-weekly this Saturday? I'm gonna start coming to them as often as I can.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Hand-Good call! Your memory is sharp as ever. Lord Byron is great, but alas, Target keeps him as a slave ><

Azure- Good ta meet ya! The Saturday of this week is a biweekly, yes.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Mid-South Power Rankings (AL, AR, MS, TN)

The System:

The Mid-South power ranking thread is created not to envoke rivalries and bitter personal attacks. The purpose of the power ranking thread and the goal of the voting members is to provide the players of the region and anyone interested in such a means to generally compare the skill of players. It is not meant to say that person 4 beats person 6 every time, yet to simply state that on a consistent basis, these players outrank others in tournaments or respected matches (i.e. money matches or rivalry matches).

The Panel - The panel is currently comprised of 2 members in the 4 states that are involved in this thread. Chamberlin and myself will represent Arkansas, MookieRah and Chad will represent Mississippi, Nite and XXXXX will be in charge of Tennessee, and Thief and Moogle are handling Alabama. This is not to say, that the ranking is done on a regional basis, and that each of us gives votes as such. The process simply makes it more reasonable to keep up with how players are doing in individual matches between each other, outside of the major tournament scene.

The List- the list is a current and starting point for the power rankings thread. Because this is the first time (and we may keep this even later) we have decided that a "potentials" list is also neccessary. This isn't to say these are the only good people in the region, but that the people in the "potentials" category are very close to making it to the actual top 20 list. Meaning that they may be reconsidered when the next ranking update comes to pass. This means, that in the time between each convention, if this person beats others on the list, or others simply fall out of tournament placement, it is likely they will be moved up. The panelist list is currently in alphabetical order, as to not hold bias from one region or group of friends to another.

(The afore mentioned paragraphs have been borrowed from GAWes and his awesome writing skills of doom - taken from the GA power rankings thread. Woot!)

How decisions are made:
During a meeting with the panelists, each person will draw up a list of people from 1 - 20, with each person getting points based on their rank (20 for 1st, 19 for 2nd, 18 for 3rd... 2 for 19th, 1 for 20th). Any ties will be discussed among all the panelists to see where rank is set (and possibly even still tied). As mentioned earlier, if an individual falls out of the tournament scene, or consistantly is not performing up to previous attempts, the individual is likely to fall (and vise versa for rise) in ranks.

As discussion has proved, there is no flawless way to create a perfect ranking system, but I feel this is the best way to get the best of both worlds. Each panelist gets their chance to cast their views in their own ballot system, and also discuss if he (or I guess maybe she) has anything to add that other panelists may or may not know about.

(This is open to discussion, I think, but unless anyone has any major things to point out, this is how things will be posted)

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Voting and stuff lasts until I wake up tomorrow. When I'm awake and coherant, I'm going to get the approval from our dictat... er, MookieRah to get the power rank thread approved. :):):):):):):):)

Then discussion among the selected panelists will bein for the first poll.

After that, the thread will be made and first rank will be held.

I'm thinking that the updates will happen biweekly or every other biweekly... suggestions on this let me know

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ya... those people are basically pretty good, but not good enough yet.

I dont remember who I voted for TN, but after more thought I have come up with new votes:
Zero and KOKingpin

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
The banners does rock, but seems a bit blurry.
Are you joking? That banner is clearer then yours(no offense). If you compare this banner with our old one the difference is amazing. There are no more fuzzy white lines around the people where I poorly put them together. Only reason it is even remotely fuzzy is due to the need to resize it so it would fit. You can see it in its original glory here.

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b...struction09copy.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch2

chamberlin said:
Who is Samus in the Run7 sig? I don't know who plays Samus in Run7, but you might wanna change him out for Deeber so you can have 7 people. Just a thought...
Handorin was right that is Lord Byron. He is me and SmashterLink's bro. And just because we are the Run7 doesn't mean we can't have 8 people. Our crew it built on friendship not on how many would fit for the name to work. In fact we were also referred to as the Smash Syndicate way back when so its all cool. I know its weird but there have been odder things in the world. Like jackalopes.

Lance-That was my rep to you. It wouldnt take the whole quote.

Corpathium

Smash Rookie
Nice to meet you, Azure. Hope we can have a friendly at the Bi.

To everyone else that doesn't already know, I am Sin. (The guy wearing the sand ninja headband last time) So yeah. The ranking system seems to be pretty solid.

AzurePhoenix

Smash Cadet
Thanks. I just hope I can convince my parents to let me go since I have church later that morning, but yeah hopefully I'll be there. I main Luigi and 2nd Marth btw.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Bah, more people who are at least 20 minutes away from me in one of the 4 cardinal directions >_<. Deeber if you even read this thread very often, come and play at my house sometime, you're like 2 minutes away from me by car!

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention RAM when he comes up from the depths known as "Florida."
(as far as Luigi dittos are concerned)

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Welcome aboard Azure, hope you can come to the bi-weekly. Lvl9 mains Luigi so it should be fun watching you 2 duke it out to see who is top Luigi :laugh: The new Run7 sig is ownage.

I'll be bringing a setup this time, there is more people from Arkansas coming as well.

Zane - We gotta have some friendlies man, we haven't had any 1v1's in awhile.

IHSB - I live 2 hours away from the closest person I could play smash with. :( We need to have some more friendlies as well, gotta get my Samus training on :)

Oh yeah, bring your quarters...cause it's gonna be FFA-tastic this time!

Post #200!

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
@That one Guy... you know, the one with the Saber? Yeah him - We haven't done one in awhile, so $5 2/3 MM this Saturday, in addition to friendlies?

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
IHSB - Yeah I can prolly scrounge up 5$ to MM ya before the weekend.

In fact, anyone else want some 5$ MM's with me? Myztek? Nite? Anyone? I got a couple of checks I could cash for some moo-lah, so I am accepting any 5$ Money matches for this Bi-weekly. (Preferably after doubles, so I can have some time to warm up a bit.)

I need some OJ gloves like Nite. :(

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
As for panelists, I'm going back and forth. I still say KO should be on the list because he knows a lot more of the middle/east tn guys than any of us probably. I know he doesn't know many of us (as in how our playing styles are and stuff) lately, but on the flip side, many/most of us don't know that side of the country either. It would be good to get some diversity

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
As for panelists, I'm going back and forth. I still say KO should be on the list because he knows a lot more of the middle/east tn guys than any of us probably. I know he doesn't know many of us (as in how our playing styles are and stuff) lately, but on the flip side, many/most of us don't know that side of the country either. It would be good to get some diversity
True, but can we even talk about those two groups of players (INNsomniacs and EastTennesseeans) in relation to each other when so few have ever actually played? I mean, if KO and KOmpany come to a bw or INN5, then we can consider them, but otherwise it's an even more isolated group than us, so we can't really place them.

Thief

Smash Journeyman
I *think* I am now somewhat caught up on what's going on. I like how I become a mod when I'm the busiest I've been in a while with preparing for the Portfolio Review, normal college work, Japanese class, and a whole whole lot of drama. I'll do my best though.
Sounds like someone needs to escape to a paradise named Tuscaloosa...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom