• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Insomniac" NYC's first Brawl+ crew!!! ~OFFICIAL crew thread~

R00R

Smash Journeyman
Im from the Norcal smash commuinty

I just moved here for school'

I play melee
and some brawl+ on the side

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Yoshi for bottom tier. Even in plus.

More peeps to train and play with is always great. Hope to play you soon, R00R.

I wouldn't be able to make this week even if you threw one, Silven. I'm working every day til' monday. Sad face.

Guess next week Insomniac shenanigans can resume.

(Side note: Khanti needs a crew siggg. And Black is whack for not wanting one.)

D1

Banned via Administration
I love you guys and I love Sheik.

I realized Sheik doesn't suck.

I'm just gonna have to take a page from the book of RyokoYaksa's Brawl Shiek.

^_^.

Can't wait till the next training session guys.

GUnicon too GOOD!

Glick

Smash Lord
I will look into scheduling one next week.

Tell me when you guys are free.

And sorry skip I keep ignoring you by accident.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
***** u owe me mad answers. don't make the smashfest tuesday. oh wait, my controller broke so I can't go any way. lol.

edit: the l+r buttons are broken. if anyone has a screw driver and wants to help me out thanks maybe I can somehow find out what's wrong. I could just use y to block if there's no way of making it work.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I'm free Monday and Tuesday next week. I miss Noodles.

Silven should have that screwdriver you need to open your controller, Skip.

@ D1: <3

Keep that Sheik sharp, bro!

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Starting Monday my life is going back to super hectic have no free time school all dai work all night BS so Smashfests will be EXTREMELY rare. I will be able to go to tournaments and stuff if I request the day off but days like Friday, Sunday and Monday are very questionable. I'd say the best day is Sunday but I don't know yet.

Glick

Smash Lord
Sunday won't work out for me.

Monday is good with me but silven's all like >:CDSFASDFASD***SFG

D1 your sheik is the best i've played so keep at it unless you want to try out some other characters.

I think you'd play a character that can punish well because you seem to be **** at spacing and predicting.

Like BOWZAH

Bowser is so good. :bowser:

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Glick, that's because there are these institutions where people go to learn things for the future that are usually open on Mondays and I happen to attend one of them. Nobody's stopping you from having a fest Monday....I just said most likely I won't be able to attend due to the aforementioned. If everyone else can attend a Monday fest then why not have it?

Glick

Smash Lord
I have NO idea how you changed that into something negative lol.

I was obviously making a joke/expressing that it sucked that you can't come if I did have it.

I wasn't like blaming you for anything. I rather have a smashfest where everyone can come. just trying to find common ground.

Monday isn't good for me anyways. so guru find out when your off, silven tell me when your off, same goes for khanti,black,shin, d1 and skip.

And NLdoesn't visit the thread but i'll ask him too.

Tuesday is perfect for me but I can do any day for the rest of the week besides thursday.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
tuesday is bad bad bad. any day but tuesday
and maybe thursday friday saturday n sunday. labor day weekend :D but id ditch one day
just definitely no tuesday

Cia

das kwl
yo, i don't know who to play in B+

glick, tell me who to use.. lol

don't say bowser..

even tho i sorta use him now lolz

Shin - you should've gone to that smashfest i went to. i'll try to go to another one some time in the future. i'll let you know :)

Glick

Smash Lord
Jeez. No skip? How could we possibly have a smashfest without him.
Monday might work actually. My plans fell through for monday, so i'll just move it over to monday.

MONDAY SMASHFEST

Guru, Skip, ???

VANZ YOU MUST COME ON MONDAY.
VANZ YOU SHOULD TRY OUT JIGGZ.

I think D1 would have a **** jiggz.

D1 you should also come monday.
Shin you too.
And khanti.

let me know. I'm going away till sunday night so I won't see anything most likely unless I use a computer somewhere. So please post in here if you can come and if not when would be good for you.

Tony T

Smash Ace
Well I have a temp job at the bookstore at college so my schedule for the next few weeks will be crazy but once my temp job is over I'm free Mon and Tues and maybe wed after 2pm and thurs after 12:30 pm but Fridays are out of the question for me because I have class at 8:30am-1:30pm and class at 6pm-8:30pm so maybe next month I can show up to the Smashfests wherever they will be either at silvens or Gurus place does not matter.

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Hey guys so I'm back at rutgers meaning i can actually go to stuff now. If I happen to be able to go to one of your smashfests is there parking and shiz

Glick

Smash Lord
SMASHFEST CANCELED.
LOL. my mom was just like lol no you can't have a smashfest anymore.

She's way tired from this insane weekend and she said she rather just rest instead of worrying about having everybody in the house. so it's been postponed to another day in the week. which is gay, but necessary. Because I NEED SOME SMASHFEST.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Hey guys so I'm back at rutgers meaning i can actually go to stuff now. If I happen to be able to go to one of your smashfests is there parking and shiz
There's usually parking spaces in most residential areas in NYC...unless it's Manhattan

And Guru/Glick , you failzorz because your perception of my post is way off. I guess I can't be witty and sarcastic anymore online... :psycho: <---see how I added that smiley in so it helps with the intent this time...? I'll start using them more to help you out k? :)

Anyway I'm considering going to Hackfest....just gotta see how money works out come September. Biggest problem is going to tournies, allocating money for a certain amount and then you look at your purchases and you see that you spent twice as much as you were supposed to spend. *_*. I can't be doing that anymore...

Also Khanti I still owe you 22 bucks. See? Most people would never remind you because they're aye-holes

Id like to come to said smash fest
Best way to plan is via AIM. Whenever you see that we're having a smashfest you should just IM whoever is hosting so that way you can get the word immediately instead of posting and waiting for a response(unless of course you like that sorta thing). I can't see myself having many smashfests due to my ******** schedule but if I do I will definitely let you know.

edit- Guru I updated the placings in the first post so now people can see your second place at SNES.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
My plans for thursday went capooey, so I'm free that day, if anyone was thinking of organizing something. I miss Noodles.

Silven, those smileys aren't fooling anyone.

if i has enough mooney ill come along
I'm fairly confident that if our crew can form at least two teams for this, both teams would place within top 3, so consider it an investment (doubles is 10 ducks this time, not 5 like how it was at BtL).

We can also easily snatch top placings in singles.

YAY YES!

You must come through to one of our fests. We'll be sure to throw you the invite at our next one. And yeah, there's plenty of parking available in Brooklyn (especially by Glick's area).

I suck @ smash so I quit.
Lies and scandals.

EDIT: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247313

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Seems like Brawl+ is getting more attention..but then again it's a huge hybrid so most likely it will be similar to Game Unicon which was somewhat of a letdown.

I think Hackfest is my best bet...if I'm gonna go to any tourney within such a small timeframe it'll probably be that. I don't wanna travel out of state again if there's 100+ people in everything else and like 20 people in Brawl+

And Khanti get at your Paypal account. I probably won't be having a fest for a good while so I doubt I'll be able to give you in person anytime soon unless you're willing to wait..

edit- And OH look! The Brawl+ is on a Friday again..the day where the least amount of attendance is expected.....sounds like it's gonna be pretty epic *_* If only it were Saturday..but of course that's reserved for SF4 and Brawl. Ah well....I still might go though just because it's in New Jersey which is like a few bucks via public transportation.

Also, finally full results...I'll update the front page with them later...for now look at how we thought there were 20 entrants but there were really 25...get at the confusion.

You guys are idiots

They put $2000 in Brawl singles and Melee singles

the pots are much larger then they would have been if they had simply used 100% of the pot

they lost money on this, because they started the pots at $2000

the pots were HUGE for the size of the singles tourneys

I'll admit, im annoyed by reading that people are upset about the 25t% being taken out
I guess it sucks for teams, but all this info was posted on their website prior to the event

Edit: B+ results inc, they may or may not be accurate, i asked alex strife who finished them but he seemed unsure (last few rounds were done on paper)

If they are incorrect, let me know so I can fix them, thanks

1: Ally
2: Guru Kid
3: Ksizzle
4: NinjaLink
5: Snakeee
5: Blackanese
7: Anther
7: Doom
9: M2K
9: Glick
9: Orion
9: TeeVee
13: Naucitos
13: Khanti
13: Dazwa
13: Silven
17: FPhreek3
17: NE Ace
17: Solid Jake
17: D1
17: Orca
17: Chibosempai
17: Andumbrodeus
17: PGN
25: Lawrence Vance
25: Bulblax
25: Noelle Airo
25: Unzorn
25: AKC12

LMAO D1 got 17th.

Everyone laugh at him!! LMAO !!!!! ^_~ JP

But yeah in all seriousness I failed too. Ah well.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I'm fairly confident that if our crew can form at least two teams for this, both teams would place within top 3, so consider it an investment (doubles is 10 ducks this time, not 5 like how it was at BtL).

We can also easily snatch top placings in singles.
I would say crew battle, but as of now, it only looks like me and Phillyrider are going.

But, I like your confidence. It's gonna make my victory so much sweeter.

*cue maniacal laughter*

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I would say crew battle, but as of now, it only looks like me and Phillyrider are going.

But, I like your confidence. It's gonna make my victory so much sweeter.

*cue maniacal laughter*
Sonskies. Your font color is lamesauce and hard to read. Lighter purple perhaps? And yeah with the right production values, a crew battle vid with replays and commentary would be pretty epic someday....Also what exactly happened with Game Unicon? You realize you guys could have bought the passes and stuff at the venue right? :confused:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think Hackfest is my best bet...if I'm gonna go to any tourney within such a small timeframe it'll probably be that.
Good **** :bigthumbu

Brawl+ at Pound 4 will be on Saturday btw. Or maybe Saturday and Sunday if there's enough interest. We will have our own corner of TVs.

Glick

Smash Lord
That's my favorite color silven >:C

Also:

SMASHFEST THURSDAY!

LETS PACK MY HOUSE TO THE BRIM.
lol but really. I want this to be pretty big. Summers over. I don't want like 3 people showin up. it'll be mad fail.

B+/Melee and blazblue if someone has the 360 version of the game/brings their whole PS3 LOL
I'd like to learn that game it seems mad fun.

YAY I PLACED AS WELL AS M2K.
(M2k fails at b+)

And D1 had a gay bracket. He had to vs me in losers, and we trained like the day before. Not really that fair. Even though D1 is probably way better then me. :p

Bawlz!

Top Bottom