• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Insomniac" NYC's first Brawl+ crew!!! ~OFFICIAL crew thread~

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
No one seems to like my Dedede Purple.....oh well.

Our plan was to catch the NY Smash Bus to the venue. We were told that we had to have purchased our tickets online to get onto the bus. Me nor Phillyrider had much cash at the time. Also, in order to have gotten to the bus on time, we would've had to catch a bus from here to NY at about 2:40 in the morning. Add onto that, we started planning way too late to actually accomplish anything. Trust me, we all wanted to go there badly, but my main reason for going was the Guitar Hero tournaments. Either way, we all failed. However, Hackfest we're actually planning out.....I'm actually planning out.

And, about the crew battle, I posted in the ToS thread with the idea of creating a B+ crew. I was ignored for the most part; no one actually addressed the question.

Glick

Smash Lord

SMASHFEST THURSDAY!

LETS PACK MY HOUSE TO THE BRIM.
lol but really. I want this to be pretty big. Summers over. I don't want like 3 people showin up. it'll be mad fail.

B+/Melee and blazblue if someone has the 360 version of the game/brings their whole PS3 LOL
I'd like to learn that game it seems mad fun.
REPOSTING CAUSE I GOT END OF PAGE SHENANIGANS.

Also: Someone bring a laptop so we can do live stream!

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
No one seems to like my Dedede Purple.....oh well.

Our plan was to catch the NY Smash Bus to the venue. We were told that we had to have purchased our tickets online to get onto the bus. Me nor Phillyrider had much cash at the time. Also, in order to have gotten to the bus on time, we would've had to catch a bus from here to NY at about 2:40 in the morning. Add onto that, we started planning way too late to actually accomplish anything. Trust me, we all wanted to go there badly, but my main reason for going was the Guitar Hero tournaments. Either way, we all failed. However, Hackfest we're actually planning out.....I'm actually planning out.

And, about the crew battle, I posted in the ToS thread with the idea of creating a B+ crew. I was ignored for the most part; no one actually addressed the question.
Yeah that sucks. I last minute plan stuff all the time and it usually works out but I guess it's different with limited funds. Oh well, fortunately for you it wasn't as epic as we all thought...although some pretty epic things occurred that weekend :laugh: Trust me though, you didn't miss that much. It was a cool place to be ...just didn't truly feel like a con for some reason. And if it makes you feel any better, we missed the concerts due to the terrible scheduling they had going on there. Who holds concerts during major tournaments? Mad failcakes :ohwell:

GuruKid

Smash Ace
We absolutely must have a recorded ToS vs Insomniac crew battle sometime soon. That would be too good. With recorded commentary and everything.

Maybe... at LLHS? I'm with Silven on the suspicion that War at the Shore will have a lame turnout for the B+ tournament (friday tournaments are "meh")... I probably won't be going to that.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
Glick is your place easy to get to via subway from the bronx?

Im new to the area and dont know my way around really

Glick

Smash Lord
Me
Guru
Blackanese
Shin
Zro
Skip
Jtails
NL
Projo
Shadow link
R00R

Oh bawlz. Maybe someone should bring another TV >.>

R00R i'll send you my address.

Glick

Smash Lord
Me
Guru
Blackanese
Shin
Zro
Skip
Jtails
NL
Projo
Shadow link
R00R
Arracar
D1
Silven

14 PEOPLE O_______O

God knows how i'm going to fit all those people in my house.
We need people to bring an extra TV or two. PLEASE.

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
Me
Guru
Blackanese
Shin
Zro
Skip
Jtails
NL
Projo
Shadow link
R00R
Arracar
D1
Silven

14 PEOPLE O_______O

God knows how i'm going to fit all those people in my house.
We need people to bring an extra TV or two. PLEASE.
hmm... wow - itis is taking hold...

Glick

Smash Lord
Shin isn't itis short for ******itis?

yeah I starred that out myself lol. I wasn't sure if that word had anything to do with the N word so I just played it safe lmao.

and isn't that when you get tired after eating?

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
N itis is usually caught after a good meal. WoW - itis is me not wanting to move from my computer chair due to me being lazy... and playing WoW

Glick

Smash Lord
LOL OH

I thought you meant like Wow! I have the itis right now. Which is what I hear people usually say after they eat something and their tired afterwords.

MAD FAIL

R00R

Smash Journeyman
What time is this going down.

I have class for the next 7 hours.

gayyyyyyyy

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Glick's fests go all day (from around 4pm to about 2am or so), R00R. So you can come by whenever you can.

And Shin, get outta that WoW and come for Smash!

R00R

Smash Journeyman
So my family decided to take me out to dinner,
And I just got home and I'm tired as ****,
I don't think Ill be able to make it out.

Sorry I really did want to play all you guys too.

D1

Banned via Administration
Practically missed church due to work letting me out late, now I'm contemplating if I should forsake working out from 9-11pm for the fest.

Hmm...I can still play from midnight to 2am and be happy, but I probably woulda been happier coming earlier.

Hmmmmmmm...

*leaves*

Glick

Smash Lord
THAT SMASHFEST WAS AWESOME

MAD people came, we had a round robin, we had barbaque and noodles massaging.

I feel really bad for anybody that missed this one, even though MAD people came.

My house was PACKED.

D1 won the round robin tournament! congrats D1. I wonder what he's going to do with all that money he won!

And in celebration of this smashfest, lesbians kissing:

D1

Banned via Administration
I had a mega blast, and after this tourney I'm convinced to finally DL the latest version of B+ and actually try to learn the intracacies of this joint.

Sheik all the WAYYYY! And all the money matches going around were INTENSE! I just learned a new char! Maybe he'll be my next tourney ready char! ^_^

GuruKid

Smash Ace
So I was able to get the weekend of the 19th off from work, and I'm super happy to have found out I don't have Saturday classes.

Whoever wishes to go to Hackfest, let mii knows. I wanna get them bus tickets before they go up in price any further (those 10 dollar tickets I told some of you guys about just shot up to 15...).

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I'm not going but please do ride a pig for me. I think I might be done with smash for a while. Gotta catch up on school I cant multitask for shiiit.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Seems like it's a go for Silven, Black, Glick, D1, and myself for Hackfest. Offer is still open for other peeps to join us.

Info for you guys:

Tickets can be bought here: https://www.boltbus.com/default.aspx

We'll be departing from "New York 33rd and 7th (Service to DC & Baltimore)" and arriving at "Baltimore-Marc Penn Station (1610 St. Paul)"

We'll be taking the 7:15am bus on the 19th, and since the last bus on Saturday leaves at 7:15pm (tournament will still be happening), we will likely stay overnight and leave Sunday morning, taking the 8:15am bus back to NY. So yeah, bring a sleeping bag, I guess.

Bus to MD: 13 ducks
Bus back to NY: 15 ducks

We'll be taking the Baltimore Metro out there too, to get to Owings Mills. It's like 1.60 one-way though.

One sort of problem:
Since Melee was canceled, I'm not so sure about the turnout for Hackfest now. If it's looking like it's gonna be less than 20 people, I likely won't go...

Top Bottom