• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant Ground Throw and Single Naner Lock (0 death combo with naner lock in PROVEN!)

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Theres alot of factors. When they are hit, when u fastfall, How long the stay tripped, how tall they are, how big they are.............its alot. Pikachu i kno its guaranteed because he gets ***** by bananas HARD!!!!........if u seen the video u'll know why.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Theres alot of factors. When they are hit, when u fastfall, How long the stay tripped, how tall they are, how big they are.............its alot. Pikachu i kno its guaranteed because he gets ***** by bananas HARD!!!!........if u seen the video u'll know why.
Yes and that =)^. How big they are has nothing to do with it though unless we are talking about how easy it is to do, I was talking about how easy it is to escape.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Yes and that =)^. How big they are has nothing to do with it though unless we are talking about how easy it is to do, I was talking about how easy it is to escape.
No I actually think shorter characters are harder, maybe its just both of us not getting used to the other group's DI.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
hey i have a potential setup going for this right now, not sure how well it works but im throwing it out there....

at low percents if you instant monkey flip kick close to your opponent it looks like (not sure) it leads to an inescapable footstool (jump before flip kick lands), while there in foot stool lag your in the perfect position to start up the single naner lock.. only problem is your a little high so they might be able to roll away if they know whats going on. But im trying to time a fastfalled uair catch or something to make it work.

so ya flipkick footstool = potential set up for single naner lock work wit it.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
U can actually set this up many ways. U see them airdodge. Throw a banana down the frame they land. They trip from a different banana....same. Diddy Hump to this.......i could go on but its pointless to do so. Be creative ppl.

ADHD

Smash Hero
U can actually set this up many ways. U see them airdodge. Throw a banana down the frame they land. They trip from a different banana....same. Diddy Hump to this.......i could go on but its pointless to do so. Be creative ppl.
So you actually think this is useful? I thought this AT was just a fad that everyone would forget about next week.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
So you actually think this is useful? I thought this AT was just a fad that everyone would forget about next week.
Trust me. I have well thought of this a LOOOOONG time ago just didnt bother with it being i was gettin by without it. Not taking ur credit being u shown everyone it. Its just not everyone is technical. Like waveshining in melee. U can see it. Its useful........but actually doin it.......not possible by everyone.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Guys... This is going to get banned. It's too good. >_>

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
i think u jump too hi wen footstool them, i may be wrong
i hate you too, lol :)
lol:laugh:
ya u go pretty high but at least your in the right position and if you time the throw/catch nicely its probably not inescapable but definitely plausible.

and wow its not going to get banned i hope that was bad internet sarcasm

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
It's blasphemy you don't main Diddy, all other characters are works of the devil, trying to taint your mind.
In all seriousness can u and everyone stop questioning who i main. Neo had the best roy period and no one questioned him when he mains marth and sheik and roy as a third.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
a good way to do that wuld probobly to put sick combos of your other chars as your sigs or w/e and change them up once and a while to show ppl u actually dont have a main

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I've been looking into other characters with the bananas, and it's really hard for me to discern what works and what doesn't. Yagami Light and I were doing some testing with this, and it seems like a lot of characters can do it.

The following characters have down aerials that work like Diddy Kong's:

Bowser, Diddy Kong, Link, Samus, Pit, Wolf, Ike, Ness

It's really easy with Wolf. I wasn't able to get Pit and Ike to work, but Light says he was able to get them (with difficulty). Bowser is really weird, but Light claims it was really easy with him.

As per the airdodge method like Sheik, I saw that Captain Falcon, Falco, Mr. Game & Watch, Mario, and Luigi at least (I didn't test the full cast) all catch the banana out of a short hop. Is that all that should theoretically be required?

We also suspect Peach can do this with her forward aerial, but it's hard to tell.

People have claimed things like Meta Knight being able to do it. How are you making it work at all with such fast aerials? If aerials as fast as Meta Knight's work, pretty much all bets are off and most of the cast should be able to do this.

I really can't tell what's actually forced; I'm really bad at this banana lock so far. It would be good to figure out which other characters can do it.

Also, the situation of being able to cross the enemy up for a true infinite is the other terrifying possibility, especially since there's no reason to suspect that all characters have uniform abilities to cross the enemy up with this...

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
ive gotten this lock down on some occasions. but sometimes the opponent seems to trip too far away. is there a way to prevent that?

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
ive gotten this lock down on some occasions. but sometimes the opponent seems to trip too far away. is there a way to prevent that?
if they trip to far away the chances are your not SH'ing far enough otherwise you should be ables 2 keep up with them because as far as i no there is no variation in how far somone trips

ADHD

Smash Hero
Hylian or thien, I couldn't get the bair or uair to work, I'm not sure if it truly locks... Can you explain in detail or w/e how you do it? Just prove it that its a lock with those aerials, bc right now I don't think anyone understands how to do that.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Hylian or thien, I couldn't get the bair or uair to work, I'm not sure if it truly locks... Can you explain in detail or w/e how you do it? Just prove it that its a lock with those aerials, bc right now I don't think anyone understands how to do that.
I haven't actually tried B-air or U-air in a real match yet due to job constraints. Ask Hylian; he seems to have tested it a boatload.

EDIT: LOL, why does it matter? - Everyone knows that landing-canceled D-airs are the optimal choice anyway. Doing anything else is purely just for flash.

IDK

Smash Lord
we can still use it for setups, instead of infinites... the MK boards were just dumb with the I Don't Care. (Infinite Dimensional Cape)
O_O le_thien got into the brawl broom. and hylian, your name is no longer green. you must fixes this.
its not easier than alt grabs for IC IMO though... but you're hylian lol w/e. it only took me about about 4 days of half an hour a day to get the CGs. for this, i still can't get it yet.

Sharky

Smash Master
I've been looking into other characters with the bananas, and it's really hard for me to discern what works and what doesn't. Yagami Light and I were doing some testing with this, and it seems like a lot of characters can do it.

The following characters have down aerials that work like Diddy Kong's:

Bowser, Diddy Kong, Link, Samus, Pit, Wolf, Ike, Ness

It's really easy with Wolf. I wasn't able to get Pit and Ike to work, but Light says he was able to get them (with difficulty). Bowser is really weird, but Light claims it was really easy with him.

As per the airdodge method like Sheik, I saw that Captain Falcon, Falco, Mr. Game & Watch, Mario, and Luigi at least (I didn't test the full cast) all catch the banana out of a short hop. Is that all that should theoretically be required?

We also suspect Peach can do this with her forward aerial, but it's hard to tell.

People have claimed things like Meta Knight being able to do it. How are you making it work at all with such fast aerials? If aerials as fast as Meta Knight's work, pretty much all bets are off and most of the cast should be able to do this.

I really can't tell what's actually forced; I'm really bad at this banana lock so far. It would be good to figure out which other characters can do it.

Also, the situation of being able to cross the enemy up for a true infinite is the other terrifying possibility, especially since there's no reason to suspect that all characters have uniform abilities to cross the enemy up with this...
Yoshi can do it too. =D I'm working on a possible infinite.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I would suggest everyone who is trying to get this down pat practice on jiggz. She's so easy to keep her in a lock and she's incredibly easy to land the spike. Then it should help you with the rest.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
we can still use it for setups, instead of infinites... the MK boards were just dumb with the I Don't Care. (Infinite Dimensional Cape)
O_O le_thien got into the brawl broom. and hylian, your name is no longer green. you must fixes this.
its not easier than alt grabs for IC IMO though... but you're hylian lol w/e. it only took me about about 4 days of half an hour a day to get the CGs. for this, i still can't get it yet.
Hahaha it didn't even take me 5 minutes to get this down. IC grabs are so much harder. Different timing for every character and sooo many variations. I'm talking about alt grabbing of course.

Also, I got 2nd at a tournament today(I actually split 1st with Sethlon but we played out the set seriously and he won:) ) using Diddy/GW. Mostly diddy but I had to rely on GW vs Seth's falco because he kept beating my diddy :(. Anyways, I got the single nana lock off on 2 different people in tournament. I used dair. I did it to the edge (about 3-4 reps) then went past them and threw the nana backwards into a standard GT --> dash attack anything combo. It was pretty **** :). I did it to a GW and a Falco. I also pulled it off several times in friendlies. It's REALLY hard to set up though. I find it perfect for punishing spotdodges however. Even if you don't time it correctly, they are still going to slip on the nana when they come out of the spotdodge.

Oh, and I beat a GW on Rainbow Cruise with Diddy >_>. It was epic.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Hahaha it didn't even take me 5 minutes to get this down. IC grabs are so much harder. Different timing for every character and sooo many variations. I'm talking about alt grabbing of course.

Also, I got 2nd at a tournament today(I actually split 1st with Sethlon but we played out the set seriously and he won:) ) using Diddy/GW. Mostly diddy but I had to rely on GW vs Seth's falco because he kept beating my diddy :(. Anyways, I got the single nana lock off on 2 different people in tournament. I used dair. I did it to the edge (about 3-4 reps) then went past them and threw the nana backwards into a standard GT --> dash attack anything combo. It was pretty **** :). I did it to a GW and a Falco. I also pulled it off several times in friendlies. It's REALLY hard to set up though. I find it perfect for punishing spotdodges however. Even if you don't time it correctly, they are still going to slip on the nana when they come out of the spotdodge.

Oh, and I beat a GW on Rainbow Cruise with Diddy >_>. It was epic.
Both IC grabs and single nana is easy....it's just the nana lock is MUCH harder to set-up.

I wall infinited someone yesterday with it for about 50% damage, but none of us were trying, basically both of us choosing characters with wall infinites and going to Corneria and spam it the whole game...but still was cool

Top Bottom