• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant Ground Throw and Single Naner Lock (0 death combo with naner lock in PROVEN!)

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
good thing everyone reads my posts
Here's something cool, if they spotdodge a lot go for it, they spotdodge, slip on the banana, you pick the banana up immediately and start.
a couple of pages ago haha
eh lol w/e hylian ^_^

still, this almost works as an infinite, since you can techchase rolls and if they roll behind you, take them to the other edge of the stage, if they roll to the edge, try the spike set up, if they get up normally/with attack just shield->glidetoss-> anything :D

aka
techchase = best

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Good thing people read other posts

Yes, Sheik can with some good timing with airdodge. Most characters won't be able to due to lack of fast catching move/lack of the right height of shorthop and floatiness

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Umm, I don't think this has been discovered yet, but it combines a couple of diddy's techs. Lemme explain.
You go about the single nanner lock, but instead of throwing at peak of jump, you throw as soon as you jump, then instead of catching with Dair, you airdodge to catch it. Now we all know you can throw out of airdodge, so downthrow to hit your opponent yet again. Its faster, more efficient way of nanner locking, tell me what you think.

Oh, and I'll have vid up soon.

Edit: Im having trouble chaining this...

TreK

Is "that guy"
Yeah hum... Maybe because you can't toss the banana three times in a short hop...unless you're metaknight
Nah the best way is the dair Unless you're metaknight
lol unless you're ROB

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
pretty cool, two naner dthrows in a shorthop... if you could catch it before you land again it would be beast ha

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I found a decent use for this. Ya know how Metakinght needs really specific spacing to be spiked after the d-throw, well I did a double down throw to bair stagespike, now talk about sexyy.

I'm pissed I wasn't recording.
I'll try to replicate.

Meh, haven't done it again, I'm experimenting with different timings and such.

Edit: Ehh, I'm still trying to figure out the spacing of it. I've gotten it down all but the bair at the end. I'll explain how it works, First throw puts them off the stage, second throw hits them while they're off the stage but before they grab the ledge. Then if you're real tricky you can throw a bair to stagespike them, Trust me, Its hard as ****. Its less resky to go for a nair or fair, but i think dair is too slow cause when they're off stage, they don't trip.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I've known about that double throw thing but I only ended it with a grab. The bair would be sexy.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Oh alright, I'm really having trouble with the bair. You need really good timing with the throws, you kinda need to throw the first one late so your second throw is faster because you'll be closer to the other player when you throw it. But whenever I do it right, I forget to bair. UGhh

EDIT: I got it down pretty consitently now, but the bair isn't stage spiking. I'll have to try this on a human that DI's normally.

Luigi player

Smash Master
The instant ground throw is nice because you can throw the banana in any direction.

This is also really nice to use in mid-air. Throw a naner up and catch it with L/R and throw it with the cstick (or A+direction). So you could surprise your opponent by throwing a banana down faster or throw it back up or something.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, I just did double nanner downthrow to footstool. That means I can do Double nanner d-throw to footstool to Rocket Spike!!

I'll try and record it.

Its being uploaded right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJFmh69JVu8

And please watch in High quality

The footstool to barrel spike can be used even during single throw chains as the footstool prevents the tripping one from grabbing the ledge.
Again, I'll make another video for that too lol

Here's the Single lock to barrel spike:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uGpiOoUsWg

ADHD

Smash Hero
Oh wow, I just did double nanner downthrow to footstool. That means I can do Double nanner d-throw to footstool to Rocket Spike!!

I'll try and record it.

Its being uploaded right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJFmh69JVu8

And please watch in High quality

The footstool to barrel spike can be used even during single throw chains as the footstool prevents the tripping one from grabbing the ledge.
Again, I'll make another video for that too lol

Here's the Single lock to barrel spike:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uGpiOoUsWg

That first vid may actually entirely allow a spike to end it EVERY time, i have to test this. Thanks for the inspiration.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Even the second video, cause the spacing is pretty lenient in this. I've even footstooled MK while he was on the GROUND, but he had continued momentum from the trip so by the time the footstool was over, we were over the edge.

It was like this vvv but not so extreme and I didn't footstool him as he was getting up like the mario vid below. I footstooled as he tripped.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjwEqxTeqAU

Shurk

Smash Cadet
The instant ground throw is nice because you can throw the banana in any direction.

This is also really nice to use in mid-air. Throw a naner up and catch it with L/R and throw it with the cstick (or A+direction). So you could surprise your opponent by throwing a banana down faster or throw it back up or something.
Wasn't there a post awhile back with someone doing something similar to this?
(Not the instant ground throw but throwing the banana directly after catching in the air)
I remember because I had tried to use that a couple months ago to do type of self made Naner Lock on taller characters(bowser, Ganon), ie: Throw the Banana, SH and Instant Grab/Throw(forward), fast fall, SH, Catch and repeat. I apologize if there was a previous thread on this. Oh, just to make clear. I'm not trying to say anything about the "Instant Ground Throw", but perhaps you can use a "Instant Air(?) Throw" and Banana Lock taller characters. I remember hearing Player -1 say the Groundthrow Naner Lock was harder on the larger characters due to timing issues.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Chrome, feel free to put my videos up on the first page.
Cause I don't think they need their own thread, but its still pretty good stuff.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Nah say falco dash attacks your shield, just SH with X or Y and then start it off. It may be good to first practice SH aerials out of a shield.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think it's a good counter vs moves that move forward through your shield; but not like moves like Marth's fsmash shielded.

So it's possibly decent vs snakedash? that's good to know.

did some testing. cool results

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
None of these videos appear to be working. can someone please put one up about finishing with the spikes. I cannot for the life of me figure it out. On a side note im in training mode with wolf, and had the wolf on walk, and he just spent all of 5 minutes tripping over the same banana back and forth.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I deleted my YouTube account. I'll try to put up another video by the end of Christmas break. It's pretty tricky to explain so I'll just post a video.
My spikes involve a double down throw so practice that while i work on the vid. You gotta shorthop>downthrow>air dodge to catch nanner but immediately downthrow again before the airdodge can be caries out then for the spike you need to immediately footstool jump and up-b spike.
It's very tricky but verry sexy

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Crap, have been inactive for about a year so the thread was in my user cp as new and was bored at a hotel so I posted. My apologies, I'll stop.

Top Bottom