• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Mhm. And yes the themes play every turn, its pretty sweet lol.
well u should hook me up with the english patch and iso/patched iso so i can have it archived. i havent really touched my ps2 since startin out SMT persona 3 fes and beatmania iidx dj trooper. i've neglected my ps2 for a long time since i need a beatmania contoller for my ps2. ;_;

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
well u should hook me up with the english patch and iso/patched iso so i can have it archived. i havent really touched my ps2 since startin out SMT persona 3 fes and beatmania iidx dj trooper. i've neglected my ps2 for a long time since i need a beatmania contoller for my ps2. ;_;
I can give you the link, but not publicly since I don't want no infractions. I'll PM it to you.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
alright i got the link and checked it out but too bad the seeder/leacher is way low. so i found a direct download for megaupload \(^o^)/. so i might as well use that one instead since im not gonna even play the game till later on, its always gonna be there for me, but thanx though

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Speaking of dragonball has anyone ever played battle stadium d.o.n.? It's a fun game for anyone who hasn't played it yet you should play it when I bring it to Joker's saturday. Also if you are interested in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom I can teach you guys some stuff about it or certain chars if you want.

Klaige from Shoryuken wants to have a Guilty Gear Accent Core Tourney saturday so you or bone should probably post on there and talk to them about that. Also Joker I found out that you can do snake's down tilt when holding a grenade as a regular item.
Yeah Kudou got me a copy but it's for the PS2 so only 2 players T.T
TvC I was playing it the other day since now that the game is coming out in the US maybe more ppl will play it d(^.^)b

As for GGAC. . . . . . . . . . we could have a tourney for it but the thing about it is that all this games(D.O.N,TvC,SF4,GGAC) are going to be run in one TV, the reason is cause by the sounds of it there's going to be a big turnout for Brawl and I need the TVs for it, however the good thing about fighters is that they don't take as much time so we could have all those in one TV >.0

Well I'm not very far into the game and probably won't finish it soon, but I use swapmagic and if you can play burned games on your PS2 I can burn you a copy and give it to you at Joker's this weekend.

A GG Tourney does sound fun, don't know if anyone else in the crew would be interested though.
Hey Blank you should get me a copy >.<
Also I'm up for the GG tourney but like a mention before just one TV T.T

Jordan can come Saturday.
So, it'll be Jordan, Cook, and James (ctx).

:( :( :(
So Saturday instead of Friday then o.0

Well this tourney seems like is going to be pretty big mostly for Brawl >.0
For one STL is coming then MO, Grinell is coming down again, DM, NE, then there's this group from University of Iowa ^.^

So get
HYPED

PortCity

Smash Ace
What is new around here? Seems like after next week, I will be ready to pass out beat downs...anyone want to sign up? Hint...I brought back up with me.... :)

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
just for referneces, who is all goin over to teh joker's house tomorrow/friday and such? just wanna kno who all gonna be there and or stayin over tomorrow/friday.

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
Sorry guys I won't be able to make it tomorrow on the account that my mom is saying no you can't go over there because you're going there saturday, and "it's a school night" and all that junk. If you guys really wanted to play me you could play me on semi-laggy WI-FI tomorrow or thursday with my partner, just ask for my Brawl code. If anything I could come over earlier saturday for some matches before the tourney or something idk.

@Mauser I have swap magic so yeah that'd be swet if you could do that for me, want anything in return?

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Good news all around. Who is this Iowa city group? Anyone we know?

Whats the word for Zash and Peeks, when are they comin up?

Glad to hear that cook, jordan, and ctx are all coming fo' sho.

JBM we are all gaming at Joker's on Friday night I believe we should just all play there, otherwise I might stop by too love.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
well i planned to stay at loves as far as housing goes cuz its cool to chill at loves, but i was planning on goin to jokers for games in brawl anyways.

are we doing brawl crews? i was considering stayin the night on saturday if brawl crews were to happen.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Plans for Crews usually dissipate because by the time the tourney is over people are bitches and leave.
I wont be back on Friday to play games with you guys unfortunately but I'm leaving really early Saturday morning so I should be there.
Also bring my sunglasses with you JBM.
:079:

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
What is new around here? Seems like after next week, I will be ready to pass out beat downs...anyone want to sign up? Hint...I brought back up with me.... :)
Oh $hit just got real 0.0

Good news all around. Who is this Iowa city group? Anyone we know?
No at least I don't think so since they saw my vids on Youtube found out I was an IA smasher PM me and now they are coming down this Saturday ^.^

well i planned to stay at loves as far as housing goes cuz its cool to chill at loves, but i was planning on goin to jokers for games in brawl anyways.

are we doing brawl crews? i was considering stayin the night on saturday if brawl crews were to happen.
Well there you go man cause if you want Brawl practice my place is the perfect place since there's going to be all this Brawlers around so yeah >.0

And yes we need to have a big Brawl Crew battle since all this ppl are coming plus it will help the montage >.<

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Sorry guys I won't be able to make it tomorrow on the account that my mom is saying no you can't go over there because you're going there saturday, and "it's a school night" and all that junk. If you guys really wanted to play me you could play me on semi-laggy WI-FI tomorrow or thursday with my partner, just ask for my Brawl code. If anything I could come over earlier saturday for some matches before the tourney or something idk.

@Mauser I have swap magic so yeah that'd be swet if you could do that for me, want anything in return?
Nah, nothin really, its no problem.

I still have finals after this weekend so I'ma totally study for those at Joker's on Friday.

Teh Future

Smash Master
So instead of mario this time its gonna be

Yoshi

(omg he has yellow dancing shoes :D)

mms all around for people of all characters.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Brawl Crews is just going to be a complete **** on if me and Smeesh arent there to rep Nebraska. Nobody else knows how to play the game.
If we even do crews the way in which it will be setup will be determined when we actually know who's there to participate. I'm not even sure that State-based crews would be possible based on the amount of people from each area.

:( :( :(
Not without me.
Too true.
:001:

Uli

Smash Champion
schism is apparently reading beck, i lost where i was so i kind of stopped reading it lol
anime was aight!

anyway get buck everyone!!

Tacoom

Smash Lord
so I just ran into a rhydon and shinny weezing in a dub battle just to have the weezing use explosion right off the bat.
It really bust my ballz since ill never run into one again until yonder
thought Id share :ohwell:

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
so I just ran into a rhydon and shinny weezing in a dub battle just to have the weezing use explosion right off the bat.
It really bust my ballz since ill never run into one again until yonder
thought Id share :ohwell:
I still remember my first shiny in silver, it was a Machop. this are my shiny

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
oh you guys are doing another montage like where you set the camera up at the one fixed point? lulz that's gonna be sweet if you do.

Mauser what school do you go to? I go to lincoln (yes high school)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I've met 3 shiny Abra, and I failed to catch them all because they're stupid and teleport away.

oh you guys are doing another montage like where you set the camera up at the one fixed point? lulz that's gonna be sweet if you do.

Mauser what school do you go to? I go to lincoln (yes high school)
Johnston High.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Shiny pokemon huh?

I've got a ton of shinies through wifi trades and Im pretty sure most of them are hacked

But on my own I've gotten these guys through chaining, SRing, or random encounter:

Tentacruel, Spinda (lost in a bad egg accident somehow), Aerodactyl, Sceptile (my best), Crobat, Charizard, Articuno, Venusaur, Blaziken, Sealeo, Blastoise, Groudon, Tyranitar (chain of 12), Pichu (chain of 1), Beldum (chain of ?? traded), Meowth (chain of 6)

in that order

Currently going for Zard number 2 and then Mewtwo
I also found a shiny poochyena at the beginning of Sapphire and couldnt catch it
I also chained a shiny pichu but cirumstances made me turn off the game after getting it.

yeah........

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Wait smeesh is for sure not making it too now? LAME!

JBM we always want crews but as the others have said people leave before it can happen. I think just about everyone is still staying on Saturday night so there should still be plenty of people for some massive crew battles.

Razor challenge future?

Uli

Smash Champion
smeesh is random, we will see if he comes or not
NE wont do crew battles without tyser and smeesh because we will get poooooped XD
we will do melee crews :3

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Well at this point we can do a NE/IA crew vs Missouri. Since Missouri has two different areas coming as well.

I want melee crews again as well. NE vs the world. I will take stocks this time :)

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Yeh I am. Kudou if you come can you bring your laptop and sd card reader? I have homebrew and backup loader on my wii now I just need the codes on my sd card.

Teh Future

Smash Master
we should do low tier razor challenge D:

Or just a regular one.

I guess everyone else is scared of loosing to a pink yoshi with yellow dancing shoes.

Edit: You should make razor challenge like one person crews, where you keep playing the same character until it gets eliminated. That would be so much more epic

Also STL will be there saturday night, not sure about the rest of MO

Cook

Smash Master
Well, I'm still coming Friday night. I got to play some over the weekend, but other than that I haven't played since Kahoka. And the practice I did get was against a girl, so it wasn't very GOOD practice. So I want lots of games on Friday! I'm guessing I'll get there around 9ish? If crews are gonna happen I'll probably stick around Saturday night, too. I dunno the best way to decide crews, maybe we should find a basketball court and shoot for teams.

Oh, and how many are people these Iowa City folk? This tournament better have a big tournout because I want some money!

Edit: Future, I wanna play your Yoshi! Out of the characters you play, Yoshi actually has the best matchup against Olimar. He may even have the advantage! Actually, maybe ROB has a better matchup than Yoshi, but Yoshi's is still pretty decent! Also, we should do Yoshi dittos!

Top Bottom