• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Nicole

Smash Champion
Future, I wouldn't talk up your Yoshi too much...it lost to MY SHEIK. Maybe we should call it YoshiT!!!! :rofl:

I'm good at jokes. And I'm jk-ing. Pink Yoshi, yellow shoes FTW.

Shad_Bad

Smash Rookie
Yo, I'm coming with Kamig to teh tourny on Sat. Wuzzup?
Also, this is my first tourny, any suggestions/hints/etc?

Shad_Bad

Smash Rookie
Can I apply pressure with head-on? And...should I apply it directly to the forehead? XD Anyway, thx, I'll try, I just get nervous easy at these types of things. Especially since I saw that my character is LOOOOOW tier T_T Kinda discouraging really...dunno if I wanna changes character cuz of it...

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
YOSH / Anyone who is interested. Peeks is in dire need of a ride. He is willing to pay gas money plus some if anyone could pick him up. He lives in Lake Park, Iowa. And he said he would help drive if needed. Call 712-330-8121 if you could. Yosh you are pretty close and he would pay for your gas and drive if you could get him. He is ready to go anytime you can go, so today, or Saturday whenever.

I would go and get him but I have a baseball game tomorrow that prevents me from doing so. Help out our smash brother in need!

End Razor public service announcement.

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
CaptainLove can you bring your ps3 stick and your Gamecube converter so we can have another stick for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom?

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
hey shad bad blank who is one of our best players, mains sonic. There is hope for that char yet.

this isn't a double post because my last post was a RPSA (razor public service announcement) I am leaving for Joker's in like 10 minutes. Get ready.

I can be up on Friday but not till like 10 and I will be there on Saturday till way late.

Future I except your razor crew challenge.

Shad_Bad

Smash Rookie
Sweet, I want to play him in a Sonic match ^_^ If I can't do crap with him in casuals then I'll prolly convert to Ganon-ism or maybe even Pika-groove. XD

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Joker, i need to apologize again, my i cant make it cause my friends car that i was going to use is needed by his father this weekend which sucks. Sorry dude. I really wanted to test my marth out too.

Everyone else, the offer that Razor originally said still stands. If anyone could come and get me tomorrow or early on sat i would pay for the gas and pay extra to you, like the tourny fee or something, and i would drive my share. So if anyone could do that i would greatly appreciate it and you would be my favy for the rest of forever. I live 4 hours north of des moines so i know how huge that is. Call me for details if ya can.

You can reach me at 712-330-8121.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Asc ice climbers board is convinced that they **** olimar, its so BS lol. Just because Lain is really good :(

also wtf shiek is higher tier than yoshi so that match doesnt count. tilts are ****ing ******** lol. Im like its ok ill just DI it, and then NOTHING happens and I eat 50%

Tacoom

Smash Lord
YOSH / Anyone who is interested. Peeks is in dire need of a ride. He is willing to pay gas money plus some if anyone could pick him up. He lives in Lake Park, Iowa. And he said he would help drive if needed. Call 712-330-8121 if you could. Yosh you are pretty close and he would pay for your gas and drive if you could get him. He is ready to go anytime you can go, so today, or Saturday whenever.

I would go and get him but I have a baseball game tomorrow that prevents me from doing so. Help out our smash brother in need!

End Razor public service announcement.
first off, im not coming to this. No plans on going whats so ever
secondly, Im living in omaha now. Just happen aboot a week ago.
Id rather spend my time in search of a job before I starve and go huntin cats

Cook

Smash Master
Asc ice climbers board is convinced that they **** olimar, its so BS lol. Just because Lain is really good :(

also wtf shiek is higher tier than yoshi so that match doesnt count. tilts are ****ing ******** lol. Im like its ok ill just DI it, and then NOTHING happens and I eat 50%
Wow, IC's boards are dumb. I don't know that Olimar ***** ICs but it's at LEAST 55:45 for him, maybe 60:40. Even I was doing pretty decent against Lain, though I guess he could have been sandbagging or whatever. I think I won one out of three friendlies against him?

Cook

Smash Master
No Zash OR Peeks??? Sadness swallows my heart... I was hoping that Zash had figured out how to Sheik's up-tilt IRL and was gonna bust it out at Joker's!

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
I realized today that even though Brawl has not a lot of tech skill, people arent very good at being technical still. It boggled my mind when I realized this fact. People just try to win even if they look like chumps doing it. Then I found out that this is the reason I dont like Brawl that much.

Joker is one of the only players from Iowa who I can watch and be like "This guy has pretty sweet technical skill in this game" That's how good you are to me BABY YOKAH! Your the shit but you dont need me to tell you :p

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Hey, what's up everyone? I'm part of the Iowa City pair coming over to test the central Iowa waters. I've been looking for a fairly consistent tournament scene in this sorry state forever and I'm grateful to Joker for hosting these.

My roommate and I are probably the two best players out of eastern Iowa (although we can't really know for sure, right?) We've placed high consistently in the tournaments around here. There might be another Iowa City guy coming too, but we are unacquainted as of now.

Yes, this is my first post on Smashboards. I'm a lurker in the true sense of the word. See you all Saturday.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I realized today that even though Brawl has not a lot of tech skill, people arent very good at being technical still. It boggled my mind when I realized this fact. People just try to win even if they look like chumps doing it. Then I found out that this is the reason I dont like Brawl that much.

Joker is one of the only players from Iowa who I can watch and be like "This guy has pretty sweet technical skill in this game" That's how good you are to me BABY YOKAH! Your the shit but you dont need me to tell you :p
Pfttttt, I'm the one who SD's trying to be flashy. Joker is just a CQC master with an infinite ammo headband.

vaderseven

Smash Apprentice
Oh cool I didnt know STL was gonna come still.

TRY TO GET ALAN (ZIGZAG) TO COME.

Im the other player from Iowa City btw. BLAKE IM me Ill answer this time!

BTW if a few people need a place to stay Im about 2 hours from the tourny and will be leaving at 9am tomorrow and I can offer a free place to stay and play.

I have a nice 42 inch lag free TV to smash on.

Shad_Bad

Smash Rookie
Oi, Joker, you have any plans for when singles and doubles gonna be? I'm planning on joining both just cuz. It's my first tourny and I wanna check all angles of the scene ^_^ (That's some nice cosplay btw...) I'm very modest but a fact is that I'm the best at Lincoln but I suuuuuck at Melee which was the old tournys there...Sfor and Yoon made me cry at that game XD But the last tourny we had was for Brawl and I won so I'm hoping I'll do (at least a little) good here too! Any famous smash players coming? I'm a noob so be nice yo.

§chizm

Smash Lord
That cosplay made me vomit in my mouth a little bit.
Unfortunately I haven't even finished the game yet so I won't have a team for pokemans.
I have to wake up at two in the morning to make my flight back to Des Moines so I'm going to be fairly devastated for the rest of the day. Pre-johns.

:044:

Cook

Smash Master
Oi, Joker, you have any plans for when singles and doubles gonna be? I'm planning on joining both just cuz. It's my first tourny and I wanna check all angles of the scene ^_^ (That's some nice cosplay btw...) I'm very modest but a fact is that I'm the best at Lincoln but I suuuuuck at Melee which was the old tournys there...Sfor and Yoon made me cry at that game XD But the last tourny we had was for Brawl and I won so I'm hoping I'll do (at least a little) good here too! Any famous smash players coming? I'm a noob so be nice yo.
There's this one pro Olimar player coming; he's probably the best in the midwest, and handsome to boot.

Top Bottom