• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

XenoStar

Smash Cadet
wow. its been awhile guys. ive graduated and now in college so i might have time to travel to play with you guys! i go to university of minnesota now. ive met a couple people that play up there but i dont think any of them are on smashboards.

Breezy

Smash Ace
Xeno, if you want to get into MN's smash scene I'd suggest signing up on MNsmash. It's basically our own little smashboards. Or you can always pm me on here.

:phone:

Soran

Smash Ace
I feel like I should bring a BBCS EX / EXVS setup if I go to a monthly.. when is the next fighting game one happenin'?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Thanks to those who came to my first fighting game tourney even though it was a bit small but if I where to add Kevin's group and other people who didn't showed up I will have had a pretty good amount of people again thanks for coming and hope to see you guys next month. Also I'll post the results on SRK.

Joker here's the glasses off combo as outlined by the guide if you wish to know.

cr. L, M, H xx QCF L xx L teleport > OTG gun > cr. H xx QCF L xx L teleport > OTG gun > cr. M, H, S xx sjc > air M, M, H, S > land > OTG gun
Ok actually I have seen Mine do it I believe at SCR point being I have to mess with it see which one does more damage or gives meter.

Pixels this weekend. LET'S GO TEAM NINTENDO GAMER!!!

[NG] NGamer3k
[NG] Joker490Frozen
[NG] Noodl3boy
I swear ever since I added [NG] to my tag I have been doing so much better like I seriously play way better now ^.^

I lol'd

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Xenogears is the best story ever.

Should have been like 3 discs at least.

Square shouldn't have taken 3/4ths of the team and made them do different projects :/

PortCity

Smash Ace
@N_o_M: LOL...you could have ***** those guys....if you had a time machine :-P :) ... That match had one of my favorite moments ever. I knew my shield was running out and went for broke. I let go of my shield to get hit by MK and prayed that I would be able to get it back up and have a little bit left to take that f-smash.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Feb 4th: Usually there is no problem holding doubles for me this time of year, but just to be clear :)... I'll be showing up at 5:40 and ready to rock. :)

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I need training this week for Marvel Saturday.
Well you know where to find me ^.^

I think that was the match that people started to notice me a little cause I know I played Anther afterwords and people where like this guys knows what's up >.<

I miss that Joker :'-(
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-YEJen6TKQ&feature=relatedw#t=04m23s

@Feb 4th: Usually there is no problem holding doubles for me this time of year
Speaking off next week we should practice teaming with each other.
Dirty D/515/DMI

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Joker: :-( We won't get a chance to team this time. I am teaming with Cook, but we probably can do it next tourney. If you need a teammate, there is a good shot Bpx will come with the Iowa City people.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Joker, what banned stages do you like that you think should be/could be legal?

I guess this is directed to other Iowans also, I just don't know who else enjoys weird stages

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@Joker: :-( We won't get a chance to team this time.
K

GG's Christian. Task, Trish, Wesker is just too good.
Same goes for you man C.America, Dorm and Nova is a pretty strong team they all have at least 1 mil so it will take a DHC or a reset to kill them completely so you should always expect one unless they have a 1 mil combo. I think if you put some more time with Dorm you will have a solid team cause right now he's sorta holding you back but only cause you don't know how to use him yet >.0

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Joker, what banned stages do you like that you think should be/could be legal?
Well first off the stages I like are Pirate Ship, Jungle Japes, Pictochat, Green Greens, Port Town Aero Dive, Skyworld and Wario Ware.
Now the ones I think should be legal for sure are Jungle Japes and Pictochat for the fact that I don't think this stages are that bad specially if you know the stage well.

Pirate Ship: I like this stage but I don't know who will you CP to it but I can see why it's banned since people can abuse the water by just constantly swimming there and bait someone who doesn't have a projectile to chase you then they get spiked cause of it and the only hazard to me is the bombs although you can tell by a quick glance where the bomb is going to hit as it gets shot other people can have trouble looking at the back while fighting the front of the boat shouldn't be a problem since there's isn't a reason to get that close unless you got pushed into it but the main problem I think is the ez spikes you can get since once you start it should be a free stock.

Jungle Japes: It has a high ceiling so is a good CP against chars like Fox or Snake and the stage hazards can easily be avoided unless your opponent forces you into them for example Falco CG you into the Clap Trap but then is your fault cause you got grab also Falco has to timed the clap trap specially if you going right instead of left plus the water drags you and can kill at 0% which is the player fault for smashing jump since it takes longer to exit that way.

Pictochat: I still have this stage legal at my tourneys and will stay like that forever ^.^ but I like this stage it has a high ceiling and the sides are pretty good however the main complaint about this stage is that the random hazards that appear yes they are random but not the timing I think each transformation last for like 30s same when they appear but I haven't checked this yet also staying on the left side of the stage you shouldn't get killed by something random unless you are jumping and get hit by the spikes but you should be able to react and air dodge again your opponent can use the hazards to his advantage but can save you too for example you can tech the spikes on the side you will still take damage afterwords but it's giving you a second change you will be surprise on how many transformations you can tech <3

Green Greens: I like this stage cause is the closest thing to Dreamland 64 even though I actually did replace it for Dreamland but this stage is a good CP short ceiling and sides makes this the perfect CP for chars who lack killing power and because of the blocks it makes it ez to set up infinites such as DDD CG or DK Dtilt plus some chars can run away all day like G&W the wind is not that big of a deal since it only affects you if you are on the middle and on the side is blowing the bomb blocks I think people where just pushed in to them or didn't respect the way the stage works.

Port Town Aero Dive: This is pretty much the Mute City from Melee and I always thought that was an awesome CP cause chars like C.Falcon had a hard time recovering since there wasn't a ledge to grab on to so it was easier to punish them so the same can be said about this stage chars like Marth will have a hard time with it but you could just land on the tracks instead they will shoot you up but will make it a bit easier to recover now unlike Mute City this stage lands on different spots at random and because of it is hard to keep track of the F-Zero machines when ever it landed on top of the race track(I'm talking about the part where there's a giant R.O.B on the back ^.^) I lost track of them all I needed was see them pass by once and knew when they where coming but always lost track when it landed there T.T that's the other thing the F-Zero machines are too strong it can kill pretty much anyone around 80% so I think this stage is for people who have trouble killing or need an edge to recover.

Skyworld: I'm going to keep this one short cause I don't think many people like this one lol but all I have to say is that thanks to this stage I'm able to tech the way I do because I played on this stage early on however I do know why is banned since the middle is like a tiny Zelda Temple and everyone tended to run for it also once you destroyed the floor you could get spiked though it after hitting the top or it will appear as you recover which by the way this stage is good against chars who lack recovery or DDD since he will bump his head more times then others.

Wario Ware: Yes this stage is silly but if it didn't change it will be a decent stage hell even if it did change if it wasn't for the rewards this stage will be playable I know people use codes to take out the transformations which sounds awesome and will like to try it but I think if there was a code that didn't give you rewards it will be way better cause then you get to play the full stage since most of the mini games won't kill you and the only ones I think will is the falling arrows and the speeding car other then that the others will just slam you into the ground like DK side B which is predictable plus the transformations can save you cause when it enters a mini game it becomes a flat stage going from side to side and only stay like so for around 5 secs so you can avoid DDD.

So yeah that's what I think but if anything they should have some stages for singles and allow others for doubles for example an infinite on Green Greens can be avoided by your teammate actually I may just start doing that <(^.^<)

Top Bottom