• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@This Weekend: I guess getting back into brawl was the midwest's new years resolution.
I don't think it was a new years resolution is just how it always is around November and December people are busy with holidays so then my next tourney ends up being late January or early February so is the same way it has been for a while now.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Colin & JJRockets: Yo, Colin, JJ needs a ride from the bus station to either Joker's house or I guess yours, on Friday night. said I would take him to his bus stop after the tourney if no one else would.

@Last Night: DDD was bringing the pain...Double DDD brought even MORE pain... :)

@Cook: I'll be there abour 5:45. We can get some practice then....you play Snake now? Is yours any good...we could run Wario/Snake or Diddy/Snake (or even troll as DDD/Snake :-D) as a side team. Also, dustin said you spoke about playing Wario/Olimar....I'm not against it, but my Wario is NO where near as fast as Bpx's :(

Cook

Smash Master
@Se'kou: Well, Dustin was just telling me that Wario/Olimar is really good. And -I- think my Snake is sometimes good in doubles. Same story as Olimar: if I can not get juggled then I do well. We'll just have to try things out and see what works best, imo. One thing I do know is that bananas will bother me way less as Snake then as Olimar.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Won't be able to make this tourney. (Big surprise)

But drive safe everyone.

Joker will get 1st in singles. Se'kou will get 1st in teams.

Nuff said.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
Colin is getting me a ride so I will be here this weekend! Thanks to everyone for helping me find a ride and especially thanks to Colin for being that ride lol. See you guys all this weekend

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Debo: Hhahaha, IDK about all that. If I was at the top of my game...i might join in on the trash talk...I'm just hoping for an easy bracket :)

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Nah Cook, Jordan and I got this.

Unless you go Olimar/Diddy...probably the most frustrating team possible.

...but we'd still beat it.

/trashtalk
:phone:

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
@Debo: Hhahaha, IDK about all that. If I was at the top of my game...i might join in on the trash talk...I'm just hoping for an easy bracket :)
Is there a "beginners" bracket.:) Im hoping for a good showing this weekend but I'm starting to worry
I don't want to be one and done. :(

Also...something else just occured to me. I haven't played brawl on a TV smaller than 42" ever. Based on the video on the first page...this might be another first.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
There will be people there to play friendly matches with. It helps to get warm-up by showing up before the tournament also.

Cook

Smash Master
Also, it's double elimination. So you get to at least play two sets before you're out.

I lost the first two sets the first time I went to Joker's. :( Lost to Andy and Jlo, I think. Then Tyser ***** me forever in friendlies, and he probably had less fun than me because he was playing Brawl.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Quick reminder tourney sign ups are from 11-12pm tourney will start shortly after so I ask people be here on time since I'll like to finish the tourney before midnight also when coming downstairs please take the time to shake the snow of your shoes and don't run down the stairs I had people trip cause they didn't took the time to do so.

Colin is getting me a ride so I will be here this weekend! Thanks to everyone for helping me find a ride and especially thanks to Colin for being that ride lol. See you guys all this weekend
So is he housing you too then o.0

Was wondering Joker would an additional setup be appreciated?
Yes it will I rather have extras instead of not enough also for which game Melee or Brawl and does it include a TV.

Is there a "beginners" bracket.:)
No and mainly cause I don't have the time for it since I run Melee and that tends to stall each other.

I don't want to be one and done. :(
Its double elimination so you will at least play twice >.0

Also...something else just occured to me. I haven't played brawl on a TV smaller than 42" ever. Based on the video on the first page...this might be another first.

There will be people there to play friendly matches with. It helps to get warm-up by showing up before the tournament also.
^This.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Wish I could go, I think I asked about this last time but no one was around to perhaps drive me, I'm so pathetic XD I'd like to play some new players / see new faces.

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
Will brackets be posted somewhere? I want to come early and get some friendlies in...also I've never played doubles so me and my partner will need to get some practice in as well. I just can't be there 12 hours, I have a family and 3 kids...the wife won't like it if I disappear for an ENTIRE saturday. :)

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yeah it would be a tv and wii. I would assume a brawl setup but im bringing both discs so it could go either way depending on what you need.
Thanks we probably be using it mostly for Brawl but the option is there for Melee ^.^

Will brackets be posted somewhere? I want to come early and get some friendlies in...also I've never played doubles so me and my partner will need to get some practice in as well. I just can't be there 12 hours, I have a family and 3 kids...the wife won't like it if I disappear for an ENTIRE saturday. :)
The brackets will be posted on my computer the day of the tourney and I will be telling you when to play your matches also yeah I'm hoping the tourney doesn't take long either plus you can get a couple of friendlies before doubles starts too.

Top Bottom