• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Double post like a boss but games tonight were fun, next time we come down it will be around 5 or so. Then the serious matches can happen maybe I will become a "real wario" some day :).

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
Yup last night was good stuff. Finally got a chance to play some more poeple and got some good time in doubles. best thing was I got home before midnight (had to be up at 715am) :)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Your next monthly will have SFxT right?

No gems, 2v2, that stage with master hand only.

I have decided to play Lily and Asuka. Also color edit mode whoo~

PortCity

Smash Ace
Street Fighter x Tekken Scramble Mode is NOTHING like smash brothers. But it doesn't look fun :-D

@Joker: Can you set aside my water bottle and gloves :-\ I think i left them again.

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Pcity-i hope you can play monday so I can show you my real wario.

Joker- i will be able to show up to your tourney ;)

:phone:

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Your next monthly will have SFxT right?
Most definitively

Street Fighter x Tekken Scramble Mode is NOTHING like smash brothers. But it doesn't look fun :-D

@Joker: Can you set aside my water bottle and gloves :-\ I think i left them again.
It's just what people refer to it also I saw your water bottle but not your globes o.0

Joker- i will be able to show up to your tourney ;)

:phone:
Hype

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Hey Iowa,

Trying to get a handle on who's coming down for my tourney. I know Brandon and Colin want to go, so more people should go with them please :)
Really the only other 2 people who travel for smash right now are Dustin and I so if he isn't going is probably cause he has work as for me I'm going to a Marvel tourney that day ^.^

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Rumor has it that Dustin asked the wrong weekend off work or something :(

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
I'd be down to travel maybe in the future if we can arrange a car pool situation. Right now I got tons going on and I am back and forth in omaha. Good luck in KS to anyone going.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Lol Raven. Also Rob your avy sucks.

Are you picking up SFxT tomorrow Joker? I think we are if possible, I can ask Blake to pick you up. I kinda want to go straight to training room but we can **** around at your house too maybe... Then play SFxT OHOHOHOHO~

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I've been playing through the game again on PSN actually, in preparation for Xenoblade.

Xenostar's was way cooler is all.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@SxT: What do you guys think of the game? I played it, and it is pretty good...but I have terrible execution...so I'm bad...like really bad :-D

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
It doesn't work how I expected, but the end result has potential.

I didn't expect much, but they somehow messed up things I really didn't think you could mess up. However that doesn't have to be a bad thing. So far its pretty fun so we'll see how long it lasts.

My problem lies mostly in the Tekken characters and lack of oki game. Many Tekken chars have a ton of useless chains and command normals, however this is not unlike how actual Tekken is...

Many of them are also gimmicky and don't work well in the 2D world. For example they have command grabs that only hit you standing, or certain strings or mix-ups that will never hit against people that know the match-up. King was probably the one I looked forward to the most in this regard but he has one of the worst grapple games. He has THREE grabs (crouching, standing, anti-air) and none of them are throw invulnerable and they're all very reactable because of the start-up. Many command grabs in general seem to have about 5frame start-up. Their only advantage being they aren't normal grabs, which have awful ranges in this game.

This does not help most people at all because rolls are pretty much free escape. There is almost no oki game whatsoever. Backdashes are also still invincible as well so there are plenty of free escapes in this game. Not to mention the issue of grapplers eating fireballs to roll in on you. And if you do something unsafe there's always tag cancel.

These don't necessarily have to make the game bad, but the game is designed poorly imo. Not that I expected much else from a Capcom crossover game headed by Ono.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Blank: The game is fun for a casual game without a doubt. IDK if it will be competitive...and you are SOOOOOOOOoooooooo right about those rolls. I would have people trapped and doing a good rushdown and they would just roll away. That would piss me off so much!

Soran

Smash Ace
yeah! what Blank said... >.>

well not really because I'm not a fgscientist. I do, however, enjoy Jin and Xiaoyu. They're Tekken characters but it's still fun to me. Like PCity said, casually, it's awesome.

I will be playing TTT2 though. And I don't have BBCS EX :O
GGXXAC on PSN, peoples. be happy now (for those nuggets that complain about BB)

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Dustin: I don't know if you knew this, but here is the PCity Diddy gameplan... not much has changed since its original publication 2 years ago.

How to be PCity's Diddy in 5 easy steps:

1. Run Around / Act a Fool
2. Play with Bananas/Peanuts (See 1)
3. Force Off Edge
4. Spike
5. Spike

PortCity

Smash Ace
I'm so busy talking noise, I didn't congratulate Brandon on 4th at Lux's tournament.

Results thread tomorrow after I get off work!

1. Vinnie ($114)
2. MJG ($57)
3. DeLux ($19)
4. BPow

Soran

Smash Ace
pretty... pretty gdlk.

Happy birthday, Greg!

happy happy birthday
happy happy BIRTHDAY!

it. is your birthday

happy happy BIRTHDAY~!

overtheunder

Smash Cadet
anyone wanna team for this saturday @ jokers? I'd most likely use toon link.. and i'm slighty better at doubles than I have been in the past. slightly...:D

lemme know!

Top Bottom