• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Looks like there are going to be games in ames tonight Conspiracy if you can show up we will have enough people for a singles tv hopefully, or you could play doubles. :) Joker is a pretty good teammate plus he is a good player in general if you couldn't tell last time you were here haha.

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Good games tonight everyone.

joker-that two hours of Sdi practice helped out a lot in the matches today.

pcity-Could Diddy Kong/Olimar be a legit team tune in next week to find out!

qrs-We still need to fix Fox/Olimar team :/ lol

greg-Thanks for driving up here mang, and good luck with your situation ;)

schizm-Wario will get his revenge next time we play!

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Man what is this website why is everything so dark who are you people.

I kind of want to come even though I'll get pooped on-I haven't played Brawl since Nebraskon, and then not since that last Lincoln tournament. I probably can't afford it anyways but I'll see, it would be good to see everyone.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Great games last night! Shoutouts later :)... But imma do 1 shoutout now!!!..Man Big ups to the internet for having the answers to my homework. I found them at like 7:30...I was like "Am I gonna play brawl tonight HYFR!" :-D

@Last night: Oddly we had a pretty big turnout. 7 people was a nice surprise. I hereby dictate that every night Joker and I team at least for 1 set. All those who remotely care about the game are now old enough to try to figure out how they are gonna beat us or accept the fact they will be used as training dummies :)

@Dustin: Sometimes a captain must disobey a direct order from the commander. You did a great job ignoring me and sticking with that 1 purple pikmin. You came up clutch and won the set because of that decision.

@QRS: We are getting the hang of teaming together. We have to come up with a strategy for big stages (that aren't FD). When we do that, we are gonna kick ....fill in the blank.

@Skizm: Spam smash attacks more and learn the invincicopter. Keep throwing out those donkey punches and use up+b to get out of crowds. I think that will make your DK even more scary. I'm slowly starting to respect it :-D...especially considering I lose a good number of 2 on 1 comebacks to him :)

@Greg: You playing pretty well. You should sit down and practice bananas a bit. I know you don't care too much about the game, but your item game is pretty good and I have a difficult time catching/insta throwing bananas back at you because of your mind games.

@Joker: We will team every time from now on, I promise. I especially liked your comment about using hard hitting moves even at 0% for intimidation purposes. What I liked most about last night, you were a tad bit more competitive that usual. :) I like it when you have that fire to win. You tend to play better and think of creative ways to win. You may not realize, but most of your kills on me were because you played fast and deceptively...which I always like to see.

@Wang: Should have stayed up.

@Rick Ross: "UUUGGGGHHHHhhhh"

-----

"SDI so hard, I'm shocked too, I'm supposed to be dead too
If you escaped what i've escaped
You'd be winning by 4 stocks too" - O-Dog

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
"SDI so hard, I'm shocked too, I'm supposed to be dead too
If you escaped what i've escaped
You'd be winning by 4 stocks too" - O-Dog

White boy swag haha, this was the only good verse in the whole remix :(

Pcity- Whenever you fight a 2v1 or a 1v1 to finish the match I always trust you maybe I can earn that one day haha.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Why did BPOW post a picture of my old neighbor going through McDonalds. I mean, it's funny the first time he does it...

PortCity

Smash Ace
@N_o_M: If you keep making really good (risky) decision and winning, you will without a doubt get my rspect. I'm not gonna lie, lol...if Joker is fighting 1 on 1 after a match, I pretty much count it as a win. I would love to have that same level of confidence with you.....Also....That was your hardest line, no lie. But you had 2 other lines in there I liked. "Smash so hard, got a broke stick, buttons that don't tick" and "Bit** behave, I might let you meet Wang"...that was pretty funny.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I hereby dictate that every night Joker and I team at least for 1 set. All those who remotely care about the game are now old enough to try to figure out how they are gonna beat us or accept the fact they will be used as training dummies :)
^This.

@N_o_M: I'm not gonna lie, lol...if Joker is fighting 1 on 1 after a match, I pretty much count it as a win.
I think the same way if I die and is just you against my teammate I pretty much counted as your win >.<

@Dustin: What the name of those two songs you played when ever you do MK dittos o.0

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Joker: Realize that works both ways :) When you are on my team and it is your 1 on 1, I usually count it as a win. I don't care who you are fighting: Yoshq, Bpx, Wang or JJ...I usually expect a victory out of it unless you are grossly behind.

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BumcoxotNb0

GW likes to move it slow motion for me.

Also i plan on finishing that remix tonight so be ready some more white boy swag.
obscure rap reference lol.

When I bought my first house and my son was a newborn the folks down the block used to have that on repeat and have a block party damn near every night till 3am. gotta love living in the hood

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
Was trying to learn some advance moves...trying to get the timing down with Sheiks Dacus. Very hard to get it consistantly so I switched to Snake to make sure I was doing it right...Snakes dacus is super easy to do, kinda weird that diff chars have such a difference in difficulty doing essentially the same move.

Couldnt do it at all with the nunchuck so I switched up to the CCPro...going to be quite a while before I feel comfortable with it :)

Thanks for Joker for beating me so badly that I finally figured I needed to learn some advanced stuff. :)

PortCity

Smash Ace
So ummmm yeah, doubles were ****. Brandon and I teaming wasn't even fair. We just goofed off. Dustin and I did well, so did Skizm and I. Having said all of that, Colin and I put our whole hearts into those matches. That was the most fun I have had in a while.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Yoooo so I should FINALLY be available for games tomorrow if anyone is down. I would love to go to DSM if you can drive sek'ou.

effing school, devours my life.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Tyser: Actually, yeah, people play singles, but since I'm the only person that actually really talks about the game here, you only get to hear about the doubles matches I play.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Scramble mode ACTUALLY looks like Brawl.

One dude sits and chucks fireballs and builds meter, while the other fights somewhere in the middle somehow.

PortCity

Smash Ace
What is going down tomorrow? (Wednesday)

Shout-out to Me and Debo for kicking Dustin and Brandon's butt
Shout-out to Me and Brandon for an amazing comeback...down 3, 4, or 5 stocks?
Shout-out to Dustin and Debo for kicking Gary and I's butt AND being the "soul survivors"

D-Pain get's honorable mention for swanging his hammer and singing in an autotuned voice "Shawtay!"

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Yeah GG's last night. I had a lot of fun. If we are doing anything tomorrow there's a small chance I'd be able to make it. Although I won't be done with class till 5. No promises.

Top Bottom