• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

mduo

Smash Apprentice
i'll be in Ames next weekend. I have an 8 hour test on Saturday and VEISHEA is going on but if anyone wants to hang out or play games let me know. Facebook or text me if you'll be around, I don't check smashboards much since it's blocked at work.
youll go to ames but you wont come to china? wtf... i thought we were friends

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Won't be able to go next weekend since I'll be ****** face and repping Sawnik at MLG in Orlando. :(
Fixed.

Also, there's a chance Connor, Dave and myself could stop by Joker's place; if there's a specific time, please do let me know :] It's not for sure that we're heading to Des Moines.. but yeah. I'd give Jlo a call and see if he'd wanna join.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i'd be interested in some smash or something tonight if its still happening, but if i go, can i bring my guitar XD i really need to be practicing lol.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
OMG, 12 YEARS LATER AND THIS HAPPENS.

http://www.solarobo.channel.or.jp/

Its liek, hawt furry on mecha action. My two favorite things in the world. All it needs are lolis and traps.

Granted there are about 3 characters I approve of, i'm still extremely interested. Appears to be DS RPG/Mech Fighter/Platforming game considering its a successor for Tail Concerto. The world design is pretty inspired, though not the most ambitious. Its still a direction I really like.

So <3, it restores my faith in Japan doing furry games after the tragedy that was Monster...

resTy

Smash Champion
Hey, Greg. I forgot if I let you use my Torrential Tribute or not.
Anyways, I may need it in the near future since I'm making a different deck.
Gave up on Blackwings lol.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Yea, I got your Torrential man. I will probably be coming Friday if I get all the cards I need for my deck and come over to play at the Local. Would it be alright if I get housing Friday through Sunday?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Afrayail

Smash Ace
FMA? As in the original? Because I strongly disliked the English FMA.. eck.

Hmmm, I heard FLCL was better in English. TTGL is tolerable, for the most part, to me in English, though if I have any choice whatsoever I'd still prefer Japanese. .hack//sign was pretty good in English, don't know if I saw much of the Japanese though. As far as I can tell, I like both versions of InuYasha, though I don't know if I have a preference. Digimon, at least the original, is pretty good in English :]

I can maybe think of a few characters that are better in English, but a whole series is rare.. since American girls try to do the cutesy Asian voice and end up sounding like either ******* or *******. That and the English language is kinda gross to listen to. I'll edit if I think of anything.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Holy **** childrens card games? Thread interest +1.

Joker: I play with your feelings cuz you're my plaything and you enjoy the abuse. Also, Ima be the van delivery guy again.
You mean you're bringing the van down next weekend?
Also can anyone here tell me which anime U.S dub beats Japanese Dub cause the only stuff I have been hearing was FMA.
Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho.

Uli

Smash Champion
FMA? As in the original? Because I strongly disliked the English FMA.. eck.

Hmmm, I heard FLCL was better in English. TTGL is tolerable, for the most part, to me in English, though if I have any choice whatsoever I'd still prefer Japanese. .hack//sign was pretty good in English, don't know if I saw much of the Japanese though. As far as I can tell, I like both versions of InuYasha, though I don't know if I have a preference. Digimon, at least the original, is pretty good in English :]
.hack//sign i remember that being like one of the first animes i downloaded every week with a friend but we randomly dropped it. i really liked it but i can barely remember anything lol how was it?!?!?! (i stopped at some recap ep i think, i wanna say ep 19ish?!)

also jp dub >>>>>>>>>>> eng dub no matter
some eng dub is on par but NEVER BETTER
NEVERRR

edit: why cant i type jap ?!?!

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
Hentai has the worst English Dub.

Female character: "Oh god! Your penis is going into my vagina!"
Male character: "OH YEAH GURRRLLLL!"

gantrain05

Smash Master
Zash is bringin the van! i shouldn't be spending my money but i'm def goin to st louis if we got a van,

also, cowboy bebep english dub is much better than jpn.

§chizm

Smash Lord
The best English Dub anime is easily Dragon Ball Z.
They have better music by a couple of country miles.
I didn't know they had different music, though I never really payed much attention to the music in DBZ...
Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo however have fucckking amazing music.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
after my many experiences with anime (which is alot lol) there is only a few selected anime that have decent dubs that compares on par with the original japanese language. not very much can beat the original language. i personally like sub over dub for pretty much everything

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Joker: I play with your feelings cuz you're my plaything and you enjoy the abuse.
GOD I never wanted you so bad like I do now <3

Also can anyone here tell me which anime U.S dub beats Japanese Dub cause the only stuff I have been hearing was FMA.
GoldenBoy best six episodes ever, Ranma 1/2, Full Metal Panic, Devil May Cry, Death Note, Please Teacher/Twins, Karas, Sailor Moon just a few ^.^
Also I like watching Lucky Star Dub but that's just me.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Baccano has one of the better dubs over sub but the show takes place in prohibition america so its to be expected. Pretty much any show like Big O or IGPX that were made for a western audience tend to have a better dub then the japanese.
And most works by dai sato or mamoru oshii lend themselves for dubbing. Also one of the FLCL directors preferred some of the eng voices.

Top Bottom