• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So this is the same day as THE NERDTRON SLUMBER PARTY: AN 8-BIT DREAM(ALL AGES)

I think the entire state of Nebraska is going to John if it's the 26th :/ Some people are even helping run it. So idk what that means, but if you guys have a bi-weekly the 12th-13th or whatever maybe we could have a NE/IA thing at ur place Joker since Auras is gonna be the next week and you'll be up for that
Why did I not knew of this event?

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice
Iowa City, like 10 min drive to Yink <3
You are also quite close to me (Mount Vernon, 20 mins) and to Kuares (cedar rapids, maybe 25 mins). There is a smattering of other players in the area too (Ngamer, soran, the rest of the Cornell Crew). There is a sonic main from IC (Mushroomring) also. Hope to see you for some games soon.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Heh, WHOBO 3 doubles is being held Friday during the day time. I prolly could skip class Thursday and Friday before spring break and go. Ugg, but finding a partner gonna be tough. My little brother has school and is notoriously out of practice. I'll see...then I got to find out what type of TV's they got. Cause the little tech skill I have is heavily tv dependent :-\

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Peeps best be prepared for "The Turks"

JakeBudden - Reno
Debo - Rude

We're coming for ya.
Maybe. If we get you in bracket.
And if we win.
Yeah.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Update: rained for the first time here.

Christian, you still using my computer? Just curious.

I so cant wait to get out of here and back home. It sucks so bad not being able to just go out and chill. Lock yourself in a cage for a few days and you will get it lol. Watching air gear again doesnt help that feeling at all either lol.
Just go AWOL and hide in Joker's basement. They'll never find you.

So is there a definite date for the monthly yet/soon?

EFIT: When did they start putting ads in our posts? Can they do that?

Soran

Smash Ace
Yink's sig gives me the sudden urge to play Earthboud.
How would everyone feel if they modernized Earthbound? (visual-wize)

and...
SURE THING, Rockstar!~

; D

gantrain05

Smash Master
the thing that kept me from playing earthbound for my snes was the TERRIBLE TERRIBLE graphics and semi-boring battle system, i just could not get into that game, i always just went and played ff3 or crono trigger instead.

Soran

Smash Ace
the thing that kept me from playing earthbound for my snes was the TERRIBLE TERRIBLE graphics and semi-boring battle system, i just could not get into that game, i always just went and played ff3 or crono trigger instead.
see, that's how I feel about FFVI. I'm currently just watching a playthrough.
My friend has the Anthology (FFsom'n and FFVI) and offered to lend it to me. I declined because I didn't think I could get into it because of the battle system and the graphics. I just wish they could make a beautiful OVA in great detail. Like Tales of Phantasia (my favorite Tales of..) but I haven't played it. I almost got the game for GBA but the store's last copy left conveniently a week before I went to retrieve my copy.

It would be cool if they Made a new Tales of Phantasia with Tales of Symphonia's battle system. I think Tales of Phantasia's battle system was actually turn-based. Which is why I'm glad I didn't get it. Then again, it was a cheap price. Oh well.

gantrain05

Smash Master
hey alls i'm sayin, is that when i was a kid and i had that game, i couldn't play it because i felt that ff3 and crono trigger were like a thousand times superior, to be honest i never have tried playing the game since then lol.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
definitly not a thousand times, they might be better, idk, I think I like CT more than EB but FF6 < EB imo. FF5 > the other 3.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i just remember putting in like infinite amount of time on ff6 just grinding and maxing out all my chars, and then like...i go to kefkas tower and solo him with setzer......it was a big letdown of a last boss.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
not as bad as sephiroth in FF7, I've tried to lose that battle, took off all my materia, put on the buster sword, no acc and wizard bracket or something with low def%, no materia...you get it. I go into battle and just wait forever...for him to attack...and when he does, I counter him and he dies! WTF!

gantrain05

Smash Master
not as bad as sephiroth in FF7, I've tried to lose that battle, took off all my materia, put on the buster sword, no acc and wizard bracket or something with low def%, no materia...you get it. I go into battle and just wait forever...for him to attack...and when he does, I counter him and he dies! WTF!
i think u can die maybe if you do a low level run of the game and equip his base equipment and hp mp switch materia. i've never tried it tho.

Bead

Smash Ace
People actually have problems beating him.... Welcome to the introduction of casual gaming

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
the FINAL battle, not bizarro or safer (both botched SP, whateves) but the FINAL battle? Seriously? Was 5th grade Rob really better than "casual" players?!?!?!

Soran

Smash Ace
FF5 you butthead, it's amazing. So is Earthbound, I don't get the hate.
I'm not hating >.<

I'm sorry if some people should consider me 'not a true gamer' .
How we talk about how Mahvel, baby 3 will never be as good as Mahvel, baby 2- I don't see it that way. This is various with many games but I feel the latter generation surpasses the predecessors. (note: various) Such is the case with SSB and SSBM. (SSBB is that exception) Also depending on preference and other factors. I couldn't get into Mahvel, baby 2 because... simply I didn't find it exciting. Probably due to me being spoiled by BlazBlue and other latter gen fighters. But I can still go back and play 3S and enjoy it way more than some current gen games. That's just me.

Take life in perspective. This is probably why you don't get the hate.

gantrain05

Smash Master
im gonna have to go with the complete opposite of sorans post and say that newer gen games as a whole keep getting worse and i'd rather play my old nes/snes/psx games anyday over most of the garbage coming out for the 360

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
I'm not hating >.<

I'm sorry if some people should consider me 'not a true gamer' .
How we talk about how Mahvel, baby 3 will never be as good as Mahvel, baby 2- I don't see it that way. This is various with many games but I feel the latter generation surpasses the predecessors. (note: various) Such is the case with SSB and SSBM. (SSBB is that exception) Also depending on preference and other factors. I couldn't get into Mahvel, baby 2 because... simply I didn't find it exciting. Probably due to me being spoiled by BlazBlue and other latter gen fighters. But I can still go back and play 3S and enjoy it way more than some current gen games. That's just me.

Take life in perspective. This is probably why you don't get the hate.
He wasn't even addressing you.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
im gonna have to go with the complete opposite of sorans post and say that newer gen games as a whole keep getting worse and i'd rather play my old nes/snes/psx games anyday over most of the garbage coming out for the 360
^This. Only a handful of newer gen games is actually consider a diamond in the rough.

Top Bottom