• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
Joker I just got tmnt finally after some delay and bull****, but do you think you could upload the save file for all chars and stages? As I can't seem to find one anywhere.

What are the offical tourney rules for TMNT?
and how much is it?

Do you guys think it would be fine to play Wi-Fi on it with it running off of usb loader?

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
at your house will be me tyser dekl jbm dekls friend and majik
majik may be coming waaay later though
i think he should just stay at loves or something
smeesh is coming late to hang out with girly :3
and droppn of majik or something, maybe joker could house majik, idk
devon doesnt no where you live either
im just ranting now
diiiickss and shiiit
I was heading over to Jake's with you guys. :bee:

PortCity

Smash Ace
Andy: Get a ride to Des Moines and I will give you a ride home.

Everyone: Seeing that I will be arriving late... I'll money match the winners of the team tournament. Free money for you :-D best of 2 sets....each set is a best of 5 :)...pick your price...liberal stage selection :)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I thought it was pretty overrated too. Also, art style was a turn-off.

Wonder if I should get sleep for Joker's at all.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
WHAT, you didnt like the art style, that is what originally drew me to the game. That and when i did get the game i was uber addicted, screw off everyone...jk...

Blank, will i ever get to see you again???

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was pretty overrated too. Also, art style was a turn-off.

Wonder if I should get sleep for Joker's at all.
Yeah, I also didn't care for it. The gameplay seemed solid enough but the art style combine with the music was too much. I also don't mind the main character being generic but it wasn't really executed particularly well to keep me interested.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I haven't looked forward to or been interested in any DS game since Infinite Space was announced.

I guess HGSS will be cool too, to get me a better Stallcune.

Edit: On a related note, Bone have you or anyone else seen RahXephon? I'm curious about it since I've been reading Childhood's End. Also still haven't seen Evangelion.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I haven't looked forward to or been interested in any DS game since Infinite Space was announced.

Edit: On a related note, Bone have you or anyone else seen RahXephon? I'm curious about it since I've been reading Childhood's End. Also still haven't seen Evangelion.
I've seen Raxephon before. I never got into it but it's alright and you need to check out Magical shopping arcade AnoBashi it is funny.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

I also can take down that Suicune that Musrooming was talking about but right now i am working on a Trick Room team.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace

I too have seen it and i very much enjoyed it. I loved the animation. I watched it because i wanted to watch a mech at the time, but was surprised that the story had much to think about and interperate.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Like we talked about it today its pretty good, one of the best shows by BONES and probably better that you haven't watched EVA before as you won't be constantly comparing the two. The movie changes things so if anything you could watch the tv series and save the movie after you have watched EVA.

Also you can read this short story that influence the show.
http://www.rahxephon.fr/dossiers-dandelion_girl.html

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
This time we had an awesome turnout so thanks to everyone who showed up and hopefully you guys can make it to the next one which should be on November 14th.

Brawl Doubles:

1: Why So Serious(Joker+Razor) :snake::metaknight:
2: Team Real Team(Kit+Jordan) :warioc::gw:
3: Typoon(Mduo+Blank) :metaknight::metaknight:
4: Team We Wear Magnum(Cook+Nicole)
5: Why So Serious. . . . .Black?(BCRF+Mook)
5: Cute Anime Girls(Twink+Neon)
7: Grinnell(BOJOE+Zeal)
7: Team I'm Gonna Let You FInish(Zyklon+CTX)

Brawl Singles:

1: Joker:snake:
2: Razor:metaknight:
3: Jordan:gw::diddy:
4: Cook:olimar:
5: Skizm:gw:
5: Blank:metaknight::kirby2:
7: Kit:warioc:
7: Zyklon:falco:
9: Potato:metaknight:
9: Nicole:peach:
9: Mduo:metaknight:
9: Mysterious Silver:pit:
13: Majik:rob:
13: CTX:marth::link2:
13: Euclid:dedede:
13: Uli:marth:
17: Sherman The Tank:pit:
17: Neon:rob:
17: BCRF:gw:
17: Mook:metaknight:
17: Twink:marth:
17: Trent:sonic:
17: BOJOE:ike:
17: BokoLove:kirby2::marth:
25: Bees!:gw:
25: Tony Stark:metaknight:
25: Afrayail:rob::diddy:
25: Smeesh:peach:

Again thanks for coming and GGs.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
People should bring their own **** for BB next time (basically just TVs). We cant use the Brawl TVs during Brawl. I mean, its a Brawl tournament after all -.-

Anyways, good games folks. Tager Champion in da howse!

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Good stuff Smeesh.

I am pretty sure though that my Falco is better than your Fox and my Fox is better than your Falco. :)

Sorry about breaking my sticks everyone. It was that time.

I'm not losing the next Melee tourney. Razor i'll tell you next time when i'm playing for advice on how to beat matchups I don't know in brawl.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Good times all around. Though, if you look at the bracket, I only fought one non-Missourian. hahaha LUCK.
SOOOO glad nOlimar dittos were recorded.

Joker: Gimme your TMNT friend code. 2879-9006-0736

Dekline42

Smash Ace
Uli had to work at 8 today when we got home at like 5:30 >.<. So if he gets home and goes straight to bed it wouldn't surprise me. But he has the brackets so whenever he gets on he'll proly put em up

Uli

Smash Champion
uhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggggggg
posting results tomorrow
going back to bed
or someting

yeah it is to hard to run BB with all the other ****, its like a side side tourny lol

ugggggggggghhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr uguu~

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
The Venue Simply isn't large enough.

Blaz is a game that we shouldn't really consider for money though. If we do, It should be a main event rather than a tourney we wait to hold later on in the night. That won't happen though so I have to say that Blaz is something Iowa will have to travel to NE for.

I'm sure Joker feels somewhat the same. Same goes for TMNT. Just not enough time or space.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Blazblue should be run early if anything because a 16 man tournament lasts 1 hour or less if its run correctly and getting it out of the way quick lets us focus on the more important shit.

Uli

Smash Champion
i guess we could do, melee dubs, then BB then melee singles
but idk
w/e figure it out next time
sleeeep
uuguuuu~

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
The only problem with that even is people don't bother to show up on time.

Joker I'm really happy for you and i'ma let you finish, but I run Better Tourneys!

No but seriously Joker no offense. The time schedule is walked over by everyone. I know that with tourneys you need people to come. People shouldn't show up 30 minutes late. They aren't respecting your terms which is awful.

I'm not sure when exactly you WANT to start these. 2 in the afternoon is kind of late for most tourneys. You are running both Brawl events and getting 20+ entrants for both events. With the 4-6 Setups you have for Brawl(do you even have 4?)It just makes things run sloppy.

**People should be given 30 Minutes at most to get their food if they are entering a both events for the tourneys(singles and doubles). This isn't a leisurely time limit either. it should be in between the 2 events. If people can't make it back in time start the bracket and if you finish all your matches and they haven't come back they deserve to be disqualified. This is a tourney, A COMPETITIVE EVENT! It can be fun if you make it fun but rules are in order and need to be followed or their are consequences.

This is how I feel about your tourneys. I'm not trying to criticize you. Just some friendly critiquing :)

Also more people need to comeout and eat with us afterwards! i say vietnamese on fridays Ihop after the tourneys.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Tourney got done much earlier then usual though. Blaz had two setups, just we wanted to eat and only friendlies were on the 360 one. Blaz could get done pretty fast otherwise.

And Brawl always has at least like 4-5 setups, and doesn't need one of them when there are like 8 people in the bracket left.

New BlazBlue sounds dumb anyways. Arksys seems to have some vendetta against overheads, jump cancelable moves and tech resets. Getting rid of tons of air combos, pressure and oki traps. Not like it was that bad since Barrier Block = solution to everything anyways.

Rachel's CH moves were nerfed, which was sort of her main way of handling most everything, and her overhead is pretty much a free combo for the opponent now unless she can still DJC it. Lightning rod and frog combos are probably gone since they're slower and frog doesn't pick up downed people.

They made Jin really boring, with pretty much no way to air combo off the ground or otherwise do anything but combo into grounded ice car. He can't do many jc strings for pressure, but they made his lionhead faster?

Everyone just seems more poke oriented with shorter, more boring combos. A lot of the wrong moves are slower, while some problem moves got faster. Arksys must be trying to make BB into SF4. Not just my characters either, just about everyone is losing something that only noobs would complain about.

Edit: Litchi seems to be avoiding nerfs somehow so I'll probably pick up her.

Top Bottom