• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Olimar a dissapointment? why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Funny thing is, Olimar isn't that new of a character anymore, he's definitely part of Nintendo history as being one of the few new IPs for the big N during the Gamecube era.

Now if only they were to bring on Cubivore.

the master of legends

Smash Cadet
So I'm a noob cuz this site says it huh? Riiiight. Just because I just joined the site a few days ago means I know absolutely nothing about smash. I mean I've only been playing Smash since the 64 days. So sorry I don't have enough time in my life to sit on here all day and get my status up to Journeyman such as the great SinisterLizard. Yeah I've played Pikmin and it was a pretty good game itself. I just don't think Olimar should be in Brawl. There's better choices out there than him.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
So I'm a noob cuz this site says it huh? Riiiight. Just because I just joined the site a few days ago means I know absolutely nothing about smash. I mean I've only been playing Smash since the 64 days. So sorry I don't have enough time in my life to sit on here all day and get my status up to Journeyman such as the great SinisterLizard. Yeah I've played Pikmin and it was a pretty good game itself. I just don't think Olimar should be in Brawl. There's better choices out there than him.
Do tell a better choice than Olimar for Brawl.

Show me a more interesting moveset.

the master of legends

Smash Cadet
hmm tell you a better choice huh? let's see...Mega Man, Isaac, Toad, Skull Kid, Sora, Geno, K. K. Rool, too many that are better than captain olimar. the pikmin game was okay, i'm not dissing the pikmin games, i personally just don't think olimar should be in brawl. i could see him as an assist trophy, but that's about it.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
hmm tell you a better choice huh? let's see...Mega Man, Isaac, Toad, Skull Kid, Sora, Geno, K. K. Rool, too many that are better than captain olimar. the pikmin game was okay, i'm not dissing the pikmin games, i personally just don't think olimar should be in brawl. i could see him as an assist trophy, but that's about it.
Toad a better choice? And I suppose you're going to claim Olimar will stop all of the others you mentioned from being in the game? For all you know, they could be in the game, but Sakurai just chose to update Olimar. Everyone wants him and I as well as others expected an update. He did get the same votes as Krystal in the poll so he must be popular. Olimar brings a more unique style to the world of Smash. Anyone not proud of that should just not play Smash at all.

the master of legends

Smash Cadet
Alrighty here's an opportunity for you to defend the great olimar. When the game comes out we'll have a little online battle. Make me eat my words if you can. I look forward to wiping the floor with olimar and his pikmin parade.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Alrighty here's an opportunity for you to defend the great olimar. When the game comes out we'll have a little online battle. Make me eat my words if you can. I look forward to wiping the floor with olimar and his pikmin parade.
Ok, you're on. First I'll have to unlock Olimar, which may be difficult depending on how Sakurai made the stipulation. After that I'll practice a little, see what Olimar is all about, then beat the living crap out of you with him. still don't see why you don't like Olimar. What's not to like about the guy?

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
*facepalm*

megaman - practically deconfirmed
isaac - WHO???
Toad - you HAVE to be kidding me right?
skull kid -...........
sora - WHO?
geno - actually has chances (even if i like him or not)it
k rool - doubt he will be in but it is possible

olimar had a HUGE fanbase and kickass games, i know geno has a huge fanbase also, same with k rool and isaac (i still have no clur who he is. But in my opinion and in MANY others, olimar was THE most deserving character of the possible includees

i am not trying to destroy ANYONES hope or anything, but seriously, TOAD!? you NEED to do some research and findout that he is peaches move... io like toad, alot, but he won't be in.

in short, you post served NO purpose, you get virtually NO support, and should stop before you humiliate yourself more and et flammed...

no offence intended

Suna

Smash Journeyman
I like Olimar,but somthing about him tells me he is gonna be a low teir but he gonna be on of those charaters thats real hard to beat when somone really good plays with him

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Olimar hasn't repped his new series and he deserves a spot more than the others like Toad. He has yet to have repped in Smash and others figured he'd be in Melee, but he wasn't. Now he is in Brawl.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

:006: :002: :007: Pokemon Trainer says you fail. Honestly.

First off, I love how you can say you'd rather see him as an assist trophy, I love how every olimar hater uses that SAME response. Ok then, with the movesets and originality he CLEARLY displays, tell me why he'd make a better assist trophy. now, as far as your "better and more original characters go, LOL! I have nothing against 90% of them (Still not a megaman fan, but it doesnt matter) but NONE of them will be more original than Olimar.

Do you know what ORIGINAL means? It means the factor that makes one character very different than the others. AI, plus Picking the Ai up in order to use Smash attacks is not something well see in ANY upcoming character, and while some of the characters you listed would be great characters ,(LOL TOAD, PEaches B move LOL) like K. Rool, he doesnt bring anything nearly as original as Olimar does. Even Machspeed, a heavy K. Rool voucher, would agree with me on that one.

Second, you claim he shouldnt be in the game, yet you provide no decent reason, because guess what? There is none.

1. Created by Miyamoto
2. A great series (You said this yourself) that had yet to have any representation outside of two trophys in Melee.
3. He was one of the most popular characters on the boards.
4. Brought major originality to the game. You cant honestly say he doesnt look like fun to play. Honestly.

I dont know what your major malfunction is, but I believe I just proved you wrong.

darkspines35

Smash Rookie
Personally, I don't like Olimar, but I can't hate until I get to play the game as him. Who knows, I'll give him a chance, but he'll be the character I play as the least probally.

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Ya, that was pretty weird how people just started hating Sonic. It's unfortunate that you(darkspines35) don't like Captain Olimar. You are wise for not hating before you try him

metalink007

Smash Rookie
i would much rather have ridley in,
olimar and the pik things look like cardboard cut outs
i'll try him out but i just think he will be a stupid character like ness and lucas
well maybe a little better than them

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
i'll try him out but i just think he will be a stupid character like ness and lucas
i take personal offense to that shot at Ness.(he is amazing, and you know it). But where did that come from? the random earthbound hatred? you dislike olimar because he is different, and compare him to two arguably average characters? Would have been more convincing if you'd said PKMN TRNR or snake, that would have at least kept your logic straight.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
We'll just have to wait and see how he plays.

I'm going to main him, regardless.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
A disappointment? I'm very excited for him, and it looks like he will play uniquely as well.

Not disappointing in anyway.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
First off, you never played a Pikmin game, and its obvious, because you said "Pik things" I take personal offense to this, as these two games were some of my favorites ever.

I disagree that Ness and Lucas were stupid additions, and Olimar is nowhere near stupid.

Lucas and Ness have average movesets, Olimar's will be truly unique. Cardboard cutout =/= 3D, so your logic fails.

Geos88

Smash Cadet
When I first saw Olimar I was like...ok..... Seriously I wasn't really expected him and I really thought he would be an AT. What gets me mad about the update is that it is kind of a waste of space for a much better character. I really don't see people actually maining this fellow. And no I am not hoping for Geno or Ridley, mainly K. Rool.

aleps

Smash Apprentice
People who say Olimar sucks, present evidence to prove us wrong. His supporters show proof that he deserves his spot but those who just say "he would be ok as an AT" say something more that your opinion, please.

Olimar for Top Tier!!!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
New Idea: Don't like olimar? Dont' post here, and don't play as him. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom