• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is That Tournament: December 10th, 2011

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
This must be a really big weekend for everyone, because I also support having the tournament on Sunday (I have something to do on Saturday).

pewpewyou

Smash Journeyman
I think I can make it to this tournament haha. My first tournament in half of a year... time to get ranked again!

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I'll give you a hug and take you out to lunch.

It'll be like a platonic date.

Zoap

Smash Master
I love chinese food so I might have to go just for that.

Is there chinese near by?

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
We could always take a leisurely stroll downtown looking for one. You could talk about pokemon, and I could attempt to shut you up.

Doesnt that sound fun?

Manondorf

Smash Cadet
Anyone still looking for housing, feel free to hit me up. I have a big house all to myself in Salinas, about 30-45 minutes away from the venue. You must provide your ride to the tournament, however. I can easily accommodate 5+ people.

Ixninjax

Smash Journeyman
If anybody is coming from Sacramento and wants to carpool pls lemme know. I'm in Davis and I'll pitch in for gas if needed.

malva00

Smash Master
just looked at the info

the 522 doesn't run on sunday lol

too bad i'm going hiking on sunday, or i might go today instead we'll see

Walt

Smash Ace
Hah, I think when we did ganon dittos in tourney I lost 1-2? I'd prob go falcon if we were playing seriously.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
just looked at the info

the 522 doesn't run on sunday lol

too bad i'm going hiking on sunday, or i might go today instead we'll see
think the 22 runs on sundays, though i know it is not as fast

modified schedule: doubles starts at noon, singles tbd

no idea when doubles will finish, hoping b/t 2 and 2:30, but obv it will depend on number of entrants and what not. not going to put down a time for singles, but just know that it will start shortly after doubles ends. if you only plan to enter singles then i suggest being at the venue by 2:00, but again that's not firm. . .

we are not going to wait for people so please arrive on time, don't disappear, and be attentive. if you are running late and want to call someone and have yourself added to bracket (brandon/my phone # can be found in the op) then that is fine, but we won't delay the tournament. if you are mia when your match is called, then you'll be moved into losers/dq'ed.

don't mean to be a ****, and i apologize in advance if i come across that way at the tournament, but i just want to make sure that we finish in the allotted time so that we can stay in good graces with the owner and employees of the shop.

also, a reminder that venue fee is $4 tomorrow. same discounts as usual for (partial) setups

Walt

Smash Ace
were you the ganon player at the recent CGC that I went to?

if so, that was a fun pride set =D
Yeah that was me :D

peter and darrell and walt be getting hella better lately , we might see some upsets!
Is peter going? He told me yesterday he might be busy tomorrow and I haven't heard anything since.

I still don't have a ride from concord/the concord area so if anyone is rolling through there give me a call at 925-852-7095, I can give like a dollar or two for gas, however I have a full setup as usual and everyone likes that.

Walt

Smash Ace
I need a ride from Concord and I will give you a dollar or two for gas.

Priceless.
You may notice the rolling through part, implying not going out of your way, and I was prepared to go anywhere concord, ideally over to the mall parking lot which is like 20 feet from the freeway off ramp to san jose, so basically someone would get a few bucks for probably an extra 3 minutes of driving total.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
You may notice the rolling through part, implying not going out of your way, and I was prepared to go anywhere concord, ideally over to the mall parking lot which is like 20 feet from the freeway off ramp to san jose, so basically someone would get a few bucks for probably an extra 3 minutes of driving total.
Good argument : ) (provided that it's actually true).

Isn't it sad that bad things happen simply because people don't think about more options than the ones that they actually came up with? You, Walt, could be at the tournament, and have a great day, but only if someone thought of this before/on their way to the tournament, and decided to take the opportunity.

Oh well. Hope.

Walt

Smash Ace
I don't, but I also only have $7 to my name. Like, literally $7 and no job. So $2 being like, %30 of my total money is relatively meaningful to me. I currently will not be going to genesis because I don't have $20 for the entry fee.

pockyD

Smash Legend
my point is that you shouldn't have offered any gas money at all if it's not a reasonable amount

it'd be a charity case either way, but if you don't offer any money, the driver knows you're aware of it, whereas if you pay the token insufficient amount, you come across as not having any idea what anything costs and being entitled

Top Bottom