• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is That Tournament: December 10th, 2011

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Dajuan vs Zac's daughter in grand finals at genesis 34, Doc vs Shiek.

Calling it right here.

L__

Smash Master
there is that one special moment where I read something on the internet that makes me laugh irl

typing lol cannot express that

Thank you, Alan.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Alan I like your avatar now. I don't know what it means though so that may change if it symbolizes something dumb (fairly likely).

EDIT: Nevermind, you changed it to something dumb immediately after I posted.

I will probably be going to Apex as Alex Strife has asked me to be a TO for it. I am not yet sure if I will do that or just attend for fun, since the time/venue isn't set yet.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
See, I was fine with changing it the first time cuz it was little wack, but you're hating on POWER RANGERS?!

If you saw the first one it said "See you space cowboy" awesome quote from and awesome anime.

The second one was the uniform of the white ranger, but then I realized I liked him as the green ranger more.

Im also trying to make it Apex.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I only saw the second one, so my premonition of dumbness was quite prescient. I love Cowboy Bebop though.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
confirmed for july 30th

a few changes

• store closes at 7 now, so prob only bracket for singles, though we won't totally rule out pools. otherwise, we'll try to do amateur brackets, or maybe fun side tournies and stuff depending on the # of setups.
  • don't be late, we will not wait. don't disappear, we will dq you
  • venue fee is $4 now.

hope to see you there

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
b/c i was losing $/covering the total venue out of pocket

edit: we had solid turnouts, but not enough to cover the $100 fee, particularly after discounts. i'd say we average mid 30's maybe (prob generous)? that's barely over $100 right there

L__

Smash Master
oh okay

I'm taking top 3 at this tournament btw guys

and by top 3 I mean I'm winning

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I'm coming but I have to leave at about 3:45, should be enough time for me and whoever (Darrell?) to win some teams $$$ aw ye sup wid it.

I understand the venue fee increase but on the other hand if we only get the venue for 3/4 the time we used to, it would be nice if they only charged us 3/4 as much.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
agree, sheridan and working on it. i originally arranged the price w/the owner of the store, so i want to talk to him about it rather than the store manager. however, the owner is a lot harder to get in touch with. but yeah i agree and i think (hope lol?) he'll be sympathetic

Zoap

Smash Master
Im gonna try and show up.

Alan is that from the Ooze movie? If so that movie *****. Also Green Ranger>>>>>White Ranger.

Also don't be knocking Pokemon Gaara, **** gets mad salty.

Darrell go to Bobacks this week, I feel like playing but the dorms is stipid far.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Yesssss. I'll try to make this my second tournament ever. (got ***** repeatedly at Genesis lol)

Any dang good places to eat while I'm down there?

Top Bottom