• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Ah i missed the video with the Mewtwo said by the announcer.

Also i have thought about an other theme. What do you thin about the Battle Theme when monsters attack the boat in GS2

I love this theme also =)

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
The battle ship theme is awesome indeed. Heck, I love all the battle themes in Golden Sun, so for me they are all awesome.

In the 3DS version, the theme that play on the Lighthouse should be Isaac's Battle Theme and Venus Lighthouse Theme. Besides this two, you could also have Golden Sun's main theme playing in the Smash Run.

As for the Wii U version, besides this 3 themes, you could also choose Felix's Battle Theme, Jenna's Battle Theme, Saturos' Battle Theme, Walking Forward with Determination, Saturos & Menardi theme, Mars Lightouse Theme and Doom Dragon Theme.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
to people who say lana has to get over impa that is what everyone said about robin and lucina having to get over chrom, i actually think lana has a better chance than impa, she would better represent hyrule warriors, she is much more unique than impa and she is a nature character soemthing we have never seen in smash bros yet
Lana isn't a nature character of any sense of the word. She's a mage, but she's by no means a "nature" character, not even close. She has one weapon which summons nature-related things, but she herself has no connection to nature, and that was really just given to her to fill in the void of a nature based weapon that belonged to Saria.

I hate to say things like this, but the chances of Lana EVER becoming playable, or even being represented in Smash Bros. at all, are zero-to-nil (I hate to say it because I don't like saying something will "never" happen). Hyrule Warriors will never be seen as a true Zelda game, and anything exclusive to Hyrule Warriors will stay in Hyrule Warriors games in the future. We can barely get major Zelda characters to appear in future games, let alone characters from spinoffs, especially when said characters weren't even created by Nintendo.

Who is Lana?
A major character in Hyrule Warriors, a Zelda spinoff title that will never get referenced in any main games whatsoever (because Zelda spinoffs NEVER get referenced in the future). Lana will stay in Hyrule Warriors, and likely won't even ever appear as a trophy in Smash Bros.

As a huge Zelda fan, I can practically guarantee it, because this kind of thing has never happened before. The only characters that appear in future titles are Link, Zelda, Ganon(dorf), Impa, Tingle, and that's about it. SOME minor NPC's were reused in a few games early on between OOT and the Oracles, but main characters outside of the core cast of Link, Zelda, Ganon, and Impa basically never appear again, which annoys me to no end because my favorite Zelda character is Saria and Hyrule Warriors is honestly the one chance for her to appear again in the series... :p (Keep in mind that Darunia and Ruto never appeared outside of OOT--and later Hyrule Warriors--either.)

Anyway, back to GS... for some stupid reason this thing fell out of my Alerts. This keeps happening all the time and I don't know why; I know if it appears in Alerts and I don't check the thread it doesn't appear in Alerts until I check, but thing is, I never saw any Alerts since the last time I checked the thread.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
@ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman is mostly, though not wholly, correct. There are minor recurring characters throughout the series in some of the later games as well, such as Carlov, who reappears in Minish Cap, the knights from the Wind Waker games, who recur through their descendants (in much the same way Link and Zelda themselves do), Beedle, who shows back up in Skyward Sword, and a few others.

Really, the genealogy of the Zelda series is quite fascinating. Ganon is the eternal reincarnation of Demise's hatred determined to see Hyrule put to an end. Link and Zelda are the reincarnations of Link and Hylia, blessed to return to save Hyrule in its age of need. Impa is cursed by Demise to live out her role serving Zelda for all eternity. Skyward Sword explained that much. But a large fraction of Hyrule's population goes through the same cyclical reincarnation cycle, with little, if any, reason given for it.

Perhaps those with close ties to the hero, those who aid him on his quest, are reborn to help him in much the same way Impa is reborn to help Zelda?

Or maybe Nintendo just likes reusing popular characters.

But Lana does not have a chance of getting into Smash anytime soon. Third party characters, even from Nintendo franchises, need a heck of a lot more history and iconic status than a single (admittedly awesome) game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
@ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman is mostly, though not wholly, correct. There are minor recurring characters throughout the series in some of the later games as well, such as Carlov, who reappears in Minish Cap, the knights from the Wind Waker games, who recur through their descendants (in much the same way Link and Zelda themselves do), Beedle, who shows back up in Skyward Sword, and a few others.

Really, the genealogy of the Zelda series is quite fascinating. Ganon is the eternal reincarnation of Demise's hatred determined to see Hyrule put to an end. Link and Zelda are the reincarnations of Link and Hylia, blessed to return to save Hyrule in its age of need. Impa is cursed by Demise to live out her role serving Zelda for all eternity. Skyward Sword explained that much. But a large fraction of Hyrule's population goes through the same cyclical reincarnation cycle, with little, if any, reason given for it.

Perhaps those with close ties to the hero, those who aid him on his quest, are reborn to help him in much the same way Impa is reborn to help Zelda?

Or maybe Nintendo just likes reusing popular characters.

But Lana does not have a chance of getting into Smash anytime soon. Third party characters, even from Nintendo franchises, need a heck of a lot more history and iconic status than a single (admittedly awesome) game.
I am well aware of a few minor characters who made reappearances in future titles. My main point is that the biggest examples were between OOT and the Oracles. I was also thinking of Beedle as another example.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
*coughcoughxenobladecoughcough*

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
*coughcoughxenobladecoughcough*
Xenoblade's not third-party. Also, Shulk is the main character of the game. Lana is, admittedly, a major character in Hyrule Warriors, but not only is she created by a third-party, she is insignificant to the Zelda franchise as a whole. Lana has to compete with a huge franchise filled with characters people would love to see playable in Smash Bros.

In fact, Shulk is a good comparison to Isaac in that regard. Both franchises are first-party (arguably second-party, but technically second-party doesn't exist, its a made-up term) made by developers from outside of Nintendo. In the case of Camelot, they're a third-party that does exclusively Nintendo games and Nintendo owns a share of all the original games they've made for them (well, that's really just Golden Sun), and for Monolith, they were outside of Nintendo and were bought by Nintendo.

Who, from Xenoblade, was chosen? No competition, it was Shulk, the game's main character. From Golden Sun, the most important character is Isaac, the main character of the first game who was a main character in the second, and a major story character in the third.

Lana isn't a "main" character. She's a major character, but even if Nintendo 100% owns the rights (and that's not even known at this point), she has to compete with a huge backlog of Zelda characters with actual importance to the franchise. Any notion of "Lana" being a likely playable character in Smash AT ALL is a complete and total 100% fallacy and is totally misguided, let alone her being "more likely" than a significant character like Isaac. Lana isn't even likely to appear in Smash at all, let alone come anywhere near being even considered as a playable character.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Lana did wind up being a playable character eventually. Mostly because I really like what she did for the story of the franchise:
Being the first person apart from Ganondorf since his introduction to wield the Triforce of Power.

I am really, really sick of Ganondorf. Yes, OoT was a good game. Yes, he was a memorable villain. No, you don't have to have him be a boring recurring character in every single game in the franchise. Yugo was awesome. Vaati was awesome. They had some variety to them that the franchise sorely needed. Honestly, I'd like a game where we find that Ganondorf just retired to some tropical island somewhere and gave up because he was sick of getting beaten up by a kid in green tights every dozen years.

If she ever were to be included in Smash, it wouldn't be unless she had appeared in multiple games in the main series (and games made primarily by Nintendo).

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, here's a totally redundant question for the Isaac supporters; would you recommend Golden Sun?

One of my all-time favorite genres of video games are RPGs, and for the most part I thoroughly enjoy any kind of RPG I play (notable favorites of mine include Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade Chronicles). Based on that, do you think Golden Sun is a game I should check out?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, here's a totally redundant question for the Isaac supporters; would you recommend Golden Sun?

One of my all-time favorite genres of video games are RPGs, and for the most part I thoroughly enjoy any kind of RPG I play (notable favorites of mine include Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade Chronicles). Based on that, do you think Golden Sun is a game I should check out?
Absolutely 100% yes. I was a huge fan of RPG's long before I even heard of Golden Sun, which was mostly when I constantly heard it being talked about in the running up to Brawl. Especially if you're a fan of puzzle-heavy RPG's, such as Lufia II (one of my favorite RPG's of all time), which Golden Sun mixes up even better by having the exact same spells (Psynergy) you use in battle as what you use to solve puzzles (well, except for the hand psynergies, these are only used outside of battle). The only downside to Golden Sun is random battles, and sometimes it feels like there are too many. Thankfully random battles lessen when you're doing puzzles.

There's a lot of customization options with the Djinn system as well, which affect both stats and the kinds of Psynergy each character can use (although some Psynergy is exclusive to certain characters regardless of Djinn). The story is pretty decent as well, although character development is basically nonexistent. At least in the first one, anyway. I have heard that some of the characters do develop in The Lost Age, even Isaac.

Keep in mind, I'm not a diehard Golden Sun fan, as I've only played the first game, but its definitely an awesome game, and I really want to get The Lost Age once I get a Wii U (rather than emulate it :p).

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
At least in the first one, anyway. I have heard that some of the characters do develop in The Lost Age, even Isaac.

Keep in mind, I'm not a diehard Golden Sun fan, as I've only played the first game, but its definitely an awesome game, and I really want to get The Lost Age once I get a Wii U (rather than emulate it :p).
Oh I didn't know you hadn't played GS 2. I thought you were going to replay it....

I have to get the 2 games on the Wii U when I get the console though.

@ False Sense False Sense Yea definitely try Golden Sun, it is an amazing game for an RPG fan! It is really good and it has got various things going, especially the puzzle solving. Almost all dungeons have some sort of environmental puzzles involved with you solving them to get through the dungeon. Later on, you can create a shortcut for going through it again after solving it once.

And the Djinn and the various classes are a blast to experiment with. Plus the huge number of psynergy that you can use.

D

Deleted member

Who is Lana?
Rusev's manager/spokeswoman.

Oh, wrong Lana. :troll:

Ah i missed the video with the Mewtwo said by the announcer.
Also i have thought about an other theme. What do you thin about the Battle Theme when monsters attack the boat in GS2
I love this theme also =)
It's a nice theme, but as far as battle themes, I would absolutely love to have a metal-based version of Karst & Agatio's Battle Theme.

And, this is an Isaac thread... I'm cool talking 'bout other characters, but let's stick with the Venus Adept and his friends here.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It's a nice theme, but as far as battle themes, I would absolutely love to have a metal-based version of Karst & Agatio's Battle Theme.
Honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of their battle theme.

Battle themes in order that I'd like to hear them:

Saturos's
Isaac's
Jenna's
Doom Dragon's

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of their battle theme.

Battle themes in order that I'd like to hear them:

Saturos's
Isaac's
Jenna's
Doom Dragon's
Well, that's alright.

Anyway, they are gonna have a Nintendo Direct tomorrow announcing new Wii U and 3DS titles. It may not be very likely, but we may finally hear about a Golden Sun 4 since all the major Nintendo games have been wrapped up and we'll enter a period of the secondary tier getting their big breaks.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Would Camelot have anything to show at this point if they had been working on Golden Sun 4?
Depends when they started working on it. If they hadn't started until after the Mario Golf game, it'd probably still be too early to show.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Has anyone else been seeing the name "Isaac" a lot? I've been seeing it a lot which seems a bit strange. May be a sign but I doubt it! =O

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Would Camelot have anything to show at this point if they had been working on Golden Sun 4?
Would they need to show anything more than a title to get us hyped? :)

But they would probably have enough for a rough demo vid, like the Japanese one they had for Dark Dawn showing off Psynergy.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Has anyone else been seeing the name "Isaac" a lot? I've been seeing it a lot which seems a bit strange. May be a sign but I doubt it! =O
Yes but considering I frequently visit this thread that's not saying much.

I think Isaac has finally graduated to "character all the trolls think of to put in their fake leaks". I'm so proud.....and annoyed.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
The game would need to have been worked on for a while now if it's going to be releasing in the first part of 2015, which is what this Direct will be focusing on.

Seems unlikely.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, sadly, probably not. Granted, last year in a Direct supposed to focus on games coming out Early 2014, they showed off several games which still haven't been released yet, and they announced Hyrule Warriors, which didn't come out until about a month ago, so its possible, albeit, rather unlikely.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Now that I think of it, Shulk was announced because there was a Xenoblade remake coming to the New 3DS, so Camelot can also announce Golden Sun 4 and Isaac tags along in an awesome reveal. It is very unlikely, but one can still hope.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yeah, sadly, probably not. Granted, last year in a Direct supposed to focus on games coming out Early 2014, they showed off several games which still haven't been released yet, and they announced Hyrule Warriors, which didn't come out until about a month ago, so its possible, albeit, rather unlikely.
Well focusing on something doesn't imply that you're only going to deal with that something. People just assume it means that's all we'll get and nothing else.

They said it was a 50 fact extravaganza too, that's a far more blatant lie.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Now that I think of it, Shulk was announced because there was a Xenoblade remake coming to the New 3DS, so Camelot can also announce Golden Sun 4 and Isaac tags along in an awesome reveal. It is very unlikely, but one can still hope.
Yeah, although I still don't think Isaac would be announced now, and they might wait on a GS reveal. If they announce ANY DLC characters for Smash Bros., I'd bet on a DK character, because of the fact that DKC's 20th is coming up and there's been a rumored DK spinoff for some time now that could be announced. I also recall reading an interview that Nintendo plans to release a series of spinoffs this year for Nintendo's core franchises, which also implies DK to me. Now is the best time to announce something DK related.

I really, really do hope we get at least a tease for GS4, though.

D

Deleted member

Would they need to show anything more than a title to get us hyped? :)

But they would probably have enough for a rough demo vid, like the Japanese one they had for Dark Dawn showing off Psynergy.
I think just devoting 30 seconds to mentioning that a new Golden Sun RPG would be alright, even if it's just a logo and music.

I'd hype myself just by seeing that.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think just devoting 30 seconds to mentioning that a new Golden Sun RPG would be alright, even if it's just a logo and music.

I'd hype myself just by seeing that.
Let's be honest here. They could show the title and logo for a split second and we'd be doing somersaults all over the place.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I still can't believe that Isaac is still in this "race". This is INSANE! At least we can 100% confirm if he is an AT or not when the Wii U version hits.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Who is Lana?

This is Lana. :p

Yeah, although I still don't think Isaac would be announced now, and they might wait on a GS reveal. If they announce ANY DLC characters for Smash Bros., I'd bet on a DK character, because of the fact that DKC's 20th is coming up and there's been a rumored DK spinoff for some time now that could be announced. I also recall reading an interview that Nintendo plans to release a series of spinoffs this year for Nintendo's core franchises, which also implies DK to me. Now is the best time to announce something DK related.

I really, really do hope we get at least a tease for GS4, though.
Btw spin offs aren't they like something related to taking a character and making a game for them or something?

I'm saying this because King K Rool's trophy mentioned something odd, it said something about him having a change of heart, I'm not sure why it would even bring something like that up in the first place even if it is going to say probably not to remain skeptical about K Rool ever changing, but he's been doing nothing and you'd think its time to do something with K Rool.

How about a Golden Sun spin off starring Alex in a Zelda like adventure game, then have Alex the dlc character instead?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Oh yes *grins evily*, I forgot about that technique. The more destructive that nonbeleiver's punishment is, the better. Even Satauros would facepalm at the sight of that situation.
I think Cruel Ruin would be better.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

This is Lana. :p

Btw spin offs aren't they like something related to taking a character and making a game for them or something?

I'm saying this because King K Rool's trophy mentioned something odd, it said something about him having a change of heart, I'm not sure why it would even bring something like that up in the first place even if it is going to say probably not to remain skeptical about K Rool ever changing, but he's been doing nothing and you'd think its time to do something with K Rool.

How about a Golden Sun spin off starring Alex in a Zelda like adventure game, then have Alex the dlc character instead?
The only thing I read about K. Rool is a comment about how K. Rool "could" have been friends with DK, but that's not likely to ever happen. I would absolutely love a DK spinoff starring K. Rool, but only if he's kinda an anti-villain protagonist.

I just got told Lana was more likely than Isaac....
So... question... was it Cliffjumper who told you Lana was more likely than Isaac?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So... question... was it Cliffjumper who told you Lana was more likely than Isaac?
I saw that in the Official Character Discussion Thread, his predictions are flat out unrealistic. Not to be mean but Krystal being up there ONLY because there's a new Star Fox coming out is ridiculous. If that was the logic Sakurai went by we wouldn't be getting Mewtwo at all methinks.

Top Bottom