• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I saw that in the Official Character Discussion Thread, his predictions are flat out unrealistic. Not to be mean but Krystal being up there ONLY because there's a new Star Fox coming out is ridiculous. If that was the logic Sakurai went by we wouldn't be getting Mewtwo at all methinks.
Every since it got all the way into late Summer and we still didn't have a second Star Fox character, any chance I saw in Krystal becoming playable was dead honestly. Right now we have to wait for Wolf to get back first, and yes, Star Fox is getting a new game, but people keep forgetting about all the other games that haven't been announced yet. Getting one new game in a franchise that's been dead for ten years doesn't instantly mean we're going to get a boatload of characters from said franchise. In fact, Star Fox U is probably going to be Wolf's saving grace; he was likely planned to be cut before Sakurai was aware of Star Fox U, and Wolf will probably come back to promote it.

And I still legitimately think GS4 is in development as well. I doubt it'll get announced yet, but I'd bet GS content was removed so it could be added later as DLC to promote an upcoming GS game.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Glad to see tons more activity around the thread. I am doubtful, but if I see even a glimpse of Golden Sun in this latest Direct, I would go berserk with happiness. Probably the whole crowd around this thread too :p I would just love that surprise and nothing could possibly supersede that.

If not, then we always have next year. Now that DLC looks very likely, I am sure that Isaac would be confirmed whenever we see a glimpse GS4, even the splash screen. Can't wait for an epic adventure, a game that truly makes the Golden Sun "rise" again after all those years. Plus Isaac as Smash DLC would make Smash 4 game perfect for me ;)

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Even if the show the logo, the title or just put the main theme with some picture would be enough to be hyped and happy like hell !

We will se tonight if there is some chance about a GS anouncement ^^

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Glad to see tons more activity around the thread. I am doubtful, but if I see even a glimpse of Golden Sun in this latest Direct, I would go berserk with happiness. Probably the whole crowd around this thread too :p I would just love that surprise and nothing could possibly supersede that.

If not, then we always have next year. Now that DLC looks very likely, I am sure that Isaac would be confirmed whenever we see a glimpse GS4, even the splash screen. Can't wait for an epic adventure, a game that truly makes the Golden Sun "rise" again after all those years. Plus Isaac as Smash DLC would make Smash 4 game perfect for me ;)
The thing is, when we do get Golden Sun 4, we're probably going to hear about it in a Direct first. It's a Nintendo franchise, and they like to show those off in the Directs (just look at Zelda U or Xenoblade Chronicles 3D). So it's just a question of when.

Hopefully today. Please?

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yea definitely. Hopefully today.

Nintendo giving us pleasant surprises will be great to create hype for the games involved!

GS4 please :) It would be mindblasting as a home console game but it is a handheld franchise and even on 3DS it would be absolutely amazing!

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
I remember how I broke down in tears of joy when I first heard the Tolbi bound ship-theme playing during the very first announcement of Dark Dawn. To think that was so long ago now, incredible. Nonetheless, my reaction would most likely be the same. Only that I'm older now, with a viking-like full beard. Would be fun as hell watching me shed a tear or two.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yea definitely. Hopefully today.

Nintendo giving us pleasant surprises will be great to create hype for the games involved!

GS4 please :) It would be mindblasting as a home console game but it is a handheld franchise and even on 3DS it would be absolutely amazing!
Its possible they might have to wait longer to show it off. Plus, if they are developing GS4, Isaac would basically be a near-guaranteed DLC character in pretty much everyone's eyes (right now his a near-guaranteed DLC character in many people's eyes), so they might want to wait longer to show it off, perhaps at least until after Smash Wii U is out, like around February they can announce DLC packs.

I'd absolute love a GS4 reveal today, but I'm keeping my mind open for the possibility of it not happening just yet. (I do think its probably in development, though, but it'd be in early development.)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Its possible they might have to wait longer to show it off. Plus, if they are developing GS4, Isaac would basically be a near-guaranteed DLC character in pretty much everyone's eyes (right now his a near-guaranteed DLC character in many people's eyes), so they might want to wait longer to show it off, perhaps at least until after Smash Wii U is out, like around February they can announce DLC packs.

I'd absolute love a GS4 reveal today, but I'm keeping my mind open for the possibility of it not happening just yet. (I do think its probably in development, though, but it'd be in early development.)
Don't worry. Keeping mind open.

Still hoping though :)

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I had a dream the other night that Isaac, Mewtwo, and K.Rool were revealed in the same video. All three of them were standing atop a mountain, shrouded in dark, staring down at Mario and a few other Smash fighters--similar to Mega Man's trailer.

Anyhow, I look forward to what Smash-related material will be discussed in tonight's Direct, assuming there will be any. Here's hoping we'll hear something Golden Sun-related.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
I think tonight they will show the Duck Hunt Dog trailer for Smash. I would love to see any information about Golden Sun 4 so let's see :D

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The Nintendo Direct is almost upon us. If Super Smash Brothers is mentioned then hopefully none of the news and things in SSB4 will hurt our Earth Adept's chances.

Good luck my fellow Adepts! :)

D

Deleted member

Welp, Duck Hunt Dog finally got his trailer, so that's that.

From here on out, anything about Smash Bros. will be NEW.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Well, no Golden Sun related news, but Duck Hunt Duo got their trailer, so let's hope that new trailers we see from now on feature new characters (because Dark Pit doesn't deserve a standalone trailer).

D

Deleted member

Well, no Golden Sun related news, but Duck Hunt Duo got their trailer, so let's hope that new trailers we see from now on feature new characters (because Dark Pit doesn't deserve a standalone trailer).
Amen to that comment.

From here on out, we are gonna get new stuff.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It's important to note that no newcomer DLC character has yet to be confirmed so I don't expect any more newcomer trailers at the moment. Maybe when further DLC is announced sometime later next year.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Welp, Duck Hunt Dog finally got his trailer, so that's that.

From here on out, anything about Smash Bros. will be NEW.
Well there is Mewtwo on the way, so it might not be "new new". Do you think the next direct (probably in January) will have a Mewtwo trailer + footage?

Hasn't every direct in recent times revealed a character? (Whether it was a newcomer or veteran) If that were to continue then it would mean Mewtwo will possibly be in the next direct.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well that Direct was fairly good.

And it actually gave me more hope in a roundabout manner. They didn't talk much about Smash at all, just about Amiibo and the Duck Hunt trailer. So as you guys said, everything from now on will be new. Plus them not talking about Smash just means that now is just not the time for DLC announcements. Nothing hurt Isaac's chances at all.

Additionally, they didn't mention some games such as Mario Maker, Zelda U and SMT x FE. So I am guessing that there will be a Direct soon after the year ends, where they might throw more surprises on us.

On a side note, I loved what I saw of Xenoblade Chronicles X, I am so pumped up! So epic and amazing! FFXV will be blown out of the water. Can't wait to see what Nintendo does with GS4, especially if it is on the Wii U. For the 3DS game, STEAM sounds interesting.

Anyway, looks like our wait will continue for a while longer. Here's to good times for Earth adept ahead!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well that Direct was fairly good.

And it actually gave me more hope in a roundabout manner. They didn't talk much about Smash at all, just about Amiibo and the Duck Hunt trailer. So as you guys said, everything from now on will be new. Plus them not talking about Smash just means that now is just not the time for DLC announcements. Nothing hurt Isaac's chances at all.

Additionally, they didn't mention some games such as Mario Maker, Zelda U and SMT x FE. So I am guessing that there will be a Direct soon after the year ends, where they might throw more surprises on us.

On a side note, I loved what I saw of Xenoblade Chronicles X, I am so pumped up! So epic and amazing! FFXV will be blown out of the water. Can't wait to see what Nintendo does with GS4, especially if it is on the Wii U. For the 3DS game, STEAM sounds interesting.

Anyway, looks like our wait will continue for a while longer. Here's to good times for Earth adept ahead!
Last year they had a Direct in February. I'm betting that's when we'll hear more announcements. We'll probably also get confirmation that SMT X FE will support Amiibo, otherwise there's not any other FE-related games in the near future to support the FE Amiibos.

Anyway, yeah, I wasn't expecting a GS4 announcement just yet. I'd say its still too early. Considering the trend (which could possibly be broken), if DLC is confirmed I'd bet a veteran newcomer DLC announcement in February, and later on a new franchise newcomer DLC announcement. Assuming they stick with the trend.

I don't expect a GS4 announcement until at least E3, give Camelot at least a year to work on it first.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Last year they had a Direct in February. I'm betting that's when we'll hear more announcements. We'll probably also get confirmation that SMT X FE will support Amiibo, otherwise there's not any other FE-related games in the near future to support the FE Amiibos.

Anyway, yeah, I wasn't expecting a GS4 announcement just yet. I'd say its still too early. Considering the trend (which could possibly be broken), if DLC is confirmed I'd bet a veteran newcomer DLC announcement in February, and later on a new franchise newcomer DLC announcement. Assuming they stick with the trend.

I don't expect a GS4 announcement until at least E3, give Camelot at least a year to work on it first.
Well a GS4 announcement would probably be best at E3 with maximum coverage and all the bells and whistles they can put into it. We are just impatient for getting Isaac in Smash as soon as possible :p Plus a GS4 would really give us tons of new stuff to talk about and make us almost 100% sure of Isaac.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well a GS4 announcement would probably be best at E3 with maximum coverage and all the bells and whistles they can put into it. We are just impatient for getting Isaac in Smash as soon as possible :p Plus a GS4 would really give us tons of new stuff to talk about and make us almost 100% sure of Isaac.
It really does depend. If they announce DLC in the next Direct (February probably), GS4 is in development and Isaac is planned as DLC, they'd probably want to announce the game at the same time as the DLC. So yeah, its just a waiting game.

Arteen

Smash Lord
If the likes of Rayman and Commander Video can get trophies, Golden Sun better get something.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well Rayman was one thing but if Commander Video gets a trophy and there's no Golden Sun content at all in the Wii U version that's going to stink like nobody's business.

We'll be getting an answer on 21st of November. We just have to see if it's a good or bad one.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Title should now be: "Okay Isaac, please reveal yourself, it is not funny anymore."

*Still hoping for Isaac being playable.*

If the likes of Rayman and Commander Video can get trophies, Golden Sun better get something.
Considering that Prince Sable and Takamaru are both Assist Trophies and are Japanese Exclusives, whereas Golden Sun is more well known internationally than those two, then of course Nintendo would give Golden Sun at least something.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Has anyone seen @N30N as of recent?
She's seems to have been extremely inactive since the avatar change.
Checking on N30N's profile I found this:

Last Activity: Oct 20, 2014
The avatar change is the same one from The Forgotten All-Stars Alliance so it is the same person.

Something is up and I hope N30N is ok.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Checking on N30N's profile I found this:

Last Activity: Oct 20, 2014
The avatar change is the same one from The Forgotten All-Stars Alliance so it is the same person.

Something is up and I hope N30N is ok.
N30N found proof of Isaac's playability but the Nintendo anti-leak squad found out. They'll let N30N go when the official reveal trailer comes out.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
N30N found proof of Isaac's playability but the Nintendo anti-leak squad found out. They'll let N30N go when the official reveal trailer comes out.
Hopefully that is the case and no serious action follows against N30N.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Guys wrong profile.

Its @ N3ON N3ON

Recent activity:

N3ON has a new avatar.
Monday at 3:05 AM

Wow, we are now stalking her profile...

But yes, I guess that is the case. She will have to sneak back to us to tell us that Isaac is in.

But her last activity was before the Direct on Monday. Plus she probably had to remove her avatar because of the same reason as above. Suspicious.... :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is this true? Though, she did remove her avatar and everything.

Forgive me... I'm a slow person in real life.

Rayman I can appreciate since I am a huge fan of his games, but Commander Video still confuses me. Golden Sun deserves more than that.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Guys wrong profile.

Its @ N3ON N3ON

Recent activity:

N3ON has a new avatar.
Monday at 3:05 AM

Wow, we are now stalking her profile...

But yes, I guess that is the case. She will have to sneak back to us to tell us that Isaac is in.

But her last activity was before the Direct on Monday. Plus she probably had to remove her avatar because of the same reason as above. Suspicious.... :p
I cannot I believe I missed that....

Thanks for catching it.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Is this true? Though, she did remove her avatar and everything.

Forgive me... I'm a slow person in real life.
Yes, it is absolutely true! N3ON now has to battle the Nintendo anti-leak squad in some rounds of Smash Bros. 4 before she can come back to break the good news to us. This will be concurrent with Isaac for Smash 4 reveal trailer.

:joyful:

Ok, now to wait till the next (surprise) announcement. I want Isaac in Smash 4 already >.<

Last edited:

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
The Commander Video trophy seems more symbolic of Nintendo showing their support and gratitude towards indies than the character or series itself being of super notable importance. And indies as a whole are more important than most of Nintendo's c-list series.

The only content I expect is the GS track in Norfair and the Isaac trophy.
I'm going to keep my expectations low for this franchise.
Yeah but for as biased as some in this thread might be for Isaac, you're pretty biased against Isaac.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
wait what? Sorry i didn't understand all (my english isn't perfect sorry xD) Isaac has been proved as playable?

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Is this because N3ON hasn't been active for less than a week?

That's... nothing...

Top Bottom