• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
But still that is a ton of tracks. Plus having the Golden Sun theme without a single trophy or no Isaac AT still seems really off.

So Golden Sun has not been forgotten. And I still think Isaac will make it.

Last edited:

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
So there is GS content. That means it's not like there are licensing problems for that IP or anything. Isaac is just missing as an AT...

Suspicious.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
NOW! Isaac disappearing is seem suspicious.

Like really suspicious, for REAL this time. I gonna wait when anyone who got the game earlier unlock all the assist trophy and trophy.

And that moment we need to :4sonic:Step it Up! The moment of true is more closer than we know! The true fate of every-single Assist Trophy and Isaac real role.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
It's the days of truth again. I don't know how to feel about the song on Norfair returning. Now, if we got word that Isaac is indeed missing from the Wii U version as well, the speculation would be bigger than ever before. But we'll have to wait and see, at least we now have that laughable "Camelot didn't allow any GS content"-rumour debunked.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I don't like the fact that Golden Sun's music is returning to Norfair, I mean, why would they put a music from a franchise into another franchise if that franchise didn't have any major representative?
However, we saw Camelot credited in the characters section, so I hope my worries don't come true.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I don't like the fact that Golden Sun's music is returning to Norfair, I mean, why would they put a music from a franchise into another franchise if that franchise didn't have any major representative?
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but they'd put music from another franchise in a stage from a different franchise because that first franchise doesn't have any major representation.

Better we got GS music on a non-GS stage than no GS music.

However, we saw Camelot credited in the characters section, so I hope my worries don't come true.
I believe Camelot was just listed under studios that contributed assets, which they did with some Tennis/Golf content.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
They put that song right in the same stage it was in Brawl..... seems legit

So there is GS content. That means it's not like there are licensing problems for that IP or anything. Isaac is just missing as an AT...

Suspicious.
Suspicious indeed. This and the complete lack of GS trophies in the 3DS version also makes a GS character, stage and lots of songs a likely possibility.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm kinda surprised they didn't move the track to Gaur Plain.

Not exactly great to see, but I suppose if regular trophies didn't deconfirm characters for dlc then this isn't unsurmountable either.

You know, we shouldn't get carried away here.....one of my more stronger beliefs was that there wouldn't be Golden Sun content exclusive to the console version. It just seemed absurd, yet here we are.

Sad to say, Isaac being an unlockable assist trophy exclusive to the Wii U is a real possibility now.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Sad to say, Isaac being an unlockable assist trophy exclusive to the Wii U is a real possibility now.
That can't be, in fact, that wouldn't even make the minimal sense, I know Sakurai likes to troll fans, but he at least does it with some sense, but in this case... Dammit, I hope that this doesn't became the same s*** it was in Brawl.

Let's hope that the fact that the Wii U has more starting characters is because there are more characters to unlock than it was in the 3DS version and Isaac is one of theme. He belongs to handhelds and being a console exclusive wouldn't make any sense, so let's hope for the best.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
That can't be, in fact, that wouldn't even make the minimal sense, I know Sakurai likes to troll fans, but he at least does it with some sense, but in this case... Dammit, I hope that this doesn't became the same s*** it was in Brawl.

Let's hope that the fact that the Wii U has more starting characters is because there are more characters to unlock than it was in the 3DS version and Isaac is one of theme. He belongs to handhelds and being a console exclusive wouldn't make any sense, so let's hope for the best.
Mmm I'm holding out hope but the fact there's a Golden Sun track on the Wii U version and not the 3ds version is already setting alarm bells off in my head.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda surprised they didn't move the track to Gaur Plain.

Not exactly great to see, but I suppose if regular trophies didn't deconfirm characters for dlc then this isn't unsurmountable either.

You know, we shouldn't get carried away here.....one of my more stronger beliefs was that there wouldn't be Golden Sun content exclusive to the console version. It just seemed absurd, yet here we are.

Nahh. The GS track being on the Wii U is only because the stage the track played on last time happens to be returning on the Wii U, and Norfair keeping its previous tracks does make sense (regardless of how much sense a GS track on Norfair makes). On the other hand, Isaac being a Wii U exclusive AT doesn't.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Oi don't get your mood down guys. This may be a good news for all we know. Cause then we can get the Venus Lighthouse theme on the Venus Lighthouse stage :p

Plus as @ Dizzy_Fool Dizzy_Fool said it is probably just an import of past tracks and past stages causing this.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Nahh. The GS track being on the Wii U is only because the stage the track played on last time happens to be returning on the Wii U, and Norfair keeping its previous tracks does make sense (regardless of how much sense a GS track on Norfair makes). On the other hand, Isaac being a Wii U exclusive AT doesn't.
Were any of the brawl songs ported to the 3ds version as purely Smash Run tracks?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I can't remember, are some tracks used on multiple stages?
No, they're only on one stage each.

I suppose it's possible that Golden Sun track will stay on Norfair regardless of what happens going forward. It's not a great comparison but the Wooly World stage has two Mario & Luigi tracks when they could have been on actual Mario stages.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
While him being a Wii U exclusive Assist Trophy certainly is a possibility, is really begs the question of why he couldn't be one on the 3ds version as well. There is the argument that he caused the game to lag, but come on. In a game that easily processes the likes of Trophy Rush, 4 Falcon Punches, and, hell, even Master Core's Sword Form, a simple Hand that moves from side to side wouldn't nearly be enough to do anything at all.

Also, while trophies have no impact on whether a character could be playable, there is or was no reason to cut Isaac's trophy either. I can see Ridley's missing trophy as some kind of Sakurai-troll, but that we've had no Golden Sun content altogether just rubs me the wrong way.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Why be worried? All this proves is that there is still GS content in Smash.

Wii U exclusive characters aren't a thing, and if he's DLC then he'd probably get a whole stage full of songs in a few months. This is just one track returning on the same stage because there's no GS stage atm.

If anything it just makes his absence more suspicious.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Come on guys don't feel bad about this! The way I see it, it's good news because it shows they haven't forgotten about Golden Sun or decided it's not important anymore. I don't know if this is good or bad for Isaac's chances to be playable but I think it at least might mean he's still going to be an assist or a trophy. Sure those aren't the best scenarios but just yesterday it looked like there was NOTHING from Golden Sun in either version. Even if Isaac ends up as an assist trophy again which would probably mean he wouldn't be roster DLC, at least he'd still be in the game, and they could still bring in Matthew or even adult Isaac. Don't give up on him yet!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Why be worried? All this proves is that there is still GS content in Smash.

Wii U exclusive characters aren't a thing, and if he's DLC then he'd probably get a whole stage full of songs in a few months. This is just one track returning on the same stage because there's no GS stage atm.

If anything it just makes his absence more suspicious.
His absence could just be him being a secret unlockable assist trophy.

You make it sound like we know he's not in the game.....

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
His absence could just be him being a secret unlockable assist trophy.

You make it sound like we know he's not in the game.....
Well I don't think he is in the game. He could be an unlockable AT, but I still don't see why he wouldn't be on both version if that was the case. The 3DS had unlockable Pokemon.

Personally I don't even think we'll get exclusive ATs. Sakurai never said for sure we would, just that we might.

I do think he has a good shot at being DLC though.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It still doesn't make sense to make Isaac's AT Wii U exclusive. Yeah, the possibility is there, but its a flimsy argument at best.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isaac getting confirmed as a newcomer via awesome trailer before the game release would be epic.
IF there are more characters in the game right now (which I'm not sure about), I am positive that they wouldn't be announced before release. They did the same with the 3DS unlockables as well.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I already said as much, but if there are exclusive characters on the Wii U, it makes no sense not to promote them.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
IF there are more characters in the game right now (which I'm not sure about), I am positive that they wouldn't be announced before release. They did the same with the 3DS unlockables as well.
But you have to consider the scenario that Smash 3DS was never advertised as THE conclusive version of Smash 4. It was always advertised as the portable Smash whereas Smash on Wii U is now being emphasised as definitive. Thus they have already revealed all of the characters.

Thus I believe that if there are hidden characters, they will be advertised before release. But how close I don't know.

I am with @ JohnnySparkxs JohnnySparkxs , I want Isaac in an epic reveal trailer with Golden Sun music flaring in the background. Plus Isaac beats up everyone with his psynergy :p

Last edited:

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I doubt we'll be getting another promotional streaming event before release, if they were going to show more characters, I think the time was in the 50-fact or normal Directs that just happened.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I really hate to say this, but the ones who got the game early were able to show the full roster. http://i.imgur.com/kfWIyxE.png?1

Now, before we say anything, I want to say that there is still hope. For one, why keep some AT's and trophies hidden still? Doesn't make sense. Would say more, but I'm caught playing Destiny at the moment. lol

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I really hate to say this, but the ones who got the game early were able to show the full roster. http://i.imgur.com/kfWIyxE.png?1

Now, before we say anything, I want to say that there is still hope. For one, why keep some AT's and trophies hidden still? Doesn't make sense. Would say more, but I'm caught playing Destiny at the moment. lol
Yeah, I saw it. There's still gotta be something weird with the unlockables in this game or Nintendo wouldn't be so secretive about it. Either way, I don't think Isaac will be an AT. One idea I thought of, though. Maybe there's in game unlockables that show off what the future DLC characters will be (if there are any)? That's a possibility I'd say. We have not heard about anything new yet, though, so its probably the case that the embargo prevents them from revealing anything that so far hasn't been announced.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Are people surprised by that?

Ever since the roster first leaked in its entirely the hope has pretty much lied with DLC, where it still lies. And where's there a decent chance of getting Isaac.

For one, why keep some AT's and trophies hidden still?
How do you know some ATs are still hidden?

And if they are, and if trophies are still hidden, it's probably so people can experience unlocking them for themselves... same reason the unlockable characters were still hidden after the 3DS launch...

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

Hmm, looks like there's room in there for two more, if you count the Mii Fighters. [Shrugs] Though, they could always just shrink the portraits to make more room.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hmm, looks like there's room in there for two more, if you count the Mii Fighters. [Shrugs] Though, they could always just shrink the portraits to make more room.
Lol, they can easily expand it even wider if they really wanted to. If they don't expand by a column, they can add two more characters. If they do expand it they could add six characters, and they could shrink them down and add a whole new row. Obviously I don't expect so much stuff, but people trying to judge potential future candidates based on roster layout alone is not a good idea.

Top Bottom