• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
I really hope Issac is in, he's so unique with his Venus Psynergy+Sword Fighting. Also if he is in I hope they bring some much from his game, The Main Battle theme and, Satruous(sp) Battle theme would be amazing.

I also Rather like Oddessey for his final smash, but it would seem to be a bit broken the way I imagine it though. Two swords crashing into the bottm and top of the stage at an angle, then Issac rushing forward with His giant Mega-sized sword.
Those are my two favourite themes in the game :laugh:

I still think that his Final Smash should be a Summon, because how else would they show up - after all they are integral to the battle system and deserve to be represented along with Isaac. They could be Assist Trophies I guess, but I don't really see that happening. I say keep Judgement or Iris as his Final Smash, assuming he is in.

Dave

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Judgement would be awesome, but I don't see how it'd work... Would it be like Samus's FS, just vertical instead of horizontal?

Aside from the "beam" of it, there's also the explosion to follow, it'd seem overpowered to me.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Judgement would be awesome, but I don't see how it'd work... Would it be like Samus's FS, just vertical instead of horizontal?

Aside from the "beam" of it, there's also the explosion to follow, it'd seem overpowered to me.
Yes, most likely, as the resulting blast would have to encompass a relatively large area. Perhaps the beam wouldn't do damage, just be for visual effect. The resulting blast could do the most to least damage from the center to the outwards area of the blast respectively. To avoid the main brunt of the damage, the opponent would have to jump?

I'm really not sure. Another great thing about Isaac is that they can get really creative with his Final Smash as well :chuckle:

Lets all just hope Sakurai feels the need to add him, with or without a sequel :bigthumbu

Dave

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oh, wait...

It could be like the Bullet Bills on the Princess Peach's Castle stage from Melee! I'd just think it should have a considerably bigger range, and be more powerful. The initial "beam" if the opponent is standing in it, it would cause damage like the Bullet Bills did before they exploded.

Do you see where I'm going with this? I hope so, I'm kind of bad at explaining things.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Oh, wait...

It could be like the Bullet Bills on the Princess Peach's Castle stage from Melee! I'd just think it should have a considerably bigger range, and be more powerful.
Yes, something like that, but cooler :laugh:. When Judgement is up in the air charging the attack, I think his beam should be aimable, just before he fires it, so you can focus fire on an area of the stage. Providing of course that the blast radius isn't that large, otherwise I could see it being a little broken.

Iris could be an alternative, seeing as it's the ultimate summon in The Lost Age. But I can't really see it working, especially the part about launching the opponent into the sun :laugh:

I say stick with Judgement - pure Venus summon suits Isaac more as well.

EDIT: Ah yeah, I see exactly what you mean, thats a great idea. If opponents are caught in the beam, they receive cumulative damage, before the blast goes off. I think?

Dave

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord

I was thinking it would be more like Pualetena in Pits final smash where you'd see the Judgment guy in the background and blast the stage.:cool:

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking it would be more like Pualetena in Pits final smash where you'd see the Judgment guy in the background and blast the stage.:cool:
Well essentially that is the idea we're both getting at I think. Judgement blasts the stage from the background and then look at our ideas for what happens next :chuckle:

Dave

Ispy4Pie

Smash Rookie
Nice Move set guys. I finally found the thread for Isaac. :laugh:

Well, yeah, Isaac isn't just "another sword fighter" I have the game, He uses his Psyenergy more than his sword, contrary to belief. It would be great if he was in.

Move Set bits

B: Normally i think this should be Ragnarok. When used, this massive sword just flys from the sky and crashes into the enemy (enemies). I think it SHOULD be able to charge up.

B+>: I think this would fit for maybe Flint. He charges and does a quick swipe, or he jumps up and delievers a hard blow to the head. Either would work. If not use Dinjin, then this move can be something like spire, where a huge Stalgmite or Stalagtite pops outta the ground or outta his sword and hits an enemy.

B+^: This one, is kinda tricky, considering Isaac is an Earth adept. Probably you can have him do Meggido, in which he jumps up and smacks a meteor onto a small portion of the stage. You could incorperate him with Planet Diver and the second version of it, but i think those are Fire not earth Psy...Yea im totally for sticking him with ONLY earth. Although other elements would do...

B+V: Most likely to be Quake, Quake Sphere, Gia, or even Grand Gia. For the quakes, the floor around him will like turn jumpy and shake alot, giving the players around him a quick shock, jump, stun, even a small paralaysis. If thats how you spell it. Anyway, the Gias would be like a circle forms around him and a bunch of rocks burst from the ground upwards. Later they would fall back down causing more damage if you walked under them.

Well, I know some people dont agree with sticking him with Earth, but I find it logical. Considering that in the beginning, he STARTED as an Earth adept. You know, I don't like this move set much, but I find it logical. Meggido, kinda kills it...

Isaac isn't incredibly weak, so making him mostly magic with a sword isn't a great idea. Putting Dinjin to change his ablities sounds funny and annoying to most issac players. :psycho::psycho:

Find anything wrong or contradicting? Well...yea... Anyway, it's good to know that there are Isaac for SSBB Supporters around instead of it just being me and my friend. Good to see yeall. Oh and Mia would be an interesting addition for some of you who wrote about adding Mia. I don't know which Mia, but I suspect its the Mia in GS. She would be kinda odd though, considering she's primarily a healer in both GS games. Sounds like fun to whack em with a mace or a staff though. :chuckle: Alrighty, i think i have talked enough.:laugh:

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Hey did anyone else see Camelot is developing a Golf game for Wii. Maybe not Golden Sun but it's at least good to see they're back! Who knows what could;d happen in the future...

Eagle

Smash Lord
I'm surprised you didn't make the grabs his psynergy of the hand just reaching out and grabbing the opponent, with links clawshot range.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised you didn't make the grabs his psynergy of the hand just reaching out and grabbing the opponent, with links clawshot range.
I don't know if that was directed at me, but yes your quite correct.
You could use the catch pysnergy as a grab. Once again, there are many possibilities for a moveset. Isaac has so much potential. I'm sure, if they were to include him, he would hopefully have a wonderful, exotic and flashy moveset true to the Golden Sun games.

Dave

Arteen

Smash Lord
Hey did anyone else see Camelot is developing a Golf game for Wii. Maybe not Golden Sun but it's at least good to see they're back! Who knows what could;d happen in the future...
Where's the source? I haven't heard anything about them in a while, so this is good news.

I'm sure, if they were to include him, he would hopefully have a wonderful, exotic and flashy moveset true to the Golden Sun games.
I would love to see Isaac full of flashy moves in Brawl, just like in Golden Sun. That game is so beautiful for a GBA game, and full of great effects.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Sweet! I heard about their work on that online game and shift away from Nintendo, so I was worried that they wouldn't be developing for Nintendo anymore. It's great to hear that they're back, even if it's just another golf game.

Anyways I don't think Brawl will have more than Isaac, if Golden Sun even gets representation, but if Golden Sun had one more rep, there are a few characters who would work well:
Felix: He would be easy to include as a clone of Isaac.
Ivan or Sheba: Neither are physcially strong, but they each have a lot of potential with their wind and lightning magic. I could see them as very quick, agile, floaty, evasive characters.
Alex: Villain who would primarily use water and ice attacks. These elements are under-represented in Brawl, but there is a lot of potential with them.
Mia: I could see her as similar to Ivan and Sheba, but slower and with ice/water moves. Besides, she can jump pretty high, so she's definitely agile enough.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Having Alex in the game would be over the top awesome.

Too bad we'll be lucky if we get any Golden Sun character at all. :(

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Having Alex in the game would be over the top awesome.

Too bad we'll be lucky if we get any Golden Sun character at all. :(
I fear without a game in the works, their chances are slim, yet I only hope sakurai is well aware of what the characters and game are about, because then i'm sure they will intrigue him enough to warrant him putting even one of them in Brawl.

Dave

interfear1

Smash Cadet
I hope they bring someone from Golden Sun, if the characters of Fire Emblem came, why not the people of GS?

Arteen

Smash Lord
I hope they bring someone from Golden Sun, if the characters of Fire Emblem came, why not the people of GS?
Why not indeed. Of course, FE is much more popular and has more games, but both GS games did release internationally and were well-received. And the GS characters are all much more than generic sword fighters. They have a wide array of elemental and telekinetic attacks. And if the SSBB team wanted, they could give any of the GS characters a good moveset that doesn't even use their weapons.

You have to admit that that's pretty cool. Isaac (Robin) for Brawl! :)

Sinn

Smash Lord
How have I not posted in this thread yet?

Isaac is another one of those characters that I've wanted them to put in since Melee. I really hope he gets in, and I would imagine his chances aren't too shabby at all.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
How have I not posted in this thread yet?

Isaac is another one of those characters that I've wanted them to put in since Melee. I really hope he gets in, and I would imagine his chances aren't too shabby at all.
was Golden Sun out before Melee? I'm curios to see Isaac's hair work in 3d, it just seems to be soo spikey no matter the angle

Sinn

Smash Lord
I think so, but if not since Melee then shortly thereafter. I just recall when Melee had been established for a while, and IGN was doing an article on "OMG THE POTENTIAL BEST SMASH GAME EVER" way before Brawl was ever announced, I thought to myself...I want Isaac in the game!

And on the hair thing, I give you this:

Arteen

Smash Lord
Yes, Golden Sun was released shortly before Melee.* Of course, Isaac wouldn't have had a shot in Melee, but he better be in Brawl!

Golden Sun:
JP August 1, 2001
NA November 11, 2001

Melee:
JP November 21, 2001
NA December 3, 2001

*according to Wikipedia

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Gah! Why haven't I posted here!

Isaac for Brawl.

Also, here's my moveset I made that was posted in Wiseguy's thread. Enjoy?

Isaac

Potential moveset by O D I N:

Height: 2/5
Weight: 2/5
Attack Power: 3/5
Grab Range: 2/5
Running Speed: 3/5
Jump: 3/5
Falling Speed: 3/5

“A” Moves:

A: Isaac makes a quick slash with his sword in front of him. The move can be used as a rapid jabbing attack. It is faster than Marth’s, but slower than Roy's. The attack is similiar to Marth's current A attack.

F-tilt: Isaac performs a long, horizontal slash in front of him. Decent knockback, average damage.
U-tilt: Isaac swings his sword over his head, drawing across his body from back to front. The attack is strongest on the down swing, but has decent knockback when the attack hits above his body.
D-tilt: Isaac slams the ground in front of him with his palm, causing a minor tremor, and ripples the ground making rocks shoot out of the ground slightly. The foe trips. Little knockback, decent damage.

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Isaac crouches low. After the charge, Isaac lunges forward with a horizontal sweep. Strong knockback, very laggy after the hit. No follow up.
Up Smash: Isaac, brings his arms close to his body. After the charge, Isaac throws his arms up in the air, and rocks from the ground fly upward a short distance. The rocks do decent damage, but little knockback. Great for aerial counters.
Down Smash: Isaac brings his arms close to his body again, this time, looking at the ground. After the charge, Isaac slams his fists into the ground, causing a stronger tremor around his body. The area of effect is within a “foot and a half” of his body. The tremor is only slightly lower than Isaac’s height. Strong attack, decent knockback at an upward angle.

Aerials:

Nair: Isaac performs a flip in midair, bringing his sword in front of him. This attack is quick, little knockback, and has an attack radius from above his head (first frame) to behind him (last frame before leveling out). It’s a 180 degree attack range.
Fair: Isaac does a horizontal slash at slightly lower angle to his body. It’s a quick slash with good knockback and damage (Edit: Fair and Bair are the same. This attack will turn Isaac around).
Uair: Isaac raises his arm above him, using Psynergy to smack his opponent from below (think bowser Uair, only better range). The move is slow, and laggy, but has excellent range and knockback
Dair: Isaac kicks twice with his feet beneath him. 2 hits max. No knockback on the first hit, the second hit is a meteor smash. Low damage.

“B” Moves:

B : Venus Djinn
Isaac summons a Venus Djinn to fire a rock at his opponent. The rock will do 3-5% damage, knockback is average. Can be spammed, but it works like Falco’s laser, and has a projectory like it as well. There’s lag between each blast. Same projectory when in the air.

Towards B: Mars Djinn
Isaac summons a Mars Djinn to breathe fire upon his opponents. The Djinn stays in the spot it was summoned. The attack works like a fire flower. It lasts for a few seconds, and then the Djinn disappears, the fire gradually getting smaller with each breath. Isaac can't summon the Mars Djinn for about 4 seconds, as to prevent spamming (he's basically a pokeball).

Down B: Mercury Djinn
Isaac summons a Djinn to create a ice wall in front of him. This ice wall can be used to stand on, jump on, and can be picked up by stronger characters. It can be shattered after 20% damage has been done to it (based on characters, I.e. DK should have no problem shattering it). If an opponent is in front of Isaac while using this, the pillar causes some damage and knockback. While in the air, Isaac can use this to create a small sheet of ice beneath him, that floats in the air long enough (not long, like a second. It floats glowing as if it was just created) for Isaac (and other characters) to use a footstool jump off of it. After the move has been used, it takes 10 seconds before it can be used again, as it requires a lot of Psynergy to use, since Isaac is an Earth Adept. When attempted to be used after the first time, Isaac creates a splash of water, causing no damage, no knockback, and doesn’t effect the foe at all.

Up B: Jupiter Djinn
Isaac summons the Jupiter Djinn to propel him a large distance in any direction. The move’s range is farther than Falco’s, but shorter than Fox’s. It’s fast, and has no charge time. However, it deals no damage, and no knockback. It has low priority, so Isaac can be knocked out of it easily.

Final Smash: Grand Gaia
Isaac raises his arms into the air, the stage/arena shaking. The stage erupts with flying rocks and light pouring from the ground, dealing massive damage. Each rock counts as a hit, so it'll deal damage on a multiple hit level, rather than a one time massive damage hit. The range of the attack is based upon the size of the stage, not the screen. Also, the most damage is closest to the ground. The mid stage area (example: between the platforms on battlefield) is the weakest. Anything above the mid stage area is unaffected.

Grabs:
Isaac reaches out with both arms, and grabs his opponent. His reach is short.

Jab:
Isaac knees his opponent.

Fthrow:
Isaac shoves his opponent forward with both arms. Average knockback, average damage.

Uthrow:
Since Isaac is so tiny, and doesn’t have a lot of arm strength, Isaac uses his magic to use the ground as launcher. The ground beneath his opponent shoots up as a pillar of earth, propelling the opponent into the air. High knockback, decent damage. The pillar disappears after the throw.

Dthrow: Isaac shoves his foe to the ground, and pops him in the face 3 times. Multiple hitter, for 2-3% each hit. After the punches, the opponent slides forward from the 3rd hit, which is much like an uppercut, only horizontal. Low knockback. Damage is average. Highest damage out of throws, due to multiple hits.

Bthrow: Isaac uses his Psynergy to grab his opponent, and chuck him backwards. Highest knockback out of the throws.

Taunt: Isaac looks around him as the 4 Djinnii(?)(can’t remember what was plural and singular) dance about him quickly, and then quickly vanish.

Winning pose #1: Isaac sheaths his sword, and pants heavily, looking at the screen with a tired face.

Winning pose#2: Isaac looks around him as the Djinnii Swirl around him. The Djinnii and Isaac look at the screen, Isaac has a smile.

Winning pose#3: Isaac lowers his arms, and raises them high into the air, with a few rocks circling around him.
~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you guys think. :)

Sinn

Smash Lord
That movelist is made of several parts win. I'm still a little fuzzy on the Down special though...I take it this is something that'll help a lot for his recovery if you save it up...? I would have expected an Air psynergy ability to be more straining on him than a water one, but conceptually it works well for gameplay.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Golden Sun was in fact released before Melee... Only a short time before, though.

God, please let Sakurai have added Isaac. Maybe I'm a little obsessive... but I don't want to see such potential wasted...

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
That movelist is made of several parts win. I'm still a little fuzzy on the Down special though...I take it this is something that'll help a lot for his recovery if you save it up...? I would have expected an Air psynergy ability to be more straining on him than a water one, but conceptually it works well for gameplay.
Thanks. I tried to incorporate as much Psynergy as possible, yet keep it realistic. I didn't want to use too much magic for his "a" moves. The B moves, I tried keeping as close to the game as possible (down+B = frozen water pillars you'd make). :shrug:

I'll discuss more tomorrow. Sorry I haven't replied to your PM Sinn. :( A lot of stuff happened recently. Sorry.

Top Bottom