• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Lol IMO I liked Roy more than Marth, because of the hair :]

Other than that though, If Isaac makes it in, I'll be happy since I love the Golden Sun games and since he looks sort of like Roy in appearance (in my opinion, I'm wrong though).

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
^ And if you want, you're welcome to use the character request comments I received from the old site.

Ugh, Those sword users with hair. When are we getting a bald sword user, huh?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
So is there going to be a major first post overhaul or new thread eh?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Er...yeah...

I'll try to make sure I have it up for the new year (or possibly sooner!)

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Lol this is totaly my new sig.

Anyways Isaac definitely needs to be in Brawl. He would be very unique. I'm getting tired of all these "But he's got a sword..." arguments.
It's the Sword plus the big anime eyes and poofy anime hair. Not the sword alone.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's the Sword plus the big anime eyes and poofy anime hair. Not the sword alone.
Yeah well, not only are you ignorant but you're close-minded. I can't believe you can't look past looks to see the true potential that Isaac has as a playable character.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Yeah well, not only are you ignorant but you're close-minded. I can't believe you can't look past looks to see the true potential that Isaac has as a playable character.
OMG your right. I can just see the potentiall. He attacks with a sword. So original it's not even funny.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
OMG your right. I can just see the potentiall. He attacks with a sword. So original it's not even funny.
It's obvious that you haven't played Golden Sun.

As I said once before, take your ignorance somewhere else.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I've played Golden sun. I never beat it though it was boring. Yeah I know he uses maces and stuff in the game big woop I eat nachos.
Are you sure you've played Golden Sun?

If you didn't realize that Isaac can do more than use those weapons I don't really think you did.:ohwell:

EDIT: Okay, I get it. You haven't played a GS game. The only reason you know about maces is what a member said earlier. You don't know a thing about GS, it's obvious.

Twisted

Smash Cadet
I've played Golden sun. I never beat it though it was boring. Yeah I know he uses maces and stuff in the game big woop I eat nachos.
It doesn't matter he has Pyenergy, Summons, Djinn, Any possble object made of earth or plant he doesn't need a sword, actual I would prefer it.

EDIT: Okay, I get it. You haven't played a GS game. The only reason you know about maces is what a member said earlier. You don't know a thing about GS, it's obvious.
true story

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236

He doesn't necessarily need to have a weapon lol.

if he does he could have an axe

or a mace
I can't find a pic online for this though.

And on a side note, I know it's fake but

awesome :p

EDIT:
bassoonist said:
That was me lol

zagman505

Smash Cadet
and how far did you get before you decided it was boring? considering your statements, my guess is after maybe 5 minutes into the game, at most. or you just haven't played, because you clearly don't know anything about the games

seriously, if you don't know anything about GS, stop trying to argue against isaac based on his sword and looks, because those are the most ******** arguments you could possibly come up with.

lol yeah, yay for 100 pages =)

edit- or rather, 101 pages XD

Arteen

Smash Lord
Are you talking about Isaac or Roy, because that describes Roy to a T. Isaac, of course, has telekinesis, he can create earthquakes, raise stones and boulders from the ground, cause earthen spires to jut out of the ground, create landslides, attack with wild thorns, temporarily stop time, hover, freeze water into tall icy pillars, attack with fire, magma, wind, and lightning, summon various monsters and the spirits of Venus, Ramses, Cybele, and even the manifestation of Judgment itself, attack with a blast of energy, have ethereal swords, dragons, and demons manifest themselves, use poison against enemies, heal the sick and injured, return life to the dead, and much, much more. Oh, and he can equip swords.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Are you talking about Isaac or Roy, because that describes Roy to a T. Isaac, of course, has telekinesis, he can create earthquakes, raise stones and boulders from the ground, cause earthen spires to jut out of the ground, create landslides, attack with wild thorns, temporarily stop time, hover, freeze water into tall icy pillars, attack with fire, magma, wind, and lightning, summon various monsters and the spirits of Venus, Ramses, Cybele, and even the manifestation of Judgment itself, attack with a blast of energy, have ethereal swords, dragons, and demons manifest themselves, use poison against enemies, heal the sick and injured, return life to the dead, and much, much more. Oh, and he can equip swords.
ah ignore him, hes just a troll.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Roy is Isaac. Roy put on Isaac's clothes and dyed his hair and saw how much better he looked. He also H4Xed the game and got all the earthern powers and such

ISAAC FOR BRAWL

lmao that was me being ******** :u)

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
and how far did you get before you decided it was boring? considering your statements, my guess is after maybe 5 minutes into the game, at most. or you just haven't played, because you clearly don't know anything about the games

seriously, if you don't know anything about GS, stop trying to argue against isaac based on his sword and looks, because those are the most ******** arguments you could possibly come up with.

lol yeah, yay for 100 pages =)

edit- or rather, 101 pages XD
I got about halfway through. The real reason I don't want him in is because golden sun sucks. There, I said it.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I agree, golden sun is terrible. Bad gamplay, bad graphics, bad story, bad characters, bad bosses, bad music, bad sales, bad everything/
It's called imagination, from what I can sum up, just about all of the people who are saying Issac shouldn't be in brawl either haven't played GS, can't understand his potential of a moveset, or are just backing someone up because they think they SOUND right. I mean come on just about everyone proved that Isaac could be sooo original, unlike alot of char's he has so much potential i wouldn't be suprised he he had a different moveset for every alt. color

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
It's called imagination, from what I can sum up, just about all of the people who are saying Issac shouldn't be in brawl either haven't played GS, can't understand his potential of a moveset, or are just backing someone up because they think they SOUND right. I mean come on just about everyone proved that Isaac could be sooo original, unlike alot of char's he has so much potential i wouldn't be suprised he he had a different moveset for every alt. color
what people dont seem to realize around here is that a moveset can be made for anyone and anything. Hell ive seen one made for magikarp, and i have to say it was actually ok. Point is being able to make a "good" moveset doesnt give the character the right to be in brawl. That said i have no problems with issac specifically and welcome any new character to brawl.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
There's other reasons for Isaac to be in, though.

The fact that he can have an incredibly unique moveset is just one great thing about Isaac.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Golden sun sucks.
This guy reminds me so much of a certain mog supporter.

Anyway, Golden Sun is one of the best series on GBA, it would be cruel not to include a rep for it. I personally like Felix more than Isaac (purely based upon looks), but in essence, they're the same character anyway.

Isaac all the way ;)

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Golden Sun's story did seem a bit bland at first, I'll admit. But once everything in the second game is unveiled, it proves that even the most seemingly simple of plotlines can be unexpectedly twisted and complex. I won't spoil it, but people who have played the Lost Age know exactly what I mean. What made Golden Sun great, in my opinion, was not the set up (ravaged magical village, chosen young swordsmen, four elemental towers, etc.), but what they were able to do with it was phenomenal. Only the first part of the story fits the normal mode, the rest of the game deviates entirely to completely unpredictable paths. Golden Sun was all about taking the standard RPG model from plot to battle system and reworking it in all kinds of wonderful ways that never stop surprising and thrilling players.

I can understand why at first glance most smashers look at Isaac for the first time and think "Pfft." I probably would too. The series, however, has much more to it that really makes it something special.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I just started playing GS.....I like it so far....they should totally make a third Golden Sun for the Wii...

Mesa

Smash Rookie
Isaac in Brawl.

I'm all for having Isaac as a character in Brawl. He was my favorite character in Golden Sun, and since Golden Sun was one of, if not the, best game(s) for the GameBoy Advance, I'd say his chances are pretty good. At the very least I'm sure we'll get a Golden Sun assist trophy, although I'd much rather have a character.

TehCadenzilla

Smash Apprentice
If he's in I' ll end up using him. But if he's just another typical sword wielder i probably won't.
Good thing for his versatility.

Top Bottom