• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isai vs. Peru official HYPE thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealColtMaster

Smash Apprentice
This is a hype thread i understand. Im not an ******* but isai still has competent challengers that he will face at genesis. I have watched his guys video and have not been impressed by the moves, only reminded of moves i prefer. im sure Peru has good players but i am offended when i hear someone declare them self the US champ when they haven't payed everyone on this site. (nevermind the US)

DMoogle

A$
This is a hype thread i understand. Im not an ******* but isai still has competent challengers that he will face at genesis. I have watched his guys video and have not been impressed by the moves, only reminded of moves i prefer. im sure Peru has good players but i am offended when i hear someone declare them self the US champ when they haven't payed everyone on this site. (nevermind the US)
Put your money where your mouth is.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'm sorry, but if someone had to play everyone in their game community to be considered the best, then that would be impossible to achieve. Isai has proven himself enough by winning every tournament he attends and consistently winning against all of his opponents when he's playing seriously. It's not his job to go fight everyone for the title. It's everyone elses job to take it from him.

Battlecow

Play to Win
What "challengers" are you talking about? He's proved himself against boom on console, and against Jaime online (not perfect, but I think we all know that it's an indicator of how the "real smash" match will go). Isai is undoubtedly the US champ. Hell, in my mind he's undoubtedly the WORLD champ, but Alancitu and the Tacnians are at least somewhat unknown quantities.

I really hope you aren't considering yourself a challenger, btw. You know I love you, but... come on. You barely beat B-rex at the one "regional" (at best) tourney you've been to. Check out Isai's vids vs. B-rex. I don't want to hurt your feelings, but it's delusional to say he's not the acknowledged US Champ. If someone beats him- a possibility, I suppose- it'll be an upset. They'll be the NEW champ. He's unquestionably the current one.

As for unimpressed by Isai's moves... Yeah. Funny guy. Listen to A$'s advice and put your money where your mouth is, or else do a Teh Future and GTFO of this thread.

malva00

Smash Master
it was pretty warm today X_X

here is what is going down smashwise since maybe Battlecow wants to know

July 24-29 some smash with Pedro Miguel and his friends (hopefully I can get the 12 character battle with Alancitu recorded)
July 30 - Aug 2/3 no smash
Aug 3/4 - Aug ??? lots of smash in Tacna
Aug ??? - ??? either good amount of smash in Arequipa or go to Chile (unlikely right now XD)
Aug ??? - 14 lots of smash in Lima (all the other Lima players, like the FOUR FANTASTICS) then I go home and upload all the matches I recorded

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Haha we've seen your vids too. And you're not even going to make it far enough to play Isai in the genesis bracket. You're going to get dominated by a bunch of people there, sorry bud.

The truth hurts.

TheRealColtMaster

Smash Apprentice
i guess that got everyone attention. I never said i was the best but at least wait for this tournament to pass before declaring him the best ever.

btw the videos i have posted are all for fun. unlike many, i dont record a crazy amount of videos and post the ones that make me look the most skilled.

isai has won tournaments.... ok so have i... the last one was about 2 months ago in tempe... so what. I will be rooting for him when he goes to peru but still think it is big headed to declare himself the best in the states.

TheRealColtMaster

Smash Apprentice
What "challengers" are you talking about? He's proved himself against boom on console, and against Jaime online (not perfect, but I think we all know that it's an indicator of how the "real smash" match will go). Isai is undoubtedly the US champ. Hell, in my mind he's undoubtedly the WORLD champ, but Alancitu and the Tacnians are at least somewhat unknown quantities.

I really hope you aren't considering yourself a challenger, btw. You know I love you, but... come on. You barely beat B-rex at the one "regional" (at best) tourney you've been to. Check out Isai's vids vs. B-rex. I don't want to hurt your feelings, but it's delusional to say he's not the acknowledged US Champ. If someone beats him- a possibility, I suppose- it'll be an upset. They'll be the NEW champ. He's unquestionably the current one.

As for unimpressed by Isai's moves... Yeah. Funny guy. Listen to A$'s advice and put your money where your mouth is, or else do a Teh Future and GTFO of this thread.

Battlecow. i have nothing against you. i would never hate anyone who is helping to keep the ssb64 community alive as i love the game. furthermore Ben has been beaten by isai, sure but don't let those game convince you that he cant beat isai. he is not lacking anything that sensei or any other players that i have seen beat isai. mabye just the comfort.

I'm not here to talk ****. i know you respect isai and you like to calculate who is better. lets just see what happends. and like i said, i have yet to post a game or "combo vid" to try and show off to the community what i can/cannot do.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Colt, sorry, but you're the perfect example of an ignorant (and arrogant) console only player.

You live serenely in your small little ssb64 console world only ever being exposed to a very small group of challengers. You probably pwn them all, thus thinking you can give anyone in the world a tough match.

The problem is when you encounter a good online player you're going to be at severe disadvantage because he's probably played 20 times the amount of people you have. Which means he's encountered countless more playstyles and strategies thus giving him a significant advantage in overall knowledge.

Which is why you're going to get dominated at genesis.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
isai has won tournaments.... ok so have i... the last one was about 2 months ago in tempe... so what.
I'm sure you haven't won a fraction of the tournaments Isai has. I'm also positive that you've never won a tournament that has included Isai or even any decent amount of competitive players. They may be "competitive" to your area, but compared to most of the online players, they were probably trash.

Look, I may sound like I'm being an Isai fanboy, but all I'm trying to say is that unless you've proven yourself online or with some crazy videos, no one will take you even close to serious. You're nothing more than another random player who comes in thinking they're better than most players because they can beat a couple of locals :p

blaze3927

Smash Ace
you guys obviously didn't realise that all the videos you saw of isai on youtube are just TAS as a prank by JPeal.

LLDL

Smash Hero
some smash 64 gods from the Bermuda triangle will make their stand here

dandan

Smash Lord
still think it is big headed to declare himself the best in the states.
I just thought it should be said that he did not declare himself the best, others who have played him do that.

unless you've proven yourself online or with some crazy videos, no one will take you even close to serious.
Videos mean nothing really and are such a poor indicator of skill (well, can probably tell when someone really sucks, but they still almost tell nothing about the level of the player).

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I find it silly that everyone declares Michael Jordan the best basketball player in history when no one has even see me play.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I find it silly that everyone declares Michael Jordan the best basketball player in history when no one has even see me play.
LOL

I just thought it should be said that he did not declare himself the best, others who have played him do that.

Videos mean nothing really and are such a poor indicator of skill (well, can probably tell when someone really sucks, but they still almost tell nothing about the level of the player).
Yup. IMO people consistently overrate me because my videos are good. People tend to focus on things like combos and tech skill, which I am pretty good at.

You really can't tell how good Isai is from videos - you have to face the FURY for yourself. It's not combos or tech skill that make Isai and Boom good.

i guess that got everyone attention. I never said i was the best but at least wait for this tournament to pass before declaring him the best ever.
I don't really understand this. Why is Genesis the magic turning point? Why can't I come in and say "OMG you have to wait for APEX!!!!" People are basing their opinions on previous results. Nothing wrong with that.

btw the videos i have posted are all for fun. unlike many, i dont record a crazy amount of videos and post the ones that make me look the most skilled.
Who does this? I don't and Isai doesn't (as he stated in this thread).

isai has won tournaments.... ok so have i... the last one was about 2 months ago in tempe... so what. I will be rooting for him when he goes to peru but still think it is big headed to declare himself the best in the states.
lol at the last sentence - have you read this thread? It's only the Isai fanboys that make that declaration. Let's look at what Isai actually has said:

playing someone online does not = playing them

something tells me you're one of those people who thinks "oh isai has beaten everyone there is, that's why people say he's the best"
my post is just saying "don't think isai is the best because some people say so"

Battlecow

Play to Win
Battlecow. i have nothing against you. i would never hate anyone who is helping to keep the ssb64 community alive as i love the game. furthermore Ben has been beaten by isai, sure but don't let those game convince you that he cant beat isai. he is not lacking anything that sensei or any other players that i have seen beat isai. mabye just the comfort.

I'm not here to talk ****. i know you respect isai and you like to calculate who is better. lets just see what happends. and like i said, i have yet to post a game or "combo vid" to try and show off to the community what i can/cannot do.
I'm gonna try to tone down my fanboy tone here for ballin's sake.

Colt, I have nothing against you either, and I also like to see new blood keeping the community alive. That being said, you said that you were "unimpressed" by Isai's moves and that they "only reminded you of moves that you would have done." This is a ludicrous statement; if you were anywhere near being of a skill level with people like Sensei who can play serious matches with Isai and win once in a while, much less at the point where you could actually say something like that and not sound ridiculous, it would have showed in the videos you played against B-rex; those were tournament finals, and you were definitely not sandbagging. Isai does not need to play everyone who thinks they're good in the US before being champion. That's a task that would take 500 years and billions in gas money.

I suppose all my ranting is unnecessary, because the early part of the Genesis bracket will teach you humility. Nevertheless, it's a shame to see a good guy like you make a total prick of himself.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Come to think of it, how do NBA GM's feel comfortable drafting players when only like 80 players come to the combine? What about the rest of the world population?

Also, Colt I understand you want to wait for the competition before declaring him the champ, but people have already done that. The game has been out for 12.5 years, its not like Genisis 2 is the first ssb event ever. Upsets happen, and that's why they play the games, but to say isai isn't the overwhelming favorite is......ignorant.

UnholyWeapon

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this seems very interesting to see. I'm not very active on the boards here, but I'm glad I decided to look now :D

UnholyWeapon

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry, but if someone had to play everyone in their game community to be considered the best, then that would be impossible to achieve. Isai has proven himself enough by winning every tournament he attends and consistently winning against all of his opponents when he's playing seriously. It's not his job to go fight everyone for the title. It's everyone elses job to take it from him.
What he said...

TheRealColtMaster

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure you haven't won a fraction of the tournaments Isai has. I'm also positive that you've never won a tournament that has included Isai or even any decent amount of competitive players. They may be "competitive" to your area, but compared to most of the online players, they were probably trash.

Look, I may sound like I'm being an Isai fanboy, but all I'm trying to say is that unless you've proven yourself online or with some crazy videos, no one will take you even close to serious. You're nothing more than another random player who comes in thinking they're better than most players because they can beat a couple of locals :p
I didn't say i thought i was better then anyone and about the online comment and video comment, lots of people say that online and videos don't really mean much. Im sure most people are more impressed by tournament results.

@ battlecow. When i said i was unimpressed by the videos i wasn't talking about isai's.

TheRealColtMaster

Smash Apprentice
Nevertheless, it's a shame to see a good guy like you make a total prick of himself.

Just because i would rather be a competitor rather then a fan shouldn't make me a prick. I would like to see more people excited on challenging others for money or whatever it makes everything a little more entertaining. I never denide isai's skill and achievements.

I am looking forward to meeting whoever is going whether i do well or not i'm sure it will be a blast. I used to travel to compete on a pro level in halo 2 and it was a blast.

titaniachkt

Smash Cadet
I want live stream
Waiting till August would increase the suspense; maybe the guys from S.A would livestream it

It's not his job to go fight everyone for the title. It's everyone elses job to take it from him.
A bit ironic,seeing as he's the one going to S.A :s But qft nonetheless

it was pretty warm today X_X

here is what is going down smashwise since maybe Battlecow wants to know

July 24-29 some smash with Pedro Miguel and his friends (hopefully I can get the 12 character battle with Alancitu recorded)
July 30 - Aug 2/3 no smash
Aug 3/4 - Aug ??? lots of smash in Tacna
Aug ??? - ??? either good amount of smash in Arequipa or go to Chile (unlikely right now XD)
Aug ??? - 14 lots of smash in Lima (all the other Lima players, like the FOUR FANTASTICS) then I go home and upload all the matches I recorded
Thanks for the heads up

I'm thinking of going YOSHI/MARIO/JIGGLY
Ooh,not much vids with your Yoshi out there.Think there'll be any Link/Samus action?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yoshi is fun to watch when he's not spamming utilts an dairs, mario is very boring and jiggly is fine. That's my opinion of course.

:phone:

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I didn't say i thought i was better then anyone and about the online comment and video comment, lots of people say that online and videos don't really mean much. Im sure most people are more impressed by tournament results.
Yeah, but when these "tournament results" don't include anyone "good" at the game, then no one's going to care xD

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'd be ready to pull out the PIKACHU or KIRBY were I you. There is $$$$$$ on the line, after all.

But TO EACH HIS OWN.

malva00

Smash Master
I'd be ready to pull out the PIKACHU or KIRBY were I you. There is $$$$$$ on the line, after all.

But TO EACH HIS OWN.
I'm going Pikachu/Kirby in teams. I have a good shot at placing in singles with Jiggly (my best from those 4) to get some money. Plus I'm not paying a lot of money to travel to this tourney. If it was for like 5K then yeah I'd go Pikachu/Kirby lol

Battlecow

Play to Win
Who're you teaming with?

Also :( that you're not going for the W, but it's your choice of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom