• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's official!

TheRealColtMaster

Smash Apprentice
And make you go blind. :laugh:

I’ve probably got about 20 N64 controllers lying around- see the pictures of part of my collection . Mostly I buy them cheap on Craig’s List and then try to restore them. Some however are too far gone and can’t be fixed because the stick wears out rather easily when compared to the rest of the pad.

This one is my favorite. :)

I picked up the Monster Hunter 3 demo and got a 5 dollar gift certificate for Virtual Console or Wii-ware. I may add an extra 5 bucks and finally download SSB so I own every version.

Nice transparent red one.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
It's fun to be a collector!

I also own all the original Mario Party games for the N64.

And the N64 Bomberman games.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
this kid Ben still owes me $5 for doing a triple back flip in Wave race 64 back in 1999. That game was awesome. Also, nice rug.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I used to like mk64 more than smash. Those were the days (H).
Absolutely awful graphics that made your eyes bleed when playing more than 2. Even the PS1 Crash Team Racing looked to have better graphics... Thank god gamecube did improve so much the graphics part with MK DD... well, they improved it in every department

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Absolutely awful graphics that made your eyes bleed when playing more than 2. Even the PS1 Crash Team Racing looked to have better graphics... Thank god gamecube did improve so much the graphics part with MK DD... well, they improved it in every department
too bad mk64 > mkdd in terms of gameplay :)

blaze3927

Smash Ace

it would make me a lot lessy crabby if you would remind me/people that its YOO, so maybe put "imo" as your signature or something :)

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I love Mario Kart 64 and consider it one of the best multiplayer games of the era. Sure the graphics aren’t great in 4 player but they’re good enough given the fact that the gameplay is so brilliant.

Here are two of my other favorite multiplayer games for the N64.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Well, talking for me then, I get kind of bored when I keep wining 50/60 almost everytime I play...
I have a medal of a first place in a tournament we made in my neighbor.
If there's no challenge, there's no entertainment either. That's for almost like, everygame imo.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Yeah the racing in Mario Kart 64 is kinda random but the Battle Mode more so rewards skill.

Ultimately, my opinion is that if you own a N64 and have a few friends who enjoy playing video games and you don’t own a copy of Mario Kart 64 then you’re really missing out on something.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
if you own a N64 and have a few friends who enjoy playing video games and you don’t own a copy of Mario Kart 64 then you’re really missing out on something.
Hahaha yeah.

In a side note:
My N64 Top 4 games:

Super Smash Bros
Mario Kart
Goldeneye 007
No Mercy

The rest is A tier and lower. :p

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
In a side note:
My N64 Top 4 games:

Super Smash Bros
Mario Kart
Goldeneye 007
No Mercy

The rest is A tier and lower. :p
I LOVE a lot of the games in the N64 library but right now I’m really enjoying F-Zero X. I suspect you’d also like it if you’re in to skill based games.

Check out this awesome video review:

F-Zero X

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I truly seems like a good game, I've only heard about it though.
Also I forgot to mention Mario party 2 in my list; there are of course more cool games, but those are the best for me.

But lately I've been kind of stuck with SSB64.
lol

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
[Troll]
U should get rid of Brawl and Melee. lol
[/Troll]
Even though Melee is my least favorite in the SSB series I could never see myself getting rid of it. I LOVE Brawl because it’s a great party game and it’s worth owning for all the extra content. Although the original Super Smash Bros. seems plain by comparison I still play it often because I can just jump in and immediately start smashing thanks to the fact that the N64 doesn’t have any load times.

Gowa

Smash Apprentice
I enjoy looking at all your game collection pics, grizzmeister :p

I'm trying to start a collection of my own.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I enjoy looking at all your game collection pics, grizzmeister :p

I'm trying to start a collection of my own.
Thank you for your kind words!

Yeah collecting for the N64 is lots of fun because there are so many great games in its library. Most of us already own Super Smash Bros. (of course) but it’s also fun to whip out Mario Kart 64, Perfect Dark, Mario Tennis or F-Zero X at gaming parties.

Here’s a pic of some of my favorite multiplayer games for the system although there are a few others that I didn’t include.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lol I thought the MK stood for "Mortal Kombat" until I got to the very end of that discussion. I was sooooooooo confused.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I played episode 1 racer once a few months back and I was like WTF this is pretty hard. It seemed like the tiniest bump against a wall would blow up my racer.

I was wondering how I ever used to play it when I was 9 lol.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Here are two of my more rare games for the N64 thus they’re probably my most valuable. Clayfighter Sculptors Cut wasn’t available in stores but instead was only a rental from Blockbuster Video and Conker’s Bad Fur day came out late in the N64’s lifecycle but is generally considered one of the best looking games on the system.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Here are all my N64 games by Rareware (the guys that developed Goldeneye and Perfect Dark). Some of these are worth big-time cash now. :)

BTW, all the serious N64 collectors are hanging out at N64 Forever nowadays.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Blastcorps is a really under appreciated game.
A lot of the games on Nintendo 64 have been overlooked for years but given the dire global economic condition right now many people are discovering the many wonderful gems in the N64 library.

We all love competitive fighting games thanks to Super Smash Bros. but the N64 had some other notable entries in that genre like the legendary Killer Instinct Gold.

* Yep, that's the EXTREMELY rare Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut in my photo. Would you believe that it regularly sells for over $100 on Ebay?

Top Bottom