• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's official!

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
When I rebought it a year ago I got it boxed from a classics store for $30. Good ****in deal imo. Too bad my friend "borrowed it" then left it at his girls house when they broke up. Stoned ******. -_-

mixa

Banned via Warnings
these threads make me sad 'cause I had the N64 for years as a kid, but I only found out about smash way after I no longer had the console.

and the AI in Mario Kart is annoying.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
last night i got drunk and beat CTR in five hours.

i might just sit and try to beat time trials tonight...****ing dingo canyon is still screwing with me...

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Today’s picture is of the lovely Morgan holding my copy of GoldenEye 007 and instruction manual.

At the time of this posting you can probably purchase this combo (cartridge and instruction booklet) at sites like Ebay for around 25 US dollars. Of course, in terms of nostalgia the game is worth much more than that. To many video game enthusiasts GoldenEye literally defines the N64 4-player experience and many who are still enjoying first-person-shooters today consider it the game that got them hooked on the genre.

Morgan is 22 years old and has been modeling since she was 18. In addition to modeling, she acts and sings, and is studying musical theatre in northern Raleigh, NC. As a citizen of both the US and the UK, she has grown up all over the world, and lived in various places including Australia, Wales, Switzerland, and Japan. Her favorite video game genres are fantasy RPG’s, indie platformers, and RTS games; when not gaming, she enjoys ice skating, ballet, and writing. Her favorite food is steak, color is green, and musical genre is indie rock. She's a Taurus and an AB-.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Grizz is very passionate about his n64 collection.

Unfortunately that passion seems to cloud his judgment sometimes, and quite often leads to him posting things on here that have absolutely nothing to do with ssb64, just to draw attention to his collection.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
how are you gonna play that with an american console? Or can you?
You can play Japanese games on the American/Canadian console. Even PAL. Back then they had a terrible region lock device... It was this plastic piece in the N64 Console that wouldn't allow you to play Japanese games. If you open the console and take it out (with the cost of losing N64 flaps where the cartridge goes) you can play Japanese games.

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Easier way is to swap the backs of the cartage with some ****ty sports game like mario tennis

Skrlx

Smash Champion
You can play Japanese games on the American/Canadian console. Even PAL. Back then they had a terrible region lock device... It was this plastic piece in the N64 Console that wouldn't allow you to play Japanese games. If you open the console and take it out (with the cost of losing N64 flaps where the cartridge goes) you can play Japanese games.
THX, bro. I've been waiting for 3 years to get an answer.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
i'd occasionally bust out baby mario or dk jr

haven't played with him much but i think waluigi might be good because of that reach

but i like boo for the tricky serves and for charging your shot while moving

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Here are two of my more rare games for the N64 thus they’re probably my most valuable. Clayfighter Sculptors Cut wasn’t available in stores but instead was only a rental from Blockbuster Video and Conker’s Bad Fur day came out late in the N64’s lifecycle but is generally considered one of the best looking games on the system.

I should show my collection I have the rental box for Sculptor's cut no manual sadly. Also have Fur day boxed, Harvest boxed, Ogre battle boxed. StarCraft Boxed ect ect... XD Nice to see another person have one rather then a retailer selling it for over $100 which it's worth now. Also have many games sealed and put away :3.

Can't forget I also have a Store Demo Kiosk. Domes A bit beat up. (I was very Young in the video back in the day)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVN4nCNeZ_c&list=UUuWO8MNESMq1l4mI0RhIgGg&index=131

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Anyone want to start a mario tennis competitive scene? The internet seems pretty void of it. I'm curious what the pro strats would be.

firo

Smash Ace
Mario tennis is great. Unfortunately the game doesn't work on emulators very well so people can't play it online, but if it ever gets working I'll be playing it for sure. Doubles is also tons of fun and I play that often with my roommates. I think the game would be pretty interesting played competitively but it may lead to a lot of really long volleys if players keep playing defensively. Also there would be problems since a character can only be played by one player without a gameshark. Judging from that thread it seems that nobody really knows where the characters stand. I play Mario, Bowser, and Toad.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Wow, I feel like a nub. I never got into Mario Tennis. Only touched it like once. Prolly 'cause I never owned it.
I still don't lol, and I own... a lot of games.

DK jr... damn I gotta play this game.

I'd say Conker's, Harvest Moon, MK, and MP2 are among my favorite 64 games.

....oh and Goldeneye

Forsaken was good, really cool music. Extreme G too.

oh and Perfect Dark.

Inb4BoomStartsMK-vs-DKracingDebate

clubbadubba

Smash Master
boo and dk jr are top tier for me. too bad i only really ever use shy guy though.

DKracing is by far the superior game, there is no debate.

kys

Smash Ace
I've played a lot of Mario Tennis, and I'm pretty sure DK is the best. He's a power character, but with his reach and somewhat broken dive move he can get around just as well as any speed character. You get that overhead slam going and he's pretty tough to stop. Even with 2 people playing back and doubles you can slam it through. Fun game but the emulator play is god-awful

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I always thought dk jr was just a better version of dk. slightly less powerful but much faster.

And how can emulation be so bad for a particular game? Someone somewhere had to make the rom right? Can they not be remade somehow? Theoretically, of course.

firo

Smash Ace
The rom isn't the problem, the game uses some funky stuff apparently for things like the particle effects, shadows, models, textures, etc. and there currently isn't a graphics plugin that works well with it. I've tried messing with it and trying different plugins and configurations without any success.

Surprisingly, the graphics are fine in Dolphin with a Mario Tennis wad (virtual console file), but finding a PC that can run an N64 emulator inside a Wii emulator at full speed is pretty difficult.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Link to a good video review of Mario Tennis for the N64.

http://youtu.be/HBH_-CnV3kM

It still amazes me how this brilliant game is so overlooked. Graphically it's one of the finest Mario games on the system and in 4-player mode it rivals Mario Kart 64 and Super Smash Bros. for fun factor.

B Link

Smash Lord
I only have Super Smash Bros. On my to-do list is get SSB (J) but after that I don't know what other game(s) I'd buy.

Perfect Dark/007 makes me dizzy, racing games are yawn, zelda might get boring, super mario 64 might get boring, do people still play Mario Tennis? lol, Mario Party got boring, golf might get boring, fur day was good but then got boring...yeah I have no clue.

Top Bottom