• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jigglypuff 101] A Jigglypuff Guide by RPK

Ulevo

Smash Master
I am not sure if this has been posted, but I thought I would throw it out there. In early percents, Jiggly is able to Short Hop Fair into a Rest rather easily. It may work on higher percents depending on where you hit with the Fair, I haven't fully tested it yet. But it seems to work well.

sblkbrn

Smash Cadet
I've played with jigglypuff at times when i have knocked at an opponent at lower percentages with rest. Could be because it was a mid air rest attack.... will do some more testing but pretty sure it starts knocking them out at low to mid 40's

CervPurp63

Smash Apprentice
thanks for this guide man. i wanna learn the ropes of jigglypuff before a tournament next week at a local college. this will help me out abunch. i hope to be like mango someday and find ways to set up a rest.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
if you wanna learn jiggs you should also check out the jigglypuff discussion thread and ask any and all questions that you have about jiggs.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
This thread needs more pictures(may need resizing):
No particular order

B-air

F-tilt

D-air

Edgehog

F-air

U-tilt

N-air

Pound

Trip attack

U-air

U-smash

Rollout(Uncharged)

I am aware that some of the moves are missing such as sing, rollout(charged), tripping, rest, D-Smash, F-Smash, D-tilt, and jab or anything else that may be needed. I'll try to get some of these when I get some free time.

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
Isn't it silly to change the angle of the camera in the screenshots? You'll never encounter the attack in an angle, so it might be better to just get a regular shot. I know it's not as artistic and cool and whatever, but it might be a bit more practical and logical.
Like, for example, uair, it looks cute and all, but gives you no information on what the attack actually looks like, it just gives you something which would make a great avatar.

Just sayin'

Also, I find it weird how you have trip attack but none of those moves you mentioned at the end of your post, let alone just the trip.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Not sure if this is there, but you might want to add the footnote - I've heard that Sing increases sleep time if you're at high percentages. About 100%+ is when you awaken before they do. I'll leaving tests and % stats to the pros.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
No. Sing is completely useless. NEVER use Sing. I've had someone at 150% and they were still able to wake up early, probably by mashing or something. The only way it'd be useful is if you could hit them with the last wave of Jigglypuff's song, but even then...by the time anyone hears Jigglypuff's song, they're ready to roll and beat the crap out of you. =/

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Gah, and here I would have figured they'd have taken out mashing to get out of it just so it'd be useful.

Note'd.

obachuka

Smash Cadet
Button mashers mashing buttons makes sing not too useful because they button mash.
But sometimes, you can get them >_<

Blad01

Smash Lord
Great guide ! Rated 5/5 ^^

I just would like to know why everybody think that Jigglypuff is low-tier / Midd-low-tier ?

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Well, there are characters this time around that outdo Jigglypuff when it comes to WOPing, like R.O.B and Metaknight. The nerf to Rest hit Jigglypuff pretty hard, because she can't gimp anyone early anymore.

Jigglypuff is already a flawed character. She's the lightest character in the game, and she has no projectiles to speak of. She's slow on the ground, and has little priority in her moves. Nerfing Rest, you have a character with these flaws and an aerial game that is above average...but other characters are excellent in the air and they don't have so many flaws weighing them down.

At the very least, I think that's why people consider Jigglypuff low. Anyone want to correct me? =s

(Wow, I used my 500th post on this...oh well.)

Emperor Mario

Smash Cadet
I have a question.

RPK, you mentioned that the decay system in Brawl is a problem for the wall of pain, didn't Melee also have the decay system? How is that different for Brawl?

Emperor Mario

Smash Cadet
^ That sucks alot :(

Okay, another thing, does Jigglypuff's Fair sweetspot? Cause sometimes it seems to have more knockback than normal.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Add Frigate Orpheon as a counter pick stage. The right edge cannot be grabbed which means they have to recover onto the stage. Rollout anyone? Of course this won't work on characters with recoveries like Snake or G&W.

BOFO

Smash Cadet
No. Sing is completely useless. NEVER use Sing. I
You can cancel it on a ledge, and it's actually useful if someone is rolling too much, or you think they're about to roll right through you. If they're over 30% and are going to roll through you, take advantage of it, as you'll get a free hit on them, as they fall asleep right after finishing their roll. It's not as useless as one would imagine.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I guess I am picking up Jigglypuff as a secondary...this guide is useful (thanks). I am still horrible with the rest hitbox and setups.

Fear The Force

Smash Cadet
I'd like to contribute for the character matchups.

Wolf: Difficulty - 5/5

He is by far one of your hardest opponents iMo. His aerial atks have lots of priority and good wolf players are going to spam his bair, fair, and uair. Not to mention that his dair is a nasty meteor smash that will make you really sad. He has that annoying spammy blaster of his as well as one of the best forward smashes in the game. Be VERY careful when you are in the inside attacking him; his down smash comes out almost instantly after a spot dodge and he's very hard to get inside to attack. What's even worse? He's decent when it comes to weaving; be VERY careful, this is by far going to be one of your toughest matches.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Learn to jump 5 times and shield. And as far as I can tell, RPK left these boards a long time ago.

Top Bottom