• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Tournament Strategy and Tips

g-regulate

Smash Hero
theStig, my aim is GregLowrey. im on all the time and i always want to play other jiggs players so we can learn from eachother. find me and we can play a few matches.

thats goes for everyone!

Glick

Smash Lord
i'm so glad you said this. i've been getting criticism for using Uair. but i use it similar to a way you described in your post. i didn't read it, but i caught that little tidbit so.. good stuff.
Anybody who doesn't use up air close to the ground to get the juggle going is a poopie jiggz. IMO

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I haven't seen many Jiggs use Utilt.
It's actually a killer. :laugh:

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'll completely forget about utilt until I start getting desperate for a kill. But luckily, that means it's usually completely fresh. :p

And yeah. Most people don't expect it at all.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Utilt kills MK and Marth pretty well, considering how light they are. Plus, hardly anyone expects a Utilt.

If you ever get a lightweight to a high percent, like 130-ish, then a Utilt will kill easily. ^^

Glick

Smash Lord
bair--->upair---> uptilt is one of my staple combos.

Next to pound nair.

Lately I've been adding new staples to my arsenal. After seeing that guys combo video. I was inspired to do more upair rests. Most people I play are more experienced and will automatically air dodge if i try to start a combo (they know how I roll lol) so reacting to the air dodge and resting works better.

also. dair behind them to sing. It provides mega lulz and you'd be suprised how many people spaz out and end up falling asleep.

MrEh

Smash Hero
also. dair behind them to sing. It provides mega lulz and you'd be suprised how many people spaz out and end up falling asleep.
Sometimes I use Sing OoS if I'm feeling really ballsy. You'd be surprised at how many people think spot dodging is a good idea after attacking my shield. XD

Of course, Sing sucks, but it's really funny. ^^

g-regulate

Smash Hero
lol @ dair to sing for "mega lulz".

ive recently been doing lots of rollout lately? gotta learn to use it in an nonpunishable fashion.

i like, never use utilt. very rarely.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Same here, I know it's a good move, I just forget it's there.
We need Kirby range. :mad:

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
thinkaman went 0-2 in the bracket. :( and ilost my first won my next two, and waiting for my next game.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I ended up going 2-2. So I took 13th. Not bad for a Midwest West Circuit Event. There werea A Lot of good people there including Lain, Tapion, and Hunger just to name a few.

TheStig

Smash Lord
sorry for double post but...

w00t g-reg reppin jiggs hard with 3rd place placing :bee:

u must have vids against az

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
HERE COME THE JOHNS-TRAIN! CHOO CHOO!

So yeah, I was basically owning this tourney in friendlies. It was pretty obnoxious, a lot of three stocks and all that jazz. I had a crazy match agaisnt a decent DDD main where I only took 36%; I was on fire. I did a lot of friendly teams with random teammates where I won a ton of 2v1s. Pools came and I rocked everybody except lain, who I think one-stocked me both matches. So I got 2nd in my pool, and was ready to rock. I even took a fantastic 3 hour nap on a couch somehow during team finals, which was awesome because twice random people thought it would be cool to wake me up in the middle of the night.

I woke up, brackets started, and I saw some scrub playing Jigglpuff and losing really bad. "LOL, who the heck plays Jigglypuff?", I thought. Then I remembered, "Wait, I play Jigglypuff." Then I realized that I was in the middle of a match, and that was me.

Oh.

Yeah, I have no excuse for myself. First I played a Lucario where every stock I brilliantly wasted all my KO moves. Like... wut? If I saw another Jigglypuff doing that, I'd slap him. Then I played a Zelda and I just jumped into his u-smash over and over. I'd say something scrubby like "he didn't use any other attacks", but he obviously didn't have to because I just kept on jumping into it.

After failing out of brackets, I felt really bad and had to remind myself I was, in fact, awesome. I challenged both the people I lost to to money matches, and never lost. (I 2-stocked the Zelda guy some.) Then I played Norm, who was really good; his Snake one-1-stocked me a couple of times, but I 3-stocked his Meta Knight once and 2-stocked it twice. I did about the same against Joker's Snake. I played lain some--I can beat all of his secondaries, but his Ice Climbers still 1-stock me. I played Ook in a few good matches towards the end--Ook is ridiculous. I think in every match I was ahead, sometimes by a large margin, only to have Ook do something Ooktastic and win in like 3 moves. (He does this to everybody, which is why everyone loves watching Ook.)

A someone in my pool who I 3-stocked said I was cheap for playing Jigglypuff. I can only assume they hadn't played lain yet, XD!

Oh, any my experiments with Ganondorf and Bowser against G&W worked well in friendlies. Some of the G&Ws there I was able to beat with Jiggs, but it's soooo annoying. Ganon is more fun, because G&W ***** you until you suddenly decide to kill him. It's like playing as Ook! I had some great Ness matches too, though I only did average with PT. Getting to play lone confirmed my plan to use Ness against any other Jigglypuff players I run into. Oh, and he 3-stocked my Ganon, that was fun.

Also, I am still the king of Falcon dittos. I actually lost 2 of my money matches, but got 'em back in rematches. I think Joker is the best person I've played in Falcon dittos, mainly because he uses the pivot grab really well; I should practice it.

So, yeah. I guess this wasn't really a list of johns as much as my ego saying "HEY GUYS I SUCKED IN BRACKETS BUT DESTROYED EVERYONE OTHERWISE! PLZ ACKNOWLEDGE K THX"

Conclusion: Thinkaman sucks, and is awesome.

Glick

Smash Lord
I don't think this counts for much, but on AiB I have almost a 1700 on the ladder going all jiggz. I havn't seen any other jiggz mains get that high. I incorporated some new things into my style and It accommodates many more match ups. I'm really excited to try this out offline. Its not one of those online only types of things. Its actually should work on the contrary. I cut down on rollout and I use more uptilt for killing and starting using the upair air dodge prediction thing that M2K does with MK. I watched a few of his videos and started to duplicate it with jiggz. Epic sauce. My combos in general got more intense and I stopped acting like a "floating hitbox". Following someones advice on here.

Many of you know how TERRIBLE jiggz is on wifi. If it lags I lose.

I'm SOOO excited to get to a tourny.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
if you're going to approach from the air, expect a usmash.
He said in the very same sentence that he didn't blame the person, because usmash was all he needed to do. Your post makes me think you read half the sentence and posted. :laugh:

Oh. I'm going to some tournaments in April. I'll hopefully do decently. :o

Glick

Smash Lord
Today I went to a tournament with a dead set mind on going jiggz only. I got first in doubles and singles. booyah.

well in singles me and my friend ended up splitting. so we pretty much both got first.

edit: used wrong form of well

Veril

Frame Savant
Today I went to a tournament with a dead set mind on going jiggz only. I got first in doubles and singles. booyah.

we'll in singles me and my friend ended up splitting. so we pretty much both got first.
You're my hero.

Anyway, I've decided to drop MK.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779

we'll in singles me and my friend ended up splitting. so we pretty much both got first.
you won a tourny with Jiggz? :O

Glick

Smash Lord
trufax

I mean the guys there weren't pro pro so I'm not going to pretend like Bum and NL were there like they usually are. But I did 2/3 stock many of the people there. I definitely improved with my new style. I didn't lose a set, and neither did my partner. We were about to face each other in winners finals and we wanted to make sure we both won so my partner forfeited my match and played the person in losers finals, then we split in grand finals.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
I don't think this counts for much, but on AiB I have almost a 1700 on the ladder going all jiggz. I havn't seen any other jiggz mains get that high. I incorporated some new things into my style and It accommodates many more match ups. I'm really excited to try this out offline. Its not one of those online only types of things. Its actually should work on the contrary. I cut down on rollout and I use more uptilt for killing and starting using the upair air dodge prediction thing that M2K does with MK. I watched a few of his videos and started to duplicate it with jiggz. Epic sauce. My combos in general got more intense and I stopped acting like a "floating hitbox". Following someones advice on here.

u didn't go all jiggz, i had 1750 before i started giving out free winz and stopped playing
<<
good job at tourney tho, i win locals all the time going all jiggz, its an easy way to get cred

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord

up-air>>>>>bair

Top Bottom