• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Tournament Strategy and Tips

Glick

Smash Lord
Do you mean the ones in bay ridge. Those suck, it may be good if your new to tournys but you won't find any competition there.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
SR-71, your sig seems to have gotten lost on the way to the sonic board. You are hear by banished until it is corrected, thank you for your cooperation.

Hence

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff is the only character I have fun with, so she's the only character I'm using at tourneys.
Someday I'll be a top player in my region. Someday. =S

g-regulate

Smash Hero
jiggs just has some horrid matchups, and takes a ton of effort and stellar play in some other matchups to win. its not impossible though.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
SR-71, your sig seems to have gotten lost on the way to the sonic board. You are hear by banished until it is corrected, thank you for your cooperation.
I said he should incorporate steak, but clearly he confused 'the steak' with real steak.

Also...

This is a steak friendly environment if I remember correctly.

Now on to the important.

G-reg, you say
-Rollout
Rollout is a good recovery option, you can aim for the stage, platforms, or a ledge autograb. It is punishable by smart people so be wary of overusing it. You cannot change direction in the air, but you CAN hold the other direction and you will slow down and turn around upon landing. You still use up roll power while slowing down, so if done at the right height and time of rollout, you will essentially slow down in midair and stop upon landing. You can also act out of rollout while ending in the air, so if you rollout into someone’s shield, don’t hesitate to simply go off the ledge to avoid being punished. It has great KO power, but if someone is over a decent kill %, remember that you won’t need a full charge rollout to kill people. If you are close to them and start a rollout, they may try to time an attack or shield when you get there, but not using the full charge will beat them to the punch. Also remember, rollout is GREAT for picking off the unsuspecting in teams!!!

This is incorrect, you can change direction midair, although only at full charge. Given it does take quite some altitude to do so, but you can change directions mid-air.

PND

Smash Champion
I occasionally do so, but with the intent of shooting far above the opponent. Use it wisely. The aim is not to hit the opponent, the aim is to get to the opposite side of the level as the opponent.

PND

Smash Champion
Also: levels with temporary walls (PS1 rock transformation)

I've netted myself a ricochet kill on that wall. Recovering Rollout, wall bounce, kill. It was friendlies, but it's too awesome to ignore :laugh:

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Rollout isn't a good recovery option either way though. Too low priority and very easy to telegraph.
I think this was posted/disscussed in another thread but this does depend on the matchup. This is true though, and isn't your best option in most cases.

Even on characters that this is a fair option on, be careful recovering with this move.

Also. Never on yoshi's Island. Also be aware on smashville.

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
i lost to G&W on corneria today.
despite what you're probly thinking, it wasn't total ****. I have a theory that although Corneria is obviously very bad for jigglypuff, it can also be very good cuz you don't have to WoP them as far off the edge. and of course a rest KO is easier (if you land it >.<). if you get hit with Arwing blasts it's over tho.

also, jiggly can fly all the way under the Great Fox from the left, so that's fun.
p.s. no one told me what "the steak" is yet

Glick

Smash Lord
People started a riot because there was a texture hack that gave the crown back to jigglypuff. People lost their minds.

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
ya i was playing WiFi with random ppl, and suddenly the game started on the target test course. Everyone spawned on top of each other at the beginning, and i got to do a 0:00:1 rest on 3 ppl at once. that's when i decided i was gonna mod my wii

rinoH

Smash Lord
ya i was playing WiFi with random ppl, and suddenly the game started on the target test course. Everyone spawned on top of each other at the beginning, and i got to do a 0:00:1 rest on 3 ppl at once. that's when i decided i was gonna mod my wii
lol nice :)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Lol SR.

Also, G-reg, thank you very much for this thread. You have no idea how much this helped me.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Just did my first tourney as Jiggly! This thread helped quite a bit actually. I got 13th which isn't bad :D

Did pretty well against OS in a MM. I made him play ROB though.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Yeah this thread is going to be super important when I go to anime boston.

Thanks for the thread!

Top Bottom