• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff used Rest! (Moveset thread)

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
I'm guessing it's when you keep Bairing someone continuously to the side of the screen until they die,

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I'm guessing it's when you keep Bairing someone continuously to the side of the screen until they die,
Yeah that one. The new bair is too powerful to immediatly hit them again and that shorthop into shorthop also seems to be impossible. You can still use it to keep them from recovery from flying over the edge by baiting them every time they come back closer to the edge to great though.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
It's called Wall of Pain and was not even discovered by HBox.

If it's not possible to perform in Smash 4 than that is a bad thing.

Ideally, I'd have liked bair to allow for easy WoPs and fair to be Jiggypuff's premier air kill move.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Anyone knows if her uthrow is back to n64 (ko move) or melee (combo move)?

Her throws were pretty good in Brawl but they gave no followups whatsoever only the damage was nice.

Also is her fair her kill move again? Fsmash seems nerfed, terrible startup.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
WAT they took out Wall of Pain?
Would it still be possible if it's sour spotted?
If not, there's got to be a way to follow up stuff with her.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Im generally upset by all of Jigglypuff's custom rollouts, none of them look viable. I can't pick which one is the best until I test it myself.

Jigglypuff's Multislap seems to be the best pound, more damage, travels farther, whats the downside?

Hypervoice seems to be the best sing, I can only imagine using it on the ledge to get opponents away from me though.

Rest.... I don't even know what to think, Jumping Rest seems like the new upthrow rest LOL. Awakening attack seems interesting but not what I wanted. Oh well.

All in all I had my hopes up for Jiggly's custom moves, they're not as good as I wanted them to be but I can work with them.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Im generally upset by all of Jigglypuff's custom rollouts, none of them look viable. I can't pick which one is the best until I test it myself.

Jigglypuff's Multislap seems to be the best pound, more damage, travels farther, whats the downside?

Hypervoice seems to be the best sing, I can only imagine using it on the ledge to get opponents away from me though.

Rest.... I don't even know what to think, Jumping Rest seems like the new upthrow rest LOL. Awakening attack seems interesting but not what I wanted. Oh well.

All in all I had my hopes up for Jiggly's custom moves, they're not as good as I wanted them to be but I can work with them.
What's her uthrow in this game like? Her uthrow in Brawl was terrible. Nothing compared to n64/melee.

I think it needs to be a ko move or a combo starter.

Seems like her dsmash git buffed btw. Her fsmash has like the worst startup ever woah.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
What's her uthrow in this game like? Her uthrow in Brawl was terrible. Nothing compared to n64/melee.

I think it needs to be a ko move or a combo starter.

Seems like her dsmash git buffed btw. Her fsmash has like the worst startup ever woah.
Looks like a fixed range that cannot be used for combos and since it is fixed, also not for killing. Upthrow->Rest is also gone.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I was mainly referring to Rest #2 for Upthrow Rest because Rest #2 is Jumping Rest which has a hitbox out during the entire time Jigglypuff jumps.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Looks like a fixed range that cannot be used for combos and since it is fixed, also not for killing. Upthrow->Rest is also gone.
Damn... any info on the other throws? Dthrow maybe?

What about utilt and dair to rest?

I was mainly referring to Rest #2 for Upthrow Rest because Rest #2 is Jumping Rest which has a hitbox out during the entire time Jigglypuff jumps.
I'm not into these custom moves things because we don't know if they're legal in tournaments so yeah..

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, that Awakening Attack might be interesting, especially for mind games. I know alot of players(Myself included) will take any chance to KO a sleeping Jigglypuff if she whiffs Rest. But now, people might get tricked by this, since they will go for what seems to be an easy KO, and they get caught in a massive explosion with knockback.

As an Ike and Ganondorf player, I'll have to think twice before I go after any Jigglypuffs that whiff Rest. Looks like a great way for some mindgames.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Damn... any info on the other throws? Dthrow maybe?

What about utilt and dair to rest?

I'm not into these custom moves things because we don't know if they're legal in tournaments so yeah..
Alot of people are supporting them including Juice. Doom who is going to make them allowed at Hitbox Arena tournaments.

Also Utilt to rest combo confirmed.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Alot of people are supporting them including Juice. Doom who is going to make them allowed at Hitbox Arena tournaments.

Also Utilt to rest combo confirmed.

That's ****ing awesome **** yeah!

I've been maining the worst Jigglypuff in smashhistory so any buff is a bless in this game.

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Interesting match, so that means Jigglypuff >>>>> Little Mac? well, at least as long as she stays in the air

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Interesting match, so that means Jigglypuff >>>>> Little Mac? well, at least as long as she stays in the air
Well, the thing is, EVERYTHING > Little Mac as long as they are somewhat of a capable airial fighter X) But Jiggs IS powerfull this game, and even though the "wall of pain" (i believe somebody earlier called it that) is gone, her bair just MURDERS people.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or does Jigglypuff look like her Melee self? I know Little Mac sucks in the air, but I don't remember Jigglypuff being that good in Brawl.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That's ****ing awesome **** yeah!

I've been maining the worst Jigglypuff in smashhistory so any buff is a bless in this game.
Nah, I think the worst was Jiggly in 64. She lacked what makes her so good now: her insane air mobility.
Pretty much a worse Kirby in most ways except for Rest, but all she could was pray for Dair
to combo into it.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Im going to visit Zero and Vex tomorrow so I'll be on CT Zero's stream and Im gonna do what I can to learn as much as possible about Jigglypuff. Is there anything specific you guys want me to find out? I'm mostly going to be looking for combos into rest. Also getting all her custom moves and testing them out too. Though I have to help out with their stream so I can't dedicate all my time to puff

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Im going to visit Zero and Vex tomorrow so I'll be on CT Zero's stream and Im gonna do what I can to learn as much as possible about Jigglypuff. Is there anything specific you guys want me to find out? I'm mostly going to be looking for combos into rest. Also getting all her custom moves and testing them out too. Though I have to help out with their stream so I can't dedicate all my time to puff
Her recovery is the only thing I'm still wondering about

Exegguter

Smash Lord
-Ledge rollouts on stage to off-stage. If she still autograbs the ledge or if she just rolls off;
- Air rollout to the ledge if it still autograbs.
- if sing autoledgegrabs
- follow ups after throws?
- Kill percentage from fair

Last edited:

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
I like what I'm seeing. Me gusta.

From watching, the fact that it continuously sends you upward definitely allows for a safe recovery if they die. Also, if recovering faster after hitting is true, then Jiggs just got a bunch of buffs. I wonder if you can still move the direction of the pound though. I haven't seen that yet.

Last edited:

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Test how well her throws can combo. If you can, keep mental notes as to how much each throw does.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Test how well her throws can combo. If you can, keep mental notes as to how much each throw does.
We've already seen B-throw and D-throw in action.

B-throw does 10%
D-throw does 11%

I will also be testing if they can combo, if we know that U-air and U-tilt combo into rest, especially U-air still comboing at 55%, then maybe we can find some 0 to death combos maybe. Just maybe.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
D-Throw looks like it can combo reliably into U-Air, and since U-Air can combo into Rest it'd be a cool thing to test.

Kef

Smash Apprentice
I've heard this game has significantly less blockstun than past games. If this is true, Rest OoS sounds even better than before.
Has anyone mess around with this?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I've heard this game has significantly less blockstun than past games. If this is true, Rest OoS sounds even better than before.
Has anyone mess around with this?
I haven't messed around with it yet obviously but there was this we can look at.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Being able to combo into rest with a Bair that can wreck **** up sounds intriguing

No Wall of Pain I hear though. That will require some adjustments but I'm all for a KO machine this time around.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Being able to combo into rest with a Bair that can wreck **** up sounds intriguing

No Wall of Pain I hear though. That will require some adjustments but I'm all for a KO machine this time around.
Wall off pain can be done with either fair or bair in both melee and brawl.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I've seen the wall of pain being done with f-air, so she can still do it.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I've seen the wall of pain being done with f-air, so she can still do it.
Oh then it is just Bair that can't anymore. Trade one combo move for a killmove but retain the other combo move? Now that sounds like awesomeness.

Top Bottom