• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Juice Gaming presents: Concentrate! Results, 9/10/11 (MK BANNED)

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
I do not understand .............. This was a fun experimental event , so why is everyone getting emo, complaining ,and lecturing ? Doom ,Diem, and Shadow did a great job there should be no crap on this thread! They didnt even have to do the exhibition it was a extra treat .

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I wasn't in the actual Exhibition, but I was playing friendlies with it on the stream with Ally/Nairo/Shadow, and Ally and me both think it's not that great (didn't ask Shadow/Nairo). It makes matches come down to who makes the first mistake usually loses, and sets go by TOO fast. Not to mention ICs and MK appear to be absolutely ridiculous with the whole 1 mess up can = match lost.

Personally I don't like it because the sets go by far too fast. I can't imagine a new player enjoying going into their first tourney set and losing 0-3. That's literally only 3 stocks this new player got to play in winners, as opposed to at least 6 stocks normally. I know the idea is to make sets go as fast as normal competitive fighters, but Smash already is ridiculously different, there's no reason to go down from 3 stocks to 1 stocks now.

So in short, 1 stock is fun and interesting, but I don't think it's a good idea competitively.
Losing 0-3 and losing 3 stocks and losing 0-2 and losing 6 stocks isn't really any different. Either way you're getting **** on.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Yes, that Chris G.

It's Juice Gaming because we were formerly the crew known as 100% Juice.

By the way, "exhibition" isn't the name of the ruleset. :p The exhibition is just what we called the free bracket to show off the ruleset in action.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Rapture it's not your commentary that's bad it's your voice tone imo, It makes the viewers bored, imo you need to be more enthusiastic.

Good tournament though. ^_^

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Rapture it's not your commentary that's bad it's your voice tone imo, It makes the viewers bored, imo you need to be more enthusiastic.

Good tournament though. ^_^
That makes sense, I can fix that.

And don't egg Rakan on to fly out and fight me, I saw that ****. xD

Exdeath

Smash Master
I wasn't in the actual Exhibition, but I was playing friendlies with it on the stream with Ally/Nairo/Shadow, and Ally and me both think it's not that great (didn't ask Shadow/Nairo). It makes matches come down to who makes the first mistake usually loses, and sets go by TOO fast. Not to mention ICs and MK appear to be absolutely ridiculous with the whole 1 mess up can = match lost.

Personally I don't like it because the sets go by far too fast. I can't imagine a new player enjoying going into their first tourney set and losing 0-3. That's literally only 3 stocks this new player got to play in winners, as opposed to at least 6 stocks normally. I know the idea is to make sets go as fast as normal competitive fighters, but Smash already is ridiculously different, there's no reason to go down from 3 stocks to 1 stocks now.

So in short, 1 stock is fun and interesting, but I don't think it's a good idea competitively.
The exhibition rule set was single elimination instead of double elimination. The minimum amount of stocks allowed in three stocks 2/3 and one stock 3/5 is 12 and 6, respectively, and the maximum is 50 and 10 stocks, respectively.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Whoa, chill. The ruleset isn't single elim, just the exhibition. Obviously any tournament we'd run with it would be double elim.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Just to reiterate from our other sources: Juice is very happy about all the feedback we're getting regarding stream content, the venue, etc. Thanks guys!

Also, as fast as OSB is, it was still a small side tourney so double elim would have taken a lot longer and held up the stream.

EDIT: Every post you read of Doom's will now be in his voice in your head.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Shoutouts

1: ADHD ($210.00) :diddy: :popo: :kirby2:
-Next time...those GFs sets are mine, no more getting beat, but good matches

2: dabuz ($105.00) :olimar:
-BLARGH!

3: juice.Ally ($52.50) :snake: :popo: :falco:
-No mk for you~~~~ :p Nice to see you placing without him

4: juice.Fatal ($31.50) :snake:
-Your a very relaxed person :)

5: Atomsk
-Thanks ;)

5: Bizkit :snake:
-Most intense game this tournament was the second match vs. you, you had me scared to the point of not breathing when you got a dthrow on me at kill % and was 3-6 frame timing change from killing me with ftilt

7: Bleachigo :falco:
-Son, you PSed 3 ftilts from my Sheik in a row, swag

9: Penta :gw:
-Its been so long since ive seen you! Very nice to meet up again

9: Will :dk2:
-2011 best carpool status

9: Bloodcross :falco: :snake:
-Kermit x monique forevs <3

13: Nairo :falco: :diddy:
-Your falco isn't bad :o

13: John12346 :lucario:
-Once again, you have amazed in a way no one else does