• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

June 13th WB Tourney 3. WHERE WE HELD GRAND FINALS FROM A ****IN CAR

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
In essence the UMBs were biweeklies. You could've just said "what are the chances of some biweeklies happening here?" It would've made way more sense lol.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I would tell you, but if I keep posting in this thread, I may quote a few things and without thinking, accidentally do a triple post or something... We can't have that... I'll be away chilling in the Big MI... Peace.

*Unsubscribes Thread*

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
There's a good chance at least a few of us new UM'ers will end up in Bursley next year based on what they keep telling us about dorm availability/popularity..

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
@MarkLoo: Me, Scotu, and Levitas live near the CCRB. (Opposite side of the diag from south quad if you don't know where that is).

no **** bursley biweeklies

central ftw
Do any other dorms have room for a large smash tourney? The burlodge was a pretty nice spot to hold tourneys.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
no **** bursley biweeklies

central ftw
You don't have a ****ing clue what you're talking about. That is a GREAT place for tourneys and you should feel bad about your comment. The only real issue i have with DigiOps is that they're kinda small.

btw, you should also probably consider not spamming censor dodging all over when there's a nifty little infraction just for that.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
There should be biweeklies in Oakland County so I don't have to drive an hour to tourneys.

I was strongly considering starting a tourney the weekend of the 20th but idk if I'll be able to lock down the venue I'm thinking about.

JCav

Smash Lord
There should be biweeklies in Oakland County so I don't have to drive an hour to tourneys.

I was strongly considering starting a tourney the weekend of the 20th but idk if I'll be able to lock down the venue I'm thinking about.
oakland would be great considering that ann arbor is 1 hour+ away and so is this tourney from my house...

also, The Sauce Boss, Mr. Wonderful and myself are only like a mile away from each other so if you have a tourney Gates, well prolly go

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'd be willing to have a smashfest at my place tomorrow. I'm right next to Troy High School (which is over here).

JCav

Smash Lord
I'd be willing to have a smashfest at my place tomorrow. I'm right next to Troy High School (which is over here).
wow thats actually not too far from me, id go but mr wonderful was having a smashfest at his place tomorrow

but Ankoku, i havent played you in a while and your sheik was looking pretty good when i watched a vid the other day. ill have to play you soon...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, I'd've considered Dustin's place, except nobody asked me for a carpool, there's that whole limited parking thing, and I'm apparently unable to travel for tomorrow evening.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
um........i would totally go to either one of these "smashfests" you guys are having.....

jimbocav, why cant you just bring whoever you're going to to tony's instead lol

same with gates....no johns

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Yeah, I'd've considered Dustin's place, except nobody asked me for a carpool, there's that whole limited parking thing, and I'm apparently unable to travel for tomorrow evening.
yeah, I'm not going to that kzoo thing either.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
lol you guys putting smash as a priority for choosing a university probably won't end up graduating from said universities.

you're welcome. That'd be Ankoku, Bowyer, and I, with additional brawl expansionary support from Vayseth and Panda.
Nah not choosing it just as a priority, but it's also because of financial stuff. Right now I have two older brothers, my dad is getting old ( he has a very high paying job though ). But my older bro, who graduated and has a Computer Science and Law degree, hasn't found a job at all (except for a minimum job with bubble tea <3) hasn't found a job yet, so yeah... UM = good school, and scholarships and financial aid stuff. So that's why.

Thank you all :)

OmegaXF's a tall black dude who uses default Marth.
Hmm must be him! XD Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Abu
Man looks like a lotta people r gonna show up.

Cause our tourneys are awesome!
Totally agreed!

Btw, who here plays TvC? Whether or not you're competetive/only played it a little?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I played TvC a little when I was bored of Brawl, but I never really got into the game enough to learn how its blockstrings work (which seems to involve canceling into dashes or something), I was mostly basing my play off of Melty Blood. : P

Gates

Banned via Warnings
um........i would totally go to either one of these "smashfests" you guys are having.....

jimbocav, why cant you just bring whoever you're going to to tony's instead lol

same with gates....no johns
That's actually not a bad idea, especially since I have a better idea where Ankoku lives (somewhere in Troy) than where Wonderful does (somewhere in MI).

Idk, it depends who's closer really. Ankoku, could you PM me your address?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The hilarity of having a memory card with everything unlocked, yet not actually having the game.

Then again, I rarely put any playtime on my Wii. And I never owned a Gamecube.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Panda's really good at that game... or at least he was. Not sure if he's played it in a while.
Mmk. I remember seeing him play TvC at the tournament, but I don't remember him pulling off insane combos (like a combo that takes 2 minutes to do) but yeah I remember he played well. Anyone know a guy at the last who wore a beanie hat/hood or whatever it's called? Had blond/brown long curly hair. He epicly drew the brackets for all the tournaments on a paper PLATE. Lol.

I was mostly basing my play off of Melty Blood. : P
Lol same, playing SF4 was very wierd for me so I tried to play like in TvC ( which doesn't work well :/ ).

Oh btw, my mom just said that we have to visit my brother in Chicago and drive him home, so I probably won't be able to make it unless we can find a way to have my brother stay in the college 1 more day (students have to leave by a certain date) so I can make it. And I carpool my friends in my car so they'll probably not make it either. Is it possible to change the date? Like the saturday after? Might have more people, and so people who are going to EVO and make this tourney too... and some people might still have school the week after June 13th.

Top Bottom