• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

June 13th WB Tourney 3. WHERE WE HELD GRAND FINALS FROM A ****IN CAR

D

Deleted member

Unofficial limited results from memory:

Brawl Teams:

1st - Anther & Judge
2nd - Needle of Juntah & Lain

Melee Teams:

1st - Anther & Shaeden
2nd - Montross & Dope
3rd - Scotu & Bowyer
4th - Mikey Lenetia & Ankoku

Melee Singles:

1st - Dope
2nd - Shaeden
3rd - Mikey Lenetia
4th - Anther (?)

Brawl Singles was still going on when I left. Players left include Judge, Bowyer, Lain, Anther, and possibly a few others.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
GGs Jcav, as always.
Viper, your too good with kirby... lol.
Dope, all I have to say is... GORDO!
Vayseth, good stuff in our battles, it was fun.

see you guys next time.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Good **** to all the guys who won.

I'm really glad this had such a good turnout. Hopefully this means we can have more in-state tourneys. Good job to Ori, Ham, Vayseth, and everyone else who helped run it.

More shoutouts tomorrow when I'm not ****ing tired.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
34 Melee singles and 53 Brawl singles entrants, good **** Michigan.

SamuraiPanda better step it up and stop letting me take a game off of him. He still won the $10 though. :(
Haha, good **** Alan.

3. Anther
4. Bowyer
5. hateoni
5. Omniswell
7. SamuraiPanda
7. Rofa
9. Mikey Lenetia
9. Notra
13. Ankoku
13. Viper
25. SCOTU
33. Dope

Don't really remember much else.

As regards to the tournament, overall I had fun but the organization was a little lacking. Major props to Vayseth for helping things a bunch, and that blue power cord? Really irritating how it knocked out three setups each time.

ATTENTION: I have a copy of Melee that was left at the venue. If you are missing it, let me know where you are and when a good time to hand it over to you would be.

People I played that I will give shoutouts to later:
JCav
Mr. W
Arc
M3rc
Dope
Omniswell
judge
IrisKong
SamuraiPanda
kalamazhu
lain
Montross
MarkLoo
Mikey Lenetia
Shaeden
Anther

Good **** to everyone.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
notra got 9th?!?? holy crap

good **** marcus didnt expect that, stop sandbagging me when im over -.-

did chichi/tutu enter singles? (hes a sheik player from aadl)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hot ArmsS ur a ******* for not coming :)

Top 3 Brawl Singles
1) Lain
2) Judge
3) Anther

OK here is the story....

10 PM we were supposed to leave the venue and have the tournament over. Yet we were a little over half way done.
11 PM the Church custodian arrived and was like WTF why are you still here? but we continued regardless. But she let us continue as we were also doing teardown and remaking the venue.
12 AM Loser Finals ends. Custodian is very mad but one of our TOs (Wii) convinced her to let us stay for 15 more minutes.
12:15 AM everyone who stayed moves out to the parking lot. And yes we did Grand Finals from my friend's car. LAIN vs JUDGE outside playing from a car baby, only in Michigan.
1 AM Grand Finals Ends everyone leaves.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
LOL they played Grand Finals in a car? GHETTO LOL

I have many shoutouts to give to people but man this tournament was AWESOME. I <3 Brawl singles I played some great people.

Props to go:

Anther for putting me in the losers bracket lol
Vayseth for some great games. Your D3 is tight dude.
Sumer for the very close matches in the losers bracket.
Panda for knocking me out the tournament.

Lain, Judged and all the other pros that I didnt get to play but are awesome :) Well actually I did play Lain and Noj in doubles :)

Demp it was really fun talking to you and playing your DK. Wenis of Lore and your friends you guys were too cool :)

Good **** to Ham and Ori for another great tournament this one was amazing. Great seeing again Ori!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
But Puyo Puyo has Fever. D=

I still have Nintendo Puzzle Collection for the GC. The mech's is like Pokemon Puzzle League but has a storyline.

judge!

Smash Ace
fun tourney very....intresting finals XD. shoutouts later soooooooo tired omg

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Michigan Smashers show their support for the auto industry by holding grand finals in a car.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Dope: Good **** playing you in bracket for the first time. I don't understand your falco at all.
Shaeden: as per usual.
Mikey: didn't really get to play you; kinda glad i didn't have to play you, cause you were definitely more unrustylike today
Anther: Not gonna lose to you again.
lain: Just go with Falcon. He's better than your marth against falcos.
Montross: dammit. somehow i missed playing some 1v1s against you. wanted to do that; haven't seen/heard from you since like, too long ago.
Botulismnator: Never. Lose. To. lain. Again.

People I played in Brawl: ggs. Sorry to be so scrub and silly at you guys.

Ori, Ham, W'play, vayseth, other tournament staff and concessions/ check room operators: Thanks for hosting another fine tournament, and pulling such a beautiful turnout. Hope to get another one from you guys in the future.

But seriously, blue marker on hands? Several times i looked down and thought to myself "Oh god! I'm bleeding blue!" It was less a shock that i was bleeding, and more a shock that my blood was blue. weird.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Michigan Smashers show their support for the auto industry by holding grand finals in a car.

Ori, Ham, W'play, vayseth, other tournament staff and concessions/ check room operators: Thanks for hosting another fine tournament, and pulling such a beautiful turnout. Hope to get another one from you guys in the future.

But seriously, blue marker on hands? Several times i looked down and thought to myself "Oh god! I'm bleeding blue!" It was less a shock that i was bleeding, and more a shock that my blood was blue. weird.
thank you SCOTU thats great to hear that.
O and lol about bleeding Blue

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Ori you and the others did a terrific job with this tournament. Much smoother than the last one and the turn out was GREAT. There needs to be more of these, make it happen lol

Btw Im VerticalHorizon.....but you probably knew that already lol

Man im tired but so happy about how everything went down. I can live with 13th/53rd. Next time im gunning for Top 8 though ;)

Vayseth

Smash Master
When full results thread is posted, I'll post shouts. However, I had an awesome time. Thursday through Friday was FILLED TO THE BRIM with smashing and I LOVED it.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
This tourney was pretty fun and good job TO's for stepping it up near the end.

Yeah I finally placed well again! ha... 4th brawl singles, 4th brawl doubles, and 3rd melee doubles, YEAH!... And I'm going to place better next time, watch out.

I'll do shouts once official results get up and such...

But here's additional brawl doubles results:

1. Anther and Judge
2. Lain and NoJ
3. Hateoni and Omni
4. Bowyer and Mikey Lenetia

Dopey

Smash Lord
good tourny glad we finaly had a decent turnout in MI even tho more went for weak azz brawl =p

good to see everyone again. smym is next!!!!!

****ing gordos....LOL

lain

Smash Master
Grand finals were ****ing insane. People are gonna explode when they see them.

To everyone who saw it live: consider yourselves touched.

;D

shoutouts coming.

(post a results thread yo)

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
Shoutouts: ****, that was fun until I was dead and didn't have a ride home =/. Running off of NO SLEEP = no no, also losing both of my brackets matches in melee singles made me very sad =(. I had fun with all the tournies I entered though so it's all good.

Mikey: ****, on fire much?
Juggleguy: Dude, we need moar teaming! aka I rest you and you falcon punch me as our opponents kill themselves =)
Mikey+Ankoku: DSMASH!!!
Kinglet: I got ya back for knocking me to losers =).
Members of Top Drivers who I can't remember the names of: Needs moar G&W MM's
Botulismnator: Yes, I counter picked Green Greens, those blocks are AMAZING at blocking your lasers right as I need to get through =). You were **** though, glad I got to play you, even if you knocked me out of the tourney.
Lain: Your falcon is fun to play against, we need moar at one of my smashfests.
Person who was playing against me with a gamestop controller: /facepalm, get a real controller
Ori+Ham: good stuff, nice tourney, great turn out, all that ****. =)
Juggleguy's Parent: Thanks for the ride home after my ride pulled a hotarms
My own sleep johns: **** you
People I played in Brawl Singles: ZOOZOOZOOZOOZOOZOOZOOOOOOOO!!! *heel drop*

I'm sure I forgot a lot of people =/ but oh well, kudos to you for coming and getting this hyped **** up. I fell asleep in the car home *gasp* twice *gasp* hitting the brakes for red lights woke me up both times. You can only guess how long it took me to pass out when I got home.

Note to self and other night shifters: Request night off for BEFORE TOURNEY and DAY OF TOURNEY.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Oh, by the way, I expect whoever the TO is to tell me which TV and Wii is going to be around the whole time. Seriously, I had to switch which TV I was recording like three different times because people would take their Wii, disconnect my recording equipment, and leave, and 30 minutes later I notice that I've been recording nothing the whole time.

I also lost my first 3-4 hours of recording because **** happened (I was upset about having to relocate so often and accidentally recorded over my old segment without changing file name).

Top Bottom