• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jungle Beatdown - Birmingham, AL - 3/27/10 - ENTRY FEES RAISED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Alright bro, just be careful getting down here and back.

Winnar D: Please do, recording would make this even more enjoyable, especially that we'll be having a crew battle of some sort.

I Like Ike+

matt4300

Smash Ace
I have a recording setup I will PROBABLY bring.

and possibly set up

Also I don't play jiggs+ but I remember NES n00b wrecking the place with rest combos when we last played

<3 :(

Oh, is sheik+ still really silly?
To help people who are gonna be new to + or who played one of the older broken sets.

The general consensus is that Luigi wario diddy peach wolf falco shiek D3 marth pika jiggs lucario squirtle olimar rob and game and watch are all very good.

Lucario, wolf, luigi, pika, jiggs, prolimar and shiek get most of the flack for being OP... zelda gannon and bowser are n00b killers. (but still very good as zeonstar may show)

Mario and sonic are the worst characters in the game. (AKA Olympic teir) with Ivy following close.

Yoshi, link, samus, ICs, Fox, and Snake are underated for all that havent gotten ***** by a good yoshi, or camped by a good snake yet. Pit was underated for a while to. Probley because he got very little changes. Fox got nerfed heavily last set so some fox mains say he sucks now ... Wich i don't belive for a second

People can't agree on metaknight... Because of all the heavy nerfing some say hes gonna be midtier at best. Others think hes still ridiculous, and un-nerfable. Main things to remeber are Dsmash has less killpower and speed, whorenado can be attacked or shot through to hit meta and has landing lag, Up-b has much less kill power, and IDC glitch is gone. Oh and he is easier to kill among other nerfs.

But honestly with no Infins or completely busted matchups (mario vs lucario?)Its all gonna be about matchups and whos the better player. Nothing unwinnable like D3 vs Dk or marth vs Ness like in vbrawl.(regular brawl)

nice1

Smash Lord
R all tha games just 5 bucks I'm deciding on commin but not there isn't a good turnout and only five bucks to enter o null cuz

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
R all tha games just 5 bucks I'm deciding on commin but not there isn't a good turnout and only five bucks to enter o null cuz
I think we should get rid of door fee and make games $10

~what does everyone else think? I just disagree with door fee for an apartment :dizzy:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I think we've brought this up multiple times, about the door fee that is. I'm not sure if this would change at all.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Regardless of whether or not people are happy with a door fee, since Zero is providing the venue to play at, he has the right to ask for your money. Granted, having the door fee cost as much as the tournament one wants to enter is ridiculous.

Also, $5 entry fee means that this isn't -really- a tournament--It's a glorified Smashfest (which makes sense, given how many other games Zero would like to fit in if there's people that want to play). I could do that at home and save myself $50 in gas money. I'm of the mind that raising the tournament fee is a good idea.

(I'm not going to this, mind you--I'm off to HERB. Just figured I'd share my thoughts.)

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Also, $5 entry fee means that this isn't -really- a tournament--It's a glorified Smashfest (which makes sense, given how many other games Zero would like to fit in if there's people that want to play). I could do that at home and save myself $50 in gas money. I'm of the mind that raising the tournament fee is a good idea.
I agree with this statement. I only do $5 entry when attendance is hella low. 10 per person is very reasonable and it gives people reason to drive more than 2 hours.

I'm not 100% on coming to this or HERB (due to lack of people able to go with me and possibly my car)

ps: Matt you should come to my next monthly we have quite a crowd that normally comes to them. Though the last one was rather weak.

matt4300

Smash Ace
I agree with this statement. I only do $5 entry when attendance is hella low. 10 per person is very reasonable and it gives people reason to drive more than 2 hours.

I'm not 100% on coming to this or HERB (due to lack of people able to go with me and possibly my car)

ps: Matt you should come to my next monthly we have quite a crowd that normally comes to them. Though the last one was rather weak.
Man I wish I could but its hard enough getting to the monthly in B'ham... Wich is about 50 mins away. Way to much gas money...

Winnar

Smash Lord
What makes mario so bad?

KO <333333 We should do b+ doubles if you show up fo reelz (friendlies unless you want to team with me for b+ tourney which would be sweeeeeeet). I wish your tournaments weren't like 5-6 hours away from me ;-;

Also I don't mind a door fee since I know it is going directly towards pizza and stuff. Maybe lower door fee would be better though. Plus it encourages people to bring setups, which is nice.

Also also the problem with bringing my recording setup is that it is a gigantic pain in the *** to set up, record, make sure no one has kicked it or done something really really stupid to my freaking laptop (which I will rage so hard the apartment collapses instantly), then the whole process of separating and uploading matches is a huge pain too.

All in all it's just a huge pain and if I take it then I feel obligated to upload everything which I don't even think I really have time to do this semester

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Set ups have never been a problem!

<.<;; actually who all is bringing one anyway?

Zero we're teaming for B+ aren't we?

and ok Winnar, I understand. <.< I just really wish mine wasn't broken.

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
well it has unfortunately been confirmed that i will be unable to attend this......today a slippery road has ensured that my car will be unable to make the drive, hopefully within the next month i will be coming up there

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
You don't mean you wrecked today did you?

D:

Hopefully the car trouble can be fixed soon

Veril

Frame Savant
HAZAH!!! i have talked with the project leader veril... The FINAL gold brawl+ set comes out the morning of the tourney... im getting a sneak peak right now.

Lucarios gay *** uthrow is gone... and stage boundaries are a tad smaller so his aura gayness doenst last aslong...
Oh man, Epic fail.

First off, wrong day. Sunday morning is what I told you (and that saturday would be HIGHLY UNLIKELY but that I would try for you), it isn't officially announced in any form and you absolutely have blown 100% of my trust in you with this ****.

You even told me the tournament was on sunday >.<

You also don't have the new boundaries or the actual gold set, just some of the significant changes (like MK's IDC removal and Lucario's up-throw fix). This set is absolutely not public, final, or anything but an incomplete prototype. The sakurai angle fixes aren't coded, for example.

Seriously, I'm sorry to everyone who got hyped by this BS. It is not getting released saturday morning. Matt fails. If the TO really wants specific changes ahead of time, they should PM me about this and maybe we can work something out.

matt4300

Smash Ace
What makes mario so bad?
Lack of reliable kill moves. One of the bottom 3 recoverys in the game. Little damage compared to other chars that combo just aswell. His cape gives BACK some chars up-bs (sonic, LUCARIO!) apparently its not a big enough deal for them to fix.

Point is... If you cant gimp or combo your opponent you might aswell put your controller down. Wich means dont fight anyone with multi jumps(hard to gimp)... Any floaties(hard to combo)... anyone that can gimp well(mario has a terrible recovery)... or anyone that out ranges him(he has some of the worst range in the game and a mediocre projectile)...

matt4300

Smash Ace
Oh man, Epic fail.

First off, wrong day. Sunday morning is what I told you (and that saturday would be HIGHLY UNLIKELY but that I would try for you), it isn't officially announced in any form and you absolutely have blown 100% of my trust in you with this ****.

You even told me the tournament was on sunday >.<

You also don't have the new boundaries or the actual gold set, just some of the significant changes (like MK's IDC removal and Lucario's up-throw fix). This set is absolutely not public, final, or anything but an incomplete prototype. The sakurai angle fixes aren't coded, for example.

Seriously, I'm sorry to everyone who got hyped by this BS. It is not getting released saturday morning. Matt fails.
double post....

WTF.... >_>' I missunderstood you apparently... I thought you said saturday... I said the 27th... And I know I didnet have the finished set... you told me I didn't. That dude that posted in the workshop ****ed me... Was I not soposed to say anything?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Well according to my list of sorts we still have a possible 20 if we can confirm that Huntstville is still wanting to go to this. If not that makes it 16. I'd also like word from Scourge and Munkus, and a confirmation from the TN players.

I'm interested if someone else from AU is driving.
If Cam somehow manages to bring Alias, Ritsune, Wuffy, and M3T that would be rather beneficial.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Oh man, Epic fail.

Ouch.

Dude it isn't a big deal calm down. Information leaks (and mis-leaks) happen ALL THE TIME. You need to chill out.

Besides, it's not like our having a b+ tournament is contingent on getting this ultra-new codeset that no one would even have the chance to practice with.

PS B+ is awesome and you're awesome

Elev8 - lol dude TWO people canceled. I don't think you should be worried yet.

edit - yeah munkus said a while back he was going to his poketourney

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Nice1, I've been trying my best to get hype from SRK and I think we're going to have a good turnout for SFIV, maybe... 15 or so. Some OoS are interested in TvC, lol. Smash looks to be pretty good.

Munkus said he had a Pokemon tourney on the 17th, which was the initial tournament date before rescheduling.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Ouch.

Dude it isn't a big deal calm down. Information leaks (and mis-leaks) happen ALL THE TIME. You need to chill out.

Besides, it's not like our having a b+ tournament is contingent on getting this ultra-new codeset that no one would even have the chance to practice with.

PS B+ is awesome and you're awesome

Elev8 - lol dude TWO people canceled. I don't think you should be worried yet.

edit - yeah munkus said a while back he was going to his poketourney
Thanks man... Ive talked with him. Hes just got alot of presure on him. I skrewed up. I asked him if the date of the final set was before this tourney.

Anyway... This tourneys turnout looks to be pretty sweet. I can't wait. New set or not. MCkilla you comeing?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yea he said he was confirmed a while back, he's wanting to play Touhou, Brawl +, and Melee

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Pshh, you ain't even gonna win though.

And everyone concerned about oversaturation, come on, do you seriously think that there is going to be a tournament for Guilty Gear, Arcana Heart, etc.?

Seriously, the only games with a large enough community here for a decent turnout are Smash, SF IV, BB, and T6. Insane, right???

Reflex... I don't know where to begin with you. Expect a wall of text in the near future.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Zero, in their defense I am going to agree with them. $5 event fee's just bother me for some reason. It was the same way with your tournament in January.

Karate Explosion, TWMDW, TTSFG, all were fine and had little complaints, of course the turn outs were a bit low, but everyone had fun.

Plus, I wouldn't have want to go to AU's tournament if they had a $5 entry fee, I just happen to be excited for this because it's right down the road. :/

eagletrent242

Smash Apprentice
Just a heads up. I play soccer for Gdale and we kinda made it to the semi-finals in our tournament so I'll have a game earlier on Saturday (this won't conflict at all) but if we win by some miracle (we really suck so getting this far is shocking), I won't be making this because the game will be at 2. But it's just a heads up for if you don't see me. Expect me there though.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol should I be rooting for you?

We wont be seeing that recording set up though will we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom