• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TheTTimeLives

Smash Cadet
Why K.Rool sucks.. YES I HAVE READ THE COMMON ARGUMENTS AGAINST:

His monster side is better covered by Bowser or Ridley.
His derangement, scientist aspect is better covered by getting Eggman.
His attacks are REALLY boring and his minions are the same.

I mean seriously guys, King K.Rool is one of the most requested additions? Right up there with getting Mewtwo back, Megaman (hopefully X) and Ridley? This must be one of the longest trolls in history.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No he's an insane lunatic with some serious issues going on. That's why he could never be boring.

He's also got the most character out of basically all Nintendo villians I could mention (besides maybe Fawful :awesome: ). Especially Ridley. He only had 'sort of a character' as Little Birdie. :rolleyes:

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I mean seriously guys, King K.Rool is one of the most requested additions? Right up there with getting Mewtwo back, Megaman (hopefully X) and Ridley? This must be one of the longest trolls in history.
Please die.

D

Deleted member

I'd be all for tearing him a new one about his flawed crap arguments, but he clearly looks like the typical idiot that is unreasonable.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The guy makes a habit of coming into popular or likely character threads, especially the *most* popular. Clearly it hasn't been explained to him that it's not a good idea, or he's just an idiot.

It's sort of like the time he made a "discussion thread" that started out giving his stance that "He doesn't like Little Mac, or understand why people like him, but it's cool if people want to discuss it. Even though he sucks!"

It's easier to troll characters that you know nothing about, especially if you get off on creating "controversy" in popular threads.

So, yes...

Please die.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Maybe it's better covered, they don't cover BOTH aspects. K Rool is better at being a multifaceted villain

Also, Robotnik isn't going to get into the game anyway

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Anyway!

Looks like K. Rool fever's getting around!

Gamenesia posted it's "Challenger Approaching: K. Rool" thing today, and Zelda Informer (The crown prince of rumors) and Op. Monfall posted it on Facebook.

It sort of looks to ME like they found our thread and copy-pasted some things, but I could be wrong, and either way it's awesome.

http://www.gamnesia.com/articles/challenger-approaching-king-k.-rool

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just hoping that guy was a failed troll...there can't be people that stupid...there just can't...

*fetal position*

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'm glad you enjoyed it...out of the many movesets I've made, Baron ranks up there among the best, definitely better than my King and Kaptain. KAOS would be my preferred Final Smash for K. Rool, but I really don't think he'd get anything but Cannonball Barrage.

Yeah, Cannonball Barrage or Blast-o-Matic is prolly what'll most likely happen.

No he's an insane lunatic with some serious issues going on. That's why he could never be boring.

He's also got the most character out of basically all Nintendo villians I could mention (besides maybe Fawful :awesome: ). Especially Ridley. He only had 'sort of a character' as Little Birdie. :rolleyes:

I agree that K. Rool's one of the Nintendo villains with the most character, but disagree that Ridley only had any as Birdie. That's kinda downplaying itself.

Death is too good for him.
His punishment must be more severe.

Anyway!

Gamenesia posted it's "Challenger Approaching: K. Rool" thing today, and Zelda Informer (The crown prince of rumors) and Op. Monfall posted it on Facebook.

It sort of looks to ME like they found our thread and copy-pasted some things, but I could be wrong, and either way it's awesome.

Yeah, seems like more of the same, but still a nice read.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same here. And trolling or not, death for such a small thing is kinda overreacting wouldn't you say?

Still, congratz with the 1.000 posts BKupa.

Well, tbh, Little Birdie shows more personality in Ridley than ever before. But I'll keep Ridley out of here as long as the Strong one stops doing what he does. :smirk:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Anyway!

What parts did you think appeared most similar to our thread? I noticed the Gangplank Galleon music ideas, but it's not as though that's an uncommon stage idea. Anyways, it's a nice enough article, certainly better than those Smash-It-Up IGN features pre-Brawl that profiled Wart and Eggplant Wizard, but not K. Rool on their "villain day."

Plus, Layupfreak will be pleased they used his avatar as their K. Rool image. :smirk:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
K. Rool would be awesome. He's a very deserving character I think. A costume swap for Kaptain K. Rool would be great if he got in too.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ahoy there!

1000 posts is quite a feat! Shows how K. Rool is popular and should be in SSB4!

That said, congratulations BKupa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

Obvious troll is obvious.

Where's Hades? You can't beat the awesomeness of the Lord of the Underworld!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
IGN is just... well, I often wonder wtf they're still doing on the internet honestly.

That article was well written actually. Cool note that they also say K.Rool is one of the most ambitious Nintendo villains around.

Hades is not there cause I'm too poor to buy a 3DS or Wii U. So never played Uprising.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
IGN is just... well, I often wonder wtf they're still doing on the internet honestly.

That article was well written actually. Cool note that they also say K.Rool is one of the most ambitious Nintendo villains around.

Hades is not there cause I'm too poor to buy a 3DS or Wii U. So never played Uprising.
Diddy Kong shouldn't be supporting King K. Rool. (Pun intended)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Same here. And trolling or not, death for such a small thing is kinda overreacting wouldn't you say?

Still, congratz with the 1.000 posts BKupa.

Well, tbh, Little Birdie shows more personality in Ridley than ever before. But I'll keep Ridley out of here as long as the Strong one stops doing what he does. :smirk:
Eh, that's kinda debatable, but fair enough.

I've seen A LOT worse.

Yeah, just be thankful this thread doesn't have someone on nessokman levels of persistent trolling and idiocy.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This thread just like 2007 again, except a lot more civil
These days K. Rool doesn't have to compete with Diddy, either.

Although, these are the pre-announcement days. In 2007 Brawl was full-speed...

I'm sure it'll start to heat up with all the new people and nay-sayers showing up after the official announcement.

Brace yourself.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'm sure it will, and the nay-sayers will all easily be shot down.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Only because K. Rool had competition with Diddy at the time. Now all he has to compete with is Dixie, which isn't much in comparison.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly I have a feeling K.Rool will be revealed before the flood of newcomers come in.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Dixie on her own, not really, but the idea of a Diddy/Dixie team still amuses me. I guess it's a combination of my love for Ice Climbers/Pokemon Trainer and how they could almost share normals but have different specials and the like and my dislike against fighting Brawl's top tier annoying as **** Diddy Kong

Still, K. Rool before that, please

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd prefer as much DKC-repping as possible if you ask me. The dream outcome in my opinion is K. Rool and a Dixie/Kiddy teamup. Although like I've said before, Dixie would likely be a luigified version of Diddy with lots of changes.

That to me is still fine, because Wolf-like clones are still pretty interesting

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'd prefer as much DKC-repping as possible if you ask me. The dream outcome in my opinion is K. Rool and a Dixie/Kiddy teamup.

This is what I personally hope for.

Although like I've said before, Dixie would likely be a luigified version of Diddy with lots of changes.

That to me is still fine, because Wolf-like clones are still pretty interesting

I expected them to share a lot of similar normals/properties on normals with their Down and Side specials shared, changing between the two and throwing their partner respectively, with unique Neutral and Up Special. I read this theory that Diddy's Side Special was modeled after when he's thrown in DKC 2, and it's known that Diddy's Down Special was Sakurai's hasty replacement after Dixie ended up not working. Funny how that lazy move ended up being the biggest reason Diddy is top tier.

Top Bottom