• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He climbs down from a ladder from the Flying Croc perhaps?

:phone:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly I think that one is perfect.

Can't think of anything remotely that awesome.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's how he escaped in DKC2, so I found that most fitting.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ridley's thread has exactly 1,000 more posts than K. Rool's.

HOW DOES IT FEEL, BKOOPS.

Maybe you should just give up.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
At least here we're not talking about you know... What K.Rool could do with his tail. :rolleyes:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
NO!

We've got bananas for that. ;) :banana:

Holy **** this needs to stop...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, at least K. Rool isn't guaranteed to be a bottom tier character. Remember, Sakurai called Ganondorf "slow" too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Big target, slow, and skinny thus = not so heavy?

I sence a new Mewtwo syndrome. :troll:

OH AND QUEEN OMEGA TOTALLY ****ED RIDLEY'S **** UP!

And this is why we can't have nice things.

K.Rool gets mauled by several sharks and he still survives. After an epic dual with Diddy and Dixie, and after being smashed in the face by Donkey Kong's uppercut of total devistation which knocked him off a.. pretty damn high distance...

Yeah I'm pretty sure K.Rool > Ridley. :smirk:

K.ROOL HAS STYLE!

HE KNOWS HOW TO TREAT A LADY!

(lessons in substetly wouldn't really work though...)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Seriously though. K.Rool said he had a wife in DKC3. Yet we've never seen her on screen.

This was most likely a joke from Rare though

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Bananas were actually his wife's favorite food but she fell ill one day and could no longer eat. Health care is not easy to come by on those islands, so she eventually succumbed to her fate. Her last words to her king, and her husband, were "I'm so hungry... If only I could have one last ba..."

Heartbroken, K. Rool tries to gather all of the bananas he can find to lay at his wife's grave, but Donkey Kong's greedy *** would rather horde them all to himself. I MEAN WHY WOULD HE KEEP SO MANY BANANAS DOWN THERE UNDER HIS TREEHOUSE. HE'D ONLY EAT A FEW BEFORE THOUSANDS WENT BAD.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That reminds me...here's a fanon explanation I found as to how K. Rool became his current self, courtesy of EvangeliKong from DKC Atlas. It also manages to piece the DKC Cartoon into the series' events, shockingly enough.

[COLLAPSE=". . ."]Look, the show revolves around Donkey Kong's CHILDHOOD, and Kongo Bongo Island is actually DK Island BEFORE DK became the ruler of Island.

Few days after the Last Episode, "Just Kidding." Crystal Coconut finally confirmed Donkey Kong as the current ruler of Kongo Bongo, and the whole island sharped to resemble DK's head.

Unfortunately, that took all the Crystal Coconut's power and it destroyed itself. After K. Rool found about his defeat, he went insane and attacked to DK and friends with the help of Captain Scurvy. The big fight sadly killed Cartoon!Candy, which caused DK to go very sad, but also very angry to K. Rool and destroyed the entire army of Kritters HIMSELF. Then K. Rool, Scurvy and some other Kritters escaped with Pirate Ship.

Donkey Kong got very despressed from Candy's death and Cranky told DK, sarcastically, to collect every banana in the island so he could forget Candy. DK took this seriously and started the gathering of his future Banana Hoard.

Five Years have passed, when Kritters return. K. Rool had heard about DK's amazing Banana Hoard from some pirate pub or something and wanted to steal it. K. Rool now was very different from his cartoon personality, destruction of Crystal Coconut made him an insane monster who wanted to destroy DK anyway possible, like stealing DK's banana hoard and then attacking him.

But DK had also changed, he was no longer singing happy himself from the cartoon. When he has guarded his Banana Hoard every day and every night for many years, he has gone brutal and less intelligent monkey who beats up everyone who try to stole his banana hoard. DK also found a new girlfriend, who is also called Candy. Bluster had finally got his mother's money and moved away, leaving a huge set of barrels around the island. Cranky, Diddy, Funky and Dixie are still the same however.

And then one night Kritters stole DK's banana hoard and events of DKC Games start.

Well?[/COLLAPSE]

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Is that Candy model really from DK64? Or a polished version of it? Cause DAMN. It looks good. Quality wise of coarse.

DK keeps the Banana Hoard cause he's a buff *** mofo who needs to eat lots of stuff to keep his physique. :dkbrawl: Plus, he's probably Vitamin C deficient...

BKupa, that story even makes sence in a way I couldn't comprehent before. :surprised:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I MEAN WHY WOULD HE KEEP SO MANY BANANAS DOWN THERE UNDER HIS TREEHOUSE. HE'D ONLY EAT A FEW BEFORE THOUSANDS WENT BAD.
I'd imagine the bananas being covered in this disgusting blue and white fuzzy mold, and Donkey Kong was sitting in a corner and eating those disgusting things with the most unnerving glare ever.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Hey, at least K. Rool isn't guaranteed to be a bottom tier character. Remember, Sakurai called Ganondorf "slow" too.
Dunno about guaranteed as far as Ridley, but I can see K. Rool being like Dedede in terms of speed, which definitely isn't a bad thing, and hey, they're both kings. :awesome:

Big target, slow, and skinny thus = not so heavy?

I sence a new Mewtwo syndrome. :troll:

OH AND QUEEN OMEGA TOTALLY ****ED RIDLEY'S **** UP!

And this is why we can't have nice things.

K.Rool gets mauled by several sharks and he still survives. After an epic dual with Diddy and Dixie, and after being smashed in the face by Donkey Kong's uppercut of total devistation which knocked him off a.. pretty damn high distance...

Yeah I'm pretty sure K.Rool > Ridley. :smirk:

K.ROOL HAS STYLE!

HE KNOWS HOW TO TREAT A LADY!

(lessons in substetly wouldn't really work though...)
Ridley would only suffer from a Mewtwo syndrome if he was slow while airborne too, but the general consensus is that he'd only be slow while on the ground, so TRY AGAIN.

The Queen Metroid only killed a weakened, dying clone Ridley. At the very least a full-powered Ridley could crack the Queen's shell.

Kinda hard to compare who can ultimately take more between Nintendo's two reptilian leaders, but Ridley's obviously survived much worse things than stuff like sharks, and whose better between the two is pretty subjective as well even with your OVERUSED ANTHONY QUOTES, so won't really touch on that.

Seriously though. K.Rool said he had a wife in DKC3. Yet we've never seen her on screen.

This was most likely a joke from Rare though
Well if he did, we know he used his wife's materials to create that Kaos thing without her permission most likely. Oh how that must've bitten him in the ***, in addition to what the Banana Bird Queen did to him once she was freed.

That reminds me...here's a fanon explanation I found as to how K. Rool became his current self, courtesy of EvangeliKong from DKC Atlas. It also manages to piece the DKC Cartoon into the series' events, shockingly enough.

[COLLAPSE=". . ."]Look, the show revolves around Donkey Kong's CHILDHOOD, and Kongo Bongo Island is actually DK Island BEFORE DK became the ruler of Island.

Few days after the Last Episode, "Just Kidding." Crystal Coconut finally confirmed Donkey Kong as the current ruler of Kongo Bongo, and the whole island sharped to resemble DK's head.

Unfortunately, that took all the Crystal Coconut's power and it destroyed itself. After K. Rool found about his defeat, he went insane and attacked to DK and friends with the help of Captain Scurvy. The big fight sadly killed Cartoon!Candy, which caused DK to go very sad, but also very angry to K. Rool and destroyed the entire army of Kritters HIMSELF. Then K. Rool, Scurvy and some other Kritters escaped with Pirate Ship.

Donkey Kong got very despressed from Candy's death and Cranky told DK, sarcastically, to collect every banana in the island so he could forget Candy. DK took this seriously and started the gathering of his future Banana Hoard.

Five Years have passed, when Kritters return. K. Rool had heard about DK's amazing Banana Hoard from some pirate pub or something and wanted to steal it. K. Rool now was very different from his cartoon personality, destruction of Crystal Coconut made him an insane monster who wanted to destroy DK anyway possible, like stealing DK's banana hoard and then attacking him.

But DK had also changed, he was no longer singing happy himself from the cartoon. When he has guarded his Banana Hoard every day and every night for many years, he has gone brutal and less intelligent monkey who beats up everyone who try to stole his banana hoard. DK also found a new girlfriend, who is also called Candy. Bluster had finally got his mother's money and moved away, leaving a huge set of barrels around the island. Cranky, Diddy, Funky and Dixie are still the same however.

And then one night Kritters stole DK's banana hoard and events of DKC Games start.

Well?[/COLLAPSE]
Kinda too dark a take on the DK series for my liking, but could see that happening just as well. Would prefer if K. Rool maintained his personality though even after the Crystal Coconut's destruction.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Whoa, where'd you get that from?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I reckoned it was to emphasize K. Rool's physical superiority to DK.

Oh, it's a Gmod. That explains it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That size is pretty consistent with his size in the DKC series.

Y'know, maybe it isn't after all...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Except that K. Rool suffers from the same size inconsistency problems as Bowser. Hell, he's roughly Donkey Kong's size in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Are you saying he's ...too big?
Everything is too big at this point. Sonic's head is too big, King Dedede's hammer is too big, Meta Knight's brokenness is too big, Yoshi's apatite is too big, Ike's sword is too big, Peach's stupidity is too big, Pit's arrogance is too big, Samus's breasts are too big etc.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
However large K. Rool may be in the original DKC, his proportions in Donkey Kong Land, as seen here, would transition seamlessly into Smash. This version of K. Rool is ever so slightly larger than DK.

Also, Diddy, that Candy image was a high-res version of her DK64 model, taken from her bio page on DKVine.

D

Deleted member

Wait a minute. THAT'S why K. Rool wasn't in DKCR! He was having a marital dispute with his wife at the time for using her pots and pans!

Watashi

Smash Cadet
K Rool never got as big as Bowser or Ridley, but he was pretty big in DK 64.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Wait a minute. THAT'S why K. Rool wasn't in DKCR! He was having a marital dispute with his wife at the time for using her pots and pans!
Ah, of course. Damn wife.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
However large K. Rool may be in the original DKC, his proportions in Donkey Kong Land, as seen here, would transition seamlessly into Smash. This version of K. Rool is ever so slightly larger than DK.

Also, Diddy, that Candy image was a high-res version of her DK64 model, taken from her bio page on DKVine.
I would've thought so. It was really well done though!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
After getting my SNES back out and popping in DKC3 because Nintendo was too much a prick to leave a notice on when they'd take it off the American virtual consoles, I'm kinda liking that Roolenstein moveset more from the 1st post. Summoning Kaos would be epic, even compared to the usual final smash ideas given for King and Kaptain K. Rool, IMO.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
After getting my SNES back out and popping in DKC3 because Nintendo was too much a prick to leave a notice on when they'd take it off the American virtual consoles, I'm kinda liking that Roolenstein moveset more from the 1st post. Summoning Kaos would be epic, even compared to the usual final smash ideas given for King and Kaptain K. Rool, IMO.
I'm glad you enjoyed it...out of the many movesets I've made, Baron ranks up there among the best, definitely better than my King and Kaptain. KAOS would be my preferred Final Smash for K. Rool, but I really don't think he'd get anything but Cannonball Barrage.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm glad you enjoyed it...out of the many movesets I've made, Baron ranks up there among the best, definitely better than my King and Kaptain. KAOS would be my preferred Final Smash for K. Rool, but I really don't think he'd get anything but Cannonball Barrage.
See, I'm still hoping for a Blast-o-Matic in the background. That would be AWESOME.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Blast-o-Matic would be ultimate fan service yeah.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I saw the topic title's request and was quite bored, so for you loyal supporters of K.Rool, I whipped up this for you.

Sorry if it's rather large. I got bit more creative this time too.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wow, that's an excellent button! I particularly like the blend between his render and sprite...it appears as though he's throwing the 'SSK4' logo in the corner as well.

Since it is a little large, I resized it down to a 100 x 50 size, like some other buttons I've seen, in case people don't want it filling all of their signature space. Both sizes are now listed in the OP, both under K. Rool Media and at the bottom of the Kutthroat list.

Top Bottom