• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Brawl Presents: Get HYPE! II (ft. Kansas Melee / Project M)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Tech, we need another stage if you want to keep it

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Oh my God, I love you and your stage list. 2 Stage Bans large stage list! <3

Take Skyworld. Switch my vote to Luigi's Mansion if it saves another stage.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
SKYWORLD? No!

Luigi's mansion I guess is okay due to no MK, but have fun with Bpow getting 1st by circle camping.

Pictochat, there's a real mans stage.

If you are getting rid of stages, Castle Siege is like the worst stage of all time.

Also you should ban PS1 because someone fell through the stage again this weekend in tournament.

TLDR;

Add picto

Get rid of ps1 and CS.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
My vote is for picto is possible.
Otherwise

first take off ps2, but still keep full stage striking.
if the battle is clearly between luigis and skyworld, i want luigis.

DeLux

I won't be using my stage ban on the extra stage. I'd go ICs on LM and Pit/Wario for Skyworld for days

Therefore, everyone your question is irrelevant

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Because if one player is going to win if allowed to play on that stage every time, then you would ban that stage. I, for one, am certainly not going to be banning either of those stages in most every circumstance. You are welcome to ban it against me. I encourage you to spend your ban on a middle of the road stage for me.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Definitely interested but gotta wait and see if other CO people plan on coming and the like.

Love the stage list.

Please keep Luigi's.

:phone:

Dnyce

Smash Master
I vote for adding luigis...

cause well... I feel like I would be the only one to vote getting rid of FD... and **** skyworld yo

DeLux

I vote to remove PS2, but I'll only tie break since I'm 99% sure I'm not entering

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I vote for adding luigis...

cause well... I feel like I would be the only one to vote getting rid of FD... and **** skyworld yo
As much as I preach that you should ban FD before half the stages that people want to lose for various rule sets, I can't vote to ditch FD with so many alternatives included and two stage bans.

Banning FD would make me smile though.

DeLux

Without the long essay about legal contexts of video gaming I'll summarize it:

It has a hitbox

DeLux

Vote for it (and along with other people) to be put in and I'll run it no questions asked

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
My vote goes for Skyworld. Also you should add Colorado to the list of states interested in coming. We're about 80% likely to come btw. At least Dan, Rubio, and I are.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I don't want to waste my extra ban on ****ing sk.....

wait...

Did fino suggest getting rid of FD?

I change my mind, ban that stage instead.

Ban D3 while you're at it.

Kel

Smash Master
I vote Luigi's mansion.

Wait, this is MK banned and there are 12+ ICS going and LM is their best stage......

Maybe Skyworld.....

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Get rid of Luigi's Mansion. That is beyond ********. I will go out of my way to circle camp everyone if it's legal.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Instead of attacking the idea, I'll ask this.

Why in the world did you chose those 2 stages as the choices for this event?

Luigi's is Counter-banned at best.

Skyworld is Banned-Counter-Banned at best.

I mean, I think there have got to be a few stages, picto not even included, that are more tournament approprate than those, imo, but I respect Lux's opinion so I'd like to hear his explaination.

I know he hates Halberd because it has hitboxes, which I respect and that's why picto doesn't fit his style of rules set, but skyworld is so wtf I'm shocked and think he's trolling tbh.

Hanenbow would be an awesome stage imo, let's do that!

DeLux

The platform layout on Skyworld is similar to Brinstar, without the Acid (aka random hitbox) hazards that makes it unfit for competitive play.

There are tactical elements that can be done on the stage to prevent things like ledge stalling (break the ledge to force recovery and help prevent sharking)
It is completely non random (bottom platform on a timer and platform breaking based on percent damage approx 41% on timer respawn), with a surprising amount of depth for those that have played on it.

Given most of the stages that are removed for having hitboxes were one's that generally benefited characters that thrived from higher aerial utility, I threw in skyworld as an option to see if:

A. People would like the stage
B. Artificially balance the stagelist away from a ground centric play in the event it was pushed forward (because let's be honest, the increasing popularity of the Japanese Ruleset is horrifyingly ground centric at the point of exclusion, rather than consistency centric which is why I individually chose each stage of the current 10 through a specific litmus test)

I'm actually surprised of the positive reception it's gotten from a lot of people thus far, since I thought I was the only person that felt it had legitimate competitive merit. To my knowledge there haven't been many tests in tournament of the stage's viability, and there was a period that i did some test matches on it with various characters.

Would I go there with my ICs or ZSS? Probably not, along with other characters
Would I go there with my Wario or Pit? Probably among other characters

But keep in mind that the liberal stage list is going to be tempered by multiple stage bans. The last major tournament with two stage bans was MLG, and they has 16 stages legal? This is 11 stages with 2 stage bans.

Obviously it's pretty radical so I wasn't just going to set it automatically as the stagelist. As I stated earlier, my preference (in line with WTP) would be to simply remove PS2 and run 9 stages with 2 stage bans. But I'm letting people voice their opinion on the subject and am watching the discussion as it develops. As the discussion develops, I'll finalize a ruleset

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
alright i'm showing. I decided, i'mma try my best to convince krystedez to come.

MK banned for sure? lol, i'm not afraid of 90% of the players now.

MJG screaming free now.

Kain is still scary but still screaming free.

Shugo SCREAMING FREE

All ya'll screaming free now.

DeLux

Renegade, live stream money match?

You name $ amount?

Top Bottom