• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
If I remember, I'll DO it! You can then use the video to bluff people and make them believe you're some crazy Kirby mainer who went to Pound4 and placed high! :bee:
A1 vs A2 match? Sure the ditto is stupid, but why not, right? :laugh:

As for the hotel room, I actually don't know. I just know I'm rooming with Iskascribble, Banhammer, and the God Kais. So yeah, YBM... where are we staying? :laugh:

Not sure when we'll (We being Iskascribble Banhammer and myself, as well as Ally and his GF since Scribz is giving them a ride.) get there (depends on how lost we will be and how punctual greyhounds and other transports are for Ally and myself to get to where Scribz is), but probably won't be till after 6 PM on Sat.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
If I remember, I'll DO it! You can then use the video to bluff people and make them believe you're some crazy Kirby mainer who went to Pound4 and placed high! :bee:

A1 vs A2 match? Sure the ditto is stupid, but why not, right? :laugh:

As for the hotel room, I actually don't know. I just know I'm rooming with Iskascribble, Banhammer, and the God Kais. So yeah, YBM... where are we staying? :laugh:

Not sure when we'll (We being Iskascribble Banhammer and myself, as well as Ally and his GF since Scribz is giving them a ride.) get there (depends on how lost we will be and how punctual greyhounds and other transports are for Ally and myself to get to where Scribz is), but probably won't be till after 6 PM on Sat.
That would be epic.

Me bragging said:
Not only am I a beast Kirby, I can also play dittos against myself. I'm just that awesome.
And lol at your room situation.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Paint it pink.
/+1postcount

Make some cardboard/thick newspaper eyes and mouth, then glue/tape them onto Kirby's face after you're done painting the body, then paint them a different color (or beforehand)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ha that's pretty cool. SB tops it off.

I think you should wrap pink tissue paper around it rather than painting it.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I like the tissue paper idea but only if you can get it to lay flat. You could get some of that streamer stuff for birthdays and tear it into pieces and paste them on... Or do the same with tissue paper. That way you get it to lay flat.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I dunno, I personally think that painting it as it is right now will make it look weirder, but in a cool way...

I guess some tissue paper around it, then taping the tissue paper down around the whole body with fat duct tape so it keeps a smooth round shape wouldn't be a bad idea.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I think PR will have a livestream where our players will usually play, all of us have laptops and one of us has a capture card, and almost all of us have livestream and ustream accounts (I know I do). It all depends on the venue's internet and whatnot.
I really thought you were saying Power Rankings before I read your location. ;_;

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
My Pound4 pool has Seibrik (MK) and Pierce (Marth). Hmm, this'll be interesting... Good thing I second ZSS in case my Kirby fails me.

I really thought you were saying Power Rankings before I read your location. ;_;
Hahaha! I knew my location would come in handy sometime! :F

T-nuts

Smash Ace
oh ****, ive heard of seibrik. serious MKs man.

anyway in that a1 match it should be a1 vs tnuts. cmon! rep two board members at once!? :)

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Seibrik and Pierce? Ooh you got screwed over by seding, anyway first 3 advance right? And I'm pretty sure you can take Pierce, Seibrik will be a toughie (seeing as he recently beat Ally and all)

EDIT: Kewkk I don't know where you got that from, but I saw this as being your pool.

Aposl
Kewkky
Jash
JJVirus
MPD
Vex Kasrani

I which case I think you're pretty solid, I know Jash is a decent TL and Vex is a decent Bowser, but I think you can beat them both.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Nah tierse, they did some editing on the pool last time I was browsing the thread, and they posted the updates separately cuz in my pool, another PR player was there... So they split us up, and put me in Pool 21.

I'm not scared of anyone in my pool, but Seibrik might be a little tough for me compared to the others. I'm definitely getting out of pools though, not to toot my own horn but at LEAST I'm 3rd best in mine, and at most... Who knows? And if Kirby fails me, I still got a pretty good ZSS to back me up.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Oye chico (I'm aware that's Cuban slang but w/e) isnt MPD also from PR?

Ya'll shoould be in different pools since you come from the same region/country.

Oye chico (I'm aware that's Cuban slang but w/e) isnt MPD also from PR?

Ya'll shoould be in different pools since you come from the same region/country.
It's been done.

And good luck Kewkky. If you can, play some TLs and wreck them for me.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It's been done.

And good luck Kewkky. If you can, play some TLs and wreck them for me.
I'll have to play a couple of matches with S@nT, since the last time I played against his TL was forgotten by my sub-par memory cache due to how long ago it was... I need to regain some TL experience, I have loads of other characters' experience (ESPECIALLY MK and Snake, Jesus Christ do I have experience... I find the MUs waaaay easier with Kirby than ZSS, even though ZSS has a better MU against Snake) but the TL MU I have forgotten a bit... Like today, I kept trying to powershield and airdodge through this guy's non-true combos, and I kept getting hit with Kirby. I even got dair spiked a couple of times, I used to NEVER get dair spiked! Those were literally the first dair spikes in my life, and it was because I was expecting the dair to go slower than it did and airdodged when the guy spiked me.

I need to practice that MU again. Too bad Sheikant almost never uses his in friendlies against me, he's usually changing through the whole cast instead of helping me with my MUs... Probably because he wants to make sure I don't learn it so that he beats me in other tourneys here in PR... I hope that's not the reason.

Today I went to a smashfest, and tomorrow I'm going to another smashfest. I gotta keep practicing, gotta keep myself from getting rusty! I don't expect to stay in pools, I'm GOING to get out of Pound4's pools and take a high placing no matter what.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Seibrik's apparently really good. He got second (?) at Winterfest. I'd be careful.
I'm not worried. In pools, 3/6 players advance, so even if he beats me I have a very high chance of advancing.

If I beat him people will be all like "it was pools so it doesn't matter", and if he beats me people will be like "I heard Seibrik beat you in pools"... Doesn't the community suck sometimes? D:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I have loads of other characters' experience (ESPECIALLY MK and Snake, Jesus Christ do I have experience... I find the MUs waaaay easier with Kirby than ZSS, even though ZSS has a better MU against Snake).
Kewkky does well at Pound 4 but loses to Snakes and/or MKs, calling it now.

I'm not worried. In pools, 3/6 players advance, so even if he beats me I have a very high chance of advancing.

If I beat him people will be all like "it was pools so it doesn't matter", and if he beats me people will be like "I heard Seibrik beat you in pools"... Doesn't the community suck sometimes? D:
lol >_<

I beat some good players in pools...then I got to brackets and lost to random low-placing people. And the people I beat in pools got like 4th, 9th, etc.

that was about a year ago though so yeah

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
Wow, it's been awhile. I really should enter into a tournement soon, probably should have done that while on Winter Break :p.

And I place 2 cents that Kewwky loses to a Snake/MK ;D. I'm kidding, good luck. You'd better bring us Kirbies a win. Or else you can't join the Totally Awesome Club That I Don't Have A Real Name For Yet.

Okay, so I watched Episode 46 of Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged, and it was sooo cool xD. I liked the Stand By Me part :).

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well Suspect, "decent" is the right word for them. I consider them to be high level players (trying to reach top), but when the time comes to prove themselves as top-level players against other tops, they practically always lose and end up going high in tourneys when the great players aren't there.

No undermining with "decent", it's simply a way of saying "good". I can call myself a "decent" guy and I will sound like I'm being modest/normal, but I'm not saying I'm not worthy of the "good" or "great" title. :ohwell:

I will not let any Snake beat me... MK, well, who knows, but I'll only lose if I get outplayed.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I beat some good players in pools...then I got to brackets and lost to random low-placing people. And the people I beat in pools got like 4th, 9th, etc.

that was about a year ago though so yeah
That's happened to me...

Ouch Kewk, sounds like a tough pool, having both Pierce and Seibrik.

Also, no love for me?
Is it just because I suck? How rascist/skillist!
Or YBM?

Y.B.M., since no one else said it, Good luck!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Fromundaman, I don't even know yours or YbM's pools. : |

I'll probably search it up right now and post our pools here, so people can see if they're curious.

Edit:
Y.b.M.'s pool:
Pool 3

Arms
jtails
K9
Kool Aid
Red Shadow
Y.B.M.
Fromundaman's pool:
Pool 20

Copacetic
Formundman
GDX
Havok
Izumi
Snapp
Kewkky's pool:
Pool 21

aextreme73
Kewkky
Fonz
Pierce
Seibrik
yume
That's how it looks like so far, I dunno about any recent changes in the pools but this is how we have them typed in at SmashPR.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh, Fonz is in your pool Kewk?
He's pretty good too. He has a good Lucario and a sick Ganon. I remember hearing Yume's name somewhere too. I think Aextreme was a Kirby player as well. Think I might have played him on Wifi once upon a time...

As for me... I have no idea. I know Havok is good but that's it.

Kool Aid's a good Pit player too, but I don't know about anyone else in Y.b.M.'s pool.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yeah, I already found out all of my pool people's characters, and started watching some of their vids and listening to what people say about them. I believe Seibrik is the only real threat to me there, Pierce might be nasty too if only the way I used Kirby didn't mess with his playstyle too much... Everyone else might be good players, but I'm confident in my abilities to get through the pool and onto the main bracket.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
K9 from Y.b.M.'s pool is a good Wolf player if I'm not mistaken. From fromundaman's pool, Havok is a MK/Marth player from California IIRC and in Active Gamer Coast2Coast he got 3rd, only behind M2K and MikeHaze. And GDX is a good Diddy player from Florida I think.

Kewk and fromundaman, if you guys need help on the Marth MU, I can possibly tell you guys some cool stuff. If you guys don't already know :p

And again, good luck Kewk, fromundaman and Y.b.M.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I thought K-9 plays Pikachu... or perhaps both.

Pool 12

Ninjalink
Oats
Orion
Pink Fresh
SnakAttack
Yubi
That looks interesting. Pink Fresh's Lucas is amazing, and... doesn't Oats play Lucas too? O_o
And NL lolol

And I lost to Fonz's Lucario...watch out I guess :/
Lucario's such a ******** matchup.
"Hey, I'm winning! :D"
"No ur not olol" *punishes you for being ahead*
"Wtf I died at 60"

EDIT:
Pool 21

aextreme73
BlackG
Fonz
Pierce
Seibrik
yume
Pool 7

Aposl
Kewkky
Jash
JJVirus
MPD
Vex Kasrani
it was changed? hi

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yep, it was changed.
Tantalus said:
BlackG (21) flipped with Kewkky (7)
L Cancel (30) flipped with Deez (27)
DjIskascribble (14) flipped with Doom (29)
CloudFox (18) flipped with Warfie (14)
Whats the point? (25) flipped with Putta (24)
TAC (32) flipped with Nasty (10)
Captain Jadde (1) flipped with BetaZealot (10)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm thinking of making an index thread to link the other threads to since we really need one, (or the Q/A first post can edit and link them).

Oh and sorry for not being too active, video game fest tends to take a long time to end. ~_~

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Thanks for the Good luck wishes,
And Kewkky...your Pool is kinda Tough... I believe you should be fine though...FYI... Fonz has ALOT of Kirby experience and Zero Suit Experience... Since I play against him all the time... So don't underestimate him He's really good. So, If your Kirby or ZSS are as good as mine then you should do well, considering that we both have different play styles. Pierce is good as well... His Marth is pretty tricky. So make sure you watch him carefully.

Fro-Man: the Only one I'm aware of thats in your pool is Gdx... I believe he plays Diddy Kong...And he's not all that good from the last time I've played him, but you know that people Improve all the time. The only thing I can stress, is to don't Sandbag in pools... We aren't traveling all the way to the east Coast to Sand Bag. And if we lose legit, dont say you are sand bagging... that just makes you look even worst. And If you need any help before or during your match come and get me if I'm not playing and I will help you out as much as I possibly can if you need it pimp...

One of my fellow God Kais (smash64) has Chu in his Pools.. So it should very interesting to how that match up goes. I can't wait to pound. Those Months turned into Weeks, these Weeks are now days, and now these days are turning into hours.. I'm too excited... The Midwest is going to ****... Watch the Crew Battle as well, Since I am one of the Players that will be on the Midwest Crew...

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
YbM, I'd like to meet you in person and maybe even play some friendlies after Crews if we got the time. Fromundaman already said yes to the friendlies, so at least I'm gonna play someone in case everyone ends up saying "no"... I wanna play as many people as possible, since it's the first time I'll be playing USA peeps, and I wanna soak in the hype and excitement as much as possible. :bee:

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Wow, it's been awhile. I really should enter into a tournement soon, probably should have done that while on Winter Break :p.

And I place 2 cents that Kewwky loses to a Snake/MK ;D. I'm kidding, good luck. You'd better bring us Kirbies a win. Or else you can't join the Totally Awesome Club That I Don't Have A Real Name For Yet.

Okay, so I watched Episode 46 of Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged, and it was sooo cool xD. I liked the Stand By Me part :).
I watched it too, and it WAS awesome.

That's happened to me...

Ouch Kewk, sounds like a tough pool, having both Pierce and Seibrik.

Also, no love for me?
Is it just because I suck? How rascist/skillist!
Or YBM?

Y.B.M., since no one else said it, Good luck!
No love for you or Y.B.M. because I have an inferiority complex reinforced when Kirbies place high. It just would've been awkward not wishing Kewkky luck and still posting in this thread.

Good luck fromundaman and Y.B.M.! Rep kirby for us, reinforce Kirby's
incorrect, IMO
tier list spot! That means top 5 or else:mad:.

And I lost to Fonz's Lucario...watch out I guess :/
Lucario's such a ******** matchup.
"Hey, I'm winning! :D"
"No ur not olol" *punishes you for being ahead*
"Wtf I died at 60"
This is the best summary of lucario I have ever seen.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I don't mind doing friendlies.. but I don't play Kirby in Friendlies until after I'm finish with the tournament. I don't wanna play anyone with my main that I will potentially play in tournament before hand.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Kewk and fromundaman, if you guys need help on the Marth MU, I can possibly tell you guys some cool stuff. If you guys don't already know :p

And again, good luck Kewk, fromundaman and Y.b.M.
Yes please. This, Oli, and Lucario are the 3 MUs that I can't seem to figure out.

As for my pool, I knew Havok was good... I'll have to watch out vs GDX too then.

Fro-Man: the Only one I'm aware of thats in your pool is Gdx... I believe he plays Diddy Kong...And he's not all that good from the last time I've played him, but you know that people Improve all the time. The only thing I can stress, is to don't Sandbag in pools... We aren't traveling all the way to the east Coast to Sand Bag. And if we lose legit, dont say you are sand bagging... that just makes you look even worst. And If you need any help before or during your match come and get me if I'm not playing and I will help you out as much as I possibly can if you need it pimp...
Agreed 100% If I lose, it's more likely because my opponents are better. I don't sandbag very often; I just need to get better at the game in general. And thank you very much for the offer, I will most definitely take you up on it! (Also, friendlies on Sat?)

Everyone else might be good players, but I'm confident in my abilities to get through the pool and onto the main bracket.
This is what will make him get out of pools. Confidence.

BTW, the random TL guy was Rekros, and he's the most broken player I've ever met in my life.

Top Bottom