• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I won a copy of Donkey Kong Country at the last retro gaming event. When I got it someone tried to take it from me! (so it must be a good game)

Labernash

Smash Lord
I looooove DKC. That and Super Mario World were my first video games I vet played. Lots of memories in that one.

Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii is actually really good. I was skeptical, considering Nintendo losing Rare and the rights to Kremlings and whatnot, but they made the Tiki thing work and made a good and challenging game with some really cool effects and fun gameplay.

:phone:

falln

Smash Ace
first game i ever owned was donkey kong land 2 for the gameboy. dk games were great and i think dk64 will always go down as one of the most memorable games growing up for me.

i wasnt a fan of dkcr tho. wayyy too much waggling

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
first game for me was dr mario on the game boy at the tender age of 3 yrs old

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
WOW! That's some memory you got there~ :laugh:

and yet, here is a true story from today:

I left school at around 10:30 pm and realized i hadn't had dinner yet and remembered i had breakfast at 10am. I was like "whoa that's a long time" so i went and got a large poutine. About halfway through i was like wow why can't i finish my favourite food ever?

then on the way home it hit me, i totally had dinner before that and forgot about it

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I can't remember my first first game as I played a few when I started. Smash bros. 64 was one of them, LoZ: OoT and LoZ: aLttP, Secret of Evermore maybe, Terranigma, Super Mario World and DKC (and DKC 2 which I still have yaaayyyy!) and a few ones I don't know quite as well.

I looooove DKC. That and Super Mario World were my first video games I vet played. Lots of memories in that one.

Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii is actually really good. I was skeptical, considering Nintendo losing Rare and the rights to Kremlings and whatnot, but they made the Tiki thing work and made a good and challenging game with some really cool effects and fun gameplay.

DKCR is interesting. I think it did really well for what it had to. The fact that they couldn't have kremlings sucks and the casual gaming community never really got around to understanding why that happened; indeed, I never knew until like just then anyway! :p

But the tikis were okay. Could have been better yeah... but they also could have been a lot worse and i'm thankful that they weren't. The actual gameplay was incredible. the level design was a perfect transition from the old DKCs to this one to the point where it effectively rewarded you for playing previous DKC games because you began to get a knack for where the cool things were. In my mind, such a perfect transition from father to son in terms of level structure constitutes a good game in my eyes and yet, they still kept it fresh and the levels new and interesting. Especially on my first playthrough, it was a joy to see what level i'd get next!

Some of the old DKC levels I love more, maybe because of their atmosphere or backgrounds but... DKCR isn't a bad installment in the series and I think if you loved the old DKCs, then you'll at the very LEAST like this one.

Just saw it.

It reminded me of how absolutely shot my voice was that entire weekend LOL. I spoke all slow and low pitched because of it, haha. Also my answer sounds weird because they asked me what I could do for Toon Link, not what noobs can do in general. The Smashboards part is good, but the whole Skype group thing doesn't make sense without that context.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Falln and Twinkie can't dance, obviously. They take their embarrassment out on the music.

Vinyl knows what's good

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I bought two adventure time t-shirts, won a 3ds+game at an arcade and I'm waiting for my $25 bonus by mail, gained points to get another 3ds game (punch-out),
helped a kid walk upstairs because she was afraid, and got congratulated by tons of people for winning.

What a good day.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I made $27 today. Did it LIEK A BAWS!

So I was over at my uncle's house and a lot of my cousins were there... And they had Brawl...

So yup... I MM'd them, BUT there were some rules. They saw me use MK vs CPU Snakes and played my MK a few games and obviously weren't going to MM it but...

They made me use solo Wiimote and Bowser. 3 vs 1. I pay them each $3 if I lose, I get $9 if I win. I get to pick the stage though. I picked Norfair cause I have no idea how to move with the Wiimote, so I would just u-smash and fair them when they're on platforms then uair or bair them to kill.

Game 1, I got *****, definitely made me wake up and be more safe. Game 2... I SD my first stock at like 20% trying to plank (no timer), I legit got scared. But then I won game 2. Won game 3 solidly. $9 won. They wanted to run it back. I was more used to the Wiimote and what to do at this point and 2-0'd them second MM, although both games were last stock. $18 won.

They wanted to run it back AGAIN and to be fair, I was a little nervous cause I really had no idea how to use the Wiimote and move, I depended on Norfair a lot of the time to kill them since they didn't know to shield the lava just cause I would get scared I'd SD if I even moved. BUT...

They made the biggest mistake. I went all like "Hmmmm." when they asked to MM again and to convince me to do it again, I still had to use the Wiimote but...

They were desperate to make their money back. If they won, they'd get the $18 back, plus $3 each still. THEY LET ME USE MK THE THIRD MM LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So yup. $9 + $9 + $9 was $27. Today was an awesome day indeed. ;D

Top Bottom