• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What is a pcs file? Will I be able to view it on my computer? >_>

I don't have Brawl+, or even an SD card. :[

I just wanted to see Grape Kirby, possibly for the future lol

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
You have to ask yourself, what makes Kirby good online? In my experience, using side b often especially when your opponent is at a high % helps on wi fi since it's harder to avoid both swings. Also, use D-tilt to F-smash, since D-tilt usually guarantees a f-smash when the opponent trips. Always try to do your most damaging throw combo when your opponent is at 0%. F-smashing when your opponent is at the platforms edge would be safe to use since your opponent would just tumble off the platform.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Kirby absolutely fails online.

@Asdioh

You'll need to convert it then view it in Gimp/PS check the Brawl+ board for Illianex's topic on making textures

@fromun

I have more important things that came up besides textures. >.< like Snake's dthrow tech chase data of epicness

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Lol, I think a SD card would be nice to have if you wanted to use textures. =P

Edit: Lmfao at this thread title.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Haha SuSa, shouldn't get our hopes up like that. Still, it's understandable.

Nice YbM! Do you actually use all those chars in tournies? I've never seen/heard of you using anything but Kirby.
Well I just Started playing G&W like 2 days ago....And I've always used DDD when I felt the need to play him...Which isn't often But I did use Him One time at Apex in a Teams match....And Depending on my opponents Character and CP stage I will switch to DDD if I feel Kirby is in a Disadvantage....My DDD is pretty good though. But I stick to my Kirby Roots...

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
I found GnW as a great 2ndary to Kirby, along with Lucario. They're a bit similar, and the transition is easy. I havent tried them seriously tho...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
@fromun

I have more important things that came up besides textures. >.< like Snake's dthrow tech chase data of epicness
Like I said, completely understandable.

YbM, you're going to the MWC Champs right? Mind giving me some friendlies vs that D3? I am sorely lacking matchup experience against him.

EDIT: You know, seconding Snake's worst matchup actually makes a lot of sense for someone living in Cinci lol.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
I wanna main gRAPE Kirby and Richie's Pikachu!

Randomofftopic:
I want whatever sakurai and the brawl developers were/are smoking, because it must be really good.
NY Diesel (as the guy calls it) is some strong stuff. I believe Sakurai & Co. have made enough money to get some imported LEGALLY (lol wut?) from Amsterdam.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Randomofftopic:

I want whatever sakurai and the brawl developers were/are smoking, because it must be really good.
Your talking about shutting down the Smash Service aren't you? That's the only thing I can think of that got you saying that.

SuSa

D3? Snake's worst matchup?

Please, come right this way. Let me introduce you to Olimar.

Simply change your button configurations to:

L: Grab
R: Grab
C-stick: Grab
X: Grab
Y: Grab
B: Grab
A: Attack
Z: Grab
D-pad down: Grab
D-pad side: Grab
D-pad up: Grab

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I should remain Olimar to deal with Snake then, he is a character that I want to SD myself if I Brawl him. =/

SuSa

I just do Olimar ditto's whenever possible because I suck in the matchup otherwise. I hate the Snake vs Olimar matchup.

Although I finally learned how to play it, I'm nowhere near confidant in the matchup since my opponents were sort of... random scrubs.. to put it at best.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
I just use ZSS against snake. It's in her favor.

I've never gotten into Olimar. But if I tried, I think I'd like his grabbiness. :3

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I still don't know what to do with this pcs file. Can anyone just give me a screenshot of what it looks like? :[

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh, oops. Guess I'm misinformed.

I personally don't like Oli, which is weird because I tend to be very grab oriented.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
YbM, you're going to the MWC Champs right? Mind giving me some friendlies vs that D3? I am sorely lacking matchup experience against him.

EDIT: You know, seconding Snake's worst matchup actually makes a lot of sense for someone living in Cinci lol.
Yeah We can Do some Friendlies...Just Grab me When ever you are free or see me free

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Tennet...can you put up some pictures of what the texture looks like? :D?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You're a hoe for putting my aim instead of my SWF name... XD
How did you know he posted your name in the Kirby boards? XD

Unless he mention it to you... lucky drop in I'll clam.

Tennet

Smash Champion
He mentioned the texture and I'm like for what? He told me the Kirby boards, so after I gave it to him I thought about checking the boards today. So I still have yet to go back in the posts and see how this all started...

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
Lol for such a simple texture hack it takes such a long time to show up in the thread...not saying i could do it better, im terrible at hacking things...anyway carry on. Just funny how a mere color change can be so complex lol >_<

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
D3? Snake's worst matchup?

Please, come right this way. Let me introduce you to Olimar.

Simply change your button configurations to:

L: Grab
R: Grab
C-stick: Grab
X: Grab
Y: Grab
B: Grab
A: Attack
Z: Grab
D-pad down: Grab
D-pad side: Grab
D-pad up: Grab
lolololololololololololollllololololololololololololl

As you may or may not know, ZSS has had a chaingrab up to 60% on snake for a while now. Now, it's not a HUGE deal, but now... we have a buffered DA lock that goes from 50% to 100%.

So I shall reiterate...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

SuSa

I do know, but if we blow ourselves up that may screw up your CG. (Haven't faced a Zamus to test)

As for your buffered DA lock, it doesn't seem horribly easy to do - and if it is, we just have to make sure to tech the first DA (if we can)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
speaking of locks

I lost to a mediocre Dedede player today because he got 2 Gordo kills in one game. I've beaten him before.

This has nothing to do with locks.

...I almost got a jablock on another Dedede, but I screwed it up because I wasn't expecting it (I've never actually pulled off a jablock before) and because it's wifi. Didn't matter though because I was way ahead anyway.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I've seen some nice Kirby vs. MK. Do you Kirby boards think that Kirby will move up next tier list?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
haha, Bowser.

Smoom, I personally think that Kirby will move down a couple spots next tier list, if he moves at all. There are some characters below him that I think will be moving up (ZSS for example)

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
haha, Bowser.

Smoom, I personally think that Kirby will move down a couple spots next tier list, if he moves at all. There are some characters below him that I think will be moving up (ZSS for example)
I'm biased.

I don't think Kirby will move down, his style's solid and he can deal pretty well against the whole cast (sure he has bad matchups, but who doesn't?). He might lack a projectile, but.... Well, that's pretty much it, and it's not even entirely true either, since we got upB's projectile.

[/speaking_nonsense]

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
haha, Bowser.

I have to agree with Kewkky on this one. While few Kirby's are doing a great job in the tourny scene (YbM, Chu, and maybe Viper?), Kirby as a whole is a solid character. The closest thing he has to a ***** matchup* is Marth, who both boards seem to agree was 60-40 (meaning I'm missing something). We have more stage exploits than any other character, many of them having game-changing effects, very few bad matchups, most of them being near even, and a good chance against most of the high tier cast, being one of the better choices for people like D3 and MK.

We are also one of the few characters who can combo/rack up damage really well, yet still not have much trouble scoring KOs. On top of that, we have a great gimping game.

I definitely don't see ZSS rising above him, that's for sure. I assume he'll be somewhere in the middle of B tier.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I kinda hope Kirby gets dropped to a Mid tier or low tier...That'll leave a lot of people under estimating Kirby players....

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I kinda hope Kirby gets dropped to a Mid tier or low tier...That'll leave a lot of people under estimating Kirby players....
I want Kirby to stay in the top 15 spots... People might underestimate him if he's in the lower tiers, but we'll also lose players because they might move unto higher tiers during the time between the 3rd and 4th tier lists.

I'm content however Kirby ends up, going up or down, but I'd be happier if he went up rather than down -- it'd mean that my choice of maining Kirby wasn't even close to a bad idea, and that Kirby doesn't have a linear/telegraphed/do-this-or-lose playstyle (I already know Kirby's all that I wanted in a character, I just want to see him get recognition for being so amazing).

Edit: My response to kewkky is the closest I have ever come to sigging something that I posted.
LOL you should sig it :D

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Noooo! My first double post ever! Sorry guys, it was accidental :(

I'm sure.
Well I'm not here to make people believe me, just to say what i want and done. It's up to you to believe the truth, or substitute it with your own reality. After all, I'm me, and i know what I do and why. ;)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wow, Dark Kirby looks pretty bad ***, I might want to download him when I play Brawl... if I feel like using the HBC to activate it.

Top Bottom