• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kill Options post patch

Heart of Ice

Smash Cadet
This is a really good video, but we do have a video thread stickied for these things.

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I didn't know there was a specific thread where all videos should be posted. Haven't been here in awhile. Sorry :)

busken

Smash Ace
it doesnt, the patch gave diddys fair a knock back reduction
The patch notes don't say that, all it says is that is has a damage reduction. Do you have any statistics for the knockback values?

MegaBlaster1234

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Srib64
The patch notes don't say that, all it says is that is has a damage reduction. Do you have any statistics for the knockback values?
Even if you can't find any statistics, playing a couple of matches will show you how late Fair kills now.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Forward air used to be fantastic at killing, but now I can rarely kill someone with that move under 180%. But fortunately, Diddy's back air strength has been left alone...unlike Shiek's. lol Diddy Kong got nerfed way harder than her in the balance patch though. Excellent video Nanerz. Really appreciate the effort you're putting into this series. I find the videos really helpful. :) Too bad Diddy's up smash isn't stronger. Someone once told me it was the sixth weakest up smash in the game.

Ltblitzkrieg

Smash Rookie
I been doing off edge gimmicks and their working, diddies dair can kill early, and so is a well tossed banana after they waste their jump. Higher percentage it's much easier to combo into forward smash or up smash

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
It is considerably easier to rar than it is to perfect pivot. I can't even perfect pivot to the right.

Swanky_

Smash Cadet
yea its a buffered rar
I'm familiar with RAR, what is different about buffered RAR? I also understand the concept of buffering (at least loosely), I'm just unsure of how they apply together here

busken

Smash Ace
I'm familiar with RAR, what is different about buffered RAR? I also understand the concept of buffering (at least loosely), I'm just unsure of how they apply together here
I see you mained diddy kong in brawl, and the same concept applies here. Buffering in brawl and smash 4 are the same.

Swanky_

Smash Cadet
I see you mained diddy kong in brawl, and the same concept applies here. Buffering in brawl and smash 4 are the same.
I was reeeaaallly bad at Brawl though so this sadly doesn't help me much

busken

Smash Ace
I was reeeaaallly bad at Brawl though so this sadly doesn't help me much
Well, a RAR is a reverse aerial rush basically doing an aerial when you jump in the turnaround animation and do an aerial. Buffering is doing an input when it's not actually possible so it will come out as soon as possible. Some inputs can't be buffered. You can buffer the back air right when the jump animation is over by quickly hitting jump+respective direction aerial. The advantage is usually on characters with short vertical hurtboxes like kirby so your aerial can connect. im not to good at explaining things but i hope u get it.

Swanky_

Smash Cadet
Well, a RAR is a reverse aerial rush basically doing an aerial when you jump in the turnaround animation and do an aerial. Buffering is doing an input when it's not actually possible so it will come out as soon as possible. Some inputs can't be buffered. You can buffer the back air right when the jump animation is over by quickly hitting jump+respective direction aerial. The advantage is usually on characters with short vertical hurtboxes like kirby so your aerial can connect. im not to good at explaining things but i hope u get it.
yea, i understand the concept of RAR and buffering. You're saying the bair can be buffered during the jump?

Top Bottom