• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts Mafia~Day 8~End Game!~Roles revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

karshkin

Smash Rookie
I think you guys are making a mole hill into a moutain with Ligolski and common. Common was a little fast with the no lynch but i can see were he is coming from not wanting to accidently kill a townie and waiting and intill day 2 when there will be some one dead to talk about. But i also believe it is still to early for no lynch. Ligolski defends him self on the quick reponse to common yoshi by saying he was the first to read the thread. He is no noob and he prolly checks in at least 5 times a day. He was though a little heavy on his defence and attack and anyone that point at him but he was mering trying to stay alive like anyone else. I do not see a motive to vote either of them but no lynch is out of the question.

FOS-commonyoshi
FOS-ligolski

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
That's not to say that you aren't necessarily right about ligolski. It just seems a bit dumb to draw that kind of conclusion immediately. I would definitely say that ligolski is suspicious, but not nearly as suspicious as commonyoshi. The votes aren't set in stone, obviously. It could have just been a pressuring vote.
He said that we took his vote on common too serious so maybe you are right yes.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Eh, w/e. I really don't like that you want no lynch this fast, but I dont want you to get lynched immediately upon day 1 starting if more people come in and see these votes and bandwagon so.

unvote: common
FOS: Common

ligolski

Smash Rookie
I would like to point a few things out...

ligolski: 2
Deathreaver780
Well, this could mean his vote counts as two or Chill made a mistake...

Maybe your right, but I look at it this way. A townie says something that might consider him being scum. The mafia sees this as an opportunity to vote on him and eventually lynch him. That means there is 1 townie gone at Night 1. Then the mafia kill another townie in Night 1, giving them a good lead with 2 townies gone when Day 2 starts. That's why I don't trust you, ligolski, you immediately jumped on common because he was the first one saying something that may be considered 'suspicious'.
What your saying doesn't make sense...but I think I know what you are getting at...
Commonyoshi IS suspicious b/c a no lynch so early in the day is one of the scummiest things to do...(read first paragraph in my longer post for more on why this is scummy...)
like I said before no lynch is an option BUT NEVER THIS EARLY!!! NEVER EVER EVER!!! lol
Later in this day if we have ground to a halt with discussion then no lynch can be considered just not now...

And to make one more point...I bet that if I posted for the first time since commons post voting the no lynch about a page later and voted againstcommon it wouldn't look like I voted him very quickly...What I am saying is that because my post against him was immediatly after his it seems that I am jumping on him quickly...Its a point of view kind of thing...All that happened was that I, being a more veteran player than some of you guys and happening to go on and post right after common's post, I detetected the scumminess in the post right away (being a veteran player I know more or less what to look for) and then I posted and put a pressure vote upon him because I thought (and sill am) think he may be mafia...

on another subject -> Lance I definetly agree with you on the mini narrative that came with the vote count...there is nothing really we can conclude from it now but with more and even after night 1 we may be able to peace things together and discover some things...

ligolski

Smash Rookie
Eh, w/e. I really don't like that you want no lynch this fast, but I dont want you to get lynched immediately upon day 1 starting if more people come in and see these votes and bandwagon so.

unvote: common
FOS: Common
Good point...a super quick bandwagonning would be bad as discussion would come to a quick end...maybe if common addresses the subject more thourghly I may unvote him but for now my vote stays...

agentli

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so there's 2 camps already? A no lynch party, and a bloodthir--- Err Righteous Vigilante group that's out for justice? Ok, let's get things started...

I'm not sure I follow on the "no lynch on the first day helping mafia's side" thing. The numbers are on the Mafia's side if there is a lynch.
No, see what happens after a day 1 without a lynch is that the mafia gets a free kill, and on day 2 everything is the same as day 1. While you are correct, commonyoshi, that a lynch on day 1 usually favors the mafia, that's not really the point. The point of lynching on day 1 isn't necessarily more lynching the mafia, but more looking at voting patterns and lynching scummy bandwagoners and lurkers on day 2. Plus it adds valuable discussion and arguing that could lead somewhere. (ie. Food COurt Mafia Day 1 >_> <_<)

Commonyoshi IS suspicious b/c a no lynch so early in the day is one of the scummiest things to do...(read first paragraph in my longer post for more on why this is scummy...)
I don't think it's suspicious of commonyoshi to want a lynch, seeing what just happened in Sicily mafia, he might just want to end day 1. I'm taking it as a simple mistake rather as a scummy mafia move.

However, this is pretty suspicious:

im with yoshi. we either no lynch, or lynch ligolski. he seems to want someone gone, and i guess yoshi is his first target. There really isnt a point in voting on day one honestly, no one knows anything, and its too hard to get a good arguement.

Vote: No Lynch
The following quote, from arkengate, tries to put his or herself aligned with commonyoshi....

Jumping on immediately after a no lynch as a bandwagoner, for no reason. It's pretty scummy actually, and it seems like he definitely wants to lynch ligolski, possibly one of the stronger players. Of course, there's usually more than one person in a mafia, so....

Or, perhaps you are scum and see this as a good opportunity to immediately lynch somebody. Seeing your reason for this lynch being a little bit... unstable, you should come up with something better. I'm not gonna vote you, but I find your argument for the vote on common not well build.
Kuji's reasoning slants more in common's favor, but I don't really see him as accusing ligolski, but more as in questioning his logic. That's not really scummy.

Maybe that other mafia player isn't stupid enough to bandwagon?

Super quick bandwagoning is really scummy.

FOS : Arkengate

In-day-narration is amazing. It's like play by play....except not really.

At least we have activity....

I love Day 1s!

Arkengate

Smash Journeyman
i wasnt bandwagoning, i figured it wouldjust be a no lynch cuz thats whts happened in most mafias ive played, so i just tossed out my vote for it, cuz i can always change my vote once things happen. guess it got me suspicioned for really no reason, oh well

ligolski

Smash Rookie
You make some great points agentli...I agree with most of your post...I still want to hear from common and liitle bit more and actually address the situation rather than ignoring it...

and maybe he was questioning my logic, but I think my logic is sound

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
I don't think it's suspicious of commonyoshi to want a lynch, seeing what just happened in Sicily mafia, he might just want to end day 1. I'm taking it as a simple mistake rather as a scummy mafia move.
Or I am reading it wrong, or you mistyped. You're saying that common wants a lynch while he voted no lynch.

As for the rest of your post, agentli, I agree with you on what you said about Arkengate. It indeed seems like he sided at once.
I also thought about what a no lynch would mean again. It indeed gives the mafia a free kill, while we didn't even try to kill somebody who might be a mafia. I see now why the against-no lynch people are getting worried. So for now, I'll make a change.
Unvote - Ligolski
FoS - Arkengate

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
All these posts in one day, seems like I need to be on constantly...

I can understand both sides of the arguments though, common and arkengate just acting on their instincts that they might as well accept what's coming, and ligolski and ronike et al saying that first day discussion is too important to just skip. We can't end the day unless there are like 8 votes anyways, so if you want to discuss something, go right on ahead, the day's not ending yet, no pressure. I'm not saying that the whole argument is a waste, just don't get caught up too much in it because it's mostly just an argument of point-of-view IMO. I won't ignore them, but I don't think I'll vote yet.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Btw, I just checked out the first page and I'm wonderin why people have differen amounts of HP. Does it have to do with the questionare that we filled in at the start of this game?
Also, what about the part that Chill posted on the first postcount (He forgot to put my vote on Ligolski there btw, even though this vote is not on him anymore) about commonyoshi being single minded. Maybe this has to to with his role?

Arkengate

Smash Journeyman
Why am i being suspicioned anywho? i am just going off what happened in mafia, so i figured itd happen here too. oh well

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
You know it does. It's a clue on my character. SIMPLE MINDED!!! ^_^ Guess what my Disney character is.

About my vote: It wasn't about me being Mafia or ignorant about how the game goes. I saw that odds were the town would come to a no lynch decision so I decided to vote that way that early in the game. This makes me an arrogant jerk, sure, but it doesn't mean I'm Mafia. Look at the first sentence of my post following the accusations. Complete arrogance. :p

J

Jazzyswimmer

I would like you to excuse my not posting at all thus far but I am just putting it out there that Im new to mafia and this is all a little overwhelming.

agentli

Smash Apprentice
Vote: Arkengate

For all the suspicion surrounding the actions of today, I feel a no lynch will put us in the same position as Day 1. It won't get us anywhere. While the night killings might help add some more story, we might as well roll the dice and see how people vote. And unfortunately, Arkengate, you're the most suspicious person on my list right now.

After being accused, you don't seem very adamant about defending yourself. You just say that this is what happened in mafia. Well, did it work? Did the no lynch on Day 1 work? I don't think this is the right situation. Perhaps there are some lurkers that we want to lynch.

I want to see what Arkengate has to say. He hasn't really said much of virtue, and the constant switching of arguments seem to be either someone who is really nervous because they're scum, or a novice at the game. Hopefully this vote can get us somewhere, and can lead to more discussion.

karshkin

Smash Rookie
As for commonyoshi's charecter being simpleminded could mean he is possibly mafia. This is because the mafia charecters usally have a track mind and have a one goal and that is kill the town members. But there are a lot of other "good" charecter that are stubburn. Which is simple minded.

Arkengate

Smash Journeyman
Well, there really isnt anything to defend honestly. Your claims are weak in the first place, and i dont feel i have anything really to say. I voted no lynch BECAUSE its what SEEMS to usually happen on day one, and i can always change my vote at any time, so i figured i would just toss it out there and see where we were before night 1 started, and i could always change my vote. If it makes me suspicious to vote no lynch, rather than people actually accusing eachother. There is no grounds to vote for me, and even if you do, i cant help it. No matter what i say itll somehow be turned into me being nervous because im scum or mafia, rather than just someone who tossed out a no lynch vote because i NORMALLY feel that its best to get info before we start lynching people left and right.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
Ok common thank you for actually addressing my vote more opennly... UNVOTE: commonyoshi

No matter what i say itll somehow be turned into me being nervous because im scum or mafia, rather than just someone who tossed out a no lynch vote because i NORMALLY feel that its best to get info before we start lynching people left and right.
If you "NORMALLY" feel its best to get info, why did you vote no lynch...as previously stated by me, no lynchs so early in the game mean no info is acquired,,,
Your logic doesn't make sense so maybe a FOS is in order for you...I don't feel that I should vote you just yet if at all...

Arkengate

Smash Journeyman
If you "NORMALLY" feel its best to get info, why did you vote no lynch...as previously stated by me, no lynchs so early in the game mean no info is acquired,,,
Your logic doesn't make sense so maybe a FOS is in order for you...I don't feel that I should vote you just yet if at all...
Because, if theres gonna be discussions on the first day, its likely to be just suspicions and such, or name based voting etc... so i figure its best to react to things after the first night, but after all this discussions and such stemming from my vote, it seems there is voting to be had in the end, eh?

My logic might seem flawed, but i just figured we should see the actions of the first night first because its likely we would lynch a townie, because the ratio is normally 80-90% townies...

camo-man

Smash Cadet
What your saying doesn't make sense...but I think I know what you are getting at...
like I said before no lynch is an option BUT NEVER THIS EARLY!!! NEVER EVER EVER!!! lol
Later in this day if we have ground to a halt with discussion then no lynch can be considered just not now...
me thinks you lying. Remember Sicily Italy mafia? Start of game you say "We find info at night. Vote: no lynch. <--Example, not real

Simple-minded I think Goofy is. Maybe?

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
All the suspicion around common and ligolski sort of bored me but I find the Arkengate discussion going on very interesting. To vote or not to vote? It all comes down to...is he a mafia-noob or mafia-scum?

For now
FOS: Arkengate

You know it does. It's a clue on my character. SIMPLE MINDED!!! ^_^ Guess what my Disney character is.
For some reason this statement doesn't sit right with me and seems very suspicious. Why the hell would you make a statement that is almost like a roll-call? "It's a clue to my character"..... You are not a mafia noob imo and nobody would try to give away their roll this early unless they were trying to throw people off.

Think about it guys.

S(as in super)FOS: common

Great way to keep it active fellas, this is the least boring Day1 i've taken part in.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
I think you guys are making a mole hill into a moutain with Ligolski and common.
I agree here. commonyoshi conceding the point and voting no lynch early isn't good play, but we have since had discussion and he has defended himself, IMO. ligolski calling him on it is good, but I don't necessarily think commonyoshi is scummy for his actions there.

agentli said:
Arkengate said:
im with yoshi. we either no lynch, or lynch ligolski. he seems to want someone gone, and i guess yoshi is his first target. There really isnt a point in voting on day one honestly, no one knows anything, and its too hard to get a good arguement.

Vote: No Lynch
The following quote, from arkengate, tries to put his or herself aligned with commonyoshi....

Jumping on immediately after a no lynch as a bandwagoner, for no reason. It's pretty scummy actually, and it seems like he definitely wants to lynch ligolski, possibly one of the stronger players.
It does seem pretty narrow-minded of Arkengate, in that our only options are to no lynch or lynch ligolski. Obviously, it's early in the day, and we'll probably end up exploring and/or acting on some other options. But I can see how a newer player would make a mistake like this, being unsure how long each day takes, and what normally happens in these games. If this were from a more experienced player, then it would be more suspicious, IMO.

As for commonyoshi being "simple-minded" and hinting at his role, I'm pretty surprised by it. It seems like this role would be obvious to anyone with knowledge of Kingdom Hearts (not me). There's no reason to name-claim this early (since that is essentially what he is doing), so his actions definitely caught me off guard. However, I don't think it's necessarily scummy. If he's hinting at his role to deceive us, then that requires the description of "simple-minded" to point to someone he isn't, which means that the mod lied. That doesn't happen very often in these games. At the moment, I'm inclined to believe commonyoshi is town.

While the activity level in this game is quite good, there are still some players who have not contributed as actively. I certainly can't say all lurkers are scum, but lurking day one can be a very scummy strategy.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
1. lance87 - Active
2. commonyoshi - Active
3. thedocsalive - Active
4. ligolski - Active
5. Pure of Heart - Nowhere to be seen
6. Kujirudo - Active
7. Tetaway - Activish
8. Ronike - Active
9. DiamondFalcon - Active
10. karshkin - Activish
11. Uncle Meat - Active
12. Jarc - Nowhere to be seen
13. Arkengate - Active
14. Jazzyswimmer - Nowhere to be seen
15. camo-man - Active/Activish (can't remember)
16. frozenflame751 - Nowhere to be seen
17. Deathreaver780 - Active
18. agentli - Active
19. SmashNinja02 - Nowhere to be seen

Obviously not all of them are mafia (some might just be forgetful), but if these people start posting day two, it would be rather suspicious, I think.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Ugh, sorry to triple post. I just woke up (I live in England) and I forgot to bold one of the inactives on my list. It didn't even occur to me for a bit that it was against the rules. Please don't modkill me!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
But a name claim is exactly what clues like "simple minded" will devlop into. It IS a clue to my character. The only thing that's preventing me from telling you guys right now who I am is the possibility that our names may not have anything to our roles.

I'm sorry if that didn't make sense because I'm just musing to myself. I'm deciding what action we should take. If our characters do have something to do with our roles then I think a name claim is something that should be considered. Chill just gave you guys a hint as to who I am. If someone claims they are Chip and Dale, but Chill gives a hint that he was a large person then we'd know he was a liar.

Chill giving us these clues makes me believe that our characters are important and not just name holderz. We can decide on came claims after no more discussion can be made today.

Arkengate

Smash Journeyman
BTW, just to note, i didnt mean to 'align' myself with anyone, he was just the first to say no lynch, so i figured i'd just say im with his decision to not lynch.. but.. i already unvoted no lynch, cuz theres activity and lots of suspicion going around (i guess revolving around the early no-lynch voting..)

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
But a name claim is exactly what clues like "simple minded" will devlop into. It IS a clue to my character. The only thing that's preventing me from telling you guys right now who I am is the possibility that our names may not have anything to our roles.

I'm sorry if that didn't make sense because I'm just musing to myself. I'm deciding what action we should take. If our characters do have something to do with our roles then I think a name claim is something that should be considered. Chill just gave you guys a hint as to who I am. If someone claims they are Chip and Dale, but Chill gives a hint that he was a large person then we'd know he was a liar.

Chill giving us these clues makes me believe that our characters are important and not just name holderz. We can decide on came claims after no more discussion can be made today.
I do agree with this. If Chill gives these hints about our roles, then I would suppose a name claim could help us a lot. We can just wait for Chill to give us more of these weird hints, yet we can make it easier with a name claim. But on the other hand (it may be farfetched) it could be a trap. Maybe Chill wants us to name claim. Maybe some good characters are actually baddies and vice versa. Is this really too farfetched or could it be real?

As for what doc said in his post, I do not think that we should 'forgive' Arkengate for saying suspicious things just because he is new to mafia games. He could also use it as some kind of cover to prevent us from voting on him. I still don't trust you, Arkengate. Your defenses are getting weaker and weaker. For example:

BTW, just to note, i didnt mean to 'align' myself with anyone, he was just the first to say no lynch, so i figured i'd just say im with his decision to not lynch..
Ow, so you finally figured that you didn't side with somebody? Well, that's a quick reaction seeing that you already posted your awesomely suspcious post about 5 pages ago. Maybe you feel some kind of pressure because many people here think that you're scum, but you gotta try to come up with better defenses than these to convice us. That's the key to win this game.
Furthermore:
but.. i already unvoted no lynch, cuz theres activity and lots of suspicion going around (i guess revolving around the early no-lynch voting..)
Yes, it indeed started because of people not wanting a lynch. But that's not the point anymore. You didn't want a lynch and why? Because, you said, I can always change my vote. That may be true, but it could be fake too. Mafia like a no lynch on Day 1 to get a free kill on Night 1. Your vote may be gone, the idea that you voted no lynch is still fresh. And that, my friend, is the problem right now.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Official vote count:

ligolski: 2
Deathreaver780

Commonyoshi: 2
ligolski, Uncle Meat

Arkengate: 1
agentli

No lynch: 1
Commonyoshi

With 19 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
-------------------
After more discussion everyone seems to have calmed down a bit.

Uncle Meat reports on the activity of the group. "It looks like some of the people who were originally here have wandered off. I think we should go look for them."

Four of you can join the group to explore the town.

agentli

Smash Apprentice
The problem isn't really that arkengate necessarily went no lynch, despite the fact that it is pretty questionable. The real issue is that now he/she is quickly trying to cover up this mistake. If it was really obvious to someone to go one way right from the beginning, it would either be called bandwagoning, or it would be because you know and feel that is the right thing to do, and that you will not change your decision at all costs.

Since, Arkengate has repeatedly refused to be a bandwagoner, i am assuming that he really believed in his decision to no lynch. However, this is held into question when he is now trying to change his image to the rest of the town. While I am indeed unfairly putting words into his mouth, it is what I feel and I will stand by it.

It doesn't mean necessarily that Arkengate is mafiascum. It could be the relative inexperience of day 1. It could be he/she is new and doesn't know what the heck he/she is doing. It is actually more likely this is the case. I have also heard a lot from Arkengate, and while some of it is suspicious, I guess I too will forgive him. He/she does seem a little shaken though.

Unvote: Arkengate

This really has brought some activity though! Jazzyswimmer did post earlier. He/she is active.

It's really convenient for some people to go into town. I wonder what will happen there....

I love day 1's!

ligolski

Smash Rookie
dang I can't go on the trip!!! hehe

well first of all >>>>>>>>>>>I UNVOTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

ok next...
me thinks you lying. Remember Sicily Italy mafia? Start of game you say "We find info at night. Vote: no lynch. <--Example, not real
we do find info at night BUT we need info from day 1 to connect it to, to make good conclusions and weed out the mafia...

14. Jazzyswimmer - Nowhere to be seen
I can vouch for her...she's my cousin and she is having interent problems at the moment and this is her first game and she has told me like the rest of you in her one post so far that she was confused and just needs a little time to sort it all out...thanks

That may be true, but it could be fake too. Mafia like a no lynch on Day 1 to get a free kill on Night 1.
hmmm...I have been thinking about this and it has occurred t me that either option can ultimately benefit the mafia if you think about it...
a- no lynch means a mafia won't die and they can easily pick off a townie for the night
b- lynchs on day 1 usually lead to townies unfortuneately getting lynched and therefore the mafia being up two by day 2...

I just thought I would throw that out there...

As for arkengate, I am steadily growing more suspcious as his logic is being questioned more and more by me as well as others...it might almost be time to vote him for me, but I want to see what happens on this trip before anything happens...

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
*Walks back into the room* Oh, whoops! Looks like i'm a little late.. oh well, i'm here now, so I suppose it's all good.. right? ^_^;

Arkengate

Smash Journeyman
If you would like ligolski. I just honestly figured lynching on day one would most likely result in lynching of a townie, thus, as you stated, resulting in two townies dead. But, if you would like to vote me, thats fine. Cant really stop ya, and ive said all i can really, so ill let things play out how they will.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
b- lynchs on day 1 usually lead to townies unfortuneately getting lynched and therefore the mafia being up two by day 2...
I said this before and you (or somebody else, I don't really know anymore) said that 'didn't make sense'. Yes, we do have a risk to kill a townie but on the other hand, we can always try. If we don't lynch people, we will never really find out if suspicious people are mafia or just townies making mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom