• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby & The Amazing Guide

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yeah, I just figured out the Sword thing, and - good news - I went ahead and took a better picture of the Meta Knight hat (mask) and will include it in the next update. :)

jlbchamp, that's very interesting how you can footstool after a d-air. That might explain why the d-air has been nerfed so much. :D

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Ha ha ha. I just now noticed Mario in there. Who's Nintendo's #1 star now? Lol.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
That video did one thing for me...it showed me that Kirby's Stone drops like a...well, a rock now. And he was using the aerial hammer to spike Ganon into the wall. So, another half-spike?

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
'Grats on the great guide...Pity it hasnt come out in where I live...But the guide is virtually perfect and kinda funny at times. Seems like Kirby's better now.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
Hey you should add sweetspotting the ledge with final cutter. it acts as meteor smash.
for example when someone is edge hogging. go out and right next to there feet you do a final cutter and it meteor smashes them down and you will edge hog after that.

Kirbyatic

Smash Rookie
Awsome guide T!mmy, makes me glad kirby is my secondary and from the looks of it, possible main for Brawl. the pictures make everything easy to understand and gives it less of a Wall 'O Text feel to it.

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
How useful can a footstool jump be to Kirby? I haven't seen it been used much. I get the feeling people forgot its existence.

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
Very well set out, good information and relevant pictures. This is a great thread. The only thing it needs is some qualatative asessment of kirbys abilities (which I assume will be in the next update of the thread??).
Very good work.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Okay, I've finally got around to doing another update. This time I have information up on the Star Shot. Yay for me! It's really interesting because it shows the Character Weight classification in the game! Go check it out under the renamed "Hats, Stars & More" section!

Chokalait

Smash Rookie
T!mmy, do you have any videos featuring your kirby in brawl up yet?

EDIT: Nevermind, i found them!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
so, u mean the old taunt isnt as anoying? NO!
It's not as annoying. But it certainly is more cute.

Hoy, t!mmy, I've been meaning to ask, does Kirby still have his 4 frame jump? I know you cant AR test it but does it still feel like he has the 4 frame jump?
I can't AR it, but it seems to be about the same as in Melee. It's probably "easier" to short hop in this game, though. If so, I won't be able to tell without an AR type of advice since as long as I Short Hop with the same timing as Melee and it works I don't complain. :)

I thought kirby could still transform into the thwomp?
He does. The picture I had didn't turn out so I have to redo it. I'll also add in the remainder of the hats and the missing up-tilt picture.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
How useful can a footstool jump be to Kirby? I haven't seen it been used much. I get the feeling people forgot its existence.

It's not always easy to use because you can get Up Bed by people trying to recover. Most people do this by accident but I have a feeling it might playing a bigger role in killing someday.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
How improved is Kirby?

I keep reading Kirby is better than in Melee, but to be honest... that was bound to happen with Kirby being the 3rd worst character in the game >_< Now, it looks like my primary main (Peach) got severely nerfed... to the point she can't compete agaisnt the soon to be proclaimed best characters (Fox, Marth) anymore. Do you think the "new" Kirby stands a chance against them? I'd hate to main another character just so I can win -_-

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
I keep reading Kirby is better than in Melee, but to be honest... that was bound to happen with Kirby being the 3rd worst character in the game >_< Now, it looks like my primary main (Peach) got severely nerfed... to the point she can't compete agaisnt the soon to be proclaimed best characters (Fox, Marth) anymore. Do you think the "new" Kirby stands a chance against them? I'd hate to main another character just so I can win -_-
I think we'll be alright

Just look what he(
) did to mario

Doval

Smash Lord
Question: Is it just me or does using Air Dodges at the beginning of your mid-air jumps give you some extra height and horizontal movement when timed properly?

It certainly feels like it does, but I can't test much because the copy of Brawl isn't mine (I play it at my university, so I have to take turns for doing Free For Alls.) I hope you don't mind me asking it here, I figured this wasn't significant enough to warrant its own thread and I'm sure you have the experience to answer the question.

While we're at it, does the air Hammer really give a small boost to recovery? I didn't notice much, especially since you can't use it before the peak of your jump without losing height.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
First post updated! Movesets are now complete. ^__^

------

I'm not sure about the Air Dodge giving more recovery, I guess I can give that a test. Yes, the Hammer feels like it aids recovery, even if it's just horizontal - which Melee Kirby would have killed to have had.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Looks like Kirby has more priority to him now. With all of these buffs, looks like he'll be upper Mid Tier at least.

...the soon to be proclaimed best characters (Fox, Marth)...
Oh, please...Marth is lighter now, and Fox weighs just as much as Kirby in Brawl. And they both have sucky recovery. Not only that, but to point out what I said in another thread...
Kirby countering the spacies? Maybe it's not far off. Kirby has the Reaper Combo, he can SHDL better than any of them now, he can take more punishment (Fox is the easiest to KO out of the starting 21; he's the worst jumper out of the lightweights), and Shine has startup lag now and is no match for Kirby's Aerial Hammer. Even though Falco can throw his, Kirby can just dodge it and keep on jumping.
Hey t!mmy, when are you gonna start putting combos up? :cool:

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
Spamming controls on the ledge feel a lot harder to do. You can't do anything until your invincibility frames disappear. So trying combos UpB into a swallow take too long. But doing an AHam from the ledge can reach as far as the spot between the two arrows in Final Destination. ;)

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
You can do that in SSB-64 too, it's just not as easy. :)
I can see it now
Finals of a match you both have 1 stock left
Your at 156% he's at 12% and tries to block the edge
You pull off the kirbycide and go into SD
.................you win

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
In case anyone didn't mention it yet, that "block" Kirby turns into is a Garbage Block from Tetris Attack.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
In case anyone didn't mention it yet, that "block" Kirby turns into is a Garbage Block from Tetris Attack.
Actually, it's Lip, Fairy Of The Flowers Garbage Block from Panel De Pon. Since Lip is my second favorite Nintendo character, I should know. The Lip Stick is also from that game.

Top Bottom