• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby & The Amazing Guide

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
Great guide! Can't wait to main Kirby again. Since Rainbow Ride from Melee is back, are Rainbowcides still there?

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
It looks like team battles will be much less chaotic and difficult like in melee. Now that Kirby is changed a bit, can he still be helpful in teams?
Also, testing some image I found at court records:

YinYang.ERROR

Smash Journeyman
Someone PM a mod and get this sticked, please. I'm not about to toot my own horn.
T!Mmy I already did, along with some other threads, it seems the mods only will sticky it if the Author is the person making the request, and the thread has useful information.

Edit: That is how my video archive got stickied.

I also requested a sticky for:
This guide

and

Wiwiwebs guide.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
How do you PM/ask a mod to sticky?

"Please sticky t!mmy's thread: Kirby & The Amazing Guide - combos, strats, and more! (Last update: Moveset Done!) it is a very helpful and well done guide."

Do I ask any mod?

(t!mmy, I understand it takes incredible amounts of work and time to make a great video and load it up and I greatly appreciated but, is 1-800-KIRBYCIDE remix ready yet? sorry to sound impatient/whinny but I guess I am)

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Whoa! Stop the presses! Big info here. When DK has his Giant Punch charged all the way, it gives him SAF's. And that means...Kirby should get SAF's from it! One of his better copy abilities just got easier to land!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Thanks for the sticky guys. I'm glad I've made a quality guide to help everyone out.

I'm going to add this video to the "Taunts & Colors" section:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEfQsvNQ2BA

I will be doing another bigger update soon, but this week isn't looking good (my laptop went kapoot) :(
I hope to include write-ups of Kirby Hats or something about tactics/combos since I'm getting much more familiar with the nuances of Kirby in Brawl.

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
"Super Awesome Finisher?" Sorry Delta Z, but I'm not familiar with that technical term.
Anyway, I'm hoping there is an advantage with the copy abilities this time around. It was kinda disappointing that most of the characters' Normal Bs in Melee were their weakest special, made weaker (in some cases) by a smaller range.

Geop

Smash Cadet
Very nice guide. Well constructed as always...
I'm sure this will help many future kirbys, Although I already knew all the cameos x.x
Can't wait till More information is posted :)

Card

Smash Lord
Very nicely written guide T!mmy!

From one guide writer to another, I must tip my hat to you and say that you've inspired me to improve my guide even further. I am actually the writer of the Pokemon Trainer guide (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142987) and after having gone through your guide, I found that your guide showed many more things which are lacking in my guide. Already I have added screencaps of moves, and plan on really going into more detail just like you have in this guide.

Thanks

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Thanks Card. I'm really glad my guide helped you out. When I do projects I try to do my best so that I can help contribute to other people's projects too.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Here's a question: I know in Melee, that Kirby can chain backairs for a psuedo-WoP, named the "Fence of Pain". Is it still a fence in Brawl, or has it been improved into being a new WoP of sorts? A friend said it was more WoP-y than FoP-y, so I wanted a second opinion.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Here's a question: I know in Melee, that Kirby can chain backairs for a psuedo-WoP, named the "Fence of Pain". Is it still a fence in Brawl, or has it been improved into being a new WoP of sorts? A friend said it was more WoP-y than FoP-y, so I wanted a second opinion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P0CROR-PAo

My first KO seems to point out that it's more of a wall now. I'm sure the percentage range is important, but it shouldn't be too hard to get off. The only problem is how good everyone's recovery seems to be in Brawl. Ike is easy to WoP as long as you don't get caught in his Aether. I'd suggest mixing up walls, dairs, and stones off the ledge to keep your opponent on guessing about how you're going to edge guard, but it's still probably too early to tell.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Wow, we have a Wall of Pain now =). Also, T!mmy should put this guide in his signauture with his Melee guide.

YinYang.ERROR

Smash Journeyman
T!mmy you did not reformat your laptop yet did you?!

go check the melee forums, I left some useful information that you may be able to save your laptop with.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
"Super Awesome Finisher?" Sorry Delta Z, but I'm not familiar with that technical term.
Anyway, I'm hoping there is an advantage with the copy abilities this time around. It was kinda disappointing that most of the characters' Normal Bs in Melee were their weakest special, made weaker (in some cases) by a smaller range.
It's Super Armor Frames, which means no knockback if hit, but you still get damaged.

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
I have found the ultimate Kirby combo while in the wifi room.

While tilting the control stick at a slight angle between downleft/downright and left/right, I discovered that when I use the c-stick down to where I would have used a dsmash, I use a dtilt.

I already know that this happens, but what I have figured out is that Kirby will scoot a little forward between the dtilts.

This means that Kirby can link dtilts up and can sweep the opponent to the other side of the stage. When you kick the opponent off the stage, they will grab the edge, you can follow with a jump and d-air to knock them off of the edge and kill them.

Although the dtilts maybe too far apart to keep a smarter opponent caught in the technique, there is also something interesting about it. Falco's laser lock. Catch a falling opponent into the kick and they will be TRAPPED and can be finished off easily.

Best of all, D-Throw can start the set up easily. Your opponent has to be hurt enough to be knocked off balance with themselves but also not hurt enough to fly far away, then you can start the combo.

I find it best to hold down on the control stick after d-throw and then go into the correct tilt to do the combo because if you lightly tilt it after d-throw, your opponent will end up behind you. If you smash it, you run and do a dash a. And there is a small time frame until which the combo kicks the opponent too far.

I think it's an inventive thing to do. Hopefully it will become usable. What do you think?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
"Super Armor Frames" comes from some old Marvel game. At least use the term "Heavy Frames" (or as t0mmy calls them "Fat Frames") because Smash isn't about superheros, nor is it really armor. They just don't move when hit.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P0CROR-PAo

My first KO seems to point out that it's more of a wall now. I'm sure the percentage range is important, but it shouldn't be too hard to get off. The only problem is how good everyone's recovery seems to be in Brawl. Ike is easy to WoP as long as you don't get caught in his Aether. I'd suggest mixing up walls, dairs, and stones off the ledge to keep your opponent on guessing about how you're going to edge guard, but it's still probably too early to tell.

Hey george what program do you use to record your vids on your computer? And what kind of hardware do you have set up for it?? I dont know much about recording from the wii since i just got it, but i wanted to make alot of kirby and metaknight vids for research's sake.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Any chance you could mention what seem like Kirby's best stages in Brawl, and who he seems to counter so far? 'Cause now that Kirby is better, he's gonna counter someone.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Hey george what program do you use to record your vids on your computer? And what kind of hardware do you have set up for it?? I dont know much about recording from the wii since i just got it, but i wanted to make alot of kirby and metaknight vids for research's sake.
For recording videos, I use a small application called AmCap. It's pretty old, but you can find some versions of it where people added some nice features to it that make it very useful. As for hardware, just make sure your PC has a decent amount of RAM and some hardware to capture videos. That could either be a PCI TV tuner card or (probably easier for you) a USB capture device. I'm still capturing videos on an ancient DVC 80, and I've been needing to upgrade to a good PCI card for a while now, but I don't have the money, and there seems to be a huge lack of good information on which card to get.

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Quick question what do i do to deal with a Samus who runs and spams missles?
Duck (nprobably won't work on the homing missles). A better solution would be to final cutter over the missles and the wave should hit them. Just fly towards her (get close range) and air dodge when needed to avoid the missles. If they roll dodge away from you, run after them and grab them. Get them near a ledge so they can't run that direction anymore.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
As soon as this guide is finished (why does the Meta-Knight: Behind the Mask have more development?), I will copy and save it to my computer.

Why is T!mmy's postbit King Dedede? Or did someone already bring that to his attention?

Osx

Smash Rookie
Thank you very much T!mmy! Your guide definitely enlightened me Kirby's awesomeness. : D

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Sorry that I've been scarce lately. Not only is my computer dead, but my brother's computer ran into problems connecting to the internet (though my Wii works fine for some reason). Also, I've just been playing Brawl in my spare time. Lol.

Some good news: I took 2nd place at the last regional tournament with nothing but Kirby. I could've taken 1st but t0mmy's R.O.B. is just too good. x_x

I have Dedede as my postbit because I have plenty of other Kirby avatars running around in my posts. lol. I was thinking of making it Meta Knight, though. Maybe it'll just change around among the three once I get more internet time.

Top Bottom