• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Video Archive

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
"You do not own this playlist"

You might have linked to the wrong page.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Tournament this weekend. I should be able to get some new vids. ^_^

apple joos

Smash Cadet
thanks for putting this up it's really convienient. i was wishing there would be something like this in the kirby threads

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I finally got some matches recorded with my Kirby! :D I was using him in a really small low tier tournament, and I was confident that I was going to win (I knew everyone there) but I had to leave early ): Anyway, I'll get some videos posted soon.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
You told me on AIM it would be a couple days before you got the videos uploaded. I figured I could leave a message here and pester you about them:

Are they done yet?
^__^

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman

Dodger

Smash Ace
Good news guys, with a little bit of luck, there may be a few more vids of me posted in the near future. And the best part? I actually WIN one of them! ;-)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Cool, Dodger. The more Kirby videos, the better. ^_^

Edit:

First video - Kirby's tech chase is pretty slow. If you can't get to your opponent in time for another grab after a d-throw, try using a d-smash or hammer. If they sidestep, they can still get caught afterward. If they roll away instead, you'll still miss, but at least you won't be punished like when you miss a grab. And if they don't tech after a d-throw, hit them! U-tilts or jab work well in that situation. If you didn't expect them to not tech, then at least get your shield up. If they try to hit you, you'll have your shield up for defense, and if they just stand up without an attack you can still jump out of shield or shield-grab them in time. The worse thing they can do in that situation is roll away from you, but even then you can slide out of your shield and go after them.

Second video - why did you SD two of your stock? Was it a crew battle, or handicap, or what? And you should avoid using D-throw against Samus. All she has to do is n-air you after the throw before Kirby can get out of his lag. This was sort of an odd match because of the stock and all, so that's all I have to say.

Third video - okay, I guess this must be a crew battle kind of thing since Ganondorf jumped off a stock in this video too. One thing you shouldn't do is d-tilt when your opponent is out of range. They can come in and hit you in your lag, as I saw happen in this video. Ganon dash danced and you stuck out your foot and then he went for a Gerudo Punch. Normally you would have crouch canceled that and could counter attack, but being lagged from the d-tilt meant you got launched into the air instead. So, just remember, the d-tilt strike rather quickly, you can afford to wait for someone to really come within reach. Aside from that, it's a pretty safe attack. Oh, and one more thing. When you jumped up to u-air him from under the left-side platform, he put up his shield and was knocked off. Use Kirby's slow air movement in times like these to follow his descent and hit with a second aerial while he's tumbling. Iif he hadn't put up a shield, he probably would have been hit, but he did, so you have to already know what's going to happen next and prepare for it.

Fourth video - Fox is going to be faster and stronger than Kirby, so you just have to know the matchup really well. This way you'll know how to respond to Fox's fast SHFFLs, Shine Spikes, and other evil tricks. Against this Fox, it shouldn't have been too hard to see his attacks coming... he didn't even seem to know how to SHL effectively. Stay just out of his (Short Hop to N-air) range, and you'll be able to dash or slide away from him and move in for a counter attack. The counter attack varies depending on your distancing and time given, but you can go for D-tilt, F-tilt, B-air, F-air, and even things like Hammer and Final Cutter.

When recovering, either go over his head, return level to the stage's ledge, or hug the wall. If you go over his head, he'd just love to u-air you so watch out for that. Returning level to the ledge is a tactic to use because at that trajectory it's harder for Fox to get a quick shine spike (until you reach right next to the ledge at which point you could always airdodge or hit him first). To shine spike you away from the ledge he'd either have to jump at you from above, which telegraphs his attack, or drop down and then jump up for a shine spike - which telegraphs his attack, and also puts him in a position to be hit without jumps.

If you're recovering from below, you'll want to hug the stage as you jump up because he really can't hit you with anything except a shine spike, or something odd like a dropping b-air). Either way you'll be close enough to the stage to see it coming and wall-tech it. Use the Final Cutter before he goes for the hit so that you won't Air Dodge accidentally before he hits you. You can also try to go for a quick u-air when he drops down after you, but woe to you if you miss (unless you u-air and go for a tech at the same time ^__^).

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
Ok you did pretty good against the shiek in your first match. I think you should try to not tech chase her with the grab as she punished you almost every single time for it (except for at higher percents) Also I think you should work on your timing with your d tilts as it can be very effective vs. Shiek and her ground game. She never really grabbed you which is good for you cause if she grabbed you then you will most likely die. Its very good that you jump cancelled and grabbed. I guess maybe you should short hop and f air more and follow it up more with maybe a d tilt or jabs. You should probably try the vulcan jab as it is very effective.

Any match against Samus is never going to be a good one cause Samus really owns Kirby. As far as from what I saw you need to be a little bit more cautious against Samus. (Obviously not including your suicides) Her Projectiles really own Kirby and so does her CC. Don't try to float around Samus and attack, it just won't work. Samus will be glad to take you out in the air while you are defenseless and slow moving with her charge beam, missiles or Nair. You have to be quick on the ground and duck her missiles and shield or spot dodge the charge beam. Short hopping fair works well and d tilt, but keep your spacing.

Against the ganondorf you did good regardless of his suicides. The only things I recommend is that you try the vulcan jab as it works well especially against Ganondorf, and that still you play more cautiously. The first f smash could have been avoided. Even though Ganondorf may appear to be slow he is still quite fast with his moves and they are very powerful. Avoid them.

Much like the Samus match Fox also owns Kirby pretty badly. The Fox made alot of mistakes vs. you so I am going to assume that he doesn't know how to play a Kirby very well. Again in this match up if you don't jab it will be quite difficult. Also consider not attacking aggressively all the time. On alot of your attacks you DIed forward and got punished. Try doing a Fair but then DIing back once in a while. Also don't try Dair against Fox unless you KNOW that you will hit cause his Upsmash or Uptilt will out prioritze you and own you. As a matter of fact don't try anything if your above him and he is below you unless your almost certain that you will succeed with whatever technique you use, because if you don't you get a free upsmash or free grab to Upair. Oh and if you anticipate the shine on the ground you can tech it by pressing L the same time you get shined. Also if you are returning and you know you are going to get shine spiked, then drop down to the stage and try recovering close to the wall so that if he does go down for the spike then you could wall tech it and return. It is better than getting spiked.

Wow timmy must have been posting at the same time I was sorry bout that if he covered me.

Dodger

Smash Ace
>.<
Sorry guys. There was a tourney about a year ago which is just releasing vids now, and I thought my set with DSF might have been recorded, but it appears that that wasn't the case.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Aw, that's no fun. But let's look on the bright side, those vids were a year old... and you'll have recent videos up ... soon. Right? Rightrightright?

Dodger

Smash Ace
Hey guess what? It turns out I DID get a video recorded at that tourney I told you guys about. It wasn't the match I expected though. it's just a friendly with HugS, but hey it's better than nothing right?

This video is a year old though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPhfTwHbTyo

My next mission: record a match where I win!

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I'm recording more recent vids tomorrow, hopefully I can get some up. Also, There are crews up for my city, took off 8 stocks, but didn't play too well. Also, there were a lot of newcomers to the event. A lot. @_@

Anyway, I'm not dead, and i"m planning on recent videos soon.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Glad to see some activity in the video section again. And... wow, sorry Dodge, I didn't see your new post until just now. I'm going to go watch your match now.

yuki

Smash Apprentice
@dodger. It seemed that sometimes you timed your jumps a bit wrong giving that samus a good hit on you. Also try working on some mindgames. Furthermore from what I saw your a good kirby ^^

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
This thread seems a little neglected since everyone is making separate threads for their videos. Not that I'm opposed to those threads - the Kirby boards need more activity as it is - it's just that now this thread isn't getting much attention. V_V

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
*Gives Attention x3*

I made my solo threads for personal help. Feel free to include some of my videos on the Archive. I've already tagged all my videos with "Cereal Rabbit" "Smash Boards" "Super Smash Bros Melee" etc...

Should we advertise this thread? o____o?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Well, the way I have it set up is that the names on the front page are linked to (Screen Name) + (Kirby) as YouTube tags. That way all new videos added will be automatically updated to these links as long as they have those two tags (the person's name + Kirby).

I'm wonder what we can do to add to this thread's activity when all the new videos have threads of their own. Maybe if anyone adds any new videos in a separate thread, they should post to this thread too? Individual help or comments can go to the individual threads, and this can be for listing updates.

With that said, I should be getting some new videos online soon. :)

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I'm going to a tournament on the 19th.
This Friday, I'm going to be smashing with a really good Falco. I might smash with him again Saturday...

New videos are going up... but they're going to be crappy (quality) as ever. ;)

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Nice, T!mmy. ^^; If I get the chance, I'll try to upload a video (Although I'm nowhere near as good as Professional Kirbies)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You could add my videos :).

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Video list updated: added Hylian to the list.

And btw, I got a bunch of videos recorded while at DAN2. There were actually VCRs set up + no one cared if I recorded matches (0C3 I'm looking at you). So look forward to lots of new Kirby vids soon. ^__^

Edit:
I should have just double-posted, but I'll just edit this instead.
The thread to my new videos is here:

t!mmy at the DAN2 in WA

And you can still find them linked under my name in the first post of this thread, of course. ;)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Tell him to come post. I haven't heard from him since NUB.

Edit:
Added Warp $tar Warrior to the list.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
cool ALL his matches he's ever recorded are on my channel, he has a new one with silent spectre up. lol not pretty. but yeah all his sets with bob$, hostility and in a few weeks he's gonna have some videos of him vs zelgadis and germ, will all be on my channel. so again that's:

youtube.com/dvcrecroom

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
That last link was audio, not video. Ha ha, j/k. I'm going to put it up in the special section on the first post because it's not often a Kirby player gets interviews. :)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I lowtier main kirby, and play him in doubles sometimes. That's bout it.

I know vanz just got a set recorded... somewhere. That's all of the kirby i can think of off the top of my head.

Top Bottom