• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knuckles for Brawl!

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I was talking about Earthbenderjump5.....:laugh:
I guess I could have quoted Earthbenderjump5 to avoid confusion, but seriously it's not really worth it.
I'd rather want that guy stop posting here, the amount of failing is epic.

hottempered

Smash Rookie
Hi. I'm a new poster here, but I've visited before. I made a moveset for Knuckles a while back, because he is my favorite video game character of all time. I posted this once on IGN, but it got unnoticed by most people, so I didn't get a lot of opinions on it. I thought I would try posting it here to see what most of you thought.

~Knuckles the Echidna~

Knuckles would be as fast as Falco, have DK's strength, and would have the gliding ability.
He would, however, have a mediocre jump and have somewhat slow attacks.

A-Punch
A,A-Double Punch
A,A,A-Headbutt
A ^-Uppercut
A v-Sweep Kick
A forward-Kick
Smash ^-Double Fist Uppercut
Smash v-Puts both fists across his chest, then throws them to his left and right sides.
Smash forward-Rears both of his fists back, and then punches with both of them.
Running A-Shoulder Charge
Neutral Air-Straight Punch
^ Air-Does a flip, while holding his fists together, and hits with them.
v Air-Faces down, with his fists towards the ground, and spins. When finished, flips back to air stance.
Forward Air-Spins with his fists out. Like DK's Neutral Air.
Backwards Air-Backhand

B-Rock Punch. Kicks a rock from the ground, and punches it forward.
B Forward-Spin Dash. Like Sonic's
B Down-Spire Stick. Smashes the ground and a rock spire comes out infront of him.
B Up-Rock Jump. Pulls a rock out of nowhere, and jumps off it. The rock goes flying down, doing the damage, while Knuckles goes flying up in the air. He doesn't do damage, and can be hit.

Grab-Reaches with his right hand.
Grab Attack-Straight punches with his left hand.
Throw Forward-Spins opponent once and sends them flying.
Throw Backward-Bends backwards and throws opponent.
Throw ^-Uses both hands, bends down and throws them up.
Throw v-Holds them up by the throat and choke slams them.

Taunt-Does a one-two punch.
Taunt 2-Drops and does three push-ups
Taunt 3-Turns his back to the camera at an angle, fist taps himself, then raise a fist, turns his head and smiles.

Final Smash-Super Knuckles. Like Sonic's, only slower and stronger. Also doesn't last that long.

Optional Final Smash-Avalanche. Punches the ground and sends rock falling down. Like Onyx in 64.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
well it apprently needs bumps all the time unless someone is here argueing, because thats the only time this is on the 1st page. and hn, you only come here to argue the only one who should leave before me is you. i don't argue with you people because i know nothing about the sales of sonic games, and everything im not sonic obbssed i play duh games and like duh characters, and sometimes do watch sonic x, thats it. i don't search up stuff on the internet to start arguements. so please if i may, would expect you to stop argueing, the only thing i said is that i think knuckles is better (many times) and you use your logic as so is to prove me wrong while i watch others argue with you about it. and it seems to me that you have searched all of this up because you like knuckles and so not so many people do, at least online, so you search this up to argue that they are more important and to say they are better just for you to think they are and have people agree with your facts. well your facts mean nothing to me. and would like you to not start and arguement over this, i have only said this because you have said i needed to leave and explained to you, you need to stop starting arguements over tails, please would you go back to the tails thread and stop.
thnx

Kronzo

Smash Apprentice
Yeah.. i personally like Knuckles more than Sonic, and I hate Tails...

Knux for Brawl!

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
me 3 :D

so, hm....i know someone just made a moveset but is there anyone here is good at making characters wat they would look like in brawl? it would be awsome if someone could do that and an amazing ms.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I love Knuckles and Sonic, but how could you guys not like Tails? He's not nearly as awesome as the other two, but still pretty cool :p I loved Sonic 3 ... while I really would've liked it to have a Sonic & Knuckles duo for 1 player mode I really enjoyed Sonic and Tails too.

Knuckles would make this game even more perfect than it already is. There would be all of my favourite characters in one game, and I doubt any other game could be better.

I really hope Knuckles will be in... it would be so fantastic... but Tails would still be pretty cool, but personally, I think Tails will be an AT. Hopefully Knuckles will be playable...

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Japan popularity: Tails>>>>>>>Knuckles.
Europe popularity: Tails>>>>Knuckles.
Character Priorty: Tails>>Knuckles.

America popularity: Knuckles>>>Tails. (Because of 4Kids)

Does it balance out? No.

Argue if you may.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
Character Priorty: Tails>>Knuckles.

Does it balance out? No.

Argue if you may.
This is the kind of **** that starts flame wars between Knux and Tails fans. I like Knuckles way more than Tails, and not because of 4kids. I don't even watch any Sonic cartoons, because personally, I think they all suck. I would also like to see some actual polls/statistics proving that Tails is more popular. Unless you have proof, you're just talking out your ***.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
yeah i want to see some real polls but as for now until we can see those real polls could we stop? there is about to start a tails is better than knux my tails fans comming here again. so please just stop.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
4Kids voice the games as well as the cartoons, which is what i'm pointing at. I haven't got anything against Knuckles, he's a great character, and would be a good addition in brawl. But those results are true, due to sakurai's poll, and many other resources.

But there won't be a second Sonic rep as far as I can see.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm actually glad that Sonic is more likely going to be the only playable. It will be able to shut up all who think "Oh, if Sonic is playable then *insert random sonic character* will be playable for sure!". Tails and Knuckles will appear in some form though. But neither of them will have the chance of being playable. Just because characters besides Sonic were playable in most games from 1992-now does NOT mean that Sonic will have a playable partner/rival/enemy in Brawl. It should remind us of his glory back in 1991: Back when he was beating the competition without friends. I acknowledge that many characters are popular, But none are more so then the hedgehog who started it all: Sonic

If you've seen me earlier about Tails, and don't agree with this message or earlier ones. Then go ahead and change the insults from Tails fanboy to Sonic-only Fanboy

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps next SSB, but it seems unlikely in Brawl though. But since Megaman's chances have dropped a bit, there may still be a chance. Dispite that, we still don't know what the third party limit is...

EDIT: Yes, Sonic will be fine on his own. We were lucky to get him in the first place. So it's best to save these discussions until next SSB.

SonicMario

Smash Master
The only other likely choice (That isn't Megaman, and if he is considered 3rd party) is Geno. Then behind him, possibly Bomberman. Everyone else is too ridiculous like how Mog is being supported here. When obviously any type of moogle won't even be mentioned in the game. Of course there is that Leon rumor, but I doubt it's real. It came from IMDB, basically anyone can edit it anyway like Wikipedia.

Del Money

Smash Champion
That Dolla Billz person seems like a pretty smart fella...heh-heh

Anyways...
Choose words carefully. "Popularity" wise, I'd say they're pretty much even. For a person to have heard of Tails and NOT have heard of Knuckles means that they either:
A). Played Sonic 2 and no game beyond that.
B). Stopped following ALL things Sonic after the 1993 cartoons (which were created in the USA btw).

First of all, choose your words carefully again. How does 4Kids make Knuckles "more popular"? It's not like Tails and Knuckles weren't BOTH represtned in Sonic X. And secondly, why do people keep blaming 4Kids for the character that is Tails? Tails is portrayed as whiny and defenseless in every Sonic cartoon series prior to Sonic X. Tails is also portrayed that way in the earlier issues of the Sonic comic series by archie comics. In fact the only reason Tails is capable all that he is in the video games is simply for playability's sake. I'm not saying Tails sucks. But Tails has that personality so either deal with it or petition Sega to make him a badass. But don't pretend that Tails being portrayed in that way only just happened recently.

I'm Del Money and I approve this post.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
That Dolla Billz person seems like a pretty smart fella...heh-heh

Anyways...
Choose words carefully. "Popularity" wise, I'd say they're pretty much even. For a person to have heard of Tails and NOT have heard of Knuckles means that they either:
A). Played Sonic 2 and no game beyond that.
B). Stopped following ALL things Sonic after the 1993 cartoons (which were created in the USA btw).
Ok but Tails(3rd) being more popular then Knuckles(4rd) is a fact in Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_Prower

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knuckles_the_Echidna

Poll in Japan:
http://sonic.sega.jp/event/016/index.html

First of all, choose your words carefully again. How does 4Kids make Knuckles "more popular"? It's not like Tails and Knuckles weren't BOTH represtned in Sonic X. And secondly, why do people keep blaming 4Kids for the character that is Tails? Tails is portrayed as whiny and defenseless in every Sonic cartoon series prior to Sonic X. Tails is also portrayed that way in the earlier issues of the Sonic comic series by archie comics. In fact the only reason Tails is capable all that he is in the video games is simply for playability's sake. I'm not saying Tails sucks. But Tails has that personality so either deal with it or petition Sega to make him a badass. But don't pretend that Tails being portrayed in that way only just happened recently.
Indeed Tails was portrayed in a ****ty way in SatAM, but guess by who? America.
Tails was 4 years old and half in AoStH and he still was better then in his SatAM counterpart, but even there I really disliked his personality.
The true portrayal of Tails lie in the SegaSonic canon, the Sonic X Anime and the Archie comic at in some way(He's older in that one thought).
Knuckles was badly portrayed in Sonic Underground, but seeing as everything in that show sucked it doesn't really matter.

In fact the only reason Tails is capable all that he is in the video games is simply for playability's sake

Likewise for every character in the series including Sonic, Knuckles, etc.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Stupid Wikipedia. Anyways, "more popular" could mean "more liked", "more known", or "more recognized". This may be a stupid argument of semantic, but I see popularity as more recognized/more known. The poll and Wikipedia apparent acknowledge it is "more liked"...otherwise that idiot, Shadow wouldn't be up there. As a side note, this is starting to become a real problem because had Sega just killing off Shadow earlier, nothing would've happened. NOW, Sega absolutely can't afford to kill off Shadow otherwise they'd lose an asston of little fanbase they have left. Unless Sega can transform Shadow into a character that is liked by the older generation of Sonic fans as well as the younger generation, they more or less have dug themselves into yet another hole.

Indeed Tails was portrayed in a ****ty way in SatAM, but guess by who? America.
So what? He was portrayed that way in the Sonic OVA anime (Sonic The Movie...the you you thought I--er I mean Dolla Billz didn't like).

Tails was 4 years old and half in AoStH and he still was better then in his SatAM counterpart, but even there I really disliked his personality.
I honestly felt Tails was worse in AoStH. At least in SatAM, he karated-kicked a beanbag.

The true portrayal of Tails lie in the SegaSonic canon, the Sonic X Anime and the Archie comic at in some way(He's older in that one thought).
I almost misread this part of your post. I was about to go on a rant about how you're on crack in you think Sonic X and that Chris Thorndike crappyass character are canon contributions to the Sonic world. Then I was going to go on another rant about how if humans (with the exception of Robotnik and Snively) were never introduce into Sonic media, the world would be a better place.

Knuckles was badly portrayed in Sonic Underground, but seeing as everything in that show sucked it doesn't really matter.
Yes, but the 4 episodes will Knuckles in it were actually very good...not just relative to Sonic Underground, but they were actually as enjoyable to me as a good number of the SatAM episodes. I agree though, most of Sonic Underground was crap...but I still liked it better than AoStH and Sonic X (the 4Kids dub...don't really care to try watching the Japanese dub with subtitles since the same lame character cast in there).

In fact the only reason Tails is capable all that he is in the video games is simply for playability's sake

Likewise for every character in the series including Sonic, Knuckles, etc.
I kinda disagree. You must've misunderstood what I was trying to say because that seems like too much of a smart alec response from you and you normally don't do that unless you're being flamed. Knuckles outside the video games is already known for being a strongfighter, being capable of gliding, and climbing walls, digging, etc. Sonic is already known for speed, spin attacks, etc outside of the video games. Tails is known for flying and mechanic skills outside of the video games. Tails and Knuckles were BOTH given the ability to attack enemies by jumping in a ball for playability's sake. Tails and Knuckles were BOTH given the spindash in the classic Sonic games for playability's sake. Tails doing a Tails-swipe in SA1 was merely for playability's sake. Tails using his helicopter-tails while flying as an attack in Sonic 3, was simply for playability's sake. Nowhere outside the games was it documented that these were true-to-Tails attacks. Knuckles however could always attack by punching and gliding and this was known outside the video games. Therefore, Tails (outside the vido games) is deemed as defenseless relative to Sonic and Knuckles.

Either way, I still respect Tails a character...after all, he used to be my favorite prior to me playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Thanks to everything SA1 and beyond, I now like Sonic better than Tails. So I guess you could somewhat blame 4Kids for ruining Tails for me a bit. But Knuckles had always been my favorite since S3 & K and I believe that to be the case for most Knuckles fans on this board.

EDIT: I'm Del Money and I approve this post.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
In Sonic X, Tails has attacked with his tails. In most Sonic games Tails can attack with his tails. I don't understand why's it difficult to accept Tails as a fighting character...

You don't have to LOOK like a fighter, to BE a fighter. (Jigglypuff)
I still can't take sides on Tails or Knuckles. I love Tails as a character... But I love gliding and climbing too.

Del Money

Smash Champion
In Sonic X, Tails has attacked with his tails. In most Sonic games Tails can attack with his tails. I don't understand why's it difficult to accept Tails as a fighting character...

You don't have to LOOK like a fighter, to BE a fighter. (Jigglypuff)
I still can't take sides on Tails or Knuckles. I love Tails as a character... But I love gliding and climbing too.
Like I said before, I hate Sonic X and don't follow that crap. If Tails legitimately was shown using a Tail attack outside the video games and it was effective on an enemy then I can accept that. Still, it's common knowledge that Tails has typically needed Sonic by his side while Knuckles was typically a lone wolf. I really wish you guys would stop *****ing at me for liking Knuckles better. Since when is it a crime to like a badass character?...especially when I never claimed to hate Tails or even not like him for that matter?

shanus

Smash Hero
Like I said before, I hate Sonic X and don't follow that crap. If Tails legitimately was shown using a Tail attack outside the video games and it was effective on an enemy then I can accept that. Still, it's common knowledge that Tails has typically needed Sonic by his side while Knuckles was typically a lone wolf. I really wish you guys would stop *****ing at me for liking Knuckles better. Since when is it a crime to like a badass character?...especially when I never claimed to hate Tails or even not like him for that matter?

TAILS IN BRAWL

AND MORE

in case you couldn't see, SUPERZOOM

and omgz
KNUCKLES IN BRAWL

I posted this in another thread, but felt is better here.

I'm shanus and i think signing my post is awesome.

hottempered

Smash Rookie
Knuckles was made to be a fighter. Tails just sort of adapted. Tails could be an AT that catches you when you fall of the stage. Knuckles, if not playable, could be a stage hazard in a Sonic themed statge.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Knuckles was made to be a fighter. Tails just sort of adapted. Tails could be an AT that catches you when you fall of the stage. Knuckles, if not playable, could be a stage hazard in a Sonic themed statge.
Exactly what I'm thinking, but I really hope Knuckles will be playable...

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Stupid Wikipedia. Anyways, "more popular" could mean "more liked", "more known", or "more recognized". This may be a stupid argument of semantic, but I see popularity as more recognized/more known. The poll and Wikipedia apparent acknowledge it is "more liked"...otherwise that idiot, Shadow wouldn't be up there. As a side note, this is starting to become a real problem because had Sega just killing off Shadow earlier, nothing would've happened. NOW, Sega absolutely can't afford to kill off Shadow otherwise they'd lose an asston of little fanbase they have left. Unless Sega can transform Shadow into a character that is liked by the older generation of Sonic fans as well as the younger generation, they more or less have dug themselves into yet another hole.
Still Tails is more popular/liked(Isn't it like the same thing in the end?) then Knuckles in Japan.
I would gadly find the Europe polls that were holded 2 year back but I can't find them, but I recall Tails was 2nd on that poll right behind Sonic while Knuckles was 3rd sending Shadow in 4th place. :)

So what? He was portrayed that way in the Sonic OVA anime (Sonic The Movie...the you you thought I--er I mean Dolla Billz didn't like).
What? Tails was freaking awesome in that movie, Sonic and Tails never worked as good together. :ohwell:

I honestly felt Tails was worse in AoStH. At least in SatAM, he karated-kicked a beanbag.
No way Tails had a much better important role in AoStH, he even saved Sonic a few times!
Tails in SatAM was like useless baggage, I really hate that Tails seriously.

I almost misread this part of your post. I was about to go on a rant about how you're on crack in you think Sonic X and that Chris Thorndike crappyass character are canon contributions to the Sonic world. Then I was going to go on another rant about how if humans (with the exception of Robotnik and Snively) were never introduce into Sonic media, the world would be a better place.
Was talking about Tails personality wise since he act closer to his game counterpart in that show, but you never really watched the last season to see what Tails accomplished.

Yes, but the 4 episodes will Knuckles in it were actually very good...not just relative to Sonic Underground, but they were actually as enjoyable to me as a good number of the SatAM episodes. I agree though, most of Sonic Underground was crap...but I still liked it better than AoStH and Sonic X (the 4Kids dub...don't really care to try watching the Japanese dub with subtitles since the same lame character cast in there).
SU better then Sonic X? Sorry but I really disagree there, if Knuckles wasn't in that show I would not have bothered with it.
I hate seeing Sonic singing gay corny songs, make me wanna pull my hair out.

I kinda disagree. You must've misunderstood what I was trying to say because that seems like too much of a smart alec response from you and you normally don't do that unless you're being flamed. Knuckles outside the video games is already known for being a strongfighter, being capable of gliding, and climbing walls, digging, etc. Sonic is already known for speed, spin attacks, etc outside of the video games. Tails is known for flying and mechanic skills outside of the video games. Tails and Knuckles were BOTH given the ability to attack enemies by jumping in a ball for playability's sake. Tails and Knuckles were BOTH given the spindash in the classic Sonic games for playability's sake. Tails doing a Tails-swipe in SA1 was merely for playability's sake. Tails using his helicopter-tails while flying as an attack in Sonic 3, was simply for playability's sake. Nowhere outside the games was it documented that these were true-to-Tails attacks. Knuckles however could always attack by punching and gliding and this was known outside the video games. Therefore, Tails (outside the vido games) is deemed as defenseless relative to Sonic and Knuckles.

Tails doing a Tails-swipe in SA1 was merely for playability's sake
How so? If that ability(Tails Swipe) was first used in Sonic The Fighter(Arcade) which is also a classic game.

Nowhere outside the games was it documented that these were true-to-Tails attacks
An example of Tails using it(Is this effective enough?):

He also use it in Sonic X, the Archie comics(As seen above) and all the recent games(Sonic Rivals 2 being the most recent use) including Sonic the Fighter and you say it's not true-to-Tails attacks?

Therefore, Tails (outside the vido games) is deemed as defenseless relative to Sonic and Knuckles.
I proved you above Tails is not defenseless and can fight back on various other media, therefore Tails is a competent fighter on his own of course far from Sonic and Knuckles level as of now(He's still so young!)

Either way, I still respect Tails a character...after all, he used to be my favorite prior to me playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Thanks to everything SA1 and beyond, I now like Sonic better than Tails. So I guess you could somewhat blame 4Kids for ruining Tails for me a bit. But Knuckles had always been my favorite since S3 & K and I believe that to be the case for most Knuckles fans on this board.
Well that's ok, I also liked Tails over Sonic and still do today since his introduction in Sonic 2.
When Knuckles first came he even became my 2nd favorite putting Sonic in 3rd place, lol I remember none of my friends wanted to play as Sonic.
It was either Tails or Knuckles, but anyway I don't remember when I started liking Sonic more then Knuckles but It wasn't because of 4kids really for me.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Game wise Tails is less buildable than Knuckles (look at the Adventure Series and Advanced Series, Knuckles is given more moves than Tails each time), naturally this means next to nothing, but its worth pointing out.

There's also that Tails keeps getting more and more nerfed and downgraded recently (Case and point: Sonic and Mario at the Olympics Tails is next to useless) Rivals 1 he was kidnapped, StH on 360 he wasn't Support, Sonic Rush he was support (not playable)... Tails is important, but his lead on Knuckles has long since dried up.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
Still Tails is more popular/liked(Isn't it like the same thing in the end?) then Knuckles in Japan.
I would gadly find the Europe polls that were holded 2 year back but I can't find them, but I recall Tails was 2nd on that poll right behind Sonic while Knuckles was 3rd sending Shadow in 4th place. :)

What? Tails was freaking awesome in that movie, Sonic and Tails never worked as good together. :ohwell:

No way Tails had a much better important role in AoStH, he even saved Sonic a few times!
Tails in SatAM was like useless baggage, I really hate that Tails seriously.

Was talking about Tails personality wise since he act closer to his game counterpart in that show, but you never really watched the last season to see what Tails accomplished.

SU better then Sonic X? Sorry but I really disagree there, if Knuckles wasn't in that show I would not have bothered with it.
I hate seeing Sonic singing gay corny songs, make me wanna pull my hair out.

How so? If that ability(Tails Swipe) was first used in Sonic The Fighter(Arcade) which is also a classic game.

An example of Tails using it(Is this effective enough?):

He also use it in Sonic X, the Archie comics(As seen above) and all the recent games(Sonic Rivals 2 being the most recent use) including Sonic the Fighter and you say it's not true-to-Tails attacks?

I proved you above Tails is not defenseless and can fight back on various other media, therefore Tails is a competent fighter on his own of course far from Sonic and Knuckles level as of now(He's still so young!)

Well that's ok, I also liked Tails over Sonic and still do today since his introduction in Sonic 2.
When Knuckles first came he even became my 2nd favorite putting Sonic in 3rd place, lol I remember none of my friends wanted to play as Sonic.
It was either Tails or Knuckles, but anyway I don't remember when I started liking Sonic more then Knuckles but It wasn't because of 4kids really for me.
No offense, but can you just leave already? This is the 'Knuckles for Brawl' thread, not the 'Prove Tails is Better' thread. In the end, no one here really cares what you're saying, because we all like Knuckles better.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
I would want Knuckles in before Tails. Obviously.

He is much better in every possible way. Except recovery. Well, Knuckles can glide, actually. Nevermind.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
No offense, but can you just leave already? This is the 'Knuckles for Brawl' thread, not the 'Prove Tails is Better' thread. In the end, no one here really cares what you're saying, because we all like Knuckles better.

First I never said Tails was better, second I don't give a darn about you I was discussing with Del Money are you him? No so shut up.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Game wise Tails is less buildable than Knuckles (look at the Adventure Series and Advanced Series, Knuckles is given more moves than Tails each time), naturally this means next to nothing, but its worth pointing out.

There's also that Tails keeps getting more and more nerfed and downgraded recently (Case and point: Sonic and Mario at the Olympics Tails is next to useless)
You obviously don't know how to proprely use the characters, every characters are poor in some areas.
Tails is good at everything that isn't Track field, due to his slowness in this game.

Rivals 1 he was kidnapped, StH on 360 he wasn't Support, Sonic Rush he was support (not playable)... Tails is important, but his lead on Knuckles has long since dried up.
Knuckles was support like Tails in StH, in Sonic Rush he was just there to break a rock so he was even less important Tails.
In Sonic Rush Adventure he wasn't even in the game, so really no Knuckles lead is pretty much on par with Tails actually.

Top Bottom